PDA

View Full Version : taunt rework possibly??

Immortal_Blood
07-17-2022, 11:05 AM
i feel taunt being overriden by other taunts is bad.. taunt rework or making warriors taunts "different" may be good idea.. right now it feels like warrior taunts are useless..

i just taunted some mobs and the other player in my pt attacked em and they agro them instantly.. i dont see the use of taunt if its gonna be overriden like that .

asommers
07-17-2022, 11:31 AM
I'll add this to the list of things to look at.

-ALS

Stephencobear
07-17-2022, 12:54 PM

-ALS

This may be of interest
Taunt is canceled by anyone who does more damage than the tank

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?602054-Is-the-taunt-upgrade-in-some-skills-overwritten-by-damage

Immortal_Blood
07-17-2022, 04:36 PM
cheers.. :P i appreciate it

Immortal_Blood
07-17-2022, 04:46 PM
This may be of interest
Taunt is canceled by anyone who does more damage than the tank

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?602054-Is-the-taunt-upgrade-in-some-skills-overwritten-by-damage

im certain.. i noticed it earlier when running rahab... i had the agro of a mob and the party mage attacked the mob and within a second or so the mob now shoots the mage..

i said in other thread that the timer for a taunt to wear off (if there is one) should be increased to 9999999s for warriors.. :D i think that would make warriors actually op.

but of course.. if someone does a lot more damage i get it why the mob would be smart enough to change targets.. makes sense/.

not sure how to solve that..problem.

gonna get complex i think.. hahahhahha.

perhaps a 5s proc for idk "hard taunt" is applied when warriors taunt.. (hard taunt cannot be overridden by other taunt factors from any source)

the cooldowns for the skills-

horn 15s
jug 35s?
windmill 10s
chest splitter 3s

well due to chest splitter u could effectively have agrro indefinitely if hard taunt works for 5s.

it would help a lot.

I noticed in fly lord my rogue friend died quite frequently because taunts sometimes get overridden at the "perfect time" by her op attacks, and guess what.... orricks 1 shot abilty has just charged up.. hahahah

Thewolfbull
07-19-2022, 11:11 PM
Mages heal skill also takes aggro from very far away

Stephencobear
07-19-2022, 11:27 PM
Mages heal skill also takes aggro from very far away

Ty! This is exactly the kind of things that should not supersede taunt
Just like damage output

@ Abbk, I think I agree mostly to the jist of your ideas, but as to the specifics, I’m not sure
(war my least knowledge)

Fearrr
07-20-2022, 12:45 AM

-ALS

That is great to hear. I agree with the others in here that a War's Taunt should not be losing Aggro to other sources besides another War's Taunt. Since Taunt is related to Pve only would it be that big of a deal to have a Hard Taunt type of feature like Immortal described? How much time would it take to make this happen? Before Elite Zodias Gauntlet? I think Taunt and War's being able to do it properly is going to be very important in that New Map.

asommers
08-09-2022, 11:12 AM
This has been implemented and will be in the next server (content) update.

Mobs will hold the last taunter for 5 seconds.

-ALS

Immortal_Blood
08-09-2022, 03:28 PM
Awesome , ty ! :> I am looking forward trying out new taunt!