PDA

View Full Version : Dark Manic Mask needs something....else.

Flowman
07-28-2012, 10:37 PM
First off let me say that I love the darker color ;)

HOWEVER, it's too close to the original. Sure the color is different, but for a super rare drop that I've only seen 2 people wearing, it needs something else.

Undead Antlers have those red glowing eyes and jaw...Dark Manic Mask needs something similar. Maybe make the slots on the mouth glow the same color as the Antlers? Just trying to help those out who get the drop, they deserve to stand out more.

Floating
07-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Flow does Judge have one?

Flowman
07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
yes

I'm Siri
07-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Flow does Judge have one?

yes

Lol, I wonder what he don't have now:)
Maybe a werewolf pet....

Flowman
07-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Seriously? No one else thinks it's not different enough?h

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
I think it could work as a gas mask, to give you that poison-breath effect.

Mrsberry
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Agreed its a very hard drop too get maybe they can make it so your eyes glow red when u wear it.
For just a recolored mask should be in nightly rewards not a super rare drop.

Carapace
08-01-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree as well, I'll talk to the art department and see if I can't make it a bit more awesome!

Flowman
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
You're the best Cara :D

Takezaki
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Next are you going to add laser guns on the back of the white bats because they are too similar to the dark ones?

People in this game I swear....

Carapace
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Next are you going to add laser guns on the back of the white bats because they are too similar to the dark ones?

No, the Dark Mask in particular I had something planned but time ran out before getting it in. Another case of player sentiment in league with my own :vsmile:

Flowman
08-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Considering 95% of this game is in the vanities, having an item you can buy for 2500 gold at any time be only 2 or 3 shades of color off from an extremely rare drop worth probably 100x that is pointless. Direct color changes are for the nightly rewards, not vanity drops.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
08-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Considering 95% of this game is in the vanities, having an item you can buy for 2500 gold at any time be only 2 or 3 shades of color off from an extremely rare drop worth probably 100x that is pointless. Direct color changes are for the nightly rewards, not vanity drops.

We all need something immeasurably difficult to go for, just so we can sell it for a lot of money, and widen the line between the rich and poor, therefore encouraging people to do more runs, making the game more competitive, and promoting more activity... isn't that the plan?

Mrsberry
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Geeeeezz people on this game with there negative comments I swear.....

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 03:59 AM
What is more negative in my eyes is always complaining and wanting to change things that don't need to be changed.

Xaphan Fox
08-02-2012, 05:38 AM
lol the OP was making a suggestion in a suggestion forum.
You crack me up Takezaki

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 05:43 AM
''Need'' and ''Deserve'' are not keywords of suggestion.

Just tired of seeing all these ''hardcore'' gamers acting like everything ought to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Xaphan Fox
08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
It
Is
A
Casual
MMO...

octavos
08-02-2012, 07:14 AM
''Need'' and ''Deserve'' are not keywords of suggestion.

Just tired of seeing all these ''hardcore'' gamers acting like everything ought to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Well if a dev agreed with the idea that you didn't suggest, it would be safe to assume that your comments are not really adding to the discussion. And if these supposed "hardcore gamers" are helping the community by providing insight and you disagree, then make your own little thread explaining your idea. And please, stop your trolling. No need for rude comments that makes memebers retaliate.

If it makes you feel better, devs make there own choice for the benefit of the community. If the majority love it it will be changed, there is always that small percent of the community that hates any change. So please enjoy the changes, because one person can not pay STS bills.

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm not trolling, it is my right to disagree, and express such disagreement.

People need to play the damn game, and stop complaining about such little details.

And funny enough about the ''casual'' part, most players I see complaining are the hardcore ones farming for hours on end with several hundred thousand kills.

How is it not insightful to say that I believe things are fine and don't need to be changed or tweaked.

And please, ''rude'' ? Comon now. I can certainly understand that I come off as bitter, but I'm not being rude in any way whatsoever.

I like the way the mask looks right now, I don't think it needs any glowing neons or rockets flying out of it.

Thank you.

octavos
08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm not trolling, it is my right to disagree, and express such disagreement.

People need to play the damn game, and stop complaining about such little details.

And funny enough about the ''casual'' part, most players I see complaining are the hardcore ones farming for hours on end with several hundred thousand kills.

How is it not insightful to say that I believe things are fine and don't need to be changed or tweaked.

Disagreement with changes and insulting members are two different issues. So as I understand your post is, you would like the mask how it is. So ok, that's all your post needed to say IMO. and there is only one person that is disagreing here and complaining about the details. So I still don't understand why so much hostility? Did these hardcore players wronged or insulted you? And for the record we can voice our opinion, but so far noone is really agreeing with you.

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Show me the insults, I'll be waiting.

octavos
08-02-2012, 08:11 AM

All of your previous posts in this thread. They don't call out people, but I can read so please don't insult my intelligence.

Cahaun
08-02-2012, 08:11 AM
An**insult**(also called an**affront*,**slur
*,**scoff
*,**slight
*or**putdown*) is an expression, statement (or sometimes behavior) which is considered degrading and offensive. Insults (sometimes called "cracks" "remarks" or*"one-liners")[1]
*may be intentional or accidental.["citation needed
"]*An insult may be factual, but at the same time pejoritive, such as the word "inbred".

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 08:13 AM
All of your previous posts in this thread. They don't call out people, but I can read so please don't insult my intelligence.

This is a civil discussion, I'm not insulting anybody here, I'm just stating facts.

Cahaun
08-02-2012, 08:14 AM

This is a civil discussion, I'm not insulting anybody here, I'm just stating facts.
Read the definition above please

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm done with this thread. Wish you all a nice day.

Cahaun
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm done with this thread. Wish you all a nice day.
Have a good day! We all learned some vocabulary from this ;)

Flowman
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
several hundred thousand kills? I don't even have 100k...not even close to 100k.

You're like the kid who disagrees with everyone just to disagree. The only person who'd argue that the most recent star wars films were better than the originals or that The Dark Knight wasn't a good movie. Why does it bother you that we want items to be more original? We get it dude, you think you're opinion matters. Well unfortunately, in a thread about aesthetics on an item youre not forced to own, with nothing to do about gameplay, the only opinions that matter are those who agree and those who have
the power to change it.

You want to make opinions? Go make your own suggestions thread.

Takezaki
08-02-2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64921-Dark-Manic-Mask-is-perfect-don-t-change-anything

I made my own thread now. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm sorry.

Cahaun
08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64921-Dark-Manic-Mask-is-perfect-don-t-change-anything

I made my own thread now. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm sorry.
No problem. As the definition says, it can be accidental! :)

Rare
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM

I vote yes for laser guns.

...but so far noone is really agreeing with you.

Sorry, I agree with him about the laser guns.

Carapace
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Let's keep this thread civil please.

Lady_Pebbles
08-15-2012, 05:14 AM
I really wonder what changes they have in mind. A glow effect? Blood slipping from between the cracks? Both? Im curious how it would look.

Maybe this could be more fun if they added a thread and had us vote on which concept look for the mask we would want. Hell, maybe even hold a contest for the players to submit their concept of the mask.

Make this interesting.

Flowman
08-15-2012, 08:11 AM
On second thought don't change a damn thing.