PDA

View Full Version : Hat Contest - Let the people decide!!

Pages : [1] 2

Spacetime Games
08-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Okay folks, there were so many fantastic entries that we are going to let YOU decide who the winner is. Here are all the entries, for more details check the original thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5833-Submit-your-Design-Here-for-Design-a-Hat-Contest!&p=57015#post57015).

Remember, we'll make it look great so pick what you think the overall best concept is!

Thanks so much to all the participants, we were blown away by your creativity!

Cascade
08-26-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm assuming we can't vote for ouselves? And please community remember its not about the excellent art...its about the helm in general thanks :)

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 04:58 PM
i cant vote? :'(
i wanted to vote for kavannah...

im guessing participants arent allowed to vote?

Fabz
08-26-2010, 04:59 PM
May the best design win!

Spacetime Games
08-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Of course you can vote for yourselves!

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Nooooooo! Please devs pick the winner, the forums are way to biased.

Warchanter
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Good luck.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
When does voting end?

Machinima
08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Best idea yet!

Chickdigcookies
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
ooo its now become a popularity contest...gg.

Justg
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
When does voting end?

Voting ends Sunday at Midnight.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Kavanah is winning xD

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
yay kavanah!

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 05:23 PM
tied now with machinima! im bored so im providing commentary while i cook dinner

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh well, I lose :/.

Good luck to those that need it! :D

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 05:28 PM
i lose as well...good luck to all!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Yawn

if only there were a contest on who lasts longer in cod zombies XD

I shall dream on.....not.

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
keep kavana and machinima even! two helms for the win!

kavanah
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM

That'd be tight!

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM

On facebook they said they might pick multiple hats to make!!!

kavanah
08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
On facebook they said they might pick multiple hats to make!!!

Yeah something hinting at that haha. I really wouldn't mind the pl shield though =)

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah something hinting at that haha. I really wouldn't mind the pl shield though =)

Well you most deffinatly deserve it. The only thing I'm afraid of at this point is people going "oh a pretty hat I'll vote for this one." and then that one win. I'd much rather see a hat that could be implemented to the game well like yours win.

Barbamitsos
08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Is the rEal violentsaint behind the mask?

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 06:12 PM
come on people kavanah needs two more votes so its tied again

jonboy
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
What you mean you have run out of Tenacity members already??? j/king :)

Machinima
08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
How about give me the two votes and poll over? Jk Good luck like I said kavanah and Fabz would be the runners up!

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
lol, how bout two more votes each for fabs and kavannah, so we get three new amazing helmets.
*wink* *wink*

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
How about give me the two votes and poll over? Jk Good luck like I said kavanah and Fabz would be the runners up!

Lol, I saw a whole group demanding people to vote for you in towne today xD

birdfacer
08-26-2010, 06:22 PM
aww man you guys serious, how are the unknown people suppose to win? ^^
i was under the impression that the devs would be doing the voting.

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 06:22 PM
:( only two votes and i was really proud of my hat lol. oh well i guess its the pocket legends community thats going to miss out on my awsome hat.

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 06:25 PM
i got no votes at all and i was proud of mine too. but i didnt vote for me.
dont really care if i win, even if my design would be great for bears to wear. lol

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
aww man you guys serious, how are the unknown people suppose to win? ^^
i was under the impression that the devs would be doing the voting.

Ehh I agree but what can we do?

Flamin
08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Ugh... I, I can't decide!

I would like all of them to be implemented in-game! But alas, it cannot happen... *sobs*
Therefore I... I... I must Decide...

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 06:29 PM
the only ppl that are going to win now are the ones in a guild or have a big following. so this has basically become a popularity contest. i like the idea of letting the ppl decide i just wish ppl made decisions on who they like and not on who there friends with.

Royce
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Man the devs are killing me here. They couldn't, as a group, choose 3, so now they want me to choose just 1 from all the awesome entries? :eek: That was really a tough call, they should just make like... all of these :D

Aqualung
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
the only ppl that are going to win now are the ones in a guild or have a big following. so this has basically become a popularity contest. i like the idea of letting the ppl decide i just wish ppl made decisions on who they like and not on who there friends with.

I agree. Basically, anyone that is known and popular among the community and forums, they're going to get voted for. Now, I'm not hating on anyone, or anything like that. But I'm just saying that I agree with those that say that now the people that are getting voted for are the popular ones, while the people that aren't that well known among the community aren't going to get voted for at all. That kind of sucks, I was going to enter too, but seeing that it's all about popularity in the votes, I'm not even going to bother. One of the entries, forgot his name but it starts with an 'N' and ends in 88, his design was awesome. Yet, he didn't even get 1 vote. It's all about popularity nowadays.

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
i like the idea of letting the ppl decide but then again i dont im rlly torn here!

jonboy
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Yes, sadly, it's now popularity and who can market/sell themselves rather then the idea/design. I'm sure the legal speak allows them to change the judging after submission.

Still it's just a comp, I only entered for the joy of competing, with no expectation of anything else.

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't call it a popularity contest. It's more of a "ooh that's a pretty hat, the concept is horrible for the game but I'll vote for it."

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
ya maybe its not that maybe were all just sad that ours arent getting any votes lol.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Don't forget there is still alot of voting time yet.

Royce
08-26-2010, 06:49 PM
It'll be more of a popularity contest at first as the forum regulars vote right away. As time passes, and more casual forum members, and people who heard in game, vote, I think it will be less of one to a degree. But, yeah that's human nature, there was always going to be an element of popularity, the devs were just originally going to narrow it down to 3 for us to vote. Anyway, I did my best to ignore the creators and judge the hats.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Exactly 50 votes!

But does NO one like my design? :(. oh well

jonboy
08-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Royce, been in game yet? I seen cheersquads for some entrants spamming chat demanding people vote for a certain entry.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Royce, been in game yet? I seen cheersquads for some entrants spamming chat demanding people vote for a certain entry.

I know! they said to vote for machinima.

Disqualify or nah?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Can someone please find it in their gentle hearts to vote for me? D:

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Can someone please find it in their gentle hearts to vote for me? D:

Another person bagging for votes. -sigh

Plz plz plpz vote for me. Jk. Jk

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Another person bagging for votes. -sigh

Plz plz plpz vote for me. Jk. Jk

Lol, cuz I'm a newb :p

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I know! they said to vote for machinima.

Disqualify or nah?As much as I hate machinimas entry I say no disqualify. It's not his fault kids love machinima.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
As much as I hate machinimas entry I say no disqualify. It's not his fault kids love machinima.

Allright then.

Nightarcher
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Quick question:

In the weapon contest, the design was for a Khopesh of Anubis, and the Thoth and Isis Khopeshes were also given a similar design. Machinina's Conquerer's Mynas Helm seems to be in the lead, and if that entry wins, will the Mynas Helm of Thoth and Isis also receive the makeover?

Because honestly, who uses a Conquerer's Mynas Helm?

jonboy
08-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe I should go in game and offer 3k each to the tots if they come and vote for me, nothing wrong with that, right :p

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
i think that in the end it may best less of a pop. contest but it will to some degree still be one. i just wish that i had atleast four votes :(

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
no politics allowed! thats cheating.
lol

Rarefew
08-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Lmfao at violentsaints

FluffNStuff
08-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Question for the other Designer's as I am not one to vote for myself (poor self esteem and what not). Please explain how your design allows for the ears to pop out, as that is the most important factor for me.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Why are people voting for Fabs design it looks horrible lol

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Quick question:

In the weapon contest, the design was for a Khopesh of Anubis, and the Thoth and Isis Khopeshes were also given a similar design. Machinina's Conquerer's Mynas Helm seems to be in the lead, and if that entry wins, will the Mynas Helm of Thoth and Isis also receive the makeover?

machininas helm is accualy a conquerer's ursan helm, not a mynas one...

i was thinking the exact same thing, as beautiful as machinina's helmet is, when am i ever going to wear a conquerer's ursan helm? thats noob gear...

jonboy
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Fir mine it they would poke through the folds of clothe :)

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Why are people voting for Fabs design it looks horrible lol

I'm not gonna trash his design or say names, but people ar running through town yelling "vote for fabz hem design in forums" I have been offered 20K to vote for sone people, even when I was leveling my noob some guy messaged me, he said, "do u use forums?" I said yes. He said "you vote for my helm design, I vote for yours?" I said "how do you know I entered?" and he said "fine, I'll pay u" this would've been much easier and better if the devs chose 3 or 5 that could be implemented well and that they liked, and they entered those, and we voted. Now most of the votes are from people persuading others, or buying votes, or asking for votes, and the biggest one, is that people are voting for the drawing, not the design, I never expect/expected to win this, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I know the devs should cancel this voting....Pick 3-5 hats and let us vote on them...pity on them that voted for themselves and are bribing

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Quick question:

machininas helm is accualy a conquerer's ursan helm!!! not a mynas one...

i was thinking the exact same thing, as beautiful as machinina's helmet is, when am i ever going to wear a conquerer's ursan helm? thats noob gear...

for this reason i have voted for fabz mynas helm of isis, i play as a paladin and would much prefer a makeover of the thoth helm, but there is alot higher chance of me wearing an isis helm (because there is lvl 45 isis helms currently in the game) than a conquerors ursan helm (currently in game but is a low lvl noob helm that nobody wears)

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 07:45 PM
K i gotta say this i think the devs had the right ententions in mind when they decided to allow the players to vote and decide but the problem is is ppl going into townes and campaining/bribing to get votes. plus ppl arent making real choices there just voting for their guild members or someone whos well known! Devs had the right ententions but the ppl are making this vote bad not the devs.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:47 PM
The bribing is the worst, I mean come on, what good is a PL shield if you didn't earn it? Huh, idk, but this is horrible.

Here's what I thought in the first place. The devs should look at all the entries, take all the familiar looking helms, and throw em in a pile, and look through to see if the helms were copywrited (if this step is necessary, idk if it would be, since it was in the rules) and then scrap all the copywriter helms, then go look at the other ones, and see which ones could be implemented well, take the ones that will look nice, and have a good design, and can be implemented well and fit the game and push them into voting, that's just my opinion. Either that or pick their top 5 favorite designs and send those out for voting. I just think this way isn't the best way.

Edit:
rnr, you are completely right, but no one can find a way to prevent this other than the devs.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Note: I was j/king when I thought of the idea of buying votes, sad to see it is actually happening.

Royce
08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
for this reason i have voted for fabz mynas helm of isis, i play as a paladin and would much prefer a makeover of the thoth helm, but there is alot higher chance of me wearing an isis helm (because there is lvl 45 isis helms currently in the game) than a conquerors ursan helm (currently in game but is a low lvl noob helm that nobody wears)

But who cares? With the time it will take them to design and add it, AO3 will probably be out, and the hat is destined to be for looks anyway soon enough. Eh, I mean I guess a level 50 helm will still be only 1 armor more, but still I say vote for whichever one looks the coolest. Remember, we're getting quick switch for gear sets soon ;)

kavanah
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I'll be honest I pm'd a few friends asking for their vote... but bribing people. No. Sorry. Just wrong and I'm extremely upset about it. Especially if those who already have a great design feel they have to bribe others to try to out win each other. Someone get some evidence of this please.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I can't believe people are buying votes....so sad...Maybe the devs will disqualify them....hopefully.

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 07:55 PM
see this is the problem with society they just cant make real decisions and stay honest. stop bribing, stop campaining for votes, and stop voting for guild members/and well known's. plz plz make a actual decision for youself and plz be fair and honest. nobody cares if u vote for yourself just be honest and respectfull plz ppl common. lol thats my rant and its done and over.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Buying votes, full scale public lobbying, ahh the "democratic" process at work. Greedy species arnt we?

Edit:Oh and the one vote for me that my protest vote. :)

Prest87
08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
see this is the problem with society they just cant make real decisions and stay honest. stop bribing, stop campaining for votes, and stop voting for guild members/and well known's. plz plz make a actual decision for youself and plz be fair and honest. nobody cares if u vote for yourself just be honest and respectfull plz ppl common. lol thats my rant and its done and over.

I voted for fabz my guild leader because his design is EPIC!!!!!! :)

KingFu
08-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Not just buying, but asking for them, see, the closest thing I did to aking was saying "the helm contest voting is up, I'd appreciate your votes ;)" but I did that to 2 friends, and they knew I was kidding. I think asking for votes, spamming in town, or whatever is desperate (sorry kavanah, I am referring to the people paying for votes, and spamming 'voter for so and so on forums' I don't see why asking friends would be too bad as long as you didn't force them against their will;)) I just think the devs could've predicted this would happen, but either way, kits getting worse and worse, and I don't want a helm implemented into the game because the person had the most friends, or the most gold, or the best way with words to persuade people, it's just not a competition then. :/

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 07:58 PM

But who cares? With the time it will take them to design and add it, AO3 will probably be out, and the hat is destined to be for looks anyway soon enough. Eh, I mean I guess a level 50 helm will still be only 1 armor more, but still I say vote for whichever one looks the coolest. Remember, we're getting quick switch for gear sets soon ;)

i care because if fabz helm of isis wins people will accualy use it because it will have good stats and also looks cool, if machinimas conquerors ursan helmet wins it will just end up a stupid vanity item with terrible stats...

if im going to embarrass myself by walking around with a swan on my characters head, id atleast want decent stats...

Nightarcher
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM

This was my question earlier, but I hope that all the Str helms that look identical to Conquerer's Helm get similar updates. That's what happeed with The Khopesh of Anubis. I say vote for how it looks, not what helm it actually is.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 08:02 PM
i care because if fabz helm of isis wins people win accualy use it because it will have good stats and also looks cool, if machinimas conquerors ursan helmet wins it will just end up a stupid vanity item with terrible stats...

if im going to embariss myself by walking around with a swan on my characters head, id atleast want decent stats..

Stats aren't the half of it, with all due respect V, I have seen you take off that PL shield once and wear a better shield, I realize a PL shield is more special than a new helm design, but people wear town gear too, not caring about the stats since they are in town.

I don't want to trash anyones design, but half of these designs are getting voted for because they are drawn beautifully, but in reality, they won't look good in the game.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 08:03 PM
My helm isn't beautiful lol...it has a good story line though you should read it...its pretty awesome

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Stats aren't the half of it, with all due respect V, I have seen you take off that PL shield once and wear a better shield, I realize a PL shield is more special than a new helm design, but people wear town gear too, not caring about the stats since they are in town.

I don't want to trash anyones design, but half of these designs are getting voted for because they are drawn beautifully, but in reality, they won't look good in the game.

whos point are you trying to prove? your basicly backing up what im trying to say, that looks arnt everything, sometimes people need good stats. sure machinimas helm looks cool, and if it wins i might wear it for a bit.. but ill eventually go back to my ugly thoth helm for better stats.

if fabz helmet wins it will be both stylish and provide good stats, and i will not have to wear my ugly thoth helm anymore...

do u understand what im trying to say...

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Guys I'm playing mafia 2 demo!!!

KingFu
08-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Guys I'm playing mafia 2 demo!!!

Whoopdy stinking doo!

Weiken
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the idea of letting the public vote is kind of stupid. Someone could have 10 friends online and tell them to vote for them or something. The devs should choose the winner, since they ARE technically the ones who will be making the hat.

xBlacklightx
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I think the idea of letting the public vote is kind of stupid. Someone could have 10 friends online and tell them to vote for them or something. The devs should choose the winner, since they ARE technically the ones who will be making the hat.
Agreed

Royce
08-26-2010, 08:31 PM
whos point are you trying to prove? your basicly backing up what im trying to say, that looks arnt everything, sometimes people need good stats. sure machinimas helm looks cool, and if it wins i might wear it for a bit.. but ill eventually go back to my ugly thoth helm for better stats.

if fabz helmet wins it will be both stylish and provide good stats, and i will not have to wear my ugly thoth helm anymore...

do u understand what im trying to say...

See, the thing is you're looking at it as if there are only 2 hats. This thing is far from over, and those leaders could change. Sure, I'm not a fan of the swan either, and I happen to like Fabz's design (though it isn't my favorite overall). I'm just saying vote for one you think is cool looking, not for the stats. I mean, you can do whatever you want of course, I just think this contest is about choosing the coolest concept/design alone.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
That's what the contest is about....Choosing the best design/concept even the devs said that.

Machinima
08-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a suggestion for platnium helms so they more than likely will have no bonus. Also I don't know why some are complaining think about it if it wasn't for the Devs you wouldn't have the opportunity to vote but no they listen and you have a choice! Fabz probally would not have made it in if they set it up for 3 winners.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
You prolly wouldn't make it in if it were set for 3 winners...

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a suggestion for platnium helms so they more than likely will have no bonus. Also I don't know why some are complaining think about it if it wasn't for the Devs you wouldn't have the opportunity to vote but no they listen and you have a choice! Fabz probally would not have made it in if they set it up for 3 winners.

clearly u dont pay attention to pocket legends facebook page, they used fabz helm as the link to the contest...

KingFu
08-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Am I the only one that thinks once the 2 "best drawings" were posted, everyone said, vote for one of those because the drawings are the best? No one if voting for design, and I realize presentation has a lot to do with everything, whether is is food, a movie, or real estate, I think if one person were to draw all these helms, and use the same design so they all looked equal drawing wise, those two wouldn't be in the lead. Right now, it is basically like you only have 2 choices to vote for, Fabz, or Machinima, for two reasons, one, their art looks better than the other helms, and 2, everyone spamming in town "Vote for Machinima" or "Vote for Fabz"

EDIT:
I think it is safe to say few people are satisfied with the way this went, and the way it was taken.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:07 PM
clearly u dont pay attention to pocket legends facebook page, they used fabz helm as the link to the contest...

Vio, the picture changes over and over, it was someone elses last time, I don't recall who, sorry for double posting BTW, please excuse this. ;)

Machinima
08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Fabz stop cheating I know you or someone with you is makeing new accounts and voting! All these new accouts poping up I been watching them I click them it says there viewing poll it goes up by one than that account logs out and a new one is created!

jonboy
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Lol, so sad really.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
This contest is sad and a fail, worst contest ever. I remember when the community wasn't full of cheaters, and beggars, and bribers, and noobs and we could actually hold an honest contest. -sigh, this is really sad, I think everyone but Machinima and Fabz deserve a PL shield for having to sit through this. ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
This contest is sad and a fail, worst contest ever. I remember when the community wasn't full of cheaters, and beggars, and bribers, and noobs and we could actually hold an honest contest. -sigh, this is really sad, I think everyone but Machinima and Fabz deserve a PL shield for having to sit through this. ;)

yes!! this is SO true!

machinima is a cheater, by the way, I'm sending you a particular PM. Read it

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:35 PM
yes!! this is SO true!

machinima is a cheater, by the way, I'm sending you a particular PM. Read it

Yay! I'm special! :p

Furrawn
08-26-2010, 09:35 PM
This is sad.
I logged on to vote and find that people were campaigning to win... And maybe other questionable things...
Yikes... Thought we were above that...

I didn't vote for myself because that felt wrong.
I voted for the hat (other than mine) that I liked best. I saw the poll after I voted.
You're supposed to vote your fav hat design not look at the poll and just vote for who is winning.

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm just happy I got a vote! I need a pl shield. Lol I think devs should chose. Especially because you can vote and see the poll even before you vote. And then you can just vote with who ever is winning

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Greed. Just greed. I'm just happy I got a vote!

jonboy
08-26-2010, 09:39 PM
No ppl arnt above it, but good to see your design is getting some votes.

kavanah
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
You can't even see my helm in the list... the dev's have made it so small =/ So no one will look at the list and see what mine even is.

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 09:43 PM
and mine still has no votes...wow...jk...im sad, now kavanahs is tied for second...

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Kav, does it matter? People just look at who has the most votes, and pick that one, and this contest is easy to break, they need to pick 3 or 5 helms that can be implemented into the game well, and have a nice design to them, throw them into voting, and make the polls invisible, and make it so people can't make multiple accounts, or can't vote for themselves somehow. This is sad, and full of cheaters.

Haikus
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Fabz stop cheating I know you or someone with you is makeing new accounts and voting! All these new accouts poping up I been watching them I click them it says there viewing poll it goes up by one than that account logs out and a new one is created!

first off its popping* try the edit post next time ;) and second u point this out how do we know its not u O.o..this is really sad.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
You know I was really looking forward to this comp, didn't expect to win, even convinced my son to enter, (see if you can guess his entry.) but now it's just a damn shame, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
first off its popping* try the edit post next time ;) and second u point this out how do we know its not u O.o..this is really sad.

Dude this whole contest is BS, Fabz and Mahinima are crying, and bribing for votes, and persuading people, I know I lost some respect for these guys, and this whole thing is ridiculous IMO, I just think the devs need to delete this poll and do it themselves. I am happy I got 2 votes, but my goal is 3! I don't care who gets the PL shield, because whoever does won't deserve it, and will brag about it. This contest was horrible.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
You know I was really looking forward to this comp, didn't expect to win, even convinced my son to enter, (see if you can guess his entry.) but now it's just a damn shame, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Is he twist? lol I guessed it huh?

Please excuse my double post :p

jonboy
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes, you did.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, you did.

BOOM! OWNED! OH YES! WHAT'S MY PRIZE!? :p

Haikus
08-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Dude this whole contest is BS, Fabz and Mahinima are crying, and bribing for votes, and persuading people, I know I lost some respect for these guys, and this whole thing is ridiculous IMO, I just think the devs need to delete this poll and do it themselves. I am happy I got 2 votes, but my goal is 3! I don't care who gets the PL shield, because whoever does won't deserve it, and will brag about it. This contest was horrible.

yes.i agree with that completely and i like ur design and i havent voted yet;)...if u pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars...3 might just happen:D

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Hrmm, let me go through my pinks/purps.

Kurlz
lol...i saw twists and i think i may have peed a lil laughing...figured somebody posted it to be funny cuz of all the amazing art...lol

KingFu
yes.i agree with that completely and i like ur design and i havent voted yet;)...if u pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars...3 might just happen:D

You know me too well :p LMAO

EDIT:
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now ;)

Rnrking
08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
im soooooooo soooooooo soooooo dissapointed with how ppl are acting during this contest. i guess i expected pocket legends ppl to have a little more dignity.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
lol...i saw twists and i think i may have peed a lil laughing...figured somebody posted it to be funny cuz of all the amazing art...lol

BAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE I AM CRYING FROM LAUGHTER NOW!!! :p

kavanah
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Kav, does it matter? People just look at who has the most votes, and pick that one, and this contest is easy to break, they need to pick 3 or 5 helms that can be implemented into the game well, and have a nice design to them, throw them into voting, and make the polls invisible, and make it so people can't make multiple accounts, or can't vote for themselves somehow. This is sad, and full of cheaters.

Yeah I hear you, I wish it would just be pulled altogether, and the dev's would just pick their top 3 favorite and no public voting would be done. Just my opinion. Or maybe Decker would design the top 3 they like and put those up for public vote for the pl shield and all 3 would go in game.

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Is it strange that fabz is gaining votes 1 by 1 but a while ago machima was winning. Hmm

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mystic lookie 3 votes how'd that happen-gasp-

i think u have a secret admirer;)

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:04 PM
He's only just 9, since he was three, he has wanted to be a game designer.

@mystic, you have the 19 conq plat axe?

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
okay, so for the next competition, the devs should choose 5-10 and put them up and set it up so that in order to vote, you have to have been a forum member for at least two weeks, and have posted at least 50-100 posts. that way nobody can just make a bunch of accounts and vote for their own.

whos with me?

KingFu
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, forget you guys, I got 3 votes, yes you heard me, 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the anonymous voter who shall remain nameless ;)

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
okay, so for the next competition, the devs should choose 5-10 and put them up and ste it up so that in order to vote, you have to have been a forum member for at least two weeks, and have posted at least 50-100 posts. that way nobody can just make a bunch of accounts and vote for their own.

whos with me?
I am! It doesn't really matter for me. I only have 1 vote and I just want it to be fair

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:08 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, forget you guys, I got 3 votes, yes you heard me, 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the anonymous voter who shall remain nameless ;)
Well... I have one vote! You have heard the boys like girls song right?
1, is better then 3,
Best song ever

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
He's only just 9, since he was three, he has wanted to be a game designer.

@mystic, you have the 19 conq plat axe?

i see. well tell twist i said good luck. i used to want to do that as well, but now ive veered more towards photography.
decided game design would require too much math, what with the formulas used depending on what systems you use.

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
hmmmmm....i wonder who that could be-thinks hard-got it.....U U U WANTED TO WIN SO BAD U CREATED ANOTHER ACCOUNT AND VOTED FOR URSELF...or how many ppl did u bribe O.o

do tell do tell!!!!!;)

KingFu
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
@Jon no I don't sorry, best of luck for your sons goals in life :)

@Kurlz I too take a little interest into Photography

@Haikus, uhm.....Fabz asked his friends to vote for him most likely, and they spammed in town "vote for Fabz"

Machimina, you're in second, you may wanna create 3 more accounts so you can be in the lead ;)

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I know how to get votes! Go in towne and say I will pay you 1k if you vote for my hat. People vote. U pay money. Lol. I would never do that! I have 1 vote! If I get 2 I think I'm blessed

KingFu
08-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I know how to get votes! Go in towne and say I will pay you 1k if you vote for my hat. People vote. U pay money. Lol. I would never do that! I have 1 vote! If I get 2 I think I'm blessed

I will vote for you! hehe

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I AM blessed! I might actually stop crying if I get 3! Lol jk. I'll just become a god

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:17 PM
hahahaha dude i was kidding thats y i said that and winkie face:D u know the 'coolest' person u know gave u that vote;)

KingFu
I AM blessed! I might actually stop crying if I get 3! Lol jk. I'll just become a god

Hehe.............

EDIT:
@Haikus you confuse me so much!

Violentsaint
hmmm i accualy liked awsmgoats helm the most, but because i could view the poll results before i even voted i saw that machinima was winning and i hate his helm so i voted for fabz because his helm only needed a few more votes to beat machinimas helm..

Machinimas looks like it belongs in WoW with a little girl wearing it. :p

rofl funny quote from another thread XD

Kurlz
ok, i just thought of something that would be hilarious, (like even funnier than machinimas lvl 45 with no kills or deaths)....if the devs were to choose and make the ones with the least amt of votes...id piss my pants laughing...

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Mystic, then that is your prize, if you want it.
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/998582ad.jpg

KingFu
08-26-2010, 10:20 PM
ok, i just thought of something that would be hilarious, (like even funnier than machinimas lvl 45 with no kills or deaths)....if the devs were to choose and make the ones with the least amt of votes...id piss my pants laughing...

No!!!!!!!! Make me 0! NOW! IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR ME! (I admit, I had 2 accounts, so 1 vote went to Buddy, another to me, I thought I would get 0 unless I did so, hehe.

Haikus

hahahahahah...NOT..i dont find that funny...someone just wants to win;)..and how is having no deaths and kills funny ive been made sukiah a lvl 45 with no kills or deaths and i dont find it funnyO.o

Buddyf97
I want the bullfrog helmet made by beester. I would love that

KingFu
Mystic, then that is your prize, if you want it.
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/998582ad.jpg

:O Yes I certainly do! Hehe! THANKSYA!

Violentsaint
08-26-2010, 10:21 PM
oh wow i just checked the results and i have two votes, i posted my mask as a joke rofl... i made it when i was 12! XD

thanks anyway guys, seeing that made my day ^-^

Buddyf97
No!!!!!!!! Make me 0! NOW! IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR ME! (I admit, I had 2 accounts, so 1 vote went to Buddy, another to me, I thought I would get 0 unless I did so, hehe.
hehe u made me feel blessed

KingFu
hahahahahah...NOT..i dont find that funny...someone just wants to win;)..and how is having no deaths and kills funny ive been made sukiah a lvl 45 with no kills or deaths and i dont find it funnyO.o

What was funny was when I kited Dead eyes, and the D'Jinns to try to have you die when leveling that character. Bhahahahahaha

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:23 PM
No prob, I know you collect. I'm in game in 5 mins if you want it.

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
hahahahahahaha now that was funny...i darted out that dungeon so fast u had no trace i was there...and one thing that was messed up was when pheonixmage died but no death went upO.o

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
oh wow i just checked the results and i have two votes, i posted my mask as a joke rofl... i made it when i was 12! XD

thanks anyway guys, seeing that made my day ^-^

Hey! Mine wasn't up as a joke and you are beating me. I mmmightt cccrry!!!!! :....(

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
somebodies a sore loser.....
:D

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:27 PM
No... I am not a loser! I am a tie-er we tied so... Ha!

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
hahahahaahaha i didnt even look at poll results i just went off of what u said:Dso...HA!

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 10:30 PM

i find it funny because machinima hasnt really been here that long (that i know of) and managed to do that...especialy when most ppl will boot someone who does nothing...

Interim7
08-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Woo! There's one person out there who liked my low-detail cartoon work. Cheers, person!

Furrawn
08-26-2010, 10:31 PM

Jon- I thought Twist's design was adorable. I took a screenshot the other day because it was so cute!

Kurlz- I'm very into photography, too! :)

I can't believe even in this thread people are begging for votes. I didn't ask a single person, friend, or kangaroo to vote for me! I don't even know the person I voted for- I've never seen a post by him/her but liked the design best.

The devs tried to do a great thing by letting us all vote so let's make them proud...

Gee. Maybe a few folks should read All I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum...

Most of what I really need to know about how to live, and what to do, and how to be, I learned in Kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandbox at nursery school. These are the things I learned: Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Clean up your own mess. Don't take things that aren't yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you. Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work some every day.

Haikus
08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
okkkk...?i made sukiah b4 he made machinama and even tho ive been around since the first week of release..i joined randoms games and didnt get booted O.o..the key is walk and dont talk so they think ur working.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Word, Furrawn.

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:36 PM
I think you can't make a new account. I tried to make one so I can see how long it takes and then I could time the time between votes but when I log out it only clears my cookies. Now I want a cookie. Lol

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Woo! There's one person out there who liked my low-detail cartoon work. Cheers, person!

lol. i liked it too, i just voted for a better one...who happens to be down a bit with only 4 votes now

KingFu
Jon, is your IGN Jonboy?

@HAIKUS HAHAHHAHHA That was so awesome!

Random funny thing:
Someone in Glumdoll just said
"SOMEONE DIAL 911. THE FAT GUY ATE TOO MANY DONUTS AND HAS HEARTBURN!

Nightarcher
I think they should have done the poll like this:

1. Put up all the pictures of the hat designs, label them with a number.

2. Vote for whichever design you like best; maker and results hidden.

3. Make a seperate poll for which actual hat in game you want the design to be applied to.

jonboy
08-26-2010, 10:40 PM
@mystic, no it's "Bogan" jonboy was taken, even thoughj I have never seen a player with that name. :(

Buddyf97
08-26-2010, 10:40 PM
I think they should have done the poll like this:

1. Put up all the pictures of the hat designs, label them with a number.

2. Vote for whichever design you like best; maker and results hidden.

3. Make a seperate poll for which actual hat in game you want the design to be applied to.

Agreed
Blahblahblah

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I think you can't make a new account. I tried to make one so I can see how long it takes and then I could time the time between votes but when I log out it only clears my cookies. Now I want a cookie. Lol

you can make new accounts. ive done it a ton of times on other sites...always cuz i forgot my password too...lol

Hotndots
08-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Devs should have stuck to choosing the top 3 :/

RedRyder
08-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Omg im gonna lose AGAIN! This is definitely more of a popularity contest than anything else. Devs shoulda def. Picked the top 3...... Urgh -_- vote for my helm!! Enchantresses need exclusive cool hats :'( archers and warriors needa stop getting all the cool looking stuff

TwinkTastical
08-26-2010, 11:15 PM
yeah.. tbh its populairity... i mean.. people can buy votes.. -.-

KingFu
08-26-2010, 11:19 PM
It's not even popularity, it's who can convince and buy people to vote for them!

Cascade
08-26-2010, 11:23 PM
The devs better cancel the poll...should we pm them and tell them all the problems with this poll?

Raxie
08-26-2010, 11:41 PM
hehe go fabz. i voted for you.

KingFu
08-26-2010, 11:45 PM
hehe go fabz. i voted for you.

How much did he pay you?;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
devs: This is EXACTLY why YOU guys should vote for the top 3.

none of us can be trusted in a poll ;).

Kurlz
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
The devs better cancel the poll...should we pm them and tell them all the problems with this poll?

im sure they already know, as they probably are keeping an eye on the results

TwinkTastical
08-27-2010, 12:24 AM
yeah... Certain People "VOTE FOR ME HELMZ PLAWX!

Machinima
08-27-2010, 01:16 AM
I was just thinking if me and fabz had were on the same team we would hv like 30+ votes with 2nd with like 4 votes.

Haikus
08-27-2010, 01:19 AM
wow...u have 18 votes now...more than fabz...wonder how that happened ..and u just got back on...14 before u left...idk how that happened but ill wonder upon this upbringing:D

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Imagine if everyone voted for themselves..lmao.

Nightarcher
08-27-2010, 01:22 AM
And for the record, I do like Machinima's design the best out of the limited choices. Now the swan just needs to be made into a scorpion's tail...

Kurlz
08-27-2010, 01:29 AM
And for the record, I do like Machinima's design the best out of the limited choices. Now the swan just needs to be made into a scorpion's tail...

that would actually be great. change the swan head to a scorpian tail, and change the swan wings to...scorpion pinchers? lol...i like...now, machinima, would you agree with the devs doing that? cus i think that would make ur design a bit better. lol

Furrawn
08-27-2010, 01:34 AM
that would actually be great. change the swan head to a scorpian tail, and change the swan wings to...scorpion pinchers? lol...i like...now, machinima, would you agree with the devs doing that? cus i think that would make ur design a bit better. lol

OMG. You want the swan to be a scorpion? Then vote for one of the scorpion hats rather than a swan hat you want to be a scorpion:(

Violentsaint
08-27-2010, 01:51 AM
OMG. You want the swan to be a scorpion? Then vote for one of the scorpion hats rather than a swan hat you want to be a scorpion:(

rofl furrawn has got a good point..haha

wow 18 votes each...

its like beauty and the beast, machinimas helm looks beutiful, and fabz helm looks beast... enough said...

Kurlz
08-27-2010, 01:54 AM

im just agreeing with someone elses point, i didnt vote for either of the ones in the lead, i voted for kavannahs because i really want a headdress on my warrior

Furrawn
08-27-2010, 02:06 AM
im just agreeing with someone elses point, i didnt vote for either of the ones in the lead, i voted for kavannahs because i really want a headdress on my warrior

My post was supposed to include nightarcher's post when I hit "reply with quote" to your post... It didn't work though... I still don't know how to get multiple quotes to show up in my reply...

Kurlz
08-27-2010, 02:14 AM
My post was supposed to include nightarcher's post when I hit "reply with quote" to your post... It didn't work though... I still don't know how to get multiple quotes to show up in my reply...

its alright, i have not the slightest clue how to do that either...somebody explain how?

jonboy
08-27-2010, 02:21 AM
open the reply with quote link in a new tab or window, that is your working post, you then need to individually click the reply to thread post from each person you want to quote and copy and past that quoted text in the post you are making in the new tab or window, like this:

its alright, i have not the slightest clue how to do that either...somebody explain how?

also please note my new sig piccie :)

Furrawn
08-27-2010, 03:03 AM
open the reply with quote link in a new tab or window, that is your working post, you then need to individually click the reply to thread post from each person you want to quote and copy and past that quoted text in the post you are making in the new tab or window, like this:

Yay! Thanks you, Jon! I did it! My first successful double quote!

nattissen_88
08-27-2010, 03:24 AM
I agree. Basically, anyone that is known and popular among the community and forums, they're going to get voted for. Now, I'm not hating on anyone, or anything like that. But I'm just saying that I agree with those that say that now the people that are getting voted for are the popular ones, while the people that aren't that well known among the community aren't going to get voted for at all. That kind of sucks, I was going to enter too, but seeing that it's all about popularity in the votes, I'm not even going to bother. One of the entries, forgot his name but it starts with an 'N' and ends in 88, his design was awesome. Yet, he didn't even get 1 vote. It's all about popularity nowadays.

I agree whit you 2 and thanks :) I worked really hard on my designe :) And I'm a she ;)

Fabz
08-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Lol, I have been away (mostly sleeping) for the last 10,5 hours.

When I left I had 4 votes, now I have 19!?

So many false rumours thats its crazy lol. How could I be bribing people when I have been asleep? Through my dreams or what?

If the devs want me to change anything on the helm to make it fit better in game I would be more than happy to do that.

Lol, sorry for this essay but not easy to wake up and realize I'm getting accused for alot of things and I needed to clear my head.

Good luck and hopefully the winner is the right one!

jonboy
08-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Fabz if you do some investigating you'll see the real problems are not quite on your side on the fence totally so to speak.

Machinima
08-27-2010, 07:17 AM
I agree whit you 2 and thanks :) I worked really hard on my designe :) And I'm a she ;)

Same......

Tailless
08-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Remember, we'll make it look great so pick what you think the overall best concept is!

So for those who voted for Machinima and then said to change the swan to a Scorpion then you should have voted for someone who made a hat with a scorpion on it. Like the klemen_scorpion one which to me looks a whole lot like the one that Machinima submitted only Machinima is drawn better and with a swan on top(what the hell does a Swan have to do with Conquerors Ursan Helm or anything else in the game).
Personally I liked the concept of the bear headdress from Kavanah so that's what I voted for even though I don't know who Kavanah is and that 2 others were way ahead.

Klemen
08-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Hehe i have 2 votes!! Lol

Wyvern
08-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Hope I pick up a few votes lol

Violentsaint
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Yer I'm kinda disappointed that machinima is in the lead... His his either rude or has a bad sence of humor but I don't like being in the same party as him ingame... And the fact that he can't take full credit for his helm because it was a machinima effort from multiple people... It surprises me that his submission even counts. Plus his helm doesn't even have a backstory.... Plus I donno were he got the idea of a swan from... Obviously been watching to many Disney films... Plus when i picture a conquerors ursan helm his helm is the last thing I would picture....

Chickdigcookies
08-27-2010, 10:34 AM
el oh el...

reason why machinima can and hopefully will win:

His design is in fact a design, while kavanah(sp) is more of a fan drawing(not to be rude).
He kept it simple, yet aesthetic.

(:

Nightarcher
08-27-2010, 10:38 AM
If you look at my post, you'll see that I think Machinima's design is the best out of the limited choices. I tried to think, "What would actually look good in the game?" I think the swan>scorpion thing would make it better, but that wasn't the main thing I was looking for.

In my opinion, Mage hats need an update sooo much more than any archer or warrior helm. They're just a stupid hood! Too bad almost everybody did warrior/archer designs. >_<

Violentsaint
08-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Hmmm I'm just saying if mrsbanna ran at me in a pvp gave wearing a swan helmet even I would laugh....

FluffNStuff
08-27-2010, 10:45 AM
If they just call Machinimas a Mynas Helm it would make sense, since a Myna is a bird. But either way, where are the ears?

Machinima
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Yer I'm kinda disappointed that machinima is in the lead... His his either rude or has a bad sence of humor but I don't like being in the same party as him ingame... And the fact that he can't take full credit for his helm because it was a machinima effort from multiple people... It surprises me that his submission even counts. Plus his helm doesn't even have a backstory.... Plus I donno were he got the idea of a swan from... Obviously been watching to many Disney films... Plus when i picture a conquerors ursan helm his helm is the last thing I would picture....
I don't care about a opinion of a person that entered and only has two votes I care about voters notice I'm leading the poll ATM I'm pretty sure your going to see alot of people with my helm killing you in Pvp like Thelonearcher.

smokester
08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't care about a opinion of a person that entered and only has two votes I care about voters notice I'm leading the poll ATM I'm pretty sure your going to see alot of people with my helm killing you in Pvp like Thelonearcher.

i just wanted to say that a lvl45 with 0 kills and 0 deaths has not credibility whatsoever period whatevery you say has no meaning to me lol... from that said devs if this guys wins the contest i refuse i repeat i refuse to wear this helm even if its pink i will liquidate it... and if the helm was done by multiple ppl thats just not fair i mean think about all the other ppl who spent time ON THEIR OWN INDIVIDUALLY to create their entry i just think it just would not be just

or i say throw the contest out the window and start over

Warchanter
08-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Yer I'm kinda disappointed that machinima is in the lead... His his either rude or has a bad sence of humor but I don't like being in the same party as him ingame... And the fact that he can't take full credit for his helm because it was a machinima effort from multiple people... It surprises me that his submission even counts. Plus his helm doesn't even have a backstory.... Plus I donno were he got the idea of a swan from... Obviously been watching to many Disney films... Plus when i picture a conquerors ursan helm his helm is the last thing I would picture.....
My drawing has a bird and I didn't get it from a Disney film. It's called egytian history. That's what this contest is based on egytian background. Please think before you write something so dumb.

Warchanter
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow there is already 115 votes in this competition and the design a weapon contest had 115 total votes. Looks Like pockets legends community is growing.

smokester
08-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Wow there is already 115 votes in this competition and the design a weapon contest had 115 total votes. Looks Like pockets legends community is growing.

no there is a big conspiracy going on... this contest is flawed

Justg
08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
I understand there is a lot of controversy going on right now. The last time we ran a contest, we chose the top three. There was a lot of community outrage that we did not pick the right three. This time we are letting the community decide over all of them. There are accusations of cheating, rigging votes, etc.

We think these accusations would still exist regardless of whether we chose the finalists or if you did.

But, in reviewing the rules, we have decided to disqualify Machinima because of this violation:

6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; BY POSTING IN THE THREAD BELOW, SUBMITTER AGREES TO BE FULLY BOUND BY
THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Conqueror's Ursan Helmet
I can't take full credit for this because other members of machinima helped make this so this is a machinima contribute there for representing are selves as one person.

I know this is disappointing to Machinma. We respect and like you, but you are not allowed to participate in this contest.

*edit* if you don't want us to build your entry we will respect your wishes.

- g

Chickdigcookies
08-27-2010, 02:04 PM
oh no, hells gonna brake loose...

shouldnt honesty count? what if hed never mentioned someone helped him "shade" it in?

so weve come to the conclusion that if we cry enough about something, you guys, the devs, will respond? seriously?
you guys need to draw a line, friends and developers arent a good combination, cause we have players like Thelonearcher doing as he pleases, saying hes BFFs with all the devs and that he knew AO1 was coming out before anyone else.

I understand youre trying to get to know us, why wouldn't you, we bought a product from you guys, but there is a certain line that shouldnt be crossed...

Also the minute you let us pick the winner, it became a popularity contest. People campaigning for votes like if its some kind of presidential election. People buying votes like only a crooked politician can...the notion of the contest has been lost...

blah.

Justg
08-27-2010, 02:53 PM
It is very sad... last time folks said things were unfair because we picked the winner. This time people say it is unfair because we let you guys pick the winner.

Grow up, stop whining, stop flaming, and act like the responsible community we expect you to be.

Anyone else who flames will earn themselves a timeout.

And Chicksdigcookies, you are out of line. We are here because we LIKE to be here. We like having our hand on the pulse of the community, and we think it makes a better game. Lone is not bff's with us, you should recognize idle boasts for what they are.

What a fun contest this turned out to be!

Chickdigcookies
08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
It is very sad... last time folks said things were unfair because we picked the winner. This time people say it is unfair because we let you guys pick the winner.

Grow up, stop whining, stop flaming, and act like the responsible community we expect you to be.

And Chicksdigcookies, you are out of line. We are here because we LIKE to be here. We like having our hand on the pulse of the community, and we think it makes a better game. Lone is not bff's with us, you should recognize idle boasts for what they are.

i was, but the moment took me, still doesnt justify me...i think im done with forums for a while. too much drama...

grats to who ever wins...

Auction
08-27-2010, 03:39 PM
(Forum Closed for maintenance)

Warchanter
08-27-2010, 03:40 PM
This is sad G.... I believe art is a gift along with creativity and the idea alone to make up something that came from your own thoughts. Everyone who entered tried and that effort alone is great. There is no need to bash people and say there design is copying off others. Its amazing that you give people the chance to do something good and its all turned around. You can't please everyone G. There will always be a complaint no matter what. It should of been a fun contest, i'm still happy to be apart of it. I'll be happy to draw for others. If there are any other contests in the future. Hopefully this one didn't ruin it.

Goodluck to all.

Rnrking
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
g dont blame urself and tell the other devs and admn's that too cuz its not ur guys fault. And just to let u know i had fun making my helm.

Raxie
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
guys, then what do you want the devs to do? obviously fabz one looks the coolest so no matter how many times one person votes for himself by making different accounts, it still won't be as much as the community voting for fabz. no matter how many friends one has, that is irrelevant. violent is my friend and did i vote for him? no, i didn't because i bet fabz has contributed a lot of his time and effort to make the helm. he fully deserves the pl shield and i really hope he gets it. to other people complaining: vote for who you think has the best hat design. it doesn't matter if one has heaps of friends and their hat looks crap. does it matter? no, it doesn't. proof? fabz is winning. i don't know if he has lots of friends or not but clearly his hat beats every other hat design. AND THAT IS WHY HE IS WINNING IN THE POLLS!

Furrawn
08-27-2010, 04:46 PM

JustG-
We deserved this post completely.
Except it should have probably been all caps because you were yelling at us. Except you weren't. You were just really sad...I hope you'll have another contest at some point. Maybe post a forum thread and let folks post ideas for how to do the contest. Next time, if you let the community help come up with the contest guidelines, nobody can blame the devs. Despite all the contest chaos, the new hat designs will look rad and awesome in game... Everyone will be delighted with the new hats, maybe you could even make a few limited editions and sell them for plat (good idea, right? :))and we'll all be happy. Sorry that you tried to do something nice for us and we messed it up... But very glad that you still like us and consider us the pulse of the community:D

P.S. I think all the begging and campaigning in threads and chat boxes was just as bad as in game. How is that fair or based on who has the best design? I voted for my fav who was an unknown but only because my first choice designer hit the chat box over and over asking for votes. If we needed to campaign then make it part of the contest. All of you who begged for votes made it unfair for those of us who didn't. We ought to treat each other better than that. Never throw your friend under the bus for a PL shield! Yes, the shields are great! But, come on... Just let the best design win.

P.S.S. Fabz- your design is wonderful and I'm sure it's in the lead fairly... It looks like a professional dreamed it up...

vulgarstrike
08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm scared...

Kurlz
08-27-2010, 05:56 PM
im just happy that my choice is in second now. but i still have no votes :'( lol

Violentsaint
08-27-2010, 06:35 PM
I think the developers should start working on fabz helm now, its very detailed and it will take a Long time to make so why not start now.

Good luck to all the people competing for second place :)

Nugget
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
i think its dumb we are voting even. awsmgoats helm is the best version of the lvl 45 str helm (mynas) it matches the mynas plate... and the lvl 45 shield. none of the others match.
Like... why is the mynas helmet red? seriously

Should make the sets actually match or something..

Violentsaint
08-27-2010, 08:46 PM
i like goats helm also, shame he didnt get more votes :(

Klemen
08-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to get a christmas hat :( lol

Thelonearcher
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Everyone who votted machinima should be able to re vote

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Everyone who votted machinima should be able to re vote

Does that mean you voted for machinima? SHAME ON YOU!!!

Buddyf97
08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
I am good friends with fabz. He has not been making new accounts. I was private messaging him trying to get the truth. This is what I got as a response.

Lol dude, I just woke up. I have been sleeping for 10 hours or more, Im not feeling well lol, Im ill. So my answer is no i havent made any false accounts lol, thats total bull****.
I had 4 votes when I left, now 19

Spacetimestudios also should have the I.P. Address of voters so that could easily make or break someone. If they are getting so specific say that machima team worked together on a hat with an account name machima they would have checked the ip. Fabz is winning fair and square. End of conversation

TwinkTastical
08-27-2010, 11:17 PM

What if... You guys could like.... Really touch the pulses of the community, like.. reach your hands out of screens and feel their pulses....

Edit: That was random...

kavanah
08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I know it may be asking a lot JustG, but any way we could get our designs a little bigger, mine just gets sized down so small you can't see any detail or even make out what it is.

Machinima
08-28-2010, 12:00 AM
o.O Mr.SandMan Bring me a treat made from natural herbs that will make me sing o.O Mr.SandMan sweep me away take me to outerspace and put me asleep. Fail=win+fail=Someone quoting this.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Randomized post!

kavanah
08-28-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm not saying fabz didn't design and draw his, but i can't help but think his is taken from online somewhere. Will devs make his show some sort of proof he did this? With most entries they fit the description or at least fit pocket legends. I promise this isn't a flame but ever since I saw that post of his design I couldn't help bit wonder if someone could easily get away with using someone elses work.

KingFu
08-28-2010, 01:04 AM
OK. Who voted for "disqualified"?

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 01:31 AM

lmao...thats hilarious!

Violentsaint
08-28-2010, 06:47 AM
I'm not saying fabz didn't design and draw his, but i can't help but think his is taken from online somewhere. Will devs make his show some sort of proof he did this? With most entries they fit the description or at least fit pocket legends. I promise this isn't a flame but ever since I saw that post of his design I couldn't help bit wonder if someone could easily get away with using someone elses work.

accualy fabz backstory and inspirations for the helm show in the design so i think he did draw it but thats just my oppinion.

and i agree they should make the size of ur design bigger kavanah, but on the bright side, your coming second now! =D

jonboy
08-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Agree with VS

DawnInfinity
08-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Me.....

just kidding. :P

kavanah
08-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Yeah. I think fabz is helm looks bad a, and I'll rock it if it wins, but if I jnew the community wanted yet another plate helm, i would of drawn a pretty sick Spartan helm. Next time ill know people want what looks most real.

Hotndots
08-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I thought my tiara design was pretty cool btw :/ lol

To the devs, i read on a different post about tin foil vanity hats to protect us from mind control. Can you do that? Lol

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah. I think fabz is helm looks bad a, and I'll rock it if it wins, but if I jnew the community wanted yet another plate helm, i would of drawn a pretty sick Spartan helm. Next time ill know people want what looks most real.

fabz design is pretty cool, but i still wish yours was winning, or at least tied with it...i really want a warrior headdress...oh well though, i guess theres always next time...or maybe the urs will be one that the devs keep in mind for later...

Krome
08-28-2010, 10:33 AM
ooo its now become a popularity contest...gg.

indeed.

/10 Chars

bmc85uk
08-28-2010, 10:36 AM
I do like Fabz's helm, it seems like a genuine effort, if people don't believe it is then maybe Fabz would be kind enough to draw the helm from a different angle and post a pic.

I do love kavanah's headdress though, I'd love to see it implemented as well.

And as for this being a popularity contest, well sure, it's a contest for the most popular design, there's no doubt in my mind that the two best designs are winning for good reason.

I actually don't see eye to eye with Fabz on certain issues within the game, so my vote isn't anything to do with my preference to the entrants, there are people who made entries that I get along with more than Fabz, but there's no denying he drew one sexy looking piece of gear.

kavanah
08-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey I'm only 12 down, you never know, maybe you will be running around with a headress =)

bmc85uk
08-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe so eh? Either way were set to get a cool new helmet, or ideally two :)

Zallian
08-28-2010, 04:06 PM
There is alot of realy nice helms posted here that are not getting any votes simply because they are not drawn as well. So much for concept.

Ibmk
08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I am the worlds greatest.

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey I'm only 12 down, you never know, maybe you will be running around with a headress =)

make that....4 down! im really hopin that the devs decide to make the top two, i really like fabz color choices.

random suggestion for the devs: i know it may be a bit difficult to do, but i would totaly love it if eventualy we could choose the colors and hair style/length/color and whatnot for our characters, like say be able to choose to have long hair or short hair, and different styles (such as straight, curly, dreads...stuff like that). please consider it. im not going to try to convince you to do it immedately, it can defenately wait at least untill after ao3, but if you do add it, i would appreciate it very much. also, sorry if this has already been suggested, as i didnt check beforehand

Violentsaint
08-28-2010, 07:41 PM
wait what!!!! last night kavanah had 12 votes and i wake up thismorning and now he has 32?!?!

this poll is rigged yo... (no offence kavanah, id love your helm to be put ingame) i just think its a bit suspicious thart u got like 20 votes overnight..

i agree with kurlz, my girlfriend started playing and the first thing she said is she wanted to change her enchantresses hair color to blonde. and i said you cant do that...

kavanah
08-28-2010, 08:10 PM
wait what!!!! last night kavanah had 12 votes and i wake up thismorning and now he has 32?!?!

this poll is rigged yo... (no offence kavanah, id love your helm to be put ingame) i just think its a bit suspicious thart u got like 20 votes overnight..

i agree with kurlz, my girlfriend started playing and the first thing she said is she wanted to change her enchantresses hair color to blonde. and i said you cant do that...

Probably has to do with Mach being dq'd?

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 08:17 PM

lucky...i cant get my girlfriend to play...
i want dreads on my warrior...or long curly hair to match my own (even tho it annoys me)...lol
and im thinkin the same thing as kavannah, probly has to do with machinimas disqualification...

oh, and i really want more things that affect the face, like the warlord armor used to do...lol

FluffNStuff
08-28-2010, 09:45 PM
It makes sense. If I was in Machinama's corner, I would want to throw support behind whoever they think could beat Fabz.

Cascade
08-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I am a little suspicious that suddenly Kav got 30 votes overnight...Kinda odd....no offence Kav

jonboy
08-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I suspect that those that voted for the disqualifed entry, were allowed to recast their votes.

kavanah
08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I am a little suspicious that suddenly Kav got 30 votes overnight...Kinda odd....no offence Kav

None taken lol. You can't vote from multiple accounts though.

KingFu
08-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Now kavanah has 42? Dude, I'm not saying Kava cheated, but this contest has atleast one entry that cheated. No doubt.

kavanah
08-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Now kavanah has 42? Dude, I'm not saying Kava cheated, but this contest has atleast one entry that cheated. No doubt.

How would I cheat lol? I've been online most the day talking to people.

jonboy
08-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Guys, let's be careful about what we imply, personally considering Kavanah's RL role, I'd consider it pretty unlikely.

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 10:49 PM

yea...somebody definately cheated *cough*jonboy*cough* lol
jk
Kavas RL role?

jonboy
08-28-2010, 10:54 PM
But I'm innocent, your honour, they were after my lucky charms.

How did you find out about my secret bot, that every time someone votes for me, it instantly hacks the STS forum db and deletes the record. ;)

I believe Kav, in RL is a Pastor.

FluffNStuff
08-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Kavanah's helm is pretty awesome, but like I said I am not surprised at all at his quick shoot up. There seemed to be something going between the camps of Machinima and Fabz, and now that Machinima is out, anyone who would vote for him would most likely now vote to see Fabz not win. There is nothing cheating or improper about it. It's just Chicago politics as usual, just as we have been seeing this whole contest.

Cascade
08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah he's a student pastor.

Kurlz
08-28-2010, 11:01 PM
But I'm innocent, your honour, they were after my lucky charms.

How did you find out about my secret bot, that every time someone votes for me, it instantly hacks the STS forum db and deletes the record. ;)

I believe Kav, in RL is a Pastor.

u sent me the schematics for the bot on accident...sorry...

i see...thats cool

jonboy
08-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Chicago politics, lol

u sent me the schematics for the bot on accident...sorry...

Stupid facebook privacy settings.

Cascade
08-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Just to let people know what the current standings are...-

kavanah- Currently running in first place.

fabz- Currently running in second place.

Andromedae and Araziza- Tied for third place.