PDA

View Full Version : Your Perfect Pocket Legends

Gavry
08-27-2010, 05:56 AM
I like to dream about what PL could be like and what I think would make the already fantastic game so much better. Listed below are the key points I would love to see added to/changed in the game to make it my perfect game.

Auction House
Pretty much what has been outlined in the various Auction House topics so far would be great.

Guilds
Pretty much what has been outlined in the various Guild topics so far would be great.

Attributes
Add at least two new attributes, Constitution (CON) and Wisdom (WIS).

Strength (STR) should relate primarily to base damage, Warrior type equipment requirements & Warrior skills.

CON should primarily relate to Hit Points, H/s regeneration & Warrior skills.

Intelligence (INT) should relate primarily to Mana Points, M/s regeneration & Mage skills.

Wisdom (WIS) should relate primarily to Healing and protection spell efficiency & Cleric skills.

Dexterity (DEX) would primarily relate to Hit chance, Armour Class and Archer skills.

Races and Classes
I'd like to see races and classes split apart. I want bear spell casters, bird thieves, etc.

I think we also need sexes added so we can have male and female versions of each race.

Different races should have bonuses and penalties in regards to Attributes. Bears would have bonuses to STR & CON for instance, and penalties to INT & WIS.

I like the three main base classes as they sit. With the addition of additional Attributes and skill trees players can then develop custom classes from these bases.

STR, CON & DEX = Warrior
STR, CON & WIS, = Paladin
INT = Mage
WIS = Cleric
DEX, CON & WIS = Ranger
DEX, STR & CON = Archer

etc

Skills
Add skill trees.

Allow different classes to branch out into different trees depending on points spent and current attributes.

Make it that a player needs an attribute to a certain level to learn a particular skill. Warrior type skills would need different levels of STR or CON. Mage skills INT or WIS, etc.

While on skills I think Dodge should be a skill and not a base attribute.

Group Game Mode
Add a new type of New Game mode. Rules are as follows:

1. You have to start from the first map in a campaign.
2. You have to play through sequentially.
3. You can't join a group once its started.
4. Bosses will ALWAYS drop pink. A selection of items relevant to the boss type.
5. Sub-bosses ALWAYS drop pink or purple. A selection of items relevant to the boss type.

That way people can still farm, and maybe get the same number of items over the same time, or get an organised group together and play through for guaranteed items.

Expand on this by adding a group equipment pool where all pinks and purples automatically go into, that rather than individuals. Then you have a nice group way of playing rather than the current every-man-for-himself approach.

Interactive Maps
Have interactive features added to maps. My ideas are stuff like:

1. Doors
2. Keys
3. Traps
4. Puzzles, high Int characters can solve them, low have trouble.
5. Teleporters

etc

Royce
08-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Very good ideas. I am particularly in favor of separation of race and class, and skill trees. As for the additional attributes idea, I'm not totally against it, but it seems like there are basically 2 mage attributes, 2 warrior attributes, and 1 archer attribute in your scheme. Maybe if you added agility or speed or something...

Osavearisie
10-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Excellent ideas! 1 in particular has caught my interest... I think it should be absolutely essential For some sort of guaranteed drop during group gameplay When defeating a boss. Furthermore like you mentioned... Randomizing it so everyone in the party gets a chance for drops. As it stands now you can run for 3 hours And someone in party may not get anything. I have seen this happen so many times. You'll do experience runs for hours and hours On same level and defeat same boss... somebody always gets left out of a drop. Also farming would be a lot better... as you all know you can spend day's without getting anything decent. Nice post and great ideas!!!
Sincerely,
Osavearisie but recently changed to... Tankunbound

RBeltran
10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Excellent ideas! 1 in particular has caught my interest... I think it should be absolutely essential For some sort of guaranteed drop during group gameplay When defeating a boss. Furthermore like you mentioned... Randomizing it so everyone in the party gets a chance for drops. As it stands now you can run for 3 hours And someone in party may not get anything. I have seen this happen so many times. You'll do experience runs for hours and hours On same level and defeat same boss... somebody always gets left out of a drop. Also farming would be a lot better... as you all know you can spend day's without getting anything decent. Nice post and great ideas!!!
Sincerely,
Osavearisie but recently changed to... Tankunbound

Why did you revive this? Just wondering.