PDA

View Full Version : Developer statement regarding Elite weapons

Techno Email
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Hear ye hear ye! I'm here to address the many questions regarding the mysterious appearance of six Elite weapons on Friday.

First of all, I'd like to give a big shout-out to everyone who shared their constructive feedback. Your feedback is essential to making the Elite weapons a truly outstanding reward. Now, what you've all been waiting for...ANSWERS!! :D

The excitement over my spontaneous decision is completely understandable. Selfishly, I wanted your feedback right away. I was in game on Friday to solicit feedback about the latest content and loaned out 6 of the weapons for players to try over the weekend and give feedback. All of the 6 loaners have been returned. We all know these weapons are not going to show up overnight, but player feedback will ensure you’re not disappointed when an Elite weapon finally drops for you.

Here are the adjustments we’re considering:

1. You want the Elite items to contribute to legendary gear set bonuses.
2. The Marlin sword is a killer idea but could use some more "OOMPH" - perhaps even a ferocious RAWR!!!

Thanks for all your feedback! Keep it coming and keep it constructive! You guys ROCK!!

PS. We also have a fun scavenger hunt coming up – check out the details here:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?63967-Nightmare-Scavenger-Hunt&p=721332#post721332

Energizeric
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Excellent! :)

drewcapu
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Is there a way to make the shark yell, "Candygram!", when he comes out?

:vD:

Worship
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Techno Email.. *beep boop bop* *MGMT- Electric Feel playing in the background*

Anyway.. thanks!

FluffNStuff
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I hear the cannon can be quite suicidy. Is that a standard feature?

WoundedEagle
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Techno Email.. *beep boop bop* *MGMT- Electric Feel playing in the background*

Anyway.. thanks!

Awesome song and such.

saool
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
You should try and change the proc on the shipbow so it doesn't kill teammates lol I got boot once for that. And in CtF it shouldn't kill your team like I did. Just a suggestion to avoid uncontrollable deaths lmao

GoodSyntax
07-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Will we get a full elite legendary set?

Keep up the good work techno! You guys are on a roll right now! There has been more updates and new features added in the past month than in the past year, so kudos for all the hard work - I, for one, am enjoying it immensely!

GoodSyntax
07-23-2012, 04:28 PM
You should try and change the proc on the shipbow so it doesn't kill teammates lol I got boot once for that. And in CtF it shouldn't kill your team like I did. Just a suggestion to avoid uncontrollable deaths lmao

With great power comes great responsibility...

Worship
07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Awesome song and such.

Indeed it is.. very awesome.

Walkhardd
07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Will we get a full elite legendary set?

Keep up the good work techno! You guys are on a roll right now! There has been more updates and new features added in the past month than in the past year, so kudos for all the hard work - I, for one, am enjoying it immensely!

They had a meeting and decided that since walkhardd left they can start rolling out all the cool stuff.

WoundedEagle
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Indeed it is.. very awesome.

A bit old though. Still, their music is amazing. Indie Rokkers is my favorite. Disregard our talk of music everyone.

McBain
07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
For the set bonuses, what's the idea? Make the elite class of items essentially a "wild card" that will combine with any legendary set, or just those from Humania? Either way, that would be interesting. Another way of approaching it is to just juice the stats of these weapons so that breaking the set bonus isn't a big deal.

CrimsonTider
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback , TE. I think all the issues about dispersement and future ideas have been covered.

JaytB
07-23-2012, 05:51 PM
As said here already, thanks for clearing up all confusion :)

Bebsi
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
With great power comes great responsibility...

Lmao ^_^

Suentous PO
07-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Hopefully my warning Alterra of Saools killinspree might be construed as constructive feedback. Lol ;)
Thx, cheers

modredd
07-23-2012, 06:33 PM
So are the Elite weapons dropping in game now?

Zeus
07-23-2012, 06:37 PM
PvP is going to be ruled by anyone with the dex elite weapon, lmao.

ImHawk
07-23-2012, 06:41 PM
So are the Elite weapons dropping in game now?
They r droppable..
But r very rare...

McBain
07-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Have any dropped yet though? The only ones I've seen were those that were loaned over the weekend. Sam also posted something about loaning them to certain players in order to get feedback for when they do drop. I took that as saying that they weren't actually dropping yet, and the few that were in-game were the loaners.

CrimsonTider
07-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Have any dropped yet though? The only ones I've seen were those that were loaned over the weekend. Sam also posted something about loaning them to certain players in order to get feedback for when they do drop. I took that as saying that they weren't actually dropping yet, and the few that were in-game were the loaners.

I ran with Hyan a couple of hours before this thread was made. Not sure when the items were taken back but he was using the Swordfish Sword durj g our runs.

As for feedback, in about 5 Monster Bash runs, the "shark" procced exactly one time. IMO, unless the weapkns are given significant ztat upgrades and/or are included in set bonuses, I would not farm one. Again, that is just my opinion and that could change based on any changes made to the weapkns after TE gets all of her feedback.

Ixillicus
07-23-2012, 07:47 PM
I know a player who got the swordfish as a drop. It is the only non-loaner I know of.

Energizeric
07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, that is hyasneagle. He's the only one I know of that got an actual elite drop.

Skeletonlord
07-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Ah, so it is a promo code between me and a pair of those antennas? Looking forward to the hunt! The Hunt for the Illusive Antenna!

vampinoy
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Even though I feel the issues were not directly answered as many of the previous posters assumed (mostly inflammatory), and as I had thought (justifying the existence of that "thread" even though several thought it was unnecessary). Now, anyone who decides to visit here whether intentionally or just out of curiosity, unless you are one my avid followers/haters in my late thread, will have no idea what specific issues this explanation are addressing. Of course, I'm not one to beat on a dead horse as several people put it, I will gladly take home the pie (even though I wished for a cake), and imagine the rest :P Thank you, have a good day :P I'm looking forward to these improvements. I'll leave with one final "feedback", as the late President Franklin once said: "Three may keep a secret, if the two of them are dead" ;P. Moving on.

chau
07-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Saw described that it can kill your teAm mates, and buff the enemies stas, lol, hey its nice idea, shouldnt fix that, those weapons can be extremely dangerous to enemies, but not being used properly, they back fire your town team. Love that. Very challenging. At least dont give users overpowered advantages so easily, eh?

Intenze
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I would love to see Elite 1 hand + shield weapons, mainly for bears. While attack bears are great and all, the role that most suits them is tanking, and unfortunately, the "best" item in the game does not line up with that role.

The ship cannon friendly fire really needs to go as well.

Pretty much the mage staff is the best and most suitable item in the game currently, though I am sure a wand and shield would be greatly appreciated by all mages as well!

schaco
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
are elite weapons not dropped from Humania?

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Nice ;)

slaveleia
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
are elite weapons not dropped from Humania?

Only from the boss from Elite dungeon Mystery Bash…must be level 71 to even try...

Drekkthar
08-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Regarding you consideration to include in legendary set bonus, i think its a good idea, right now w/o inclusion they do less damage, except if weapon procs, than the sets. And for birds the cannon is a negative if it procs. Please consider this and decide in favor of inclusion. Thanks.

Drekkthar
08-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Id love to hear if elite weapons will be part of sets or not...