PDA

View Full Version : Player Questions - Arena KDR and Mage Hair

Samhayne
07-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone,

I was going through my private message in box this morning and there were a few common things being asked, so I thought, "If one guy is asking, maybe someone else out there has the same question, but didn't take the time to ask it." So, rather than just reply to the PM, I thought I'd share here on the forums for all to see and comment.

Question:I want to ask why arena KDR can't be altered to another character? It's like stuff for which I worked hard. The support team said no, but I want to know the reason. Also same questions about vanities, why they can't be altered also? Or merged to my another account for example? It's same to arena kills, I grinded for it, I spent money and time.

Samhayne Replies: We try to not alter things in the game, as a one off basis, to preserve the integrity of the game. If we were resetting peoples stats, or moving their vanities, then we would need to offer that to everyone - which isn't something we are prepared to do, nor staffed to do.

Question: On Mages the Viking helm and Nightmare helms, it's kinda looks disgusting because there is no hair.

Samhayne Replies: If the mage's hair is occluded, so are their ears. When the hair is turned on, people complain that their ears stick out. If it's off, they complain that there is no hair. I guess we can't win... I will pass the feedback along to the art team to see if there is anything that can be done.

If you have other questions, well post them for others to answer - or you can always send me a Private Message (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=9):

Phoenixking
07-24-2012, 10:24 AM
But can't you make it different on the Viking and nightmare helm, when a toon has the beret vanity on the head isn't Viking or Regular hair, instead it's almost like the regular hair but the hair by the cheeks are gone, it's different then the others, can't you do a different one for Viking?

Samhayne
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
But can't you make it different on the Viking and nightmare helm, when a toon has the beret vanity on the head isn't Viking or Regular hair, instead it's almost like the regular hair but the hair by the cheeks are gone, it's different then the others, can't you do a different one for Viking?

Maybe :) Like much in life, there are no guarantees.

WoundedEagle
07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
In response to the second Question/Answer:

Whilst wearing the Viking Helm, the Hair and Ears should be enabled. I'd rather have ears barely showing than to look bald. The Nightmare helm is fine showing hair. Although, what ghost has hair? I think the Nightmare Helm looked fine without hair.

Buddyf97
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
About the Arena stats, I don't think you should be able to switch over stats, but a combined account stat area would be great! So all your character's stats are added together!

ImHawk
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks Sam for taking the time aand explaining:)

Kaytar
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Just leave the ears and let them complain. I like the ears.

Thegreenduck
07-24-2012, 03:17 PM
The fun thing is, if you choose the "tattoo face" on a mage and wearing the vyxnaar helmet, then instead of just the face that will be tattoo, its the whole head that will gain a tattoo style...
But honestly, id prefer the old styles with hair showing!

Worship
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Question: On Mages the Viking helm and Nightmare helms, it's kinda looks disgusting because there is no hair.

Samhayne Replies: If the mage's hair is occluded, so are their ears. When the hair is turned on, people complain that their ears stick out. If it's off, they complain that there is no hair. I guess we can't win... I will pass the feedback along to the art team to see if there is anything that can be done. Private Message (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=9):

Maybe let the ears stick out and have a little bit of hair stick out the sides and back ;)

saool
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM
In response to the second Question/Answer:

Whilst wearing the Viking Helm, the Hair and Ears should be enabled. I'd rather have ears barely showing than to look bald. The Nightmare helm is fine showing hair. Although, what ghost has hair? I think the Nightmare Helm looked fine without hair.

^^ this

FluffNStuff
07-24-2012, 03:23 PM
OMG, you eliminated the ear holes??? SO. NOT. COOL.

WoundedEagle
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
omg, you eliminated the ear holes??? So. Not. Cool.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! xD

saool
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! xD

WHAT?!

ImHawk
07-24-2012, 06:28 PM

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! xD

WHAT?!

Hmm...
DA HECK DIDYA SAY?

JaytB
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
What about the elite faces?

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/696dc704.jpg

Can't say that I don't like the hair looking like some kind of batman'ish sunglasses though :D

thedream
07-24-2012, 06:41 PM
The hair should be removed from the nightmare helm.

FluffNStuff
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! xD

About nine thirty!

vampinoy
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
1st Question: 100% Agree with Samhayne's answer.

2nd Question: Why not make it optional? I think the idea should be to let us customize our looks as freely as possible. You're right, it's a no win situation if you solve the issue for us, but if you let us solve the issue on our own...I think you'll be hearing less of this. :P

Worship
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
About nine thirty!

Are you sure?? I always thought you go left at the crossroads xD

Otukura
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Why can't we have the old tattoo face back?

Bebsi
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone,

Question:Also same questions about vanities, why they can't be altered also? Or merged to my another account for example? It's same to arena kills, I grinded for it, I spent money and time.
:

Im pretty sure that everyone else has spent time and money, too to raise their toons.
Altering stats or merging accounts gives ppl a chance to own vanities or stats that they have not earned legitly, clear?
I hope that u keep on being strict about that, Sam.

In the past we met already a few ppl who gained the COP through merging accounts.
Also I know that the support team transferred the COP to other accounts which is not acceptable at all.
For me it's important to know that there are rules or achievements that can't be broken, even through support team.
A lot of ppl waste time and money to make it to the lvl cap...
Can we count on the support to not do those transfers or merging any more, Sam?

Nihiliste
07-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I think we should get new faces! Tiger?

HunterSLAYER
07-25-2012, 09:37 AM
The solution to Q2 is to just add a hide hair option.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD