PDA

View Full Version : Amazing idea for weapons!

Crankomaniac
07-06-2022, 09:24 AM
I got the idea to level up a weapon like spirit weapons but the major different is the reward after killing an amount of enemys or xp to unlock a special feature.

For example: a glowing effect on the weapon or some colour changing. Its like a prestige type of weapon.
It makes it excited to play it for a long time and u get some feeling of „partnership“ with ur weapon.

Maybe an idea for upcoming arcane weapons :).

Cheers

Immortal_Blood
07-06-2022, 01:48 PM
you weren't lying.. +1 from me.

maybe with +10 something can happen and i hope it does.

flashio
07-07-2022, 01:49 AM
Since current system makes most decent weapons be nerfed in order to make upper level weapons more "appealing" I would rather have the weapons be released at it's full potential look, stats and skill wise, if this kerfing trend wasn't a thing I would say yes.

Stephencobear
07-07-2022, 02:05 AM
Flashio’s above point is good with regards to stat weapons, yet because the op’s second sentence,
it seems the idea is more geared to a vanity that evolves
Correct me if I’m wrong

I’m over trying to evolve gear, but the idea of a vanity that evolves (anywhere, ftlog) is a good one

flashio
07-07-2022, 03:06 AM
Flashio’s above point is good with regards to stat weapons, yet because the op’s second sentence,
it seems the idea is more geared to a vanity that evolves
Correct me if I’m wrong

I’m over trying to evolve gear, but the idea of a vanity that evolves (anywhere, ftlog) is a good one

If it's meant for vanities only then am all in, it could work as a gold sink as well. If it's meant for gear I say no.

Immortal_Blood
07-07-2022, 04:50 PM
so thats +4 for weapons that get special effects added when certain number of killl achieved with it.

i guess if it gets ttraded ,the effects are removed??

Crankomaniac
07-07-2022, 05:55 PM
Thats a good point! But i think its better to have it forever even if u trade it.

It increase the value and more worth it to grind the exp/ads kill.

Nocturnus
07-07-2022, 10:55 PM
I used to play a game for PC, where you had some enchant scrolls for weapons and equipment that increased 1% of the stat that the item had, for each scroll you put on it, the scroll could fail, the higher the level, the less chance of adding an enchant. And in the case of weapons, for each scroll the weapon increased in brightness and color or intensified to darker.
For example from +1 to +15 it gradually turned blue, then from +15 to +20 it got redder, then white, then yellow, then pink and violet. Some of this could be implemented the way you said, maybe just spirit vanities that level up and change their glow and glow color. Or maybe also enchant for weapons.

asommers
07-12-2022, 12:38 PM
We can make it so we can change the weapon appearance based on level, but then it adds a multiplier for the art to create per weapon.

-ALS

Crankomaniac
07-12-2022, 02:06 PM
Sounds good!