PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Bear Discussion.

Paar
07-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey Guys, I recently decided to make a Voodoo Bear. I just wanted to meet and greet some other Voodoo Bears, Talk Builds, combo's, gear, etc.

If you have a voodoo bear Post your in game name. I'd love to hear some strategies, and other things you do to pwn. :)

If you don't have a Voodoo Bear or even if you do. What's your opinion on them? Strong or Weak in PvP or PvE.

-Paar

Phoenixking
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
My opinion (I don't have voodoo bear or a 35 bear)) I believe every "hybrid" and "pure" build has a chance, what I'm talking about are those
-Dexterity Birds
-Strength Birds
-Intelligence Birds
-Dexterity Bears
-Strength Bears
-Intelligence Bears
-Dexterity Mages
-Strength Mages
-Intelligence Mages
, at all of the Different twinking levels it's just that their potential isn't shown because they are a tough one to use and so people consider them weak and everybody (the majority) ignore these and not try them, those that do are usually new players who make it look weak because they themselves are new to it

What I'm saying is that if you have the time and patience to try something tough and almost completely new then you can make use of the voodoo bear and be a good strong player (sorry for the somewhat long post>_>)

FluffNStuff
07-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Pros are being able to self combo terror using the Mojo wand.
Cons (and this is a big one) Your hit rate is going to be extremely low. That, and the fact that mages can heal hellscream / terror is what drove me away from it.

aniybo
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I had a voodoo bear once he owned i mean its really useful against mages.
Because of the high damage a voodoo pin can do means we bears can do high auto 1 handed while being protected. So voodoo is +damage +armor
That is a very good combo to have. Plus we tank and if we can nuke and tank= pvp boss
How ever people will say to int bears hey its that int bear!To stop them just get ur voodoo out and fight them. They should shut up pretty quickly.
What i reccomend is use a tank outfit like iceberg and than use the voodoo pin as weapon. Yes i do realize there would be no extra points for the set.
How ever you will own.
I will give u this build 6 rage 6 iron 6 stomp 6 beckon 6 hell scream 2 sms 2 vs.
What u should do is bring them in with beckon stomp them for a combo if theyre stunned go in use hell scream and use those slashes retreat and redo.
Well this is what i did and usually died 4-1 so my kdr got a serious boost.
This is all i can offer with my expiriences but i might add on later as i might do some research.
Hit the thumbs up button if this helped :D

Twinklaser
07-25-2012, 10:48 PM
If you are refering to a voodoo wand bear, then its on par with dexbears. Your wand is the highest 1h damage range weapon for that level range. In a sense, a voodoo wand bear is a dexbear but with higher damage but lower armor. Builds should be similar.

If you are refering to mojo wand bears, then its kinda like a copperhead bear. The trident has break armor proc and I think mojo has nightmare proc which debuffs armor and slight dodge. Mojo bears are then copper bears with lower damage but more range.

My build:
75 Str Rest Int

Gear: Slot 1: Voodoo wand Zombie Plate Zombie Shield Copperhead helm
Slot 2: Mojo Wand Copper Helm Zombie Plate Zombie Shield

Voodoo Wand Build:
6 Rage
6 Iron
6 Crushing
5 Beckon
6 Hell Scream
3 Stomp
1 Crip

Combo: Buff Beckon Crushing Stomp(Hope this nukes :3) Hell Scream Crip

Mojo Build:
6 Rage
6 Taunt
6 Evasion
6 Hellscream
4 Crushing Blow
5 Beckon
1 Crip

Combo: Buff(Tauntx2) Beckon Scream Crushing Crip

In Between Build :3
6 Rage
6 Taunt
4 Iron
6 Hellscream
6 Crushing
5 Beckon
1 Crip

Combo: Buffs(Taunt x2) Beckon Scream Crushing Crip

Heres my super nuke build, not sure if it works on voodoo bears:
6 Rage
6 Iron Blood
6 Stomp
6 Beckon
6 Crushing Blow
4 SMS

Combo: Buffs Beckon Crushing Stomp SMS(run and repeat after skills recharge)

Tips Ive learned playing intbears:
Zombies Croc Scale Plate has the same stats as voodoo robe but costs alot less
Copperhead Gear is always recommended do to your low hit%
The best ring for your bear is the 2% Dodge 8 Armor
Crushing lasts for more than its cool down time so try to land it as soon as possible
Against other bears, Wait to be beckoned and HS or Cb
5 m/s is good enough for a bear, no need to have 15+

MightyMicah
07-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Uhh I don't know much about it myself. My bear was a green ice nuker lol. But what I do know is that Jomzyn, a level 38 voodoo bear, is quite talented. Maybe try talking with him?

Noodleleg
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
The only way to win as a Voodoo bear is to nuke them hard...

Try this build:

6 rage
6 iron blood
6 hellscream
6 beckon
6 stomp
2 crippling slash
2 super mega slash

Combo:
Buffs
Beckon
Hellscream
Crippling slash
Stomp
Super mega slash

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Try this build:

6 rage
6 iron blood
6 hellscream
6 beckon
6 stomp
2 crippling slash
2 super mega slash

Combo:
Buffs
Beckon
Hellscream
Crippling slash
Stomp
Super mega slash

How was your hit percentage? I found hitting hard difficult when missing.

aniybo
I had a voodoo bear once he owned i mean its really useful against mages.
Because of the high damage a voodoo pin can do means we bears can do high auto 1 handed while being protected. So voodoo is +damage +armor
That is a very good combo to have. Plus we tank and if we can nuke and tank= pvp boss
How ever people will say to int bears hey its that int bear!To stop them just get ur voodoo out and fight them. They should shut up pretty quickly.
What i reccomend is use a tank outfit like iceberg and than use the voodoo pin as weapon. Yes i do realize there would be no extra points for the set.
How ever you will own.
I will give u this build 6 rage 6 iron 6 stomp 6 beckon 6 hell scream 2 sms 2 vs.
What u should do is bring them in with beckon stomp them for a combo if theyre stunned go in use hell scream and use those slashes retreat and redo.
Well this is what i did and usually died 4-1 so my kdr got a serious boost.
This is all i can offer with my expiriences but i might add on later as i might do some research.
Hit the thumbs up button if this helped :D

U should get the 10 platinum l20+ rings they help alot.

aniybo

Try this build:

6 rage
6 iron blood
6 hellscream
6 beckon
6 stomp
2 crippling slash
2 super mega slash

Combo:
Buffs
Beckon
Hellscream
Crippling slash
Stomp
Super mega slash

Thats my build except of vs u got cs :O

Noodleleg
07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Thats my build except of vs u got cs :O

It's a bit hard to stomp and hit all slashes... I prefer to trap the mage, then stomp and sms.

Noodleleg
07-26-2012, 09:50 AM
How was your hit percentage? I found hitting hard difficult when missing.

I don't remember really... But you won't miss a lot. Rage helps a ton...

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't remember really... But you won't miss a lot. Rage helps a ton...

Good point. When I was working on a twink build, I found that actual hit = hit + hit * crit (with both having a max of 1) which makes hit more important then crit when you are below 100% but for uniform attacks crit can make up for a lack of hit. The only issue would be for special attacks that you need to hit, like becon and stomp.

Noodleleg
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Good point. When I was working on a twink build, I found that actual hit = hit + hit * crit (with both having a max of 1) which makes hit more important then crit when you are below 100% but for uniform attacks crit can make up for a lack of hit. The only issue would be for special attacks that you need to hit, like becon and stomp.

That's when dodge build copper bears hurt lol :P

Paar
07-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Finally got my bear to 35! Been kicking some butt! ;) I used Noodle's build! Great Stuff!

aniybo
07-26-2012, 04:12 PM
i had almost same build :D