PDA

View Full Version : New mute system

bramer
07-29-2012, 07:39 PM
OK, so the old mute system goes like this: you say a bad, you get muted, you say it a few more times you get banned for 24 hours. I think there's some room for improvement
I call it the "six strikes and you're out".

"Strike one" You get a warning that says- WARNING IF YOU CONTINUE TO SAY THIS WORD YOU WILL GET MUTED
Same thing for strikes two and three except you get muted on the 3rd one.

Strike four you get muted for ten minutes

Strike five muted for fifteen minutes

Strike six banned for 24 hours.

I think this system would help weed out the players who are just messing around from the ones that are actually bad.

Livemau
07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
sometimes its an accident for me
one time i typed something and didnt even know what i said
it was supposed to be a appropriate so at 80 words per minute i said it and bam im muted

Rawrimafish
07-29-2012, 07:55 PM
i got muted for naming a fish i ate, something alaskin (cant remember) but i think i typed to fast lol

bramer
07-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Lol

This is Bramer - signing out

Yich
08-06-2012, 01:07 PM
There are plenty of words you can't say. For example, I can't tell you on Pocket Legends how much I disapprove of cock fighting or tell you I think it's funny when tweety bird says "I thought I saw a pussy cat". I dont like the censor at all. Anyone who is out there to say bad words will just use censor avoidance, and all clean players will get muted for accidents. It seems like a lose lose to me.

Bless
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Some idiots in game say this: I'll give 50k to whoever says GEMS backwards or say GEMS backwards. So I got muted once for saying that and I don't even know what it means :/ I'm 13

StompArtist
08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
There are plenty of words you can't say. For example, I can't tell you on Pocket Legends how much I disapprove of cock fighting or tell you I think it's funny when tweety bird says "I thought I saw a pussy cat". I dont like the censor at all. Anyone who is out there to say bad words will just use censor avoidance, and all clean players will get muted for accidents. It seems like a lose lose to me.

Makes it hard to roleplay tweety bird.

morfic
08-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Makes it hard to roleplay tweety bird.

Any TRUE Tweety bird role-player, would know that you would use the spelling, "Puddy cat".

StompArtist
08-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Any TRUE Tweety bird role-player, would know that you would use the spelling, "Puddy cat".

Thsufferin Thuccotash! You didn't have to over do it!

Entertaining
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Some idiots in game say this: I'll give 50k to whoever says GEMS backwards or say GEMS backwards. So I got muted once for saying that and I don't even know what it means :/ I'm 13

You don't want to know. Just don't say it.

StompArtist
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
You don't want to know. Just don't say it.

Report the person coercing you into swearing as well.

Pwneverything
08-07-2012, 04:16 PM
PHEW! i thought i was banned as in never gonna play again... thats a big relief. gotten muted like 5 times...

call it
08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
I said douche and was muted. :X

Schnitzel
08-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok i really dont know when i say 'that water tastes bad' (just an example) it comes out 'tha* ***er tastes bad'
Anyone can tell me why? I got no clue..same with the gems backwards thing..im only 14..

StompArtist
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok i really dont know when i say 'that water tastes bad' (just an example) it comes out 'tha* ***er tastes bad'
Anyone can tell me why? I got no clue..same with the gems backwards thing..im only 14..

You are too young to know and, apparently, I am too old to know. Not a clue. lol

Deathpunch
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
You are too young to know and, apparently, I am too old to know. Not a clue. lol

Lmao, I know, but I'll not say. As for the gems thing, isn't it some sort of British slang? I've never heard it until I started playing SL.

EDIT: Yep, it's British, all purpose swear word from Red Dwarf. Also has other, kind of gross, meanings. Wikipedia FTW!

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

StompArtist
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Lmao, I know, but I'll not say.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

Yeah someone just pointed it out. lol

cookiez
08-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I accidentally say bad stuff and get muted when I'm typing to fast. Sometimes I even do it like 4x in a row. Example: "that was a nice sh*t "
What I meant to say: "that was a nice shot"

This would suck for people like me

Energizeric
08-15-2012, 07:29 PM
You get muted for saying a bad word? This happens to me all the time and I never been muted. In fact, the iPhone with its autocorrect keeps wanting to type "sex" instead of "dex", and often times I don't catch and just send the message, and then follow with an "oops, meant dex"

Hadesofshadow
08-16-2012, 02:35 AM
auto correct had made me say sexually related things numerous times