PDA

View Full Version : i would like to see some form of "light saber"

elitephoenix
07-26-2012, 03:17 AM
this is a space/scifi game and i think perhaps adding a "light saber" of some sort would be awsome and open up a whole new inventory of items even if its just different colors i hope atleast one dev will read this and consider making what i think would be an epic update

Corpser
07-26-2012, 05:31 AM
a light saber is copyrighted but some sort of melee weapon would be good maybe? i dont know what use would melee be? we probably wouldn't even use it cause it would be so useless im for having more weapons in the game but melee seems pointless

Flashgunner
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
this is a space/scifi game and i think perhaps adding a "light saber" of some sort would be awsome and open up a whole new inventory of items even if its just different colors i hope atleast one dev will read this and consider making what i think would be an epic update

The "Lightsaber" name is owned by Star Wars, and you just can't throw in another class of weapons, it'll brake Blackstar before you know it, plus it would cause the monsters to be one-hit killed. So no.

Skeletonlord
07-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I like the idea, but we cannot use a lightsaber. Maybe something similar, with flashy lights.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Just call it a beam sword.
Same thing as lightsaber, but a name that won't get them in trouble.

Look at the Chainsaw rifle vs. The Lancer from Gears of War.

Flashgunner
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM

I guess lol yes, he's right a beam sword... what if someone already trademarked and copyrighted the name?

Battlegrinder
07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
They could maybe add a vanity shield that looks like a laser sword (or a 40k style Chainsaw sword), but I don't think STS will be adding in melee combat into Star Legends.

Flowman
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I guess lol yes, he's right a beam sword... what if someone already trademarked and copyrighted the name?

doubtful. A Lightsaber is a proper noun. A beam sword is not.

Asavadale
07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Ive played Super Smash Bros. And theres a purple sword called "Beam Sword" So umm yeah lol ._.

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Ive played Super Smash Bros. And theres a purple sword called "Beam Sword" So umm yeah lol ._.
Who says they copyrighted it? Who copyrighted the word tissue? Who copyrighted the name banana? To me, they are just names. I don't care at all about copyright unless it's impersonation like ID theft.

Otukura
07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
The "Lightsaber" name is owned by Star Wars

It isn't. Did research on it a year or so back.

KillaSkillz
08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
The npc's in numa already have them to cut rocks. My guess is the range of motion is difficult to develop (although STS has capability as demonstrated in DL with the two handed weapons)
Seems like they have the ingredients to make it happen.....

Cero
08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/558333f8.jpg

its more like a bat than a sword.. i think

iAmPain
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
how many thread has been made about this "Light Saber"?

c'mon guys, if you're an operative, would you like to run across the map while the turrets/mobs are firing at ya?

i don't thing so.think about it bro.. that would be a massacre

KillaSkillz
08-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Maybe so, but if for no other reason, it could spice up pvp a bit.

Libertie
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Plasma Sword. I've seen people get away with stuff like that countless times. Call it something different and it can look however you want it to look.

Deathpunch
08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Fairly sure that the devs have been tossing around the idea for melee since the numa update, I vaguely remember someone saying something about it being a possibility in a future update. But that was quite awhile ago.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

iAmPain
08-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe so, but if for no other reason, it could spice up pvp a bit.

True Story

Light Saber User: Let's see what you got! Go!!!

Gun User: derp derp.. (My very first Light Saber user kill xD woot!) Go :cheerful:*aims at him* ..Headshot

The End