PDA

View Full Version : Energy drop rate

gravings
07-22-2022, 06:47 AM
make the drop rate the same throughout arlor? I’m sure I can’t be the only one tired of going to two spots to farm energy when it should have the same drop rate in a lot of areas.

Immortal_Blood
07-22-2022, 11:56 AM
i dont think energy drop rate buff is on the list but i wish it was .. +1

Cinco
07-22-2022, 12:13 PM
Drop rate isn't specifically about where you fight; it is related to the difference between your Character level and the Monster level. So if you're bottom-feeding with your endgame Legend to blaze through easy content you should not be getting as much energy as when you're fighting at (or above) your level.

Doing it the other way (drop rate same everywhere irrespective of level difference) has to be balanced... and that means that everybody has to suffer a much worse drop rate - just to keep it fair in a realm where Level 10's take 5 seconds to kill Level 15 Monsters while Level 81's kill a dozen Level 15 Monsters in 0.33 seconds.

Hope that makes sense :-)

Analytical
07-22-2022, 12:37 PM
Drop rate isn't specifically about where you fight; it is related to the difference between your Character level and the Monster level. So if you're bottom-feeding with your endgame Legend to blaze through easy content you should not be getting as much energy as when you're fighting at (or above) your level.

Doing it the other way (drop rate same everywhere irrespective of level difference) has to be balanced... and that means that everybody has to suffer a much worse drop rate - just to keep it fair in a realm where Level 10's take 5 seconds to kill Level 15 Monsters while Level 81's kill a dozen Level 15 Monsters in 0.33 seconds.

Appreciate the thorough explanation on this ancient issue (;

Ploid
07-22-2022, 12:53 PM

Hope that makes sense :-)How would this work with a low level character farming in m6 for energies?

Is the level difference capped? Or the bigger the level difference, the better the energy drop rates?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-22-2022, 01:15 PM
How would this work with a low level character farming in m6 for energies?

Is the level difference capped? Or the bigger the level difference, the better the energy drop rates?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

While the level difference itself is not 'capped,' the drop chance has a maximum. A low level trying to farm m6 would get the best drop chance but there are complications with such a big level difference. For low levels the trick is to fight at-level and higher-level stuff that you can defeat quickly so you're not wasting time trying to earn kills (or worse, to survive).

Xuds
07-22-2022, 01:31 PM
While the level difference itself is not 'capped,' the drop chance has a maximum. A low level trying to farm m6 would get the best drop chance but there are complications with such a big level difference. For low levels the trick is to fight at-level and higher-level stuff that you can defeat quickly so you're not wasting time trying to earn kills (or worse, to survive).Will we be able to catch any of the devs in a race during this event?

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Will we be able to catch any of the devs in a race during this event?

Yes!

And you'll probably beat us to the finish line :-)

Immortal_Blood
07-22-2022, 01:42 PM
@cinco nice to see u will be enjoying the event too.

perhaps essence should be given if we do something in the races? like do not hit the traps? @@

Xuds
07-22-2022, 02:03 PM
@cinco nice to see u will be enjoying the event too.

perhaps essence should be given if we do something in the races? like do not hit the traps? @@Maybe not crashing can grant 1-3 essence, collecting X amount of coins grants 1-3 essence, finishing in 1,2,3 or 4th grants X amount of essence, as well as not hitting any traps can grant 1-3. Just a rough idea

Immortal_Blood
07-22-2022, 05:59 PM
collecting energy is a problem.

gravings
07-24-2022, 09:30 AM

Yessir it does make sense! But i like to do aps like elite map runs, example elite shuyal. So my question is, With the way you explained it. What’s the difference of me farming at elite shuyal over hauntlet….

Dadansn
07-24-2022, 01:56 PM
But why "fix" something that didnt need fixing?

The energy drop rates have been the same (or almost the same-negligably different) across all combinations of levels and maps since the first energy-required event, which gave players the freedom to farm energy wherever they wanted. It also gave us the opportunity to go back to some older maps which we usually do not have a reason to visit.
For example, I almost always farmed energy in the last elite map of kraken isles, delusionally hoping to eventually get black nefarious hooks from chests. Now I cannot even do that.

To make the matter, worse, this change is also punishing for players who are trying to level up. Majority of players farming XP will take up quests from Nordir and harder areas on a daily basis. Im currently lv78, and I cannot get any energy from any area that comes before Underhul.

Combine that with the fact that Im terrible at racing games, and have only gotten 3rd place maybe 3 times (1-2 were only because of disconnects) out of 50+ event runs, you will get someone who cannot possibly get to platinum tier.

Instead of lowering the chance of energy drop for higher level sufficits, why dont you instead reward the players who farm energy in "level-appropriate" areas with increased drop rate from the base one?

Immortal_Blood
07-25-2022, 02:15 PM
Yessir it does make sense! But i like to do aps like elite map runs, example elite shuyal. So my question is, With the way you explained it. What’s the difference of me farming at elite shuyal over hauntlet….

this...........was farming graveyard earlier, no loot there, the mobs are harder to kill than hauntlet but i got basically 0 energy during the hour i was there.