PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam??!

Chopper
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
So as i mentioned in my previous post a few weeks ago, i bought a Tiki Bow, then immediately got one dropped on me LOL

So i finally put the extra bow up for sale in CS. Came online today and see that it sold, along with a bunch of other items i had put up, so i 'completed' the sales without thinking much of it.

Pretty soon, some other player keeps messaging me saying he bought my bow but didn't receive the item from CS. He claims i somehow cheated him and he wants me to pay him the price he allegedly paid for the bow. I obviously dont have the bow since it sold through CS. He keeps messaging me over and over again threateneing to "report" me to STS. I keep telling him i dont have the item that sold through CS. Well, this goes on and on as he keeps telling me to give him the money. I tell him to email STS since i didn't cheat anyone.

Weird exchange. Is this some sort of scam?

Elyseon
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
if he didnt get it, which i have no clue how he wouldnt, it would be a bug, and not ur fault

Energizeric
07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I would just mute him and move on.

nomad187
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
You did right by telling him to email STS. As said above, just mute the person if they continue to bug you.

Remember, it's only a scam if you actually give them something.

Suentous PO
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
If he reports you, good, you did nothing and support will see that. People like to threaten others with reports to scare or flex on them. If its a bug he needs to report to have sts look into it and prevent others from suffering the same thing. Sounds like he's phishing in a way (scam).

Intenze
07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
You have nothing to be worried about.

Chopper
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
thanks guys.

I prefer STS look into it than get scammed!

Whirlzap
07-24-2012, 06:58 PM
He either had a bug going on and didn't receive the item (unlikely)

Or he just was a noob and tried to scam you (likely)

CrimsonTider
07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
I am leaning towards Whirlz' second point. Amazing how desperate (and dumb) some people can be.

Worship
07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Clever scam..

Not your fault :)

Chopper
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
i added him to my ignore list, and now he's recruited a buddy to harass me with messages threatening me to give him money.

Geez, like i could somehow magically "hack" CS. yeah right!

~A~
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Lol...

Flashgunner
07-24-2012, 08:02 PM
So as i mentioned in my previous post a few weeks ago, i bought a Tiki Bow, then immediately got one dropped on me LOL

So i finally put the extra bow up for sale in CS. Came online today and see that it sold, along with a bunch of other items i had put up, so i 'completed' the sales without thinking much of it.

Pretty soon, some other player keeps messaging me saying he bought my bow but didn't receive the item from CS. He claims i somehow cheated him and he wants me to pay him the price he allegedly paid for the bow. I obviously dont have the bow since it sold through CS. He keeps messaging me over and over again threateneing to "report" me to STS. I keep telling him i dont have the item that sold through CS. Well, this goes on and on as he keeps telling me to give him the money. I tell him to email STS since i didn't cheat anyone.

Weird exchange. Is this some sort of scam?

See if the names match from CS and the Pm'er he may be hiding the bow to scam you, or just scamming you for no reason.

FluffNStuff
07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
He did threaten to report you to STS so I suggest you save him the trouble. Send a full report of everything, including the item that was sold, who it was sold to, and what his response was so they can look into it. Oh, and be sure to let him and his friends know you reported the issue to be helpful, I would be curious to hear their reaction.

Worship
07-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Just let STS do their magic.. *holds up hands as if sprinkling some magic powder, then slowly walks away..*

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Cs screwed up on me once and an item I sold I didn't get paid for. I said there was an error retrieving auction or something I just said eh what ever and moved on lol

vampinoy
07-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Not yet...It needs a victim first :P

The Flash
07-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Cs screwed up on me once and an item I sold I didn't get paid for. I said there was an error retrieving auction or something I just said eh what ever and moved on lol

You got your gold its just you tried to retrieve gold from multiple iteam to fast. Happened to me before and I checked gold and it was added.

Chopper
07-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I reported it to STS to give them the heads up.

Funny thing is, the other player the original player got to harass me remotely, admitted that the original player had previous "errors" in other purchases from CS before. Um, so if he had the problem before, why is he still thinking i somehow scammed him? Sounds like his system is messed up, if not a scam outright.

Fyrce
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, great scam.

As others have said, tell him to email STS and/or click on the support button, then Mute him.

Actually, I would report him also, just in case he has tried this with other sellers, which btw, he probably has. You can tell him, "Btw, just in case you are worried, I reported you, so that STS will be sure to be looking at your problem. You're welcome!"

Nick41324
07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Umm... I've been buying and selling for over a year and this has never happened to me. Probably a scam.

Chopper
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Got a response from STS. They assured me that i have nothing to worry about if i did nothing wrong, so i can forget about it. yay.

Just watch out for people claiming their CS purchases failed. You might harassed like me ha ha