PDA

View Full Version : Bear new to PvP, need some stategy advise!

Energizeric
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
So yesterday I leveled up to 70 and equiped my crafted Tiki God Crusher/Bongo set (I'm a bear). It's a long haul to 71, so decided to take a break and did some PvP for the first time since I was around level 20. Even when I was level 20, I did not do it much, so I'm basically new to PvP.

So I went up against a bird with a bow set, and later against a mage with a wand set. When we were in a castle, I won almost all the fights. I was able to do the beckon/stomp combo, and then move in for the final hit in a hurry. But once we changed the venue to the forest, without any walls to slam them against I lost every single battle. I would do the beckon/stomp combo, but then they would go flying across the screen and by the time I could get over to where they were, they were recovered and would kill me.

I'm sure I'm probably not using the best strategy here. Can someone more experienced give me some tips on how to approach fighting against a bird with a bow set, and a mage with a wand set, when we are in a wide open space with no walls?

Plaguemaw
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I try the beckon, then hs crush blow then slam with slashing. Don't stomp until you have then down or pinned, as with your mace you need close range.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
Ewwyuckgross lv56 bird
Sandblast lv51 mage
Feedyourhead lv30 bear
Mayhembeak lv30 bird
Maliciousbear lv25 bear
Hostilebear lv22 bear
Divmay lv18 bear
Plaguemaw lv17 bear
Minimayhem lv10 bear
Hostilemerch lv4 bird

Zeus
07-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Hey buddy,

This guide may be a bit out of date, but you may want to check out my guide for bears, "The L66 Bear is EXPOSED!".

While the skill rank is out of date, if you PM me, I can provide you with an update one according to your play style. The strategies and concepts still remain the same.

If you have any other questions, hit me up on the forums or in game. However, I may not be on much this week, so it's better that you communicate with me on forums.

Energizeric
07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Very good guide. That helps me a lot.

As for skill specs, once I reached a decent level and had a large H/s regen, I did a respec and removed all skill points from heal since it doesn't heal you much at all. Instead I have all other skills at 6, and a few of them at 7 (the ones that seemed to have a noticeably large difference between 6 and 7 such as rage).

Zeus
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Very good guide. That helps me a lot.

As for skill specs, once I reached a decent level and had a large H/s regen, I did a respec and removed all skill points from heal since it doesn't heal you much at all. Instead I have all other skills at 6, and a few of them at 7 (the ones that seemed to have a noticeably large difference between 6 and 7 such as rage).

Prior to contrary belief, heal helps you out A LOT, especially vs birds. Find me in game later this week & I'll show you what I mean.

Birds roots negate HS, so when you're rooted and can't stomp out of it, you want to be able to keep your health and regen up with the use of that spell.