PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Luck and Vanities

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I remember reading somewhere that luck elixirs don't affect vanities drop greatly. I would like to have a dev's word on this matter.

I happily spent 300k on elixirs and now I'm broke so I want to continue farming without them and just wish to make sure I don't waste my time.

I'm pretty sure you cannot re-roll for a vanity but what about pure luck of finding vanities, are the ''odds'' increased when you use a luck elixir?

Thanks!

GreedyTop
07-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Great question!

Floating
07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Cara mentioned te chances to reroll a pink into vanity are SLIM to NONE

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 05:53 PM
That's not what I'm asking.

Floating
07-27-2012, 05:55 PM
I answered you that luck elixir only helps in Rerolling :)

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I answered you that luck elixir only helps in Rerolling :)

Are you 100% sure?

I've looted serious ammounts of Pink Gems from bosses and Purified Fire Shards from mobs even without the re-rolls...Enough to think that Luck affects random drops.

Wretch
07-27-2012, 08:15 PM
All my vanity drops were without elixer... Even with elixer only rerolls were pinks and greens, no vanity

Flowman
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
While on luck elixirs, only about 1% of my pink drops were without rerolls.
STS refers to "luck" as rerolling. It's a static drop table, so changing odds isn't possible.

I use elixirs to farm as well, not for the luck qualities, but for the added speed and ease of killing.

Lady_Pebbles
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Read the following carefully.

there is a chance it will re roll into a gem, and vanities can also be rerolled if the vanity exists on that level. They do not drop off of bosses, so chances of a pink rolling into a vanity is slim to none.

Nice grabs! Before too many questions arise about the luck thing, there will be an announcement that I will make sometime soon. The overall gist is that it's really hurting our economy and should be removed, and it provides little to know benefit for finding vanities and is flooding the market with pinks. All of the other elements of the elixirs will still work the same way, and pink drop rates will come up to around 2% or so again like they were before luck elixirs existed in the game.

I'm still toying with what I want to do to ADD to the game after taking away luck, but the new tier of drop and associated item has me excited at the moment. :vsmile:

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks!

I guess I'm just being superstitious since my undead mask dropped with an elixir on.

Flowman
07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks!

I guess I'm just being superstitious since my undead mask dropped with an elixir on.

my only 2 vanities dropped with elixirs...Ive gotten superstitious as well.
I won't even wear my undead to farm now because I assume my outfit matters :p

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 08:34 PM

Haha!

Can't say I haven't thought about that myself.

''Hmm, what if the game recognizes the fact that I have an undead mask on right now and doesn't want to give me another?''

Hardcoure
07-28-2012, 06:17 AM
...''Hmm, what if the game recognizes the fact that I have an undead mask on right now and doesn't want to give me another?''

Well in that case can I run naked and have a higher chance at looting pinks and vanities? :playful:

nico33j
07-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Maybe im very lucky , but i have find Undead , With not elixir , have farm for 8 Hours.

KillaSkillz
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't use enhancers, and i do not get pinks or vanities. even focusing on just the one map or running all maps straight through 5 times in a row.

Yup almost 30,000 kills and no pink gems, no vanities. I did get a pink weapon twice since the game became available, all my pinks and vanities come from the allies mission and the nightly and of course item packs. However, I have more blood blossoms than i know what to do with though seems i get one or two per map.

For me at least its not lack of effort, i guess i just got one of those accounts that will never get anything good from a drop. I have killed
hundreds of ghosts and they have never dropped a pink for me.

Or maybe its waiting for that super ultra rare, nobodys got it item to come out and then i will finally get a drop and sell it for 100mil to some lucky farmer thats been stacking gold for a year. Lol

Takezaki
07-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't use enhancers, and i do not get pinks or vanities. even focusing on just the one map or running all maps straight through 5 times in a row.

Yup almost 30,000 kills and no pink gems, no vanities. I did get a pink weapon twice since the game became available, all my pinks and vanities come from the allies mission and the nightly and of course item packs. However, I have more blood blossoms than i know what to do with though seems i get one or two per map.

For me at least its not lack of effort, i guess i just got one of those accounts that will never get anything good from a drop. I have killed
hundreds of ghosts and they have never dropped a pink for me.

Or maybe its waiting for that super ultra rare, nobodys got it item to come out and then i will finally get a drop and sell it for 100mil to some lucky farmer thats been stacking gold for a year. Lol

With Elixirs I got approximately 10 Pink Gems and 15 Solstice Fire Shards from Dead Ends when I while I was farming. And that's under 3k kills total.

Irulelol
07-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Haha I just had a stroke of luck an hour ago, got undead mask second run at the reaping, with no exilar xD Ive got all my pinks and now a vanity wearin green witchdoctors outfit so i guess its my lucky charm haha

Takezaki
07-29-2012, 02:18 AM
Yeah they drop ''alot'' now that they upped the drop rate.

Takezaki
07-29-2012, 05:52 AM

Wow, I just removed my Undead for ONE run and I get a second undead mask on the first run without wearing an undead mask.

I'm definately paranoid now.

Rolocoaster
07-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Proof elixirs do reroll into vanity. Happened to me tonight

Takezaki
07-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Nice *** (No hobo)

Lady_Pebbles
07-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Proof elixirs do reroll into vanity. Happened to me tonight
No said it wouldn't or doesn't reroll. Read the quotes on the post I submitted before. :)

Flowman
07-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Rolo I'm going to assume the green was the reroll