PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam???

andy666
07-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Hey all.

The guy saying i will work for you for 50k.

Is he a scam?

Is it a scam that is used alot?

Fao
07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
It's most likely a scam, if you pay him he will probably take the money and run:/

Chopper
07-26-2012, 09:31 AM
i hope he means, in game, and not real life ha ha

i guess you can tell him to follow you around and give you all his drops and pay him $1k instalments each 5-10 runs or so. I dunno what else he could do.

vampinoy
07-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks like a scam to me :P If I see him in-game, I'll try to make him expound on his proposition to find out more details...so you can make a more detailed report :P

Stephencobear
07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Tell him that the work you have in mind,
is for him to earn you 60k and split profits with me. ;)

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Find out if he mows lawns?

Paar
07-26-2012, 10:56 AM
If he does gutters, I'd pay 100.

Fyrce
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Various people do this in various games. It can be a scam if you pay in advance. As someone else mentioned, try installment payments, if you want to do something like this. There seriously are people who enjoy being slavish.

Worship
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
If he does gutters, I'd pay 100.
Haha! You always have the best things to say :D

Various people do this in various games. It can be a scam if you pay in advance. As someone else mentioned, try installment payments, if you want to do something like this. There seriously are people who enjoy being slavish.
Usually the scammers expect getting paid in advance. If they are actually wanting to 'work' (which I still don't know what kind of work there is) then they will have the trust to expect you to pay them after they do their job..

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
99% the time if you have to ask if it's a scam, I'd say it's a scam

MightyMicah
07-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Lol I wouldn't call it a "scam." Scams have some thought put into them, unlike this one. lol this guy is just a goon looking for free money. How is he supposed to "work" for you anyways? lol. Usually, in this situation, I give them 5-10k and tell them to go hunt down some random person and bring him to me.

Iron Hand
07-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes probably is a scam unfortunately it gives the honest people who do sell services such as running with you in maps to help you level for a bit of gold. If it is an honest person they should help you first then expect payment. Of course there are those that will not pay either lol. It is a catch 22 in these mmo games that makes it hard to decipher what is or is not a scam. I have just learned to always go with this reply "No thanks but i greatly appreciate the offer and you asking me." Kind respectful to others and keeps me from becoming a victum. Just some friendly advice but it is up to you just be leery and careful.

andy666
07-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys next time i will report. :)

nomad187
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys next time i will report. :)

Report what?? Here is the definition of a scam...

scam [skæm] Slang
n
a stratagem for gain; a swindle
vb scams, scamming, scammed
(tr) to swindle (someone) by means of a trick.

This person is offering a service. Lets use an example. You tell him you'd like him to find you a blue dragon armor for 2m. He then brings you a blue dragon armor a couple days later. You pay him $2,050,000. Then he didn't scam you.

If you pay him up front, then that's on you. If he took the 50k, and disappeared, then you could argue scam.

If you go to trade window, then they switch items after you confirm, that is a scam. This shouldn't happen now with the way trades are done now.

At this point you are assuming you will get scammed. This person may not be scamming people. I feel you shouldn't report unless you actually were scammed.