PDA

View Full Version : Adding day and night

Apoffis
07-23-2022, 10:16 AM
I greet you all!!!
I got an idea about adding day and night. Arcane Legends as a game would certainly have a much nicer and more mysterious atmosphere. Both in cities and on maps...
Effects like auras and various others would add to it.Textures could be equipped with lanterns or torches at night.
It would certainly be appreciated by many players!!I think this change would be able to attract the attention of many newcomers to the game!
Please think about it a lot.
Ign: Apoffis

Apoffis
07-23-2022, 10:21 AM
I greet you all!!!
I got an idea about adding day and night. Arcane Legends as a game would certainly have a much nicer and more mysterious atmosphere. Both in cities and on maps...
Effects like auras and various others would add to it.Textures could be equipped with lanterns or torches at night.
It would certainly be appreciated by many players!!I think this change would be able to attract the attention of many newcomers to the game!
Please think about it a lot.
Ign: Apoffis

Arazaanikl
07-23-2022, 10:48 AM
that would be so dope +1

Stephencobear
07-23-2022, 11:35 AM
Pls no

At night it would be harder to see
plus auras/effects/pets/wisps would become even more of a blinding eyesore obscuring the game

Not unless we finally got a way to control all the clutter onscreen

Stephencobear
07-23-2022, 11:38 AM

Don’t want auras to block everything I want to see at night

Corviss the Lich
07-23-2022, 11:41 AM
Pls no

At night it would be harder to see
plus auras/effects/pets/wisps would become even more of a blinding eyesore obscuring the game

Not unless we finally got a way to control all the clutter onscreen

I kinda like the idea of the OP, better yet if they may include an option to make it stop cycling time or just make it forever day.

Apoffis
07-23-2022, 06:56 PM

Don’t want auras to block everything I want to see at night

The aura wouldn't have to block anything.. The effects would just be more pronounced. Non-blinding.. I would make a box in the settings to turn this feature on or off. For example, the visual turning off of the helmet...
Many people might like this change.

Otherwise, thanks for the feedback!
Best regards, Apoffis.

Stephencobear
07-23-2022, 08:52 PM
The aura wouldn't have to block anything.. The effects would just be more pronounced. Non-blinding.. I would make a box in the settings to turn this feature on or off. For example, the visual turning off of the helmet...
Many people might like this change.

Otherwise, thanks for the feedback!
Best regards, Apoffis.

Yes aura “wouldn’t have to” block anything,
but if you simply made the background darker to make it “night” but nothing else was made dark then it would have the effect of INCREASING all bright effects in relation to the background rendering auras even more obnoxiously blinding

But, the second part you add that says “make it an option” would be acceptable tbf

Stephencobear
07-23-2022, 08:56 PM
I kinda like the idea of the OP, better yet if they may include an option to make it stop cycling time or just make it forever day.

I’m k with the addition of an option like the option of badges and titles which is illogically absent with auras

Xuds
07-23-2022, 09:23 PM
I’m k with the addition of an option like the option of badges and titles which is illogically absent with aurasI don't think they'll do this because it might affect their aura income, it would be nice to have this option for the people that want it since it does affect gameplay in pve maps

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
07-23-2022, 09:40 PM
I don't think they'll do this because it might affect their aura income

This is the usual player response to my idea
Yet- do ppl not run for badges or titles because I can turn them off?!?

it would be nice to have this option for the people that want it since it does affect gameplay in pve maps

I’ll just say ty for recognizing auras negatively affect pve ;D

Jajang
07-24-2022, 02:20 AM
+1 gooooooooooddd

chiiwawa
07-24-2022, 06:02 AM
I actually like the idea. A way to turn it off and on would need to be for sure. Of course even at night there are so many aruras and other blinding lights that it would still look like daytime. So i dunno.

Stormydragon
07-24-2022, 01:40 PM
+1

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk

asommers
07-25-2022, 09:15 PM
See this thread (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?558792-Arcane-Legends-Engine).

-ALS