PDA

View Full Version : power leveling.

LaceMeUp
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Are there any power leveling servicemen/wemen out there to help me level faster? If so what are the conditions?

Dynastu
07-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Do you have a higher level character of the same class? If no, then do us all a favor and don't power level. Try to learn the basics of that class. You'll do better later on.

Paar
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Conditions: Dance around in a Voodoo Robe (Home Made) and sing Justin Bieber songs while Juggling apricots..

Also, What the above said. ;)

Chopper
07-25-2012, 01:55 PM
what's the rush. Enjoy your level and play and collect random drops, have fun, etc. The levelling seems to take care of itself by doing that.

Intenze
07-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll power level you, but the condition is you have to kill the same number of mobs as me. Also, it has to be a full group with everyone else being similar level. Also, I will be using a character that is the same level as you.

Chopper
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I'll power level you, but the condition is you have to kill the same number of mobs as me. Also, it has to be a full group with everyone else being similar level. Also, I will be using a character that is the same level as you.

wait, by those conditions, isn't he power levelling YOU? LOL

Yich
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
.... To any who say "learn your character dont power level"... I got my mage to 50 from a good friend power leveling in one weekend, when I just started playing. After that I only leveled with free dailies and when I got a thrasher I got to 65. When the new cap came out, I got to 66, equipped my angel set and locked xp. I now have a 66 mage with 0 quests done.
Moral of the story: leveling without someone power leveling you is noob. Get to the level you need, lock it, get gear and go do PvP.

demoncrate
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I power levelled joining high level games. Didn't learn a thing worthwhile until I was L65.
Then my mage's brain quadrupled in size due to the information overload and it burst.

A better moral : Chill with the noobs or end up in brains (your own brains. Thought to let you know since your PL brain is empty since you want to power level. Of course this whole story falls apart if you have a high level toon. This comment in the brackets is alone incomprehensible by your PL brain. {This really is too long [Wait I got the order of brackets wrong.]})

Yich
07-26-2012, 01:13 PM
I stand by my story. If I do anything stupid I'm sure my friends would be happy to tell me. :)

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Lol @demon I did the same didn't learn to pull towards walls till I was in fang. Btw every pro was a noob, I call myself a professional noob

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
.... To any who say "learn your character dont power level"... I got my mage to 50 from a good friend power leveling in one weekend, when I just started playing. After that I only leveled with free dailies and when I got a thrasher I got to 65. When the new cap came out, I got to 66, equipped my angel set and locked xp. I now have a 66 mage with 0 quests done.
Moral of the story: leveling without someone power leveling you is noob. Get to the level you need, lock it, get gear and go do PvP.
This isn't a good example of how power leveling can still let one learn their classes. First you powerleveled to 50. Okay fine with me until I see this: "After that I only leveled with free dailies and when I got a thrasher I got to 65"
:p At least you weren't thrashing your way all the way up. With elixers, all you have to do is Spam skills. I'm not saying you aren't skilled at all by being power leveled, but I can still doubt the good effects the post brings. What I'm trying to do is point out things that people will easily be confused at. To me at first glance, it looked like you power leveled the entire thing with while calling others noobs for not doing so also. Actually that's how I still kinda feel about but nvm that. We'll just agree to disagree.
One more thing. I'm not sure how pvp helps anyone get any better, and with all these threads flaming on about it, I wouldn't recommend it to a new player.
Okay I'm done.

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Yea pvp is a whole different ball park then pve. For example my int bear is good at pve but if I try take him in pvp, horrible. If all your going to do is pvp I guess you don't have to worry about it, but you also have to learn pvp and it is definitely not welcoming to new players

Yich
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I do not care for PvE and never have. When ye "pros" say "take the time to learn your class", the noobs following your advice and level up the slow and painful way. IMO PvP is many times greater than PvE. Keeping that in mind, I suggest new players get to PvP ASAP because when they get to their level of PvP, they will have a netter experience. If you know for certain that you don't like pvp, get to a high level fast anyway and go farm somewhere with good drops. Who likes to be a low level when they dont like PvP? Lame.

KingFu
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
There's gonna be 2 types of people in this argument. People who know what they're talking about, and people who power leveled and want to insist they know just as much, if not more than everyone else.

I'm not saying you're cursed to be a noob forever if you power leveled, I'm just saying you'll overall enjoy the game and have more appreciation for it if you level as intended. There's a lot of content, and a lot of things you'll miss by powerleveling. You'll be better off taking your time in the long run, and having a better unserstanding for the game when you hit the cap. If you power level, you probably don't even have a good understanding of what your skills do. I've run into bear's who didn't know the difference between taunt and beckon, they just called them the "finger skills".

onemadzhau
07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Imho I think a good player is one who knows his class and knows his role in a group and there is no better way to learn to play then the old fashioned way for your first character after that power lvl what ever toon u decide to make.
On a side note learning to play pl by starting in pvp with wrong group it could ruin your experience

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree with one, if a new player jumped into pvp right away they would definitely have a bad experience. Amongst them probally getting rushed, or teamed then spammed with noob, dog, or whatever else these "pros" like to say after they kill you. It would not be a very good experience at all

Yich
07-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Believe It or not, I skipped the noob phase altogether to become a player instantly. In the time it takes you to get from 1-5 manually you could have easily been over 15 with power leveling, if you are noob. Every second you spend in PvE not learning is a second you could have spent in PvP, which IMO is more fun and you learn pretty much all the time. If you are not learning and getting better in PvP you will fall behind, but I have puty for you if you fell for the pros trap of "dont power level, do it the right way" because you may spend a good half hour in forest haven maps wondering why you arent getting xp, and where to get it. Sure, noobs messaging me "power level me" gets annoying, but if they are nice about it, I do it for their free daily elixir. Oh, and in that half hour trying to get xp all to no avail, you could have been a good level to PvP at. (of course you would need gear)

JaytB
07-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Where's aikiebo when you need him :D

(for newer forum members... He used to be quite the advocate for powerleveling, and that's a HUGE understatement)