PDA

View Full Version : I've seen it all now

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Wow...just wow lol.

he actually gave me a name too for the so called "dev" but its an actual players name in the game i think he randomly chose so i don't wanna post it on forums.

heads up support, actual uncensored screenies coming your way! XD

Zraorizer
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
No one falls for it these days,you should of asked where his cousin the " Dev" works at

Mitchturbo
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
It's sad to see people actually keep doing these pathetic scams.

Who ever keeps doing it, keeps on coming back regardless of bans or punishments it seems.
Maybe if they keep doing this and the chat log keeps track on device name, maybe a fine of $20 could be in order if they are caught in the act again.
It may solve this. Or not.
Guess the easiest thing is to report then mute. *sigh*
I just feel sorry for all those people that have fallen by these scams.

Flowman
07-23-2012, 05:57 PM
It's sad to see people actually keep doing these pathetic scams.

Who ever keeps doing it, keeps on coming back regardless of bans or punishments it seems.
Maybe if they keep doing this and the chat log keeps track on device name, maybe a fine of $20 could be in order if they are caught in the act again.
It may solve this. Or not.
Guess the easiest thing is to report then mute. *sigh*
I just feel sorry for all those people that have fallen by these scams.

You can't fine someone real money for scamming on a game because it's not breaking any laws.
It's deceitful and misleading...but it's not illegal.

Mitchturbo
07-23-2012, 06:12 PM
You can't fine someone real money for scamming on a game because it's not breaking any laws.
It's deceitful and misleading...but it's not illegal.

Yeah i know sadly, but these scoundrels arnt getting the just desserts they deserve.
It's a crying shame. I want them to feel fear when they attempt these things.
They just seem to shrug it off like second nature when they get banned and move to the next account/device.
Why is there people with no form of guilt or concience in this world. I personally will never understand it. *shrugs*

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 06:34 PM
in-game player moderators with a /mute [players name] command to mute their ability to talk in public for some set time. ;] would fix everything

even though these player mods would have to be chosen very VERY carefully.

Flowman
07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
in-game player moderators with a /mute [players name] command to mute their ability to talk in public for some set time. ;] would fix everything

Unfortunately people can just make new accounts under new emails.
With emails being so easy to make and the ability to play on Chrome...it's very hard to successfully moderate the game like that.

You'll probably catch the occasional kid who is just stupid and tries out a scam...then that mute temp system would work into scaring them...
But the ones who do it just because they like to...there's almost no stopping them sadly.

Ark
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I had something like this a few months ago.
I just didn't want to sell my squid buddy to him and then he starts threatening me saying his sister dates one of the dev. I was like, "Tell me the name of the dev. then" But he didn't tell me, he just said he will tell him and get me banned and get my account delete lol.

THEN there was another one that said his brother is a dev. and can get him free platinum whenever he wants.

Mitchturbo
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM

An Excellent Idea :-)
An age requiement would possibly be needed. Not to be offensive to the younger helpfull people I know (And trust me, they are extremely helpful and mature for their ages) , but with age you get the experience of how to handle these situations wisely and professionally from real life experience.

Lol we can't have someones ex girlfriend running around muted just because "whoever" in-game mod and her had a fight lol XD
Or because one person said a word like... "Crap" or "arse" for examples and "whoever" in-game mod believed it was too offensive of a word to use.

My two cents on the thought anyhow.

But yeah. I think Blackstar needs its own friendly neighborhood spider-man to stop the scammers/ aggressive arguments in open chat containing multiple chat filter avoided obscene language users that everyone can figure out what obscenities they are spamming for at least 5 mins at a time.*Breaths*
Will make SL a much more enjoyable game for a lot of people.

Flashgunner
07-23-2012, 07:03 PM
lol everyone scams these days...

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately people can just make new accounts under new emails.
With emails being so easy to make and the ability to play on Chrome...it's very hard to successfully moderate the game like that.

You'll probably catch the occasional kid who is just stupid and tries out a scam...then that mute temp system would work into scaring them...
But the ones who do it just because they like to...there's almost no stopping them sadly.

mac address banning/ ip bans. say goodbye to playing sts games foreva mwahahahhahahaha

on a side note: random added rep bar. sweet was 2 now 3 o_o

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 07:28 PM
An Excellent Idea :-)
An age requiement would possibly be needed. Not to be offensive to the younger helpfull people I know (And trust me, they are extremely helpful and mature for their ages) , but with age you get the experience of how to handle these situations wisely and professionally from real life experience.

Lol we can't have someones ex girlfriend running around muted just because "whoever" in-game mod and her had a fight lol XD
Or because one person said a word like... "Crap" or "arse" for examples and "whoever" in-game mod believed it was too offensive of a word to use.

My two cents on the thought anyhow.

But yeah. I think Blackstar needs its own friendly neighborhood spider-man to stop the scammers/ aggressive arguments in open chat containing multiple chat filter avoided obscene language users that everyone can figure out what obscenities they are spamming for at least 5 mins at a time.*Breaths*
Will make SL a much more enjoyable game for a lot of people.

exactly. It can be done, would just require a lot of evaluating of trusted members

I had something like this a few months ago.
I just didn't want to sell my squid buddy to him and then he starts threatening me saying his sister dates one of the dev. I was like, "Tell me the name of the dev. then" But he didn't tell me, he just said he will tell him and get me banned and get my account delete lol.

THEN there was another one that said his brother is a dev. and can get him free platinum whenever he wants.

sounds like a similar person to me haha

Flowman
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
mac address banning/ ip bans. say goodbye to playing sts games foreva mwahahahhahahaha

on a side note: random added rep bar. sweet was 2 now 3 o_o

You can change your Mac Address and IP Address. Not all that difficult to do =\

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 08:01 PM
You can change your Mac Address and IP Address. Not all that difficult to do =\

on a device? who is THAT dedicated to get back into the game lol

Flowman
07-23-2012, 08:03 PM

I said before the ones you have to worry about are on Chrome :p

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
still would count as an ip ban. so i really don't think anyone would keep changing their IP just to keep trolling on a game or whatever they were doing.

HunterSLAYER
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Technically,Sts can only find out a user's Ip address,not his MAC Address.

As a dev myself(for other games and programs), i have learned that MAC Addresses are actually hidden behind a user's SSID/Host name.

The only actual, LEGAL way to find out a person's MAC Address is to visit his house,check his device /His modem/router which will have an encrypted database of MAC addresses of connected devices.

The last way is of course illegal, which is to attempt hacking of the user's device to view internal hidden system info to grab the user's MAC Address.

Not that i'm saying u r completely wrong,but it's a fact and also,ip address can be easily changed by the following methods:
1.Restart your modem
2.Change it yourself at the control panel(no i won't tell u how in detail lol.)

:)

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

HunterSLAYER
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Yes flowman is right....technology on mobile devices have not surpassed that of the computer's and therefore macros and scripts are non-existent on mobile devices as the mobile devices probably won't even have enough power to run the macros/scripts.

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes flowman is right....technology on mobile devices have not surpassed that of the computer's and therefore macros and scripts are non-existent on mobile devices as the mobile devices probably won't even have enough power to run the macros/scripts.

wut..? this is about scammers.. lol

Rittik
07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Woo hes an intelligent person ;)
Atleast he could come up wid the reason that his cousin is a Dev..others bluntlt says "i will give u..just trust me"

mycroftxxx
07-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Hey, don't be hating on people using Chrome!

Mitchturbo
07-24-2012, 02:33 AM
You've seen everything? Have you seen a man devourer his own head before?
Lol jk:tickled_pink:
This kid was cussing a storm in Blackstar a while back & i told him to shut up or I'll report.. His reply was "Go ahead, my cousin is a dev"
Devs have so much family playing! :O

Lol *facepalm* Ah HAHAHAHA!!

TsunamiTheClown
07-24-2012, 11:02 AM
My answer to all of these kinda toons lately "Absolutly." Gets their blood pumping. Unfortunately for them that is all i say, over and over again. :)

Terrellz
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
LoL that same guy pm me that same scam earlier xD

Ihavenokills
07-24-2012, 04:38 PM
You've seen everything? Have you seen a man devourer his own head before?
Lol jk:tickled_pink:
This kid was cussing a storm in Blackstar a while back & i told him to shut up or I'll report.. His reply was "Go ahead, my cousin is a dev"
Devs have so much family playing! :O

smh lol

My answer to all of these kinda toons lately "Absolutly." Gets their blood pumping. Unfortunately for them that is all i say, over and over again. :)

ikr it just gets so old after a while. Just nothing really to say anymore

LoL that same guy pm me that same scam earlier xD

wow :/ he needs to be taken care of. go support goooooo

PianoWizzy
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Oh hey kills guess what, I think I got the same guy XD Trying to buy my mecha helm for 500 plat :P

Ihavenokills
07-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh hey kills guess what, I think I got the same guy XD Trying to buy my mecha helm for 500 plat :P

wow what the heck haha we have a wild scammer on the loose!

TsunamiTheClown
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM

Ok i can do 450 plat tops.