View Full Version : No bonus for future vanity items?

thedream
07-29-2012, 02:43 AM
I recently came across this quote from TE that says this.

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing: -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest. -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider: A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?

Greatly disappointing for me as people that have 56,61,66 elite items will have a advantage over people in the future and now who don't. What about you guys?

LwMark
07-29-2012, 02:59 AM
i was thinkin about when you said if i would trade my vanities for a even better or keep..it would be so hard to do that lol

Lowlyspy
07-29-2012, 03:56 AM
If the rings come true they could put a new "Prince" in who gives out the rings then in future campaigns the "Prince" could give out different rings with about the same power as the previous but also craft the rings from older people into more powerful ones. I for one miss the days when vanities were actually meant to be used for vanity and would have no problem with this. (I never go for elite caps in PL anyway)

RedRyder
07-29-2012, 04:19 AM
I don't go for caps either, but the one time I did, and twice, ended up in my wasting my money. Figures.

Phoenixking
07-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't go for caps either, but the one time I did, and twice, ended up in my wasting my money. Figures.
Yeah, it gives an empty feeling. . . Atleast MFA looks rather smexy

RedRyder
07-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Yeah, it gives an empty feeling. . . Atleast MFA looks rather smexy

Not on a Mage.

Phoenixking
07-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Not on a Mage.
true (ーー;)

Whirlzap
07-29-2012, 11:49 AM
It looks nice on a mage.
MFA is awesome, you guys have no taste of fashion >.>

Anyways, I would love of future vanities gave a +1 to skill rank to buffs or skills to each corresponding class.
The damage modifier buff for each corresponding class is Focus (Bird), Blessing of Vitality (Mage), and Rage (Bear).
Give a +1 to that so the max would be skill rank 8.
That would be awesome, no?

And yes, it does seem like 56, 61, 66 would have an advantage with the elite vanity bonus.
But if you could perhaps do something with those new elite vanities, it could even out the playing ground.

saool
07-29-2012, 12:06 PM
It would be interesting if future vanities, like Techno said could be turned into rings! As long as I can wear them like current rings. Imagine that ring with current vanity bonus!

Elyseon
07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
MFA looks good for all classes O.o
Maybe I'm just comparing it to fang gear tho

Energizeric
07-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Ring is better since I can wear it with any gear.

gibol1412
07-29-2012, 02:24 PM
If they do that, they must do this for lvl 56, 61 and 66 items. That must be fair deal.

slaveleia
07-29-2012, 02:53 PM
I thought the reason players grind so hard to reach cap (going over mountains of xp) is to receive these bonuses from cap items or sets? The vanity stuff better look amazing otherwise I don't think ppl would try to cap as hard.

I wouldn't mind rings that would give out bonuses and also bring back our beloved Fallen Prince...

I remember seeing this quote from Techno….I would love to see the Volcoconut erupting, I was so excited when I first saw this…lolol

RedRyder
07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
People hit the first cap for the cool af persistence crown. The two caps after we're to get the full set bonus. The fourth time around was because we assumed it'd create another bonus, but nope. The only incentive to 71 now, is access to the elite campaign.

It'd be cool if they'd just give us rings that'd have an added visual effect on top of its stats, in the same was that the solstice shards and ecliptic moon gem give the players a ring of light/fire on the necks and wrists respectively. That'd make me a happy camper. The cap reward now is good though. I'm sure the majority of us are over the whole no more bonus thing.

McBain
07-29-2012, 05:10 PM
It's funny this got brought up because I just thinking about rings and how there hasn't been anything done with them in forever. I mean, the cap is up to 71 now and the rings are still just level 10 and 20. Some higher powered rings would be cool. Maybe even make them craftable?!?!?

Cahaun
07-29-2012, 05:18 PM
It's funny this got brought up because I just thinking about rings and how there hasn't been anything done with them in forever. I mean, the cap is up to 71 now and the rings are still just level 10 and 20. Some higher powered rings would be cool. Maybe even make them craftable?!?!?
That and make them craftable for gold. Transplants in Star Legends are a prime example of what I'm looking for.

WoundedEagle
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Here's exactly how it should change:

-No bonus for CoP, SoH, and MFA set.
-In exchange for no bonus, a better statted ring.
-If this happened, I'd like my CoP, SoH, and MFA vanities stashable with no level requirement.

Thanks,

~WE

Elyseon
07-29-2012, 08:26 PM

-If this happened, I'd like my CoP, SoH, and MFA vanities stashable with no level requirement.

Thanks,

~WE
id say stashable with the level req still because that way it can only be worn as low as the campaign it came from
i realize its a minor detail, but i dont see any real need for level 10s to have it

NotYoCookiez
07-29-2012, 08:32 PM
End game will be forever unbalanced without new elite bonus ),:
People like meh that didn't get any elite stuff will have a bad advantage!

This why I don't endgame as much :/ but tbh you give me sparkles im happy ^_^

modredd
07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't like this direction at all. It was my assumption we would be starting a new set with lvl 71.
If this is the direction with no bonus for caping I will retire from the game.

Phoenixking
07-30-2012, 12:36 AM

Thanks,

~WE
COP on a level 4. . . Nyan

Play
07-30-2012, 01:43 AM
i hope the new elite vanity helm armor n shield will have stat bonus equal or similar to the old ones.

Phoenixking
07-30-2012, 01:45 AM
i hope the new elite vanity helm armor n shield will have stat bonus equal or similar to the old ones.
They will have no stats bonus