PDA

View Full Version : VERY Important bugs regarding Skills for each Class! READ!

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Ever since the new patch, we have rather... new consequences of lagging out.

Before the Humania patch, when we lagged out, we would see out Ping raise thousands, maybe even get to 100,000 Ping before a disconnect.
Nowadays, whenever we lag, our ping just completely goes blank and disappears.

(PS: Whenever that happens, I always have a HUGE rage. I'm serious. I go like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU)

Anyways, I noticed from PvPing often that there are a few issues with skills that COULD be affected because of a very small lag spike or simply be a glitch.

1. I first noticed the issue with Mage's Mana Shield, since I myself main a mage.
-There are some instances, (and this is actually pretty common for me/has happened maybe 30 times now), where when you press Mana Shield, the icon/skill goes into cooldown like normal but the shield itself DOES NOT ACTIVATE.

Now, I know how Birds can Blast Shot your shields, but this also happens in PvE too.
I don't know WHY this is happening and has been the cause of many mages' premature deaths. (I'm too young to die D=)

2. Apparently Restore/Replenish for Bird and Bears do not work and there is a glitch over it. A huge pain in the butt as well.

Fix these before adding new content, please STS.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Arrow skills seem more delayed then usual to me, and I don't lag much
Mages firestorm has a delayed repulse

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 07:45 PM
It's just lag for that one.

But yet, sometimes it has a delayed KB (knockback)

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm glad I am not the only one who has had the Ms thing happen.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 10:43 PM
It's just lag for that one.

But yet, sometimes it has a delayed KB (knockback)
Why is it alway arrows and not the other ones then?

WoundedEagle
07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Too bad restore is useless for the most part.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Too bad restore is useless for the most part.
Not for me, it's a big game changer for me as I usually time it (I get 80-120 heal)

TANKKAAR
07-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Why is it alway arrows and not the other ones then?

I agree.... the response time of arrow skills does seem slower.

trunzoc
07-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Not for me, it's a big game changer for me as I usually time it (I get 80-120 heal)

Agreed. I'm a warbird. Heal is vital for fights for me.

That being said, yes, restore is broken atm. Didn;t do squat in PvP last night.

Jcyee
07-27-2012, 10:31 AM
So the mana shield wasnt just me. Lol

Dynastu
07-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Yup. Happens with shield and a Mage's heal. Please do not say, "zomg I thinks u might meanss restooarr." I mean a mage's heal.

And yes, please fix restore, as well.

FluffNStuff
07-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Becon also seems to have a delay. Not sure if it is intended though, since you can trigger at a spot and then move away, and the mobs will pause then fly to that spot, letting you stomp them into the wall.

Whirlzap
07-27-2012, 06:28 PM
This mana shield is annoying me.
Any Devs/Mods want to have a say in this?
I mean, they've been locking threads and stuff, so they obviously have read this thread already.

Maybe they're working on a patch right now.

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Agree on restore.

But the mana sheild has a very slow start up so need to press earlier.

Dynastu
07-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Agree on restore.

But the mana sheild has a very slow start up so need to press earlier.

No, lol. That's not the issue at all. It never comes up. (and please don't say, "birds can blast ur shield u nub." ... It happens in a 1v1 vs bears and mages, too.

saool
07-27-2012, 07:48 PM
The shield is really slow I have to click on it to come up way before I buff. It's annoying to die I'm PvE knowing that shield shouldn't delay, when you're on your last bit of health even when I spam pots I die. Fix it!!! Please devs...

Whirlzap
07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
No, I think that's the way the shield was meant to be.
I mean, if it popped on in the second you pressed it, like as fast as a bird's arrow would activate, it would seriously make mage INSANELY OP.
Think about it.
Bird or bear or mage gets you down to really low HP and you press shield. Normally you'd die before the shield activated.
However, if it was lightning fast, then you would now have a whole reserve of 700+ Mana to live with.

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
No, lol. That's not the issue at all. It never comes up. (and please don't say, "birds can blast ur shield u nub." ... It happens in a 1v1 vs bears and mages, too.

Really? Shield works fine for my mage in PVE,just slow as usual. And yes i know it can be broken by a blast shot indicated by the mage laughing.

Phoenixking
07-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Happens more frequently when I fight a bear

Waug
07-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, I've something interesting to say,

There are two types of skills(I think after humania update) when we tap on a skill its delayed depending specially on ping time, say 200 ms. So it takes a bit time to reach server, you can notice that some skills screams, roots for birds acts instantly but actually its not, its just shows on our devices only, it takes same time (to reach server) to act like any other skills, in opposite other skills like blast, repulse, blind, break for birds shows the effect when actually your device gets the feedback from the server. Now if you have slow net connection the difference would be much visible. For example, you rooted someone, but your ping is high, the root skill started the process cool down, and then, say after 3sec the person got rooted nearby you (if not dodged) so actually it took 3 sec to act, though it showed instant effect.

Did not notice much for mages and bears, but, fire is instant (relative)where drain is not.

Rockxout
07-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Just was farming monster bash and died 3 times on tiki god because shield wouldn't activate at all. Plz fix this. I don't need any smoke or more stars coming from my crafted armor I just want my shield to work properly plz.

ImHawk
07-29-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm pretty positive a dev posted on a similar thread saying that the mana shield for mages will be broken if they don't have any mana...
But since u say u 1v1.. u probably start at full HP and MP...
O.o

Whirlzap
07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Hawk, this isn't about PvP.
This is also in PvE.
It's a confirmed glitch already, not a misunderstanding of how the skill works lol.
The shield does not break after you run out of mana.
In PvE, I can just spam mana pots until shield runs out.

Only two ways the shield is supposed to break are 1. Blasted by barrels or Blast Shot, or 2. The activation time runs out.
The glitch we are experiencing is different from these two.

Rockxout
07-29-2012, 03:10 PM
I guess the nicest thing to say about it is it is very very very frustrating. Has anyone seen another post on this where some light has been shed on the issue. Like are devs looking into it or can we expect some visual effects to be fixed first. Just would like to know what's going on with that. Short of running away shield is all we got against some of the harder hitting bosses in the game.

Edit: sad to see that the community was more in a uproar over the elite weapons being giving out for advertisment than a game breaking glitch. At least it is in my opinion.

NotYoCookiez
07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Free respec still not out, did I miss something?

ImHawk
07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Free respec still not out, did I miss something?
O.o I completely forgot about that !!!
Already used bout 10plat on respect >.<

Kixxler
07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I hate everything about the new update. I remember when the format and gameplay was actually decent.

Livemau
07-29-2012, 04:34 PM
my birdie heal wont work :'(

Phoenixking
07-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Hawk, this isn't about PvP.
This is also in PvE.
It's a confirmed glitch already, not a misunderstanding of how the skill works lol.
The shield does not break after you run out of mana.
In PvE, I can just spam mana pots until shield runs out.

Only two ways the shield is supposed to break are 1. Blasted by barrels or Blast Shot, or 2. The activation time runs out.
The glitch we are experiencing is different from these two.

Also, if a lot of damage is dealt on the shield it will break, sometimes even before mana runs out

Rockxout
07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Also, if a lot of damage is dealt on the shield it will break, sometimes even before mana runs out

Besides what was already stated earlier that would break it, if u take a hit larger than ur mana pool. Other than that it won't break from too much damage.

Phoenixking
07-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Besides what was already stated earlier that would break it, if u take a hit larger than ur mana pool. Other than that it won't break from too much damage.
Happened to me before. . . I had half mana and sheild went down, the skill icon was 25% or so deactivated, but I might be seeing things

TEOKILLO
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
How do you have a mana shield as an int bird?

Phoenixking
07-30-2012, 12:29 AM
How do you have a mana shield as an int bird?
Because I have an intmage