PDA

View Full Version : Stars SET bonus "particles"

TANKKAAR
07-26-2012, 11:40 AM
So I wanted to know what you all think about the "Improved humania set bonus particles"?

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/Stars.png

My opinion:
TBH, I actually think they are cool and give a different look to crafted set bonus aura (which was needed) but they get to big at the top and kind of get annoying when you have several people in the same area with this "bonus".

My suggestion:
Keep the stars as they look good and give a different look and feel to the new crafted sets but make the stars so they dont expand as they get rise above your head and just stay one consistent size ;)

On a side note:

Did the skill damage get increased back up on the crafted dex set? I know that it was reduced at one point (I assume because its a defensive bonus) but im happy that it has damage and defensive again because imo it sucked knowing my crafted had less damage then the tiki non craftable set

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/Skilldamage.png

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
The last part, que?

CrimsonTider
07-26-2012, 01:07 PM
As I told Stank in game, I like the stars: reminds me of the Gurgox Hammer set bonus. ;)

As for the stats change, did you notice it for just damage and armor or did other stats change as well?

TANKKAAR
07-26-2012, 01:12 PM
As I told Stank in game, I like the stars: reminds me of the Gurgox Hammer set bonus. ;)

As for the stats change, did you notice it for just damage and armor or did other stats change as well?

I think it was just skill damage.. But i cant find my screenie of skill before

demoncrate
07-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Sold my diamond. Got the staff set complete (YaY { not really [my first set though so]} Yay)

I expected to to look awesome, beyond my wildest imaginations. I expected to say 'Meh' when I stood beside a person with a glyph set (with an uncrafted staff set {yeh right]).

I don't look as awesome as I hoped. In fact I don't look like a 'G' at all.

I am really sick and have nothing better to do than make elongated forum posts which do get the point across but are in fact too elongated.
P.S has anyone figured out my sig yet?
Go Obama

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I would like stars plus smoke. Yeah, I said it, I am greedy.

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Anyone think of upgraded stars from lvl35 sets? I still think the best looking sets are demonic and fang. I was hoping it'd be more smoke again like the un crafted lvl70 wand.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 01:39 PM
I want one that looks like when a target is hit by drain life, but blue

xcainnblecterx
07-26-2012, 01:44 PM
I know the set stands out though, I had just got in balefort when this big flash and purple and a bunch bright colors popped up next to me, had to double look for a sec. It was only the new set particles i guess lol

Rauekat
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
The starts look like they are coming from the head of the char. Kind of like pa's memorial cap. It should come form whole body.

Chopper
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Has STS made ANY change to the game that people DIDN'T complain about? Just curious :)

FluffNStuff
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Has STS made ANY change to the game that people DIDN'T complain about? Just curious :)

There was a bug that made it so you could not join friends on your list, and the fix for it got universal support. Other then that, no.

Ortalan
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
One thing I never heard a single complaint about was the original humania set effect! It was very cool. I heard half-a-dozen complaints about the stars within five minutes of logging on after the update. Really... it almost seems to me like the developers are deliberately making the game more goofy and cartoony (see elite pirate ship weapon - uggh)... maybe so we'll go play Arcane Legends instead?

TANKKAAR
07-26-2012, 03:11 PM
One thing I never heard a single complaint about was the original humania set effect! It was very cool. I heard half-a-dozen complaints about the stars within five minutes of logging on after the update. Really... it almost seems to me like the developers are deliberately making the game more goofy and cartoony (see elite pirate ship weapon - uggh)... maybe so we'll go play Arcane Legends instead?

the on thing that I have learned is people dont like change.. I am ok with change and as stated in my OP "I like the stars" they just get in the way and kind annoying in PVP when you have more then 1 crafted set present.

nmyxspaceship
07-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Stars. Never really liked them in the first place. Not saying change is a bad thing it was just a downgrade I think. Im even alright sparkles. Maybe flames an orange aura something like that. Stars.....-_-

TANKKAAR
07-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Stars. Never really liked them in the first place. Not saying change is a bad thing it was just a downgrade I think. Im even alright sparkles. Maybe flames an orange aura something like that. Stars.....-_-

I think stars could look great.... If they were smaller and there were more of them :)

nmyxspaceship
07-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I think it's just a bland effect. It seems like an effect we would see from a big luck or big love sort of thing. Call it star shine.

NotYoCookiez
07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
The Stars are awesome I love em! Only think is the uncrafted set stars are a bit hard to see in maps that are kinda dark colored ):

Yao
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
not feeling the stars at all......not one bit....

and i dont mind change....but change to good that is....to good....

stars?!...mehhhh

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
I would like stars plus smoke. Yeah, I said it, I am greedy.

Stars and stripes anyone?

haha.

I like the blue stars coming from Uncrafted better;/

demoncrate
07-27-2012, 05:34 AM
The Stars are awesome I love em! Only think is the uncrafted set stars are a bit hard to see in maps that are kinda dark colored ):
Well that's what we get for being cheapskates and not grinding for a crafted set.

I don't think stars are awesome at all. They look like a set bonus you would get from AO. I seem to remember a wand with black stars from those maps.

I personally think that effects have become worse over time. Glyph (insanely amazing) - Fang (ok) - Humania (downright mediocre).

Chopper
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Well that's what we get for being cheapskates and not grinding for a crafted set.

I don't think stars are awesome at all. They look like a set bonus you would get from AO. I seem to remember a wand with black stars from those maps.

I personally think that effects have become worse over time. Glyph (insanely amazing) - Fang (ok) - Humania (downright mediocre).

LOL, It's not cheapness, it's the fact that the bonus on the crafted sets are underwhelming and the Tiki sets do a lot more damage (for Birds) so it's more useful to a party to dish out huge damage. Yeah, stars are a bit underwhelming too, but oh well.

demoncrate
07-27-2012, 09:42 AM
LOL, It's not cheapness, it's the fact that the bonus on the crafted sets are underwhelming
YaY. I'm not a cheapskate. Just finished my staff set yesterday.

Rauekat
07-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Picture this: PA's Memorial Cap, The Captain America Shield and a crafted set! o.O So starry!

Suntv
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
stars? should see it in game, but looks ugly so far...

Mothwing
07-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I love it :D I always liked the stars on the Gurgox Set. Something different and unique.

Whirlzap
07-27-2012, 06:32 PM

Maybe they are.
I think they're trying to do something new; we haven't had any floating stars as a set effect yet.

Although it seems like they're not doing so well on their first try.

Nihiliste
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
How about we get a different colored set bonus for each Crafted set? Int would be yellow smoke with yellow sparkles, dex would be green smoke with green sparkles, and str would be blue/purple smoke with sparkles?

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
How about we get a different colored set bonus for each Crafted set? Int would be yellow smoke with yellow sparkles, dex would be green smoke with green sparkles, and str would be blue/purple smoke with sparkles?

Like the idea.

nmyxspaceship
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Star Shine

CrimsonTider
07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Maybe they are.
I think they're trying to do something new; we haven't had any floating stars as a set effect yet.

Although it seems like they're not doing so well on their first try.

Reread what Mothy and I said: Rift set with Gurgox Hammer provides stars. My favorite outside of Demonic.