PDA

View Full Version : Is Nuri's a little too easy?

Otukura
07-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Everything can be solo'd without pots on my 56 bear in tank gear, and killed quickly too; Gustav takes under a minute now. Tanking is non existent, 2 people kill everything.

A nerf was needed, but not this much.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Everything can be solo'd without pots on my 56 bear in tank gear, and killed quickly too; Gustav takes under a minute now. Tanking is non existent, 2 people kill everything.

A nerf was needed, but not this much.
Test a level 51 in sewers if it's tough for the level 51 then Nuri's hallows is way too easy, if they feel the same Nuri's hallows is normal
If what I just said does make sense then yeah if it doesn't well then completely ignore this >_>

TEOKILLO
07-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Ignored.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Ignored.
I was expecting you to say something

Otukura
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Test a level 51 in sewers if it's tough for the level 51 then Nuri's hallows is way too easy, if they feel the same Nuri's hallows is normal
If what I just said does make sense then yeah if it doesn't well then completely ignore this >_>

Using my 51 bird, I need to pot spam constantly and nearly died a few times.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Using my 51 bird, I need to pot spam constantly and nearly died a few times.
Oh Nuri's hallows is too easy then I think they should just add more health to the mobs and that'll make it harder

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 09:56 PM
After trying to farm a lot before patch I'm not complaining lol

Nihiliste
07-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Crymoarpls.

grenadiers
07-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Crymoarpls.I hope this wasn't an attempt to troll lol.

CrimsonTider
07-26-2012, 10:00 PM
You're just tooo pro, Otu. ;)

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Crymoarpls.
I wasn't asking for your permission!

nmyxspaceship
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I like it:)

TEOKILLO
07-26-2012, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Phoenixking;
I wasn't asking for your permission![/QUOTE]

But I was o.o

Edit: fail quote

Otukura
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
You're just tooo pro, Otu. ;)

Have you tried it?! It's like farming sandcaves, except they have a bit more hp.

Phoenixking
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
But I was o.o remember that one time when I asked you permission for that I cold nevermind . . . >_>

Edit: fail quote
You edited that out as well

CrimsonTider
07-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Have you tried it?! It's like farming sandcaves, except they have a bit more hp.

Actually, stupid Crim loaded up on a Thrasher expecting the worse... DOH!!!

Elyseon
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I agree it's very easy, but for the non endgame noobs they need it easy like this, it will make it alot easier to level and get quests done

Chopper
07-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, too easy.

Tried it out, was blasting through bad guys like i had a 10x thrasher on ha ha ha

Piosidon
07-26-2012, 11:18 PM
We asked for it, we get it

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Why are you complaining about this lol.
Isn't easy= good?
I mean, Demonic will deflate and all.

Plus, think about why STS made Nuri's Hallows so easy.
Everything they do has an ulterior motive.
We have a new turnstile dungeon with an elite boss coming out for Nuri's.
If we kept the old insanely difficult Nuri's, the elite boss would have to be even more difficult, making it harder than Humania's Elite and making it be almost impossible to kill.

Since they re-balanced Nuri's, now the elite boss will be the old Nuri's level of difficulty.
And we won't be farming deaths like that derpy Humania Tiki Boss who likes having staff mages for supper.

Stupid tiki gods.

Buddyf97
07-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Find someone who hasn't been playing the game for 2+ years and ask them to try to clear the map. I betcha the map isn't so easy anymore! You still get the stupid "dead shot" that makes me rage....

Otukura
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
It wasn't rebalanced, it was changed from too hard to wayyy too easy.

@bud, I've noticed I normally kill them before that. When I don't and it does 2/3 of my health, I still don't need pots because I'm confident enough that they can't damage me.

Buddyf97
07-26-2012, 11:30 PM
It wasn't rebalanced, it was changed from too hard to wayyy too easy.

@bud, I've noticed I normally kill them before that. When I don't and it does 2/3 of my health, I still don't need pots because I'm confident enough that they can't damage me.
Well... Arnt you so pro?

Otukura
07-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Well... Arnt you so pro?

The point is, you shouldn't be that confident in a dungeon using gear from the previous campaign.

Whirlzap
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Unless you're using Drainers liek a baws

Pandamoni
07-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I saw a level 56 Mage in enchanted gear standing there getting shot over and over and her health didn't even move lol! I think it got a liiiiitle too nerfed.

Silverpegasus
07-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Isn't easy= good?

If we kept the old insanely difficult Nuri's, the elite boss would have to be even more difficult, making it harder than Humania's Elite and making it be almost impossible to kill.

Since they re-balanced Nuri's, now the elite boss will be the old Nuri's level of difficulty.
And we won't be farming deaths like that derpy Humania Tiki Boss who likes having staff mages for supper.

Stupid tiki gods.

Can't complain the easiness after I avoided Nuri map like plague before.
And the part where "Tiki God who likes having staff mages for supper"--> can't agree more! lmfao...

Patricks
07-27-2012, 12:54 AM
The porridge is too hot. The porridge is too cold... :)

Riccits
07-27-2012, 01:30 AM
everthing is always too easy or too hard :p

plmafiaboss
07-27-2012, 01:35 AM
The porridge is too hot. The porridge is too cold... :)such wisdom o.o do it again

Cahaun
07-27-2012, 05:45 AM
There's no pleasing everybody.. There's always something wrong with a map lol. Only perfect map is Forest Haven:encouragement:
SoEnjoy it while you can. Nuri's has the best looking set sparkles so we need to farm the most we can before it's tougher than Humania again;)
The only perfect map was the OLD Forest Haven :/

Nihiliste
07-27-2012, 06:18 AM
No Grenaders, I love Otu. <\3

Otukura
07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
No Grenaders, I love Otu. <\3

Ily, Glad.

(I'm leaving you)

Fncrazy
07-27-2012, 06:32 AM
I think I can tank nuri in my copperhead set now.

GoodSyntax
07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Isn't easy= good?

Stupid tiki gods.

Whirlz hit the nail on the head.

Think about it - Prior to this nerfing, it was nearly impossible to get a PUG in Nuri's. At least now there are a lot of active games going on, and it is easy to get into a PUG.

As soon as Fang was released, I ditched Nuri's completely, and the only time I ever paid a visit was when a friend needed help to clear a map. As soon as the map was done, I was out and back into Fang. I ran more maps in Nuri's yesterday than I have in the past few months combined!

The point is, that by nerfing, it generates interest in the map again. The respec, along with a new, elite dungeon will get players into Nuri's. As soon as the new elite dungeon drops, I, like everyone else, will rush to farm it. I suspect that we will be farming deaths like the old Fun House or Nuri's Madness boards. Hopefully there will be elite pinks, or at least something different, to collect.

If nothing else, it is a break from all the Monster Bash runs in Humania. It seems that is the only board end gamers are running any more.

Perhaps, with all the new interest, I may finally be able to afford a Demonic set, or better yet, get the drops necessary to craft one myself.

Chopper
07-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Whirlz hit the nail on the head.

Think about it - Prior to this nerfing, it was nearly impossible to get a PUG in Nuri's. At least now there are a lot of active games going on, and it is easy to get into a PUG.

As soon as Fang was released, I ditched Nuri's completely, and the only time I ever paid a visit was when a friend needed help to clear a map. As soon as the map was done, I was out and back into Fang. I ran more maps in Nuri's yesterday than I have in the past few months combined!

The point is, that by nerfing, it generates interest in the map again. The respec, along with a new, elite dungeon will get players into Nuri's. As soon as the new elite dungeon drops, I, like everyone else, will rush to farm it. I suspect that we will be farming deaths like the old Fun House or Nuri's Madness boards. Hopefully there will be elite pinks, or at least something different, to collect.

If nothing else, it is a break from all the Monster Bash runs in Humania. It seems that is the only board end gamers are running any more.

Perhaps, with all the new interest, I may finally be able to afford a Demonic set, or better yet, get the drops necessary to craft one myself.

agree 85%.
It's also a game. Should contain a little challenge for interest too. Nerfing the bad guys by such a drastic degree leaves little actual fun/challenge in the maps and people are just running them to farm, which can become a chore, rather than a game. That's it i think.

bjordan
07-27-2012, 09:39 AM

I completely agree. I think the nerf is welcome. At level 57 I was still doing exp runs on the same sewer map I started on at level 50. That was getting really old. I'd basically given up for a while on my level 57 character because it was such a boring grind. Nuri was too hard with PUG's and because of that there were rarely any open active games running to even join.

Nuri was a wall players leveling hit and turned 55-58 into a terribly boring grind. Since the nerf. I've now cleared all the Nuri maps with PUG's, I'm almost 59 and really looking forward to playing my highest level character again.

I personally feel like non elite maps should be doable on a regular basis with PUG's. Especially if the PUG contains characters within the level range of the map. It's doesn't have to be a cakewalk (which it kind of is now) but it certainly shouldn't be as difficult as it was before the nerf.

Thanks my 2 cents.

GoodSyntax
07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
agree 85%.
It's also a game. Should contain a little challenge for interest too. Nerfing the bad guys by such a drastic degree leaves little actual fun/challenge in the maps and people are just running them to farm, which can become a chore, rather than a game. That's it i think.

Perhaps it is a bit TOO easy, but I have only run it with my lvl 68 in Angel gear. You do have a point that I should not be able to solo the entire map, elixir free, with relative ease. I actually have a harder time soloing the Sewers, or even, dare I say, Frozen Nightmares.

I haven't run it with an appropriately leveled and geared toon, so I cannot comment on whether it is easy or challenging for someone fresh from the Sewers. I suspect that it is going to be somewhat challenging - certainly not something you could solo without elixirs.

Sciazaratek
07-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I think you forgot the months between fang and humania .
Remember how tough Nuri was , even for 66 ? Finally it changed!

Chopper
07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
i also remember going through Nuri's the first time and getting killed by floating brooms as the ultimate insult ha ha

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Easy to kill,still low drop rate. Did nuri funhouse for 2 hours with full group and no one got a single good drop..but it is easy..

McBain
07-27-2012, 10:05 PM
They did go a little hardcore on the nerf. I was all for making Nuri's a little easier, but dang, it's easier than the Sewers now, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The plus side is that, yes, people are actually playing there now, so that's good. On the other hand, with a 55 bear and no elixir I just practically soloed the entire campaign (had one other person on a couple maps) and I don't think I needed to use a single potion. That's easy to the point of boredom.

Cahaun
07-28-2012, 11:42 AM
You are all pretty bored because you have no goal or a person to chat with. What makes runs fun is either by farming with friends or doing something crazy.
PL is supposed to be for casual players who take their time. Hardcore players get an elite lvl 71 dungeon to guzzle all their potions in. Nuri is still a dangerous place with all it's traps and mobs that can kill if not the player isn't careful.
Overall this update was needed and the new turnstile dungeon should balance out the difficulty for those wanting extreme danger from either floating brooms, mimics, lions, and clowns to whatever else that's out there in the dungeon.

McBain
07-28-2012, 02:03 PM
The only thing even remotely dangerous about Nuri's at this point is the Snake Charmer, since he can still insta-kill you with his wave attack. Although it's pretty easy to kill him before he even gets it off if you have 3 people or more in the party.

xcainnblecterx
07-28-2012, 02:36 PM
First: nuris is to hard... Second: nuris is to easy.... I say it's nuris circus, what do you do at a circus? You have fun, conversate, hope Noone dies on the roller coaster or some other ride(in this case bosses would be the roller coasters) and that's what's going on I assume. Nuris is no longer dead with only 3-4 runs at a time... If your lucky. It is no longer treated as a plague that we all edged around. So grab some friends and have a blast chill and talk. Yea you can blast threw there as fast as possible and not have a single problem, but to me it's fun to take a break from hard core cereal killing yetis. I even go way back to forest haven just to one shot one kill everything. Also I say snake charmer and gustav still put up a fight. Gustav cause some how he can get a lucky one hit and I'm out, and snake charmer as already stated does insta kill, but also cheats (when you have a whole party in the same spot behind one stone and only mage get wiped out) ill call him/her the Crooked games manager

Like-A-Boss
07-29-2012, 01:20 AM
the point of easier nuri is xp farming, cuz before lv 54-57s had to mostly run sewers for the xp, even though nuri monsters gave them more
there weren't alot of games before either....

Unxtoxic
07-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Im not complaining because it just helps us in the long run.

Ortalan
07-29-2012, 07:25 AM
YES. YES YES YES. Nuri's is now utterly wuss-tacular.