PDA

View Full Version : Reputation and Thanks ?

Hardcoure
07-24-2012, 02:59 AM
So I've noticed two buttons with the ability to thank someone?

There's the "standard" one and then there's the little green one that I can add a message with. Does getting regular thanks not add to a person's rep but the little green thumbs up add to it?

When my mouse hovers over the green one it says "Add to this user's reputation".

Skeletonlord
07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Both of these buttons add to a users reputation. The green bars show how much reputation you have. The more bars, the more reputation. Each "thank" you give goes towards someone's reputation. The "add to reputation" also gives reputation.

undertheradar
07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
You would know ^^

Hardcoure
07-24-2012, 03:23 AM
Hmm do they both add the same amount? I haven't used the green button so I don't know much about it.

Phoenixking
07-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks always adds 2 points, using the green button gives them the amount of points = reputation power
mine is 36 so if I use the green button I give 36 rep points instead of two from the thank you button

Samhayne
07-24-2012, 03:07 PM
The thanks and reputation button do the same things, but with different amounts as Phoenixking and Skeletonlord describe above.

The reputation stuff doesn't do anything other than possibly raise your green bar. It is a simple system to gauge a users reputation on our forums without any tangible benefit.

Hardcoure
07-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks all for the info! :chuncky: These are my first ever forums to be a part of so I'm definitely new.

Skeletonlord
07-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks all for the info! :chuncky: These are my first ever forums to be a part of so I'm definitely new.

Be sure to post if you have any questions!

dudetus
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Uh, why my post got deleted?

I feel so discriminated as I was only sayin' my own personal view :/