PDA

View Full Version : Nuri's Revamp, "new dungeon", and this 1 week elixir.

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
So apparently Nuri's Hallows went from killing my mage with the ungodly one-shot combo to being easier than AO3.
I'm serious.
I kill those mobs with 2 skills and I'm not on elixirs.

Definitely, Glyph/Demonic and L56 will drop A LOT.
My level 56 bird can SOLO Nuri's without elixirs, and he's in sewer gear.
-----
There is confusion about this new pink and purples dungeon.
IT IS NOT OUT YET.
THE NEW PINKS ARE NOT OUT YET.
The turnstile dungeon, I assume, will be something advanced like the Elite Tiki Boss in Humania.

------
So they have this 1-week 2x elixir thing.

A few thoughts.
It sounds like the elixir is on for one week, regardless of if you're dungeoning or not. I assume this is true, because having 7 x 24 hours of 2x EXP that is STACKABLE with a Thrasher for only 80 Plat does not seem plausible.

and yeah, it stacks with Thrash, so 8X elixir.
70-71 = 12.5k EXP, weee.

Buttons for the Olympics also came out, and I didn't even know the Olympics started.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 11:40 AM
I think the lowered difficulty was a smart move as I've personally seen many people get discouraged in PUG's.
I'll try it out more before I can say any more.
Edit: I watched the Olympic trials. It's now in London.

GoodSyntax
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
I can confirm that the mobs and even bosses have been nerfed in Nuri's.

I can easily solo these maps now - elixir free, while before, it was WAY more challenging with my Pally.

If only the pink drop rate were increased (I have heard rumors that may happen in a future update).

NotYoCookiez
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Saw weapon wood and plate scrap drop so far, no pinks

Chopper
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Im glad i sold all my scraps before for good prices before this update.

Will be farming to see if any pink items finally drop in Nuri's just so i can say i finally got a pink drop in that campaign. ha

MightyMicah
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm glad nuri's is easier than Ao3. Honestly I haven't tried it yet, and I'm somewhat in doubt about this crazy statement. But even if it is true, I'm glad. Maybe some people will actually play there now.

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I did almost two entire full Nuri campaign runs. I had to solo the Snakecharmer in the end and it was still challenging. As for increased pink drops, I'm still trying to see at least one today.
Overall Nuri is more fun than it used to be. I might actually craft some armor now.

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I hope the new pinks are 60 only and don't go trashing the current PvP balance.

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I agree nuris is funner now finally soloed Gustav haha also the gold from liquidating isn't to bad;-)

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I can 2 shot Alien Oasis III mobs and 3 shot Nuri's hallows mobs, it's rather ok-ish if you ask me (omniscient bird)

NotYoCookiez
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Update, saw glyph blade steel drop in run to my bud. No lix was used in any runs.

Things are Deff gonna fall within weeks big time

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Update, saw glyph blade steel drop in run to my bud. No lix was used in any runs.

Things are Deff gonna fall within weeks big time
Good!

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 03:26 PM
That's the third glyph blade I've heard of today so far, first two a couple of my guildees got. Guess materials are dropping more then pinks though I did see a nuris staff drop

nmyxspaceship
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I love the update. Not even Because I want more pinks. I just love the ease of play and leveling. You're able to enjoy the campaign. Nuris madness was enjoyable lol.

LwMark
07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I can think of some glyph collectors who spent good money on these rare glyph an will probably be upset :/

Cahaun
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I almost lvl'd up to 61 doing Nuri's Madness with nothing but greens :p I'm more motivated at getting the gear at the circus!

I can think of some glyph collectors who spent good money on these rare glyph an will probably be upset :/
Well they should've known it'd be nerfed sooner or later. Think of it this way: at least they were able to have them before anyone else now has a chance at farming them in PUG's. ;)

Floating
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Time to restart pl @.@ PEW PEE nuris IM COOOOOOMING

McBain
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this "turnstile" dungeon? I won't be able to log on myself until later to check it out.

Edit: Oh, just re-read Whirl's post. So this new dungeon isn't in the game yet? Weird that it was mentioned in the patch notes if that's the case.

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM

I can think of a LOT of X collectors who spent good money on Y that were upset when something in the market caused it to crash. Easy recent example is the Blue Ocean Diamond, or even the Level 65 sets that crashed when the Angel Gear was released, but it is just a fact of life in PL.

McBain
07-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Yep, the value of anything can crash in an instant. The perils of being a merch and/or collector.

furryfighter
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I got a lvl 56 nuri eye pink ofcXD I heard nothing of glyph dropping so far:P

LwMark
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Of course it would be changed eventually, never thought it wouldnt, thats y i sold my stuff asap, im just tryin to say it stinks for players who spent 15+ on these. Imo its a big diffrence from payin 1m a ocean

Gaunab
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Decreased difficulty and increased crafting components droprate sounds great!

I hope that the glyph droprate hasn't increased tho, not because it would tear down the prices but since that would propably ruin 55/56 Sewer PvP...

Otukura
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I hope that the glyph droprate hasn't increased tho, not because it would tear down the prices but since that would propably ruin 55/56 Sewer PvP...

Says the 56 mace user... :rolleyes:

I posted this in the announcement thread, but I'll post it here as well. I REALLY hope demonic sets don't become shoved aside because of the new gear. Making them equal in stats would be awesome, imo.

Gaunab
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
I posted this in the announcement thread, but I'll post it here as well. I REALLY hope demonic sets don't become shoved aside because of the new gear. Making them equal in stats would be awesome, imo.

Says the Demonic Set user... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess we both are not 100% objective, but I still love Sewer PvP (55 mage and bird) and you propably have a point as well. :D

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 06:47 PM
I can think of a LOT of X collectors who spent good money on Y that were upset when something in the market caused it to crash. Easy recent example is the Blue Ocean Diamond, or even the Level 65 sets that crashed when the Angel Gear was released, but it is just a fact of life in PL.

@Fluff:
3 words. 2010 Halloween Rares

@McBain: No, the dungeon is not in game yet.
Patch notes said "celebrating the arrival of the new turnstile dungeon and suite of pinks/purples..."
Means it will arrive soon.
I also have the theory that regular Nuri's was re-balanced to EZ MODEEEEE because if it wasn't, this new "turnstile dungeon" would be more difficult than the Humania Elite Boss.
I assume that the turnstile dungeon will be a little harder than pre-nerf Nuri's.

But hey, it's Ancient Swamps all over again. Sorta.

@Otukaru:

I suspect the new pinks are just new pink weapons that are better than the Demonic weapons.
That way the currently overpriced Demonic weapons/shields will drop and allow for the armors/helms to rise a bit.

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Someone told me in game that level 56/58 glyph items will not increase. Just 60 and the crafting components.

Ps - he said he got an email from the devs

Noodleleg
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Why don't you guys email the devs yourself? Guarantee you'll get a "No, consult the forums." It's what I did.

NotYoCookiez
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Someone told me in game that level 56/58 glyph items will not increase. Just 60 and the crafting components.

If 60 drops then the other levels are affected too. I think, it would make more sense that way.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Imagine an elite glyph long bow O_o I'd laugh if they do add that

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 07:10 PM

If 60 drops then the other levels are affected too. I think, it would make more sense that way.Maybe. Don't hold me too anything since this could just be a rumor lol

Edit: remember when fang first came out? that alone shows that different levels of an item can have a different drop rate.

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Maybe. Don't hold me too anything since this could just be a rumor lol

Edit: remember when fang first came out? that alone shows that different levels of an item can have a different drop rate.
Yep.

I can also notice a significant difference in L21 Pinks and L25 Pinks from SSC.

Zeus
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
No L56 glyph pinks have been entering the market. Does that say anything regarding drop rates?

imaddictedtoPL
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Edit

Otukura
07-26-2012, 09:35 PM
No L56 glyph pinks have been entering the market. Does that say anything regarding drop rates?

I'd post a screen of one dropping, but you'd call it photoshopped. I don't think rates were raised, just the sheer number of runs now is going to bring new ones in.

JaytB
07-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Wait until the new items will start dropping there, the 7 day leveling elix is gone and people are capped or bored of Humania. I bet a whole lot more nuri's farming will happen, even given the current surge.

If that means 56 glyphs will finally reappear into the market? Not sure, but I'd say chances are reasonable. It's clear devs don't want nuri's to be forgotten. People complained about how hard the campaign was, it's made easier today. People also complained a lot about glyph drops, so it might be reasonable to expect change in that regard too.

And of course, there's always the chance this new gear will be as good, if not better than current glyph stuff.

I guess, we'll find out soon enough. I just don't think we should jump to conclusions just yet :)

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 09:45 PM
I may sound biased saying this since I have scaled glyph items but I do not think they should increase the rate of scaled glyph items. These are one of the few items that allow 'rich' players to spend a big chunk of their gold so they are not hoarding millions of gold.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I may sound biased saying this since I have scaled glyph items but I do not think they should increase the rate of scaled glyph items. These are one of the few items that allow 'rich' players to spend a big chunk of their gold so they are not hoarding millions of gold.The only ones that should be changed are level 60 Slightly

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I may sound biased saying this since I have scaled glyph items but I do not think they should increase the rate of scaled glyph items. These are one of the few items that allow 'rich' players to spend a big chunk of their gold so they are not hoarding millions of gold.The only ones that should be changed are level 60 Slightlymy exact thought. 60's and the crafting components.

springtime
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I am confused...with the exception of humania ( which I think has a death rate that is much to high for such a lame map) every new map was put out at the exact right level of difficulty. Groups were formed, we learned how to run each level, farm, etc. Then when a new map comes out the level of difficulty changes and it is no longer fun. Nuri was impossible and now it is ridiculous. Why does this happen? I think the whole game has to be revamped. Sts can't change nuri to make it easier then the sewers! I don't think that anyone is really paying attention to the original plan for pocket legends...it seems like band aides are being placed all over the place and the focus is on elixers and other money making areas. Sts please take a look at the whole game and maybe think about tweaking it so it flows better together.