PDA

View Full Version : An absolutely fair question...

Xaphan Fox
07-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Has anyone, and I mean anyone, actually seen a pink gun drop from infested hive white queen without the use of a luck elixer?

...in fact, lets back up some:
Has anyone ever seen a lvl 35 pink pistol ever drop from shipyard without the use of a luck elixir?
The more I play STS games, the more I feel odds are stacked against us to promote spending money.

Is it even possible to see a pink in sl?

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Actually yes my redtailed friend.. i myself got a guttersnipe from mf boss drop and have been there several times when people with no luck has received pink drops from mf boss.
As for the hive i have seen 2 so far drop while no on has any elixirs going. I am actually begenning to believe luck elixirs have no effect on drops other than the reroll.
I have seen both so i cannot say if luck is actually helping people get pinks. But i have also learned continious farming runs lasting over an hour has a good chance o producing something worth while. (Most of the time unless you like me then may take a month or two :p)

Akaee
07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
I had pinks drop and seen pinks drop on others without enhancer so yes u can!

akfury
07-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Its possible fox just me and you very unlucky

Cero
07-26-2012, 02:47 AM
The first guttersniper in SL was aquired without ML

blurryeyes
07-26-2012, 02:50 AM
yes i seen pink drop to someone without elixir, it was a primed tempest coil

Cephei
07-26-2012, 03:43 AM
I got These pink phased injectors without enhancer too.
It was after 4 runs xd

Flowman
07-26-2012, 04:13 AM
I am actually begenning to beleive luck elixirs have no effect on drops other than the reroll.

um...duh?

lol sorry dude but that was always pretty obvious I thought...all the elixir does is generate numbers to decide if you have a chance to spin the drop wheel again...in the case of miners luck, you will every time. If drops go 1-100 in order of 1 being the worst and 100 being the best and you spin a 88, you get item 88. If items 85-96 are purples and 90-100 are pinks and you have a luck elixir when you roll that 78, you then roll again for only numbers 97-100.

*Note the numbers are examples. The real system is much more complicated.

"luck" is 100% helping people. It's a mathematical fact.

PianoWizzy
07-26-2012, 05:58 AM

I'm in this club too.

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 06:02 AM

I'm in this club too.
Same here

KillaSkillz
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
I've been on a miners and not gotten a drop at all, and a guy in the group, got a pink without a reroll, he was on a multi enhancer, maybe even the free daily, but it didnt reroll and he still got pink.

I've gotten a nova without a reroll off of MF but i was also on a free daily. I dont think it changes anything though without the reroll.

Its like what has been said before above. There is a small window for a pink drop regardless, the enhancer helps, but first you have to get a drop, and it has to be a natural purple for it to reroll into pink. I am not seeing double rerolls with bigger luck and enhancer.

For what i have spent on miners luck, for the two fused flux cannons i did get, i could have just spent that plat on credits and bought two different ones from AH for the same plat cost and saved the time and disappointment of no drops at all from the queen of the hive.

These legendaries have a bigger window on the roll than the vanities do (exception the classic vanities which i think are about the same) but they are harder to get than the shipyard legendaries because of the amount of no drops from the queen and getting the one you are looking for seems to be really hard because there are so many, unlike shipyard.

Kanozaki
07-26-2012, 07:45 AM
um...duh?

lol sorry dude but that was always pretty obvious I thought...all the elixir does is generate numbers to decide if you have a chance to spin the drop wheel again...in the case of miners luck, you will every time. If drops go 1-100 in order of 1 being the worst and 100 being the best and you spin a 88, you get item 88. If items 85-96 are purples and 90-100 are pinks and you have a luck elixir when you roll that 78, you then roll again for only numbers 97-100.

*Note the numbers are examples

Yes , many people gotten pinks with out re rolling ( aka help from elexirs ) how ever miners help so much as the window for a purple is so much bigger than a window for pink . The reason not many people get pinks in hive is because not every one gets a drop in the first place

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I am actually begenning to beleive luck elixirs have no effect on drops other than the reroll.

um...duh?

*Note the numbers are examples

Roflmao... Give me a break on my spelling and grammar it was 2am when i was writting that... What i was meaning to say is it only gives you a chance at a re-roll which seem to be as rare as obtain the pink. I do not see the point to miner's luck when you can get a 30 min +25% for 2 platinum. So wow for 8 more platinum you get a 5% better chance of obtaining a re-roll of which you only get maybe once or twice per run. For me i just do not see the point of buying that elixir as overall it may only increase your chances 3% to 10% of obtaining a pink. The best buy was the bigger luck antennas, Hehe.
I do understand the re-roll can get you a pink but i also think the table is much different than the mf boss drops from shipyards. If on a table of 1 to 100 like you say pinks would be 99 or 100 in hive where as mf may have been 90 to 100. Also 1 to 10 in hive is no drop at all. I feel that this is a good thing as it should be very rare to get a legendary weapon otherwise what is the point of calling it a very rare to ultra rare drop.
For me i use bigger luck antennas which is similar to miner's luck elixir or at least close to. I just an unlucky nerdy commando that loves the challenge of trying to get these rare pinks and mythical vanties. :p

Flowman
07-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes , many people gotten pinks with out re rolling ( aka help from elexirs ) how ever miners help so much as the window for a purple is so much bigger than a window for pink . The reason not many people get pinks in hive is because not every one gets a drop in the first place

Elixirs do not increase chances of getting a non-rerolled pink (aka just an actual pink drop by itself). The elixir is not a "luck" elixir like the title says, but rather a guaranteed re-roll.

You do not re-roll at random, you always roll up. If your original drop was a white, your new rerolled drop table includes only oranges. If your original drop was orange; green. If green; purple. If Purple; you're getting a pink. This is why you don't see all that many purple drops from the queen without the elixir. They made them extra hard to obtain because they know that people will use the elixirs to get a pink from the re-roll. It's why shards were so common in Dark Legends...It's why the Pets from Voleria were so common for a while. You see tons of purple drops with no elixir from the normal mobs because they do not have a pink in their drop tables. That's why when you DO have the elixir and you get a purple drop from a mob, sometimes you don't see the re-roll message. That's because you rolled that purple by itself, and it has no where else to increase.

But yes you are right about the purple window being bigger, as I just explained.

Roflmao... Give me a break on my spelling and grammar it was 2am when i was writting that... What i was meaning to say is it only gives you a chance at a re-roll which seem to be as rare as obtain the pink. I do not see the point to miner's luck when you can get a 30 min +25% for 2 platinum. So wow for 8 more platinum you get a 5% better chance of obtaining a re-roll of which you only get maybe once or twice per run. For me i just do not see the point of buying that elixir as overall it may only increase your chances 3% to 10% of obtaining a pink. The best buy was the bigger luck antennas, Hehe.
I do understand the re-roll can get you a pink but i also think the table is much different than the mf boss drops from shipyards. If on a table of 1 to 100 like you say pinks would be 99 or 100 in hive where as mf may have been 90 to 100. Also 1 to 10 in hive is no drop at all. I feel that this is a good thing as it should be very rare to get a legendary weapon otherwise what is the point of calling it a very rare to ultra rare drop.
For me i use bigger luck antennas which is similar to miner's luck elixir or at least close to. I just an unlucky nerdy commando that loves the challenge of trying to get these rare pinks and mythical vanties. :p

Read what I just posted to Kano. I don't think you understand how Miner's Luck works. Luck increase and re-rolls are entirely different. A 25% chance to re-roll to better items is a 1 in 4 shot on each drop which is "luck"....Miner's Luck is a 100% chance to re-roll to a better item. There's no "chance" there, it's guaranteed.

Growwle
07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Definitely have not seen pinks drop in Hive for people that do not use elixers.

TsunamiTheClown
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Flow has nailed the Luck Elixir definition. +1

And Test, i myself have gotten a pink without a lixer from Core when the new pets were Pink drops rather than Purples (the ones with the names i cant spell, blackie and greenie). But they were dropping mostly from chests and we were rushing the room with chests and were getting a high rate of occurrence so I think from like 200-300 chest chances I only say one Pink with out a lixer.

But all that is probably a pointless conclusion cause I have a feeling that the loot tables were rigged to drop those pets more frequently. I think that is something that is also a variable that we may be omitting in the discussion. I propose that the drop rate for a given set of legendary items is not a constant. I have always believed that the Devs have their hand on the drop rate of new items and play with the actual drop chance according to their own devices. IE. items may drop more liberally at first then taper off.

Just my two cents...

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Cool flow... I have misunderstood miner's luck then. Hmm.. wonder if i run with my bigger luck antennas and miner's luck at same time would that pink almost be a sure thing or does the miner's luck simply cancel out bigger luck anntenas as you would only get the better of the two luck increases.

Back to original question have seen pink drops? Simply put my friendly fox i think we all answered yes lol.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Well, that was a HUGE waste of time lol.

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Cool flow... I have misunderstood miner's luck then. Hmm.. wonder if i run with my bigger luck antennas and miner's luck at same time would that pink almost be a sure thing or does the miner's luck simply cancel out bigger luck anntenas as you would only get the better of the two luck increases.

Okay flow i just did an eperiment and i may have found a bug.. i ran with both miner's luck and bigger luck anntennas no rerolls and i was still getting greens and golds from chests. I ran a couple of runs without the anntenas and miner's luck only and again no rerolls and chests still giving me golds. This was all in hive. So if miner's luck is 100% chance reroll does this mean it is bugged since again i am not getting rerolls except every once in awhile? I ran other maps as well and still the same result only one or two rerolls with miners luck as it is acting like the +25% elixir for me. This is the reason i have had the opinion that miner's luck was basically useless for me. Curious to know if others seeing this same problem.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Are you 100% positive you bought Miners Elixir? Because when I was doing the Hive with Miners I rerolled on every single drop with the exception of the direct purples from the mobs. But I also did not use Big Luck. If the system is coded correctly, the two should have no direct effect on eachother, as they act on different parts of the drop wheel.

It's the one that currently costs 10 plat in the store, I know I almost bought the 25% elixir ones by accident.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Double posting incase you're typing a response and you won't see the edit:

There is also a chance that STS simply writes off "luck" as a chance to reroll. Do you ever get rerolls with ONLY Big luck?

HunterSLAYER
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I've got rerolls without enhancers before.
I kid you not.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I kid you not.

Unless you were using Big Luck (which would mean that the luck increase on it is actually just for rerolling) you did not reroll without some form of enhancer. It's impossible unless there's another item that increases luck. If Big Luck does in fact cause rerolls, then one would assume it could very well cancel out the elixir effect, meaning STS owes people a lot of plat back :o

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Are you 100% positive you bought Miners Elixir? Because when I was doing the Hive with Miners I rerolled on every single drop with the exception of the direct purples from the mobs. But I also did not use Big Luck. If the system is coded correctly, the two should have no direct effect on eachother, as they act on different parts of the drop wheel.

It's the one that currently costs 10 plat in the store, I know I almost bought the 25% elixir ones by accident.

Absolutely sure bro.. hehe yes it is miner's luck for 10 platinum.. as now you understand why my opinion of the miner's luck is that it is a waste of platinum.
I may have some weird combination of items that is causing this or at least i thought. I empty all inventory except for items i am using and i run maps and still only see a reroll once or twice and still get greens and some purples from mobs.
I am going to send this along to devs i am sure somehow miner's luck is not working right in hive or at least not working right for me.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Just found out that Bigger Luck is actually just another Re-Roll chance....so you can ignore almost everything I said about how Bigger Luck works.
This means it very well could cancel out the effects of Miners and STS would owe you a LOT of plat back for not properly explaining that, or for it being a bug.

What a shame, there were so many better possibilities for Bigger Luck. Time to go erase my entire post.

Xaphan Fox
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
So it seems the verdict is I am able to get a pink based on actual luck.
Thanks community
Woofles

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 11:33 AM
So it seems the verdict is I am able to get a pink based on actual luck.
Thanks community
Woofles

Lol yes

Ps. @flow later i am going to stash big luck and run only miner's see if that helps. If it does correct then that would be a fix for this weird bug i am experiencing. I have ran with it equipped and unequipped same results so maybe simply having it in inventory is causing problem.

KillaSkillz
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I've been running with miners and bigger luck. At least for me, it rerolls like the miners every time and I always get purples. The exception is the straight purples from the mobs that drop and do not reroll. It never rerolls twice. This leads me to believe the miners overrides the bigger luck.

i've never had it drop green using miners and bigger luck in the hive, the exception to that is those 2 boxes that can drop whites amd yellows. I dont open them, just because in my opinion nothing good ever comes from those boxes, and I would rather avoid those 3 vol armor dogs then to kill them.

I dont see an issue with the miners and bigger luck from my experiences with both, although I would love it if it rerolled twice :)

TsunamiTheClown
07-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I kid you not.

Thats just crazy talk XD

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I've been running with miners and bigger luck. At least for me, it rerolls like the miners every time and I always get purples. The exception is the straight purples from the mobs that drop and do not reroll. It never rerolls twice. This leads me to believe the miners overrides the bigger luck.

i've never had it drop green using miners and bigger luck in the hive, the exception to that is those 2 boxes that can drop whites amd yellows. I dont open them, just because in my opinion nothing good ever comes from those boxes, and I would rather avoid those 3 vol armor dogs then to kill them.

I dont see an issue with the miners and bigger luck from my experiences with both, although I would love it if it rerolled twice :)

See that is what i was expecting in result for me.. the problem is i have NEVER seen a re-roll message. So i stashed antennas and used miner's only and still i do not see the re-roll message. I am not sure miner's is properly working for me in the hive map so i posted a thread in sl tech n bug discussion to see if a dev can look into this for me.

Ark
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes I have saw my friend got a pink without using any enhancers and he is only level 40. He got two pinks actually..

Flowman
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Iron stupid question, but do you keep the chat box at only 1 line?

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Iron stupid question, but do you keep the chat box at only 1 line?

Lol friend not a stupid question and i understand what you are getting at. No i thought same thing so i ran with it fully open to see as many lines as possible and still i do not see the re-roll for me but have seen it for others. I am just at the conclussion either miner's is not working for me at all or i just very unlucky and land in the middle of drop tables all the time where a re-roll still results in an item of the same color and that is why i am not getting the re-roll message.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Lol friend not a stupid question and i understand what you are getting at. No i thought same thing so i ran with it fully open to see as many lines as possible and still i do not see the re-roll for me but have seen it for others. I am just at the conclussion either miner's is not working for me at all or i just very unlucky and land in the middle of drop tables all the time where a re-roll still results in an item of the same color and that is why i am not getting the re-roll message.

You will always reroll up, Drew found the link for me. It's impossible to reroll the same color unless it's a purple dropped from a mob with no pink on it's drop table.
Come on and do some runs with me, I wanna see.

EDIT: Actually no dont, I'm gonna leave :p

Dragonrider023
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm in this club too.

me too

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM

You will always reroll up, Drew found the link for me. It's impossible to reroll the same color unless it's a purple dropped from a mob with no pink on it's drop table.
Come on and do some runs with me, I wanna see.

EDIT: Actually no dont, I'm gonna leave :p

I will catch with you later my friend so u can see what i mean, maybe i just nuts. No wait that would be a stompy squirrel we know okay i just crazy. No that not right either that would be a fun fox we know. I got i just an old seanile gamer with extreme short term memory loss. Hehe.

Libertie
07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Pardon me for being a noob but what exactly are the bigger luck antennae? I've never seen this item, where did it come from?

Also: daily enhancer and multi enhancer both give luck boosts, just not 100% like the actual luck enhancers. It's possible to reroll with these, just not every time.

PianoWizzy
07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
See that is what i was expecting in result for me.. the problem is i have NEVER seen a re-roll message. So i stashed antennas and used miner's only and still i do not see the re-roll message. I am not sure miner's is properly working for me in the hive map so i posted a thread in sl tech n bug discussion to see if a dev can look into this for me.

Big Luck or Bigger Luck? If I'm not mistaken only Bigger gets the 25% reroll [which I strongly believe is like 18% at best but better than nothing :P]

KillaSkillz
07-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Bigger luck antenna was a plat store item, for sale around St. Patricks day.
It looks like 2 green clovers on a persons head, and floats off four leaf clovers. People got little luck by waving at people with bigger luck. I think in PL there is a big, and a bigger luck.

I am pretty sure the chance to reroll is less than 25%, but I do not know exactly how low its chance is that it will reroll.

I farm with it sometimes on the lower levels, for level 10-30 green gear.

TsunamiTheClown
07-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Bigger lick antenna...

Where can i get me one of these? 8*D

Mitchturbo
07-27-2012, 01:41 AM
bigger luck is around 15% reroll chance.

gison
07-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I've seen a bunch of people drop a pink without any luck enchancer/ clover thingy.
So yea. It's possible :)

HunterSLAYER
07-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Thats just crazy talk XD

No i'm being serious.I really got rerolls without enhancers before just that the chance for rerolls without enhancers is lower than 1%.

See Gison's post.

:)

TsunamiTheClown
07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
No i'm being serious.I really got rerolls without enhancers before just that the chance for rerolks without enhancers is lower than 1%.

See Gison's post.

wow. i don't know what to think.

Seiyen
07-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Well i have seen many pink drops without elixers so yea its possible

Deathpunch
07-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Pardon me for being a noob but what exactly are the bigger luck antennae? I've never seen this item, where did it come from?

Also: daily enhancer and multi enhancer both give luck boosts, just not 100% like the actual luck enhancers. It's possible to reroll with these, just not every time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/425765e5-0f64-d897.jpg

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.