PDA

View Full Version : Preview - Return of the Arcane Angler's Fishing Derby!

asommers
06-27-2022, 02:18 PM

It's time to kick back, relax, and enjoy some fishing--Arlor style!
The Arcane Anglers Fishing Derby event runs for two weeks starting June 30th!

Visit Nevius in Windmoore town to pick up a fishing rod and some bait, then head over to Basilisk Basin to join in the fun!

+ Use bait to cast your rod in Basilisk Basin. Purchase additional bait from Nevius, or defeat bosses around Arlor to collect more.
+ After making a cast with your fishing rod, play a mini-game to capture fish. Lose the game, the fish gets away.

FISHING MINI-GAMES

"BOBBER"
How to play: BOBBER

Objective: the Bobber is in the middle of the Target Circle when the Timer runs out
+ Tap the 'TAP' button to raise the Bobber into the target circle.
+ If the Bobber is in the target circle when the timer expires, you win!
+ If the Bobber is not in the target circle when the timer expires, the fish gets away.

"BALANCE"
How to play: BALANCE

Objective: the Needle is in the middle of the Range when the Timer runs out
+ Tap the left or right side 'TAP' buttons to push the Needle towards the center.
+ Continue tapping either button to keep the Needle in the center of the Range.
+ If the needle is in the center when the Timer runs out, you win!
+ If the needle is not in the center of the Range when the Timer runs out, the fish gets away.

"WHACK-A-FIN"
How to play: WHACK -A-FIN

Objective: tap the Fish Icon and fill the Progress Bar to maximum before the Timer runs out
+ A field of nine (9) squares will appear when this mini-game activates.
+ Above the field of squares you will also see a red Progress Bar.
+ Like all other mini-games, there is a Timer at the top of the screen.
+ Tap on the Fish Icon to fill the Progress Bar.
+ Avoid tapping on the empty icons... tapping on these will cause the Progress Bar to shrink!
+ If the Progress Bar is full when the Timer expires, you win!
+ If the Progress Bar is not full when the Timer expires, the fish gets away.

LEADERBOARD and REWARDS

+ Event points are awarded each time you catch a fish.
+ This Leaderboard Event does not require Energy to play (only a rod and bait, which can be purchased for gold).
+ Arlor's Top 10 Anglers will get the Pirate Lord's Lost Golden Anchor trophy to showcase in their houses along with the 2022 Alchemic Angler's vanity banner.

+ The Number One Ranked Angler will receive the Title "<Arlor's Best Angler 2022>" and the Midas Mislaid Fishing Rode trophy.

FISHING Details

- When equipped, your Fishing Rod will show you the amount of Bait that you have left. When you run out of Bait, you'll need to buy more from Nevius or collect some by defeating Arlorian bosses.

- A 'rare fish region' will sometimes appear in Basilisk Basin. When it does, fish in that area for a chance to catch the most rare fish and the event crates.

246247 246248

- The 'rare fish region' will disappear after a few minutes and reappear somewhere else after some period of time.

+ Find something a little different on your line? Add some unconventional decor to your home by reeling in a Soggy Boot, Captain's Wheel, or Rusty Barrel

Event Crates and Crafting

Be on the lookout for the new and hard-to-catch Arcane fish the Flitcher! This rare catch will provide a guaranteed Mythic or Arcane item!

There are 2 event crates you can collect by fishing during the event:

The Pirate's Pouch this rare pouch contains all the great loot of a locked crate. Let's hope your pirates were successful in finding their booty!
Unlocked - free to open!

The Pirate Lord's Loot contains some impressive loot indeed!
Locked - requiring 5 Platinum to open.

Open these for a chance to collect Level 76 Arcanes, Level 81 Mythics, gold up to 1,000,000, platinum up to 150, along with the recipes for a variety of fish oil elixirs that can be crafted from the fish you catch!
These elixirs will grant temporary buffs to boost your power, XP, and more when you return to Arlor!

Tame Terracuda: +50% Damage for 10 mins
Enraged Terracuda: +75% Damage for 5 mins
Karkar: +100% Damage for 5 mins

Levia: 4x XP for 5 mins
Mindwarp Octosyn: 3x XP for 5 mins
Octosyn: 2x XP for 10 mins

Zodias Companion Elixir: Receive 1 Pet Level-Up Ticket

These 'burst' Elixirs all stack, and they all count down everywhere - so use them strategically to get the most out of their effects.

Store Sales

Don't forget to keep an eye on the store for some special sales. Throughout the event we'll offer limited quantities of the Pirate Lord's Hidden Hoard (3x Pulls on the Pirate Lord's Loot!)

Plus, this weekend only, snag the Alchemic Angler's vanity set to make sure you look at the angling part while you're fishing away.

Happy Fishing, Legends!

ItsNotOrange
06-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Nice update, im excited for the event

Uereazagr
06-29-2022, 10:11 AM
Ooo that arcane fish looks very interesting, love it

Juicymango
06-29-2022, 10:13 AM
Nice, looking interesting!

tailwarrior
06-29-2022, 10:24 AM
I wish to know what arc and myth does that arc fish drop?

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Alexwwe
06-29-2022, 10:24 AM
No Golden Ghost Knight weapons ?

karine23
06-29-2022, 10:26 AM
I didn't like this event and I never liked it last year nothing good comes.

Ilove_Poopoo
06-29-2022, 10:26 AM
So we can't craft those elixers anymore unlike before?

Chessbunny
06-29-2022, 10:32 AM
So we can't craft those elixers anymore unlike before?

You will still be able to craft the elixirs, including the new ones.

Fearrr
06-29-2022, 10:38 AM
The Arcane Fish the Flitcher looks interesting and curious about the Mythic and Arcane Loot Table for that? Zodias Companion Elixir: Receive 1 Pet Level-Up Ticket looks interesting as well. Now is this a instant Lvl up to Max Lvl 81 on any pet we use regardless of it's current Lvl? Is that how this works?

Also I see this Event is 2 Weeks so I got my question from last week answered about Awake Event! 😈

HindiAkoAamin
06-29-2022, 10:39 AM
new elixirs will be lootable also in zodias elite maps?

Sent from my CPH2325 using Tapatalk

Chessbunny
06-29-2022, 10:46 AM
The Arcane Fish the Flitcher looks interesting and curious about the Mythic and Arcane Loot Table for that? Zodias Companion Elixir: Receive 1 Pet Level-Up Ticket looks interesting as well. Now is this a instant Lvl up to Max Lvl 81 on any pet we use regardless of it's current Lvl? Is that how this works?

Also I see this Event is 2 Weeks so I got my question from last week answered about Awake Event! ��

That's correct, you will be able to use the ticket on any pet you want to be leveled up to level 81 instead of paying platinum.

Redjellydonut
06-29-2022, 11:07 AM
People acting like that arcane fish gonna drop orb, arcane amulets, and mythic weps….pretty sure it means arcane and mythic crafting materials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killyxan
06-29-2022, 11:07 AM
That's correct, you will be able to use the ticket on any pet you want to be leveled up to level 81 instead of paying platinum.

What about the sand aura can you loot it from this event? And what does this new arcane crate contains if you open it you will have a chance to loot mythic or arcane items but which ones need more details thank you

Chessbunny
06-29-2022, 11:16 AM
People acting like that arcane fish gonna drop orb, arcane amulets, and mythic weps….pretty sure it means arcane and mythic crafting materials

The Arcane fish will drop armor and weapons.

Lopsideed
06-29-2022, 11:34 AM
Can the lb winners get more rewards, like vanities or something.

Trenton
06-29-2022, 11:51 AM
The Arcane fish will drop armor and weapons.Flitcher will be rarely available to catch anywhere or just rare fishing regions?

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Loxed AL
06-29-2022, 11:54 AM
Now it s a 2 weeks event? One of the worst events so far, see you in 2 weeks!

Trimis de pe al meu NX659J folosind Tapatalk

Madragora
06-29-2022, 12:28 PM
Does luck works in getting glitcher fish or better loot or is it random?

Mythocrisis
06-29-2022, 12:47 PM
Now it s a 2 weeks event? One of the worst events so far, see you in 2 weeks!

Trimis de pe al meu NX659J folosind Tapatalk

But I don't want to see you and your toxicity even after 2 weeks...

Oakmaiden
06-29-2022, 12:56 PM
Still with the multiple fishing poles.....

Thewolfbull
06-29-2022, 01:16 PM
So is that arcane fish a chest? Or is it an item that I can keep it in my inventory and open any locked/chest and get a guaranteed mythic/arcane?

Dopein
06-29-2022, 01:19 PM
When awakening event?

Wysłane z mojego YAL-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

papas
06-29-2022, 01:19 PM

Also I see this Event is 2 Weeks so I got my question from last week answered about Awake Event! [emoji48]If the pet lvl up elixir is same as last time it will level ur pet up to ur current lvl. So u need to be 81lvl to max lvl ur pet.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Repent
06-29-2022, 01:21 PM
@Chessbunny would your team consider adding the sand aura into the loot table since to my knowledge there are no owners in-game and it was never looted from locks. Maybe add it as an in-store limited sale or just throw it into the lock loot table? Thanks - Atoned

riskya2003
06-29-2022, 01:32 PM
LETS FISHING

Sent from my M2103K19PG using Tapatalk

Chessbunny
06-29-2022, 01:41 PM
So is that arcane fish a chest? Or is it an item that I can keep it in my inventory and open any locked/chest and get a guaranteed mythic/arcane?

You can open any of the fish you receive, including the Arcane fish.

Chessbunny
06-29-2022, 01:42 PM
If the pet lvl up elixir is same as last time it will level ur pet up to ur current lvl. So u need to be 81lvl to max lvl ur pet.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thank you for the clarification. That's correct, you would need to be level 81 to level your pet up to level 81.

Crankomaniac
06-29-2022, 02:27 PM
Which sepcific item is included into this new fish called flitsher?

Immortal_Blood
06-29-2022, 02:28 PM
So I missed the PvP event. Oh well haha, but I'll be damned if I miss this event. Thanks for adding my idea of looting arcane gear to drops. Jesus Christ poggers m8

Madragora
06-29-2022, 03:42 PM
Is glitcher and pirate's pouch tradable?
Also does it help if you have luck elix to catch them?
(Sry to ask again)

Great event keep it up!

partyelf
06-29-2022, 04:08 PM
2nd favorite event. would love to see another aura this year too

Pyrogenie
06-29-2022, 04:12 PM
Seems cool. Always an event going nowadays and that’s great. You newer whipper snappers are lucky. Back in the day we literally had months between events. Wow that was long ago. Hard to believe I first played this game 10 years ago. Where does time go.

TheBoon
06-29-2022, 04:26 PM
it is stated "armor and weapon" "arcane and mythic"

Chromwell
06-29-2022, 08:34 PM
Only leaderboard get rewards, there's no way for me then lol.

Trenton
06-29-2022, 08:44 PM
Only leaderboard get rewards, there's no way for me then lol.There's only 3 leaderboard rewards out of the whole event, if you get enough bait then farm for the Arcane Fish, or open crates and get recipes for fish oil elixirs, or open/sell the other fish you catch

chiiwawa
06-30-2022, 08:05 AM
Would be a lot more fun if some boats were added we could drive and fish out of maybe next time.

Fearrr
06-30-2022, 10:21 AM
Would be a lot more fun if some boats were added we could drive and fish out of maybe next time.

@Asommers @Chessbunny

Is something like this possible in a map environment like this? Raft can hold 2 Player's, Boat can hold 4 Player's, a Yacht can hold up to 6 Player's? For X-amount of Plat? New House Environment: Lake House(This package would be the most expensive House Type). Similar to Event Map with Water and Pier but with a Lake House added that can be be edited like any other House type, and where we can permanently use and drive these Boats? I would definitely buy these for Plat.

I can see it now lol...Log in...Hop on the Yacht...Have a few Mix Drinks...Spark a Blunt...Do a few laps before some runs or maybe just sit and anchor somewhere...This would be clean lmao! 😂

gravings
06-30-2022, 12:27 PM
Is stuff like 41 mythic weps 31 arcs and 16 arcs in this fish chest as well?

Mythocrisis
06-30-2022, 01:48 PM
Is stuff like 41 mythic weps 31 arcs and 16 arcs in this fish chest as well?
Let us know this please since fish does not open loot table.

Pauvre
06-30-2022, 02:54 PM
Yeah what are the arcane and mythic drops on Flitcher pls

ZZTop
06-30-2022, 03:43 PM
it is stated "armor and weapon" "arcane and mythic"Well apparently armor also means mythic lv 81 belt so yes, they should add a loot table.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Pickname - Dougim
06-30-2022, 05:00 PM
increase the gold rate of the fish it's very boring to spend a lot of time playing and only earn 10k since the arcane fish is difficult to be looted "if it is", manynja gave up on the event it's really not worth it

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Trenton
06-30-2022, 10:23 PM
Well apparently armor also means mythic lv 81 belt so yes, they should add a loot table.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind TapatalkThat's gotta be disappointing :(

Fearrr
06-30-2022, 10:59 PM
@Asommers @Chessbunny

Is something like this possible in a map environment like this? Raft can hold 2 Player's, Boat can hold 4 Player's, a Yacht can hold up to 6 Player's? For X-amount of Plat? New House Environment: Lake House(This package would be the most expensive House Type). Similar to Event Map with Water and Pier but with a Lake House added that can be be edited like any other House type, and where we can permanently use and drive these Boats? I would definitely buy these for Plat.

I can see it now lol...Log in...Hop on the Yacht...Have a few Mix Drinks...Spark a Blunt...Do a few laps before some runs or maybe just sit and anchor somewhere...This would be clean lmao! 😂

Going to add to this a bit. So similar to how we have the Teleport in front of our House Door to go outside, In the Event Map it could be on the Shore in a specific location. Same for the Lake House Environment, a boating dock area that shows up to a Max of 3 selected Boats a player has bought. This Boat Teleport in Event Map will allow us to pick from our owned Boats to use.

Besides the fun factor what is the significance of all of this? With having this a permanent feature with the Lake House Environment and with all the different types and styles of Boats throughout the years for creative ideas, this could bring in year round Revenue to fund Endgame Content project's. Like the Limited Auras, there could be Limited Boat Sales Major Events, House Party Event, and during Fishing Event.

Oakmaiden
07-01-2022, 07:36 AM
Ugggh, the random mini game were annoying enuff... now they turn sideways -.- annnd I get ripped off when the needle is in the green zone or bobber in the ring or the last fish whacked...this isn’t fun

drawfflerz
07-01-2022, 07:38 AM
why cant we do fishing on the dragon jewel's ship? maybe 1st we looted some elixir that can open portal for 10 players to the ship, and more adventures begin on that ship. like fighting bosses or kraken.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

mqp2385
07-01-2022, 08:20 AM
Can you please at least put banner for top 50? I mean why dint separate classes so other can have a chance 2

Enviado desde mi SM-A136U mediante Tapatalk

asommers
07-01-2022, 10:53 AM
Ugggh, the random mini game were annoying enuff... now they turn sideways -.- annnd I get ripped off when the needle is in the green zone or bobber in the ring or the last fish whacked...this isn’t fun

I tested all minigames w/ both narrow and wide devices and was able to win each one. Is it only the sideways ones that aren't working for you?

-ALS

asommers
07-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Can you please at least put banner for top 50? I mean why dint separate classes so other can have a chance 2

Enviado desde mi SM-A136U mediante Tapatalk

We'll consider expanding rewards beyond top 10, but we generally don't change them after the event starts.

Since everyone is on a level playing field, there was no need to split classes.

-ALS

asommers
07-01-2022, 10:59 AM
why cant we do fishing on the dragon jewel's ship? maybe 1st we looted some elixir that can open portal for 10 players to the ship, and more adventures begin on that ship. like fighting bosses or kraken.

It would be nice to fish everywhere, but the way fishing was implemented, it only works in the fishing zone (similar to racing, pvp, gauntlet, etc.)

-ALS

octavos
07-01-2022, 11:03 AM
I tested all minigames w/ both narrow and wide devices and was able to win each one. Is it only the sideways ones that aren't working for you?

-ALS

I agree yes sideways ones I always lose :( the regular ones are working good.

heces
07-01-2022, 11:05 AM
No Golden Ghost Knight weapons ?Maybe golden ghost knight weap soon in other event

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

SilentX
07-02-2022, 05:06 AM
I cant make a post, so im going to make a quick reply here and i wish any dev see this. Is looting nothing in fishing derby possible even tho i successfully catched the fish?? it happens mutiple times to me already sometimes in a row geez.

Edited: btw the points is added and the bait is used, just the loot is not popping out, this is only the day i experinced it if you need prof i have screen record.

Madragora
07-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Ok after the drop nerf, no flitcher no elixirs besides karkar which is not even 50k worth, only pirate's pouch which you open and you get 1 gold🤣 (opened 40 the most valuable drop was 200gold) and coe fish that sells for 7k... Meh

They must do something about it, it is a two week event they can't just live it like that and bore us to death.

Thanks sts

Trenton
07-02-2022, 04:11 PM
Ok after the drop nerf, no flitcher no elixirs besides karkar which is not even 50k worth, only pirate's pouch which you open and you get 1 gold[emoji1787] (opened 40 the most valuable drop was 200gold) and coe fish that sells for 7k... Meh

They must do something about it, it is a two week event they can't just live it like that and bore us to death.

Thanks stsPirate's Pouch is quite sad, blue fish gives more gold besides every once in a while Pirate's Pouches you get 2k gold.

ree
07-02-2022, 05:17 PM
Will you be selling the cute hat that the rogue in the black dress has on?

Itemstore
07-04-2022, 05:49 AM
Is there any way we can buy fishing nets what give no points but let players catch multiple fish at once please can you consider this as that might spice the event up a bit or let players catch giant fish and when opening we get a random amount of fish from those chests

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Pickname - Dougim
07-04-2022, 06:48 AM
Ok after the drop nerf, no flitcher no elixirs besides karkar which is not even 50k worth, only pirate's pouch which you open and you get 1 gold[emoji1787] (opened 40 the most valuable drop was 200gold) and coe fish that sells for 7k... Meh

Thanks sts+1

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk