PDA

View Full Version : Animation cancelling, bow + haste

Potofgreed
07-07-2022, 04:00 PM
Edit: hotbar animation cancelled has been ninja nerf. this no longer works

lets talk about animation cancelling. but what is animation cancelling?

this method works with basic attacks.

youll need some hotbars.
make 2 load outs with 2 "different" set of daggers.
if they're the same it wont work. if it doesnt work try again with another two different set of daggers.

you can do this with guns,staff,sword and sword n shield if i remember correctly.

keep in mind you have to be fast.

start on your 1st loadout
press your basic attack then quickly swap to your 2nd loadout and press your basic attack. now quickly press your 1st loadout then press your basic attack. quickly! back and forth between these 2 loadouts. 1st loadout tap basic attack then 2nd loadout tap basic attack. although this is impractical i believe if you do this to fast the the active hitbox wont appear. so you wont beable to do consistent damage with this if i remember correctly

anyways you should notice that the animation is being cancelled while rotating.

i know it works for mage gun,staff,war sword and rogues dagger. but it doesn't work with bow if i remember correctly. its been awhile since ive tested this.

here are my assumptions

all bows have the same basic attack frame data + bows have startup and recovery frames it must follow. so the basic attack animation cancel doesn't work for bows.try it with 2 different bows. or try something i haven't tried.

bow to weaponless

what about cancelling basic attack animation with skills?
if you tap basic attack then press a skill. the skill will over lap the basic attack animation. this means the hitbox of the basic attack should still play out and collide with a target. to test this try normal or charge basic attack then tap a skill fast.

haste effects cooldowns and some basic attack frame data.

here are some basic attacks that work with haste.
wars sword, sword n shield, mages staff and gun, and rogues daggers

bows basic attack are uneffected by haste. my assumption is this has to deal with frame data. haste is not being applied to bows start up and recovery frames. so the frame data has to be fully completed before being able to shoot again.

gun,staff,sword and sword n shield basic attacks are allowed to have haste applied to their startup and recovery frames. when mages or wars have high haste they can spam their basic attacks faster then normal. this essentially allows for their basic attack to be cancelled in it self.

if im wrong, im wrong. i dont mind being wrong.

Potofgreed
07-08-2022, 04:28 AM
wow lol no one knows what im talking about.

try it.

the hotbar animation cancel works 100%
use 2 different guns for example.

like a rare gun and a legendary gun. you got to be fast when swapping between both.

animation cancelling doesn't work with bows basic attack just like haste doesnt work with bows basic attack.

this is a assumption but i think these 2 things have something in common.

the gist of it is haste allows for basic attacks to be cancelled into basic attacks. it does this while keeping each individual basic attack hitbox active. so this allows for mage gun, and staff to be used quickly over and over. same applies to war and the same applies to rogues daggers.

hotbar animation cancel should be nerfed.

rogues bow frame data should see a buff.

or everything can be nerfed who knows.

Edit: all roman weapons can not be animation cancelled if i remember correctly. so haste does not work with these items.

Potofgreed
07-09-2022, 05:53 AM
hot bar animation cancel has been ninja nerfed.
july 8th.

but rogues bow basic attack animation hasn't been buffed yet.

it should be ninja buffed soon to work in conjunction with haste.

or they wont buff bows at all. which means bows are intended to be this way.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk