PDA

View Full Version : Gold Sink Ideas

Lady_Pebbles
07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Since its hella easy to get gold in game we really need some gold sinks that are not completely useless. Here are some of my ideas...

Elixirs

With the recent news of Luck being removed in the near future, I hope they keep the other buffs in these elixir combo packs. However, I think it would also be very beneficial to replace the luck with the HP regen buff we get with Blood Blossoms (when tossed in the bonfire). As long as they keep the effects of these buffs to strictly PvE then it shouldn't be an issue. It is a great gold sink and plat sink idea imo!

Auction House

Taxes - Another gold sink is... When we put up an item for sale, we would be taxed a certain amount of gold for the transaction (purchase). The buyer would purchase an item and the tax would go directly into the system while the rest goes to the sellers. I think 2% each would suffice. Maybe even 3% but anything higher might just be a tad much. We can all still make a nice profite of our sales while attempting this economic balance (perse?).

Individual Shops

I was thinking, it would be nice to be able to open up private shops for a fee. For example, in other MMOs they have the option of selecting an item in the inventory and a "put in shop" option. We can name the shops whatever we want (as long as it follows the TOS of course). The name would be under the titles of our characters in a different color, to let people know they have a shop up. Once our characters are selected, they can view and purchase the items directly from the shop. Maybe start off with 10 slots and purchase more slots with gold (not plat). This could allow us to be in runs and just select a player's name to buy something from their shop without waiting on them to accept a trade. Or while they are AFK in the Vampire District. Also, the 2%/3% tax idea from the AH above could also be used in these shops.

Plat & Taxes

If players want to have the taxes removed for a while and just wheel in the profits, they could get 15 to 20 plat to remove the taxes for a week. 40 plat for two weeks, 50 for a month etc.

Why plat? Because the point of all this is to have good gold sinks that benefit everyone. Don't wanna get taxed, use plat to get out of it while still using your shops and the AH or use the trading system!

Bundles & Weapons

Just like the Nightshadow was once sold for plat, it is now sold for gold. We can have bundles (outfits & weapons) sold for gold as well. Maybe even allow us to upgrade the regular pink weapons (or gold weapons) to be upgraded for a fee via gold as well. Same for plat gear, allow those to be upgraded via plat or gold (prefer gold but since we paid plat to get them, then might as well be plat).

Types of Vanities

Lets face it everyone loves vanities so how about we get more different types? Like vanities for weapons & more gem vanities.

Character Customizations

We got ways to change the hair and some makeup but it would also be nice if we had more options to choose from. More colors & hairstyles... Facial expressions... Ability to change colors of eyes, pick a nose, etc.

8-5-12 | Changed the plat prices in rhe Plat & Taxes section. The prices before were too low in my opinion.

7-29-12 | Elaborated a bit more on the tax idea to clear things up a bit. Also added the fact that the taxes idea in AH could be used in the IS (individual shops) too.

7-28-12 | Added the idea to sell bundles and more weapons for gold. Also a possible idea to upgrade weapons and more types of vanities.

Worship
07-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Individual Shops

I was thinking, it would be nice to be able to open up private shops for a fee. For example, in other MMOs they have the option of selecting an item in the inventory and a "put in shop" option. We can name the shops whatever we want (as long as it follows the TOS of course). The name would be under the titles of our characters in a different color, to let people know they have a shop up. Once our characters are selected, they can view and purchase the items directly from the shop. Maybe start off with 10 slots and purchase more slots with gold (not plat).

Omg! That would be so awesome! It would boost the game soo much! They can even put these ideas in all the games to make it better^^

StompArtist
07-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Random thieves in the subway that steal your money would be cool too!

Worship
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Random thieves in the subway that steal your money would be cool too!

Haha yeah.

Thief vs Vampire.. Thief wins

mafiainc42
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
yup love it brings me back again to ff online lol.

SexyIsland
07-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I love these ideas. Reminds me of Aika and it will bring a lot to this game.

Flowman
07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
You already know I love the HP Regen idea :p

However, aren't we already charged a transaction to list items for sale?

Lady_Pebbles
07-27-2012, 04:52 PM
You already know I love the HP Regen idea :p

However, aren't we already charged a transaction to list items for sale?
No o.O I've never seen a tax. X.x

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Here's a good gold sink idea :

More rare items.

Lady_Pebbles
07-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Here's a good gold sink idea :

More rare items.
Actually farming for those gives us more gold so thats not a gold sink at all. X)

BG_zorro
07-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Omg! That would be so awesome! It would boost the game soo much! They can even put these ideas in all the games to make it better^^

I agree. :-) not only that, but it would get people to be more honorable about their pricing. One thing i hate is when a player is hawking their wares and says, "make me an offer". So, i make the best offer i can afford, and they outright refuse it, demanding twice if not ten times as much! With them setting individual shop, the offer ridiculousness is out the window, and just like at the auction house, they learn really quick that if they wanna sell an item, they can't be asking players to drain their gold account for it.

Also, we do have to pay a small gold fee when selling items at the auction house...maybe that's the tax folks be referring to?

Worship
07-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Also, we do have to pay a small gold fee when selling items at the auction house...maybe that's the tax folks be referring to?

I guess so. And when you say 'small' it literally means a tiny fee..

Lady_Pebbles
07-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Glad yall like some of the ideas... Or at least one. x)

Edit: Added more ideas.. Some mentioned before tho.

Flowman
07-29-2012, 02:34 AM

We are, the price to list an item changes based on how long you list it.

Lady_Pebbles
07-29-2012, 09:13 AM

We are, the price to list an item changes based on how long you list it.
Oooh you mean thaaat! No what Im saying is, add a tax that takes away like 2 or 3% after the purchase was made. You know, when you buy an item at a store you still gotta pay a tax... Only in this case the tax will go to the system and not the sellers.

Hope that clears up what Im trying to say. X.x

EDIT: I updated that info on the main post. Hoping that idea is more clear now. :)

Flowman
07-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Oooh you mean thaaat! No what Im saying is, add a tax that takes away like 2 or 3% after the purchase was made. You know, when you buy an item at a store you still gotta pay a tax... Only in this case the tax will go to the system and not the sellers.

Hope that clears up what Im trying to say. X.x

EDIT: I updated that info on the main post. Hoping that idea is more clear now. :)

ooooo I got you, yaya like what Diablo 3 does. They take 15% of your sale money after you make a sale, but charge nothing to list the item. I believe it costs money to list an item for real money, but that's a different ballgame

Lady_Pebbles
07-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Now ya got it Flow! :)

Carapace
07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
some interesting ideas here, and we're concocting some of our own! Goldsinks are definitely needed though and will more will likely start to come around after the luck goes away. It's possible the cost of the current elixir going for gold may become more expensive as a start. Keep throwing in the ideas, I like the regen one!

Lady_Pebbles
07-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Elixir prices going up? Dang the 12k elixir was burning a hole in my pocket while looking for vans already! LOL. X) jk

BG_zorro
08-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Why is the luck elixir being removed in the near future? :-( and, how soon will that be? Plus, if it gets taken away, does that mean good loot will always be hard to get now? That would kinda suck. Whenever i don't use the luck elixir, i don't get any useful items or ones that would make a good sale. With luck taken away, if it makes achieving stats and gaining rare/legendary items more difficult or impossible, the game will become less enjoyable...

Also, idk if i prefer the taxes over the gold fee in the AH. But, i don't understand much about gold sinks either, so...either way takes a chunck of our change either before or after a sale. The way the system works now, it's better, i think. Otherwise, if you're gonna tax items, why offer a way to get out of it with platinum? That doesn't make much sense to me, seems to defeat the purpose. The fee we have now makes sure everyone pays their dues.

Not thrilled about things raising up in price to make up for something no longer being there...any way that won't need to happen? Because i don't really always have platinum or a lot of gold on hand to buy buffs all the time. Others may have, but it'd probably be good to not always have to make this game about money, i think. Idk, it may just be me.

Lady_Pebbles
08-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Luck is being removed because it is causing more harm than good. Since they were brough in, they were nerfed in percentage and even the amount of tines they roll were nerfed. However, even with those tweaks they still have a lot of pinks dropping. Which flood the AH and therefore screwing up the economy. Thats why I came up with the taxes idea since we are in dire need of gold sinks. It is extremely easy to gain gold in game, especially since the energy system was remived from the 3D maps.

The plat being offered to remove the tax for a certain time is pretty much already explained... Can only be used for a certain time and therefore won't defeat its purpose. If people want to spend hella -real- money on plat (or download hella apps via Tapjoy or W3i) to remove taxes for as much time as they want then thats up to them. Either way, its a choice and still serves as a much needed gold sink.

livingdead713
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I really like the idea for personal shops since vanities cant be sold in the auction it would be a good way to sell things instead of spamming the chat feed with ...selling vanity ...trading vanity

Lady_Pebbles
08-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I really like the idea for personal shops since vanities cant be sold in the auction it would be a good way to sell things instead of spamming the chat feed with ...selling vanity ...trading vanity
Thats another great point, thank you! Yes it does get annoying. Especially when my ignore list is already filled with chat spammers! LOL

BG_zorro
08-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Hmm...ok? O.o honestly, i'm starting to think i liked this game better when it was simpler...even if that meant spending energy. The recent additions of the rare vanity drops in missions has been making this game more about product exchange than about the game itself. Even you guys mentioning imbalance in the economy [of the game]. I wasn't intending on participating in the virtual undead version of wall street. I don't get what nerfing means, but the only jinx i see the luck buff doing is it does not increase my odds of attaining vanity loot, and i never get any of the new vanity outside of nightly rewards anyway. An occasional sale or two, but with the way peoples be settin' their prices, well...it keeps the vanity pretty rare, and from my grasp, most times. Idk. I just wish there was less focus in this game on sell/trade value of everything -- or at least more equal opportunities for the loot. I don't see how things are being imbalanced economically at the auction house. I mean, if you have a problem with folks dropping their prices cuz they realize folks won't pay hella for stuff...? I just don't get it. And the tax situation really doesn't sound like it'd do anything differently from the sale fee right now. And yes, having a limited time tax waiver via platinum fee does defeat the purpose, cuz if folks are willing to drop 1.5million or so over a mask, they probably will pay platinum to avoid sales tax. Just sayin', from what i've seen. But, whatever.

Lady_Pebbles
08-05-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't see how two explainations can not be understood. Smh.

In epicly lamen's terms:

-Pinks used to take longer to drop.
-Elixirs came in & had 35% luck chance with the 12k elixir, pinks dropped much faster.
-Luck was then nerfed (i.e. instead of 35% luck chance in 12k elixirs its now 15%) in an attempt to lower the high drop rates of pinks.
-It didn't help much and the problem got a bit worse. Causing the value of the pinks to drop tremendously (example: a pink used to cost 70k, now its 7k or 700g). -Putting an item up for sale in the AH takes away some gold as a fee but clearly thats not enough.
-Gold gain is very easy to gain in game. Thus the reason why that is going to be nerfed (lowering gold gain) in a future update.

Easy gold + easy items = No point in having an AH or trades. Period.

Hence, the reason why DL's economy is screwed up. Making everything very easy to get destroys the values of items and players won't make a profit off of them because they already have hella gold.

Also, if you read around the forums, Carapace (a DL developer) has stated that elixirs give a "slim to none" chance to reroll into a vanity & even "vanities can be rerolled". This is mostly focused on pink drops and their values being lowered as well as the vanities being extremely expensive (again cuz gold is easy to get) and people's gold is just being shifted from account to account without anything returning to the system to balance things out.

I hope you finally get the gist of what we're talking about. If not then kindly do some research. :)

SIDE NOTE: The plat idea to remove taxes only serves a way out for a limited time. Maybe a higher plat fee would do the trick (which is why I raised the prices in that section) but either way, it should be an option.