PDA

View Full Version : Archers Break Armour not working?

Splurd
04-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I maxed break armour. Seemed like a good spell.

Break Armor (Reduce your targets armor) Cost 25, Reduce targets armour, -10 per rank.

at lvl 5, -50 armour. sounds painful.

However it doesnt work.

Tried on various monsters (and bosses)
My arrows do around 40 damage, 80 if I crit.
after using break armour on a monster, the damage remains the same. no change.

Is this a bug? or is it supposed to work differently?

Can a dev reply, so I decide to continue spamming it or simply respec.

_ck
04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm wondering about this as well.

I just did a little lap around the first Forest Haven level to see what kind of damage my skills do, and Break Armor (at 5/5 as well) does absolutely nothing to these weak zombies. All I hear is a sound which is more like a miss/deflection clink sound, I see the blue stars and they look dizzy for a moment, but they lose no health nor does the subsequent shot do significantly more damage whether it is a regular shot or a Blast Shot.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, at first I thought maybe those zombies had 0 defence already, but even high level mobs dont get affected by it.

Half thinking to respec and test out other skills.

_ck
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM
I'd say it's better to wait and see what the developers say, there's gotta be something not right about this that they can fix, or I'm completely misunderstanding this skill.

Azrael
04-21-2010, 04:17 AM
have any other classes noticed this? Are hell scream, Nightmare and Weakness (AoE Enchantress debuffs) working?

_ck
04-21-2010, 06:02 AM
I did another "test run" through Forest Haven Level 1 and noticed that Avian Scream doesn't seem to work properly either. I only have it at 2/5 skill points but the only times it worked was when the zombie was practically in the same spot as me. The Shattering Scream by comparison seemed to have the appropriate AoE effect (as I believe both of them should have) at just 1/5 skill points.

On top of that, I have noticed especially since the last patch that I every now and then miss when I use the Blast Shot. Not miss as in it says so in text above the bad guy, but I shoot it off yet nothing happens to the target, there's no blast effect or boom sound, yet I lose mana and it goes on a cooldown. This has happened when I'm within range and with a clear path to the target. Unlike the Avian Scream and Break Armor it does work most of the time though, but still enough to make me wonder if something isn't being screwy, especially if some other skills aren't functioning.

Druc
04-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I've seen the same problem with blast shot since the last patch as well.

When using blast shot at a distance (but not too far of a distance since the auto-attack is enabled) it doesn't work. No drop in health of the target or any chests in it's vicinity open. It works fine at a closer range like it should but it seems the distance has been dropped.

_ck
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I've seen the same problem with blast shot since the last patch as well.

When using blast shot at a distance (but not too far of a distance since the auto-attack is enabled) it doesn't work. No drop in health of the target or any chests in it's vicinity open. It works fine at a closer range like it should but it seems the distance has been dropped.

Good to hear. Not that there's a bug, but that I'm not crazy for thinking it wasn't working properly.

Now we just gotta flag down some developers. *waves*

Xervitude
04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Good to hear. Not that there's a bug, but that I'm not crazy for thinking it wasn't working properly.

Now we just gotta flag down some developers. *waves*

*waves arms* Helllloooooo! I have noticed both these issues as well :)

Futumsh
04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Confirmed - this bug will be fixed in the next content update. Statistic modifying abilities were not applying correctly to creatures.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Whoopie.

-50 armour sounds awesomely imba on bosses.