PDA

View Full Version : These drops...

Floating
07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I really do not want to complain but this drop system is messed up. I have been farming , like many others, for ove a week now tryin to get an undead mask as a drop and not a "buy". Until now I got 40k kills more than before the event, 1 snake mask and 1 eagle mask as a drop. I know many others who have gotten over 60k kills and 0 undea masks. I also know 3-4 people who have farmed 1-2 days for aproximately 20-40k kills and got 2-3 undead masks, gamer pants, bats, tracksuit vanities, gamer vanities, dark manic masks and anythin like that
My question is: Why do people trying for around 1 week not get a single GOOD drop and a lvl 13 who has merely started playin with 500 kills has gamer pants? Why does someone with 1000 kills get a dark manic mask? Why does a 21 who did 1 run at reapin gets undead?
This is my 2 last days experience:
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/187dff4c.jpg

In WoW we knew that after each raid (1raid=1week) we would get 2-3 good items to change the ones we already owned. Even in Pocket Legends we knew that as a party we would get 2-3 drops after 6-7 hours of farming. In dl I can't get 1 drop after WASTING over 10 hours of my lfe in front of a small screen hurtin my eyes to find the not "lookin like a gorilla" mask... And sti nothing.
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/7765ba45.jpg

If u made the drops hard to make us play more... You achieved the opposite

Rare
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Float... I feel ya man. Over 40k kills for me since the solstice event started and not a single vanity drop of any sort.

Floating
07-30-2012, 03:37 PM
The other dude in town had white bats and 1k kills. "How did u get it? I was doing missions to lvl"

sun light
07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
i know what u mean.
i got the same rate drops before and after the update.
in fact. before the update it was more lucky.
i think the problem is with chance system
cos every kill u rolle a number.
and its small chance. very small.. tiny :)
so every kill ure chance is around... nothing.
thats why we can see ppl with mil kills and no mask.
and its sucks..

Floating
07-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Sun light u have no reason to talk about bad luck... U got 3 masks in 50k kills so seriously even sayin the chances are small is hypocritic >: |

Pauly
07-30-2012, 03:55 PM
i agree. i gave up after 25k wasted 300k on gold elixirs. after the drop rate increase.

octavos
07-30-2012, 04:06 PM
i agree. i gave up after 25k wasted 300k on gold elixirs. after the drop rate increase.

im in the same boat, I gave up on farming.

Floating
07-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Instead of making me to want to pve more this event made me hate pve -.- Back to pvp i guess til i get bored there too

Carapace
07-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I really do not want to complain but this drop system is messed up. I have been farming , like many others, for ove a week now tryin to get an undead mask as a drop and not a "buy". Until now I got 40k kills more than before the event, 1 snake mask and 1 eagle mask as a drop. I know many others who have gotten over 60k kills and 0 undea masks. I also know 3-4 people who have farmed 1-2 days for aproximately 20-40k kills and got 2-3 undead masks, gamer pants, bats, tracksuit vanities, gamer vanities, dark manic masks and anythin like that
My question is: Why do people trying for around 1 week not get a single GOOD drop and a lvl 13 who has merely started playin with 500 kills has gamer pants? Why does someone with 1000 kills get a dark manic mask? Why does a 21 who did 1 run at reapin gets undead?
This is my 2 last days experience:
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/187dff4c.jpg

In WoW we knew that after each raid (1raid=1week) we would get 2-3 good items to change the ones we already owned. Even in Pocket Legends we knew that as a party we would get 2-3 drops after 6-7 hours of farming. In dl I can't get 1 drop after WASTING over 10 hours of my lfe in front of a small screen hurtin my eyes to find the not "lookin like a gorilla" mask... And sti nothing.

This is a valid point, and I'm going to take a few minutes to fill everyone in on my thoughts.

I can understand the frustration here, but based on the WoW comparison you've used, my opinion is this is apples to oranges. A fairer comparison would be your chances of finding an Epic drop while out doing your dailies, or leveling through content that isn't tied to a particular mob.

Kriegberg and other bosses have particular items to farm in the form you are describing, with applicable expectations. Due to the nature of these world drops being very much random with smaller odds to insure their value, they are more difficult to farm. On the upside you have a leg up in that you do know where such drops can be found based on forum discussions and the like, where as say in WoW looking for a particular level 82 epic that drops from a random world is not possible to farm besides simply playing.

In particular the idea of these drops is a new and exciting element added to Dark Legends, and is still undergoing tweaks. I'm watching the numbers on items I've put in to see if they mesh well with what I feel they should be, or if it's dropping too little or too much. Striking a balance is fairly difficult, and there will always be players on both sides of the fence in regards to which way is the appropriate way to handle drop rates in the world. I want players to feel rewarded, but not have another Purified Shard mistake.

My thought process on this is that it is always easier to throttle and increase a drop rate as opposed to nerfing a drop rate. Once there are say 800 albino bat pets in the world from a bad number in days for example, adjusting the drop rate to minimize the drop rate will tend to make more people sour and already have ruined the value of said item across the board because they already exist. In order to keep something worthwhile, it needs to be more rare. Does this mean everything I put in the game should be rare? Of course not, and as more items come on line we will be seeing more of these vanity and pet drops that range from reasonably common to rare, legendary and even rarer in drop rates. For the time being the number of items available are few so the rarity is as I feel appropriate for their introduction. I also want to inject that the vanities already in and at certain drop rates will not become the more common drops.

I hope this helps explain a bit of my thought process on this, and I want to emphasize I am listening to you all and making adjustments where I feel it is appropriate. Having said that, I know this will both appeal to some players and disgust others, and over time I will try and spread the love to everyone. :vsmile:

Fao
07-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I understand what you mean Cara!

People who farm much more than others do deserve what they are farming for, but my problem is if something is easy to get but it's awesome, it's not as good when you have it because everyone else has it too! I like things being super rare, that way not many people have them and when they do, they look cool!

And "spread the love" Cara;)

Floating
07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
In wow, even oranges can be found in 2-3 weeks. I was able to ge the orange bow and the orange lightning sword in 3 weeks on my hunter and on the rogue I had both illidan swords in less than 4 weeks. And i spent 8-9 hours in total to do the above.
A level 82 pink can also be spotted and put on www.wowhead.com and players will go find the location and farm it. Drop chance of any mob on WoW map on pink is more or less 3-4%. .
If there is an event ongoing the drop rate of the event items will go high, especially on raids like Dragonsoul. Even the rarest mount, which drops from last boss of the hardest raid, has a particularly good drop rate.
In an event the drop rate is not minimized or maximized. It is set to a point where one can find his items, feel he acomplished his goal in a correct number of hours and then have the oportunity to find another, but will have to farm again over and over. If you do the 0.000001% drop rate on Undead the half community will be unpleased and won't ever see it drop.
Now the community consists of 500-1000 standard people when in 2/3 months i beleive and hope will be 3000-4000. With 200 undead masks or less goin around can you imagine the price?

It is like the headless horseman mount in WoW. Even That they made the chance to increase.

I understand what you mean Cara!

People who farm much more than others do deserve what they are farming for, but my problem is if something is easy to get but it's awesome, it's not as good when you have it because everyone else has it too! I like things being super rare, that way not many people have them and when they do, they look cool!

And "spread the love" Cara;)

Get 40k kills farming 0 and then spread the love

Sam_Arah
07-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree float ... luckly I have gotten mask to drop twice: once at beginning of event, and another time over the weekend. I sold one of my masks. I'm pretty much sure I was lucky to get these drops though as I know many others have been farming more then me and havent gotten it. There have been others that have been luckier than me.

I doubt I will attempt to farm other items like gamer or manic vanities cause they just arnt appealing to me to sacrifice time to farm given the amount of time i did for undead masks. The pets I might try to get if map is confirmed.

monarchival
07-30-2012, 04:48 PM
One of the unlucky ones here. Seems the only way for me to get one is to buy it. Me playing everyday since dl was release having to give pratically all my gold to a new player who has mask just doesnt seem right and definetly not rewarding. >:/

sun light
07-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Sun light u have no reason to talk about bad luck... U got 3 masks in 50k kills so seriously even sayin the chances are small is hypocritic >: |
u right... i cant talk about bad luck.
i dont think it have bad luck.
berry had bad luck with almost 60k kills and nothing.
Roco had bad luck with 68k kills and nothing.
but it also think im not lucky. ppl talk about 10 runs and undead mask!
and idk how u farm... but it raped that map
myb if ure farming 4k kills each time its not good.. idk..
but it have something like 68k kills now.
and 60k of them was in dead end map!
myb if u farm more 7 hours nonstop that whould help.. and not 1 hours now and 1 hour later... idk. thats my point of view.

Floating
07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I farmed 8 hours in a row and got 25k kills -.- and 0 drops. And the 40k kills were only on Floating. i got 20k on Padie and 10k on Olympian and 0 drops too

Takezaki
07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Hard Luck. For every person that has 30k+ kills and no vanity there's someone else with sub 10k and 2 masks it seems.

Floating
07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Hard Luck. For every person that has 30k+ kills and no vanity there's someone else with sub 10k and 2 masks it seems.

Maybe 3

wvhills
07-30-2012, 05:05 PM
I've said this in other places but I'm going to say it again here. IMO, the problem isn't the low drop rates it's the tediousness of doing the same run over and over and over and over and over and over again trying to get the drop u want. Carapace, I love dl overall but pve needs a complete overhaul. There needs to be some differentiation in builds (a dps build, a crowd control build and a healing/buff/debuff build). Team dynamics would go a long way in alleviating the boredom we get in playing pve. In pl we canbe doing the same map over and over but each run is different based upon the actions of the other party members. In dl people solo everything and even when ur not slowing all u do is mash ur skills and watch stuff die. I think u guys want people to play and adding vanities as drops is a good way to do it but it would be even better if pve were actually fun to play in and of its own self.

Floating
07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
What wvils said... In WoW i was doing the same raid over and over again witht hessme people BUT each run was unique. There were 9-10 bosses with hard tactics and each run had something hard and fun to keep us excited. Dl is just "kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->"kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->"kill the zombie" "kill the zombie" "break the barrel" "kill the boss" " glyph" -->

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 05:49 PM
In 6 years of playing wow, top of the game in american and world, spending waaaay too much time... I only ever got one purple world drop.

..one

Of course this isnt a pc mmo. It is a mobile MMO... and I really do believe insanely rare things shouldn't exist in this medium. Especially when inhibited by a limited battery life. Not gonna stay tethered to a 3foot charger cable so I can farm for 8 hours in a mobile.

Carapace
07-30-2012, 05:51 PM
The repetition may have a large roll to play in this for sure. Seeing the same scenarios time after time can be tedious for sure, unfortunately there is not a quick fix for this.

It's not an excuse, but our initial idea with DL was to be more bite-sized and casual than our other MMO titles. Choosing that particular path creates some of the problems you guys are hitting on.

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 05:54 PM
but our initial idea with DL was to be more bite-sized and casual than our other MMO titles.

Told you Takezaki=P
But still, by that logic:
I understand it is better to add things in rarer than necessary, cause it is easier to increase a droprate than decreease after a flood, but yeah... mobile casual mmo... Dun really think anything should require 100 man hour farm in this game.

Flowman
07-30-2012, 05:58 PM
I'd be so down for larger scaled multiplayer-only maps...like a map that warns you beforehand that it's a large map...maybe even something with multiple floors? Like exploring a mansion in entirety. Something for the players who enjoy the longer hauls and the lengths of the PL/SL maps

Kaytar
07-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Haven't got an undead mask yet but I'm going to keep trying! :D

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Larger maps that promote community among players is why I love SL.

KillaSkillz
07-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Here's some bad luck. I have 35k+ kills, and have only gotten 2 pink weapons drops from maps, never a gem or shard or stone or whatever, never a vanity or pet.

What i have is from packs, bought, allies missions and nightly reward.
I am at the point of why bother. Think i will just run every map when i want to, and stop grinding, and if i happen to'get something , well good. Aand if not i wont be frustrated or burnt out over it. I've had enough of chasing items that just don't drop for me.

kluu
07-30-2012, 06:14 PM
this is my exact predicament.. ive been farming since this solstice started solid hours everyday.. and 0 vanity drops.. that is a big ole donut!! not eagle snake nor anything else.. while someone else who hasn't put in as much time will have multiple and extra vanities.. i don't get it.. i feel like my IP address is blacklisted from obtaining vanities lmao.

Tvis
07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Everybody has the exact same chance in getting a vanity. You want a better drop rate because you've been playing longer? Ridiculous. In time, more will come and the prices will drop as new vanities arrive in the world. Hold your head up and continue your farming. Good things come to those who wait :D

kluu
07-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Everybody has the exact same chance in getting a vanity. You want a better drop rate because you've been playing longer? Ridiculous. In time, more will come and the prices will drop as new vanities arrive in the world. Hold your head up and continue your farming. Good things come to those who wait :D

didn't say i was giving up.. at first i was frustrated now its dam near comical.

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 06:23 PM
i feel like my IP address is blacklisted from obtaining vanities lmao.
I know the feeling. Oh so well...

Xlilithii
07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
We are farming days and nights without getting even a single vanity and it's really disappointing. Ppl who are only doing missions and they get lucky drops. It's not very fair as we wasted time, gold, and energy for it but getting nothing. There should be something to award the farmers for trying their best on farming. I hope at least we should know the drop rate of undead mask and it'll be more achievable. As it's only droppable during the event, the mask is a little bit too rare and its price will rise rapidly to like 5mil or 10mil something after summer event is over. I think it should be as rare as the pinks and you can get it in 100-150 runs.

I'm not offending anyone else but ppl like floating should get something as reward.

These are just my opinions and thx for spending your time to read it:vD:

Carapace
07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd be so down for larger scaled multiplayer-only maps...like a map that warns you beforehand that it's a large map...maybe even something with multiple floors? Like exploring a mansion in entirety. Something for the players who enjoy the longer hauls and the lengths of the PL/SL maps

Something along these lines is coming :vwink:

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh god please

Lady_Pebbles
07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
I used to love big maps in SL but got tired of running those too because its still repeats the same maps to run over and over just to farm.

Hmm, what if yall take the concept of running multiple floors in the maps? Giving players a feel of running a long map without actually having it? For example, enter Dead End and run the map normally like we have now, then the glyph teleports us to the next floor with another map with a similar size to the original before we head into the next 3D map thats on the campaign. Or even add three floors? However, give us the choice to run just the main map or all floors. Would be nice to have the choice to run just the regular map or run all the floors.

Im just tired of the same ol'thing we get from PL & SL. Besides, it would be great to get something different! I mean come on, whats the point of having a CASUAL Mobile MMO when its not even casual? Casual does not require farming hours a day to -hopefully- get drops. This is just the same concept as wasting hella money to gamble on chance bundles for items. Smh.

Pauly
07-30-2012, 07:21 PM
what wvhills said at least shake things up a bit.

BloodGoddess
07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
133k kills & 100+k later I still dont have wat I want, after countless hrs of farming only vanity I have gotten is undead.

mafiainc42
07-30-2012, 07:58 PM
So C what has the number crunchin on gamer top reviled 1 every other other leap year?. Oo casual i didnt get that memo.

wvhills
07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Theres no such thing as a casual mmo. Lol.

Floating
07-31-2012, 12:55 AM
this is my exact predicament.. ive been farming since this solstice started solid hours everyday.. and 0 vanity drops.. that is a big ole donut!! not eagle snake nor anything else.. while someone else who hasn't put in as much time will have multiple and extra vanities.. i don't get it.. i feel like my IP address is blacklisted from obtaining vanities lmao.

Time to go on "safe mode" chrome :P

Mrsberry
07-31-2012, 05:51 AM
I agree that the events mask vanitys shouldnt be so rare but all the other vanitys should stay the way they are. Vanitys like the pet, gamers, manic are here to stay forever they should be very rare.
If all the vanities were easily attainable then people would complain that the games boring nothing to do. It does suck when a new player thats gottan a rare vanity after 5k kills to your 50k but drops randome and thats how it works. We should just congratulate and be happy for them not overly jelouse.

Floating
07-31-2012, 06:25 AM
I agree that the events mask vanitys shouldnt be so rare but all the other vanitys should stay the way they are. Vanitys like the pet, gamers, manic are here to stay forever they should be very rare.
If all the vanities were easily attainable then people would complain that the games boring nothing to do. It does suck when a new player thats gottan a rare vanity after 5k kills to your 50k but drops randome and thats how it works. We should just congratulate and be happy for them not overly jelouse.

I am not jealous at all. I am pointing out that 50k kills should mean at least one drop.... Not just whites

In really not gonna log DL ever again if I can't find one drop til the event is over. It is just the most unfair game I have ever joined and I have played over 14 mmorpgs

sun light
07-31-2012, 08:29 AM
i think they should keep those rare drops like they r now.
BUT they should make max kills for it.
depends how rare is that.
lets say loots, and if u complete 50k kills ull get it!

Floating
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Sunlight you wanna tell me they should keep the masks rare when I cant get one after 50k kills and u can get 3 after almost 55? Thats ironic and greedy of u

Rolocoaster
07-31-2012, 09:17 AM
I have done 85k kills in dead end and no undead antlers mask. I don't know how the drop table for the masks is but i have to say pretty bad. And i do about 5-6k kills then like 5-10 min break and then back into it. It really is getting a bit annoying having people with 5-10k total kills getting undead in like 5 runs. I have done around 1,800 undead missions and not a single undead.

Sorcererssoul
07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Sunlight you wanna tell me they should keep the masks rare when I cant get one after 50k kills and u can get 3 after almost 55? Thats ironic and greedy of u
Does sound like you are pretty greedy towards Sunlight to me, which for me is ironic =)
Also we have no idea how long this event will last, it could be 1 week but it could just as well be 4 weeks, some people are just luckier than others, maybe next even you will get the vanities in no time, and the people who get them easily now will have a hard time farming 1. I wouldn't mind the drop rate being increased but that comes from someone biased that still needs himself an undead mask and has had no drop yet. (got gifted eagle from a friend, bought snake)

octavos
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I have done 85k kills in dead end and no undead antlers mask. I don't know how the drop table for the masks is but i have to say pretty bad. And i do about 5-6k kills then like 5-10 min break and then back into it. It really is getting a bit annoying having people with 5-10k total kills getting undead in like 5 runs. I have done around 1,800 undead missions and not a single undead.

wait until the event is over, then we will see rants all over the place. what can I say, im in the same boat my friend.
all I hope for is (YES RAINING VANITIES) only for EVENT items...not permanent items.

Rare
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, I don't know if Carapace will address it... but I think random chance should not, by itself, determine the rare loot drop equation. There has to be something to increase your chances the more you run or the more you try for an item. I'm not saying it should ever become automatic or easy. But the amount of time you spend trying to get an item has to be a factor.

Lets say, for example the drop rate is < 1%.
After running a particular map 250 times maybe your drop rate is bumped a little to around 1%.
After 500 time maybe 2%
After 1000 times maybe 5%

Those numbers are just examples. And I understand it could add extra complexity to the game in that each player's missions would need to be tracked (is this already done? who knows?). Additionally, the number above would be different for different levels of rarity.

Kellee
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
I am in the same predicament as floating and some of the others, though not to the same extreme. Close to 30k kills on Dead End, calloused and sore thumbs and a replaced screen protector on my tablet has resulted in much frustration. I have been looking for the dead deer mask almost from the start of the event with no luck whatsoever. It's very frustrating when you are taking a break on the street while icing down your thumbs and seeing someone with white bats, dead deer mask and gamers bottoms standing there. I could probably buy the mask, and have had friends offer to give me one if they find it but that isn't the way I want to get it. It's the satisfaction of having something special drop for the hard work you put in to hunting for it. I don't expect STS to crank the drop rates thru the roof, because it would devalue the achievement. On the other hand why is my account so jinxed???

I have played SL and DL since January and other than the infested deck event I have not gotten a single vanity drop. This has become a compulsion for me... I have not done more then 5 missions off of Dead End or Curse of Fenris since I started farming. I will keep farming until I find it or the event ends, or the skin is worn completely from my thumbs.

Congratulations to all who have had vanities drop for you, nothing personal but there are times when I hate you all.... usually when I am at the end of a 4 hour grind...

Happy, or unhappy farming everyone

sirtibby
07-31-2012, 10:19 AM
I feel the same way. 45k kills since event started and most of these hunting for undead mask. In that time I have found ONE pink, ONE shard and two eagle masks. That's it.

Even before event I would get a pink maybe once every other week by farming a little less hard core than I have been during event. A couple of my guild mates are in the same boat. Our accounts are jinxed.

Floating
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Does sound like you are pretty greedy towards Sunlight to me, which for me is ironic =)
Also we have no idea how long this event will last, it could be 1 week but it could just as well be 4 weeks, some people are just luckier than others, maybe next even you will get the vanities in no time, and the people who get them easily now will have a hard time farming 1. I wouldn't mind the drop rate being increased but that comes from someone biased that still needs himself an undead mask and has had no drop yet. (got gifted eagle from a friend, bought snake)

I already bought my masks so I do not have a problem. But I know manu who can't get one even after 100k kills. My point against Sun is that she/he talkes about the drop rates when she/he has gotten 3 masks with the time I spent too without getting anything. I do not want to be ironic or anything. I just want to see my 1-1.5 weeks try come with a result.

wvhills
07-31-2012, 12:18 PM
oh, i see now. Part of the problem is everyone is trying to recieve the mask as a drop instead of just obtaining it. IMO, you don't have to recieve the specific item you want as a drop, just earn enough gold from the runs or the selling of the pinks you get and buy the vanity you want. When getting my set pieces in PL I don't think I've ever farmed a whole set. Farm what you can and use the gold you earn to buy the rest.

Floating
07-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Omfg my prays got heard ^.^ I was laughing 10 minutes after this:
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/7a3782bc.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/1ff05ed5.jpg

Lady_Pebbles
07-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Everyone would rather get the drop than to spend the gold to buy the items. Especially when theres players like me who get tired of hours of PvE with no results & go PvP. I could've had hella millions of gold if I try to balance the two cuz they both get boring after a while. PvE maps are repeatitive & PvP can drag sometimes too.

Kaytar
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Everyone would rather get the drop than to spend the gold to buy the items. Especially when theres players like me who get tired of hours of PvE with no results & go PvP. I could've had hella millions of gold if I try to balance the two cuz they both get boring after a while. PvE maps are repeatitive & PvP can drag sometimes too.

I agree. Getting vanities to drop to you feels more rewarding than just buying them

wvhills
07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree. Getting vanities to drop to you feels more rewarding than just buying them

I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to farm ever vanity. but that's just me.

Rare
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to farm ever vanity. but that's just me.

How about just one?

Rolocoaster
07-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Omfg my prays got heard ^.^ I was laughing 10 minutes after this:
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/7a3782bc.jpg
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/Pvpee/1ff05ed5.jpg

where did it drop bro ?

Rare
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
oh, i see now. Part of the problem is everyone is trying to recieve the mask as a drop instead of just obtaining it. IMO, you don't have to recieve the specific item you want as a drop, just earn enough gold from the runs or the selling of the pinks you get and buy the vanity you want. When getting my set pieces in PL I don't think I've ever farmed a whole set. Farm what you can and use the gold you earn to buy the rest.

If you know anyone that wants to sell me an undead mask for 1M... let me know :)

Floating
07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
where did it drop bro ?

I wrote at judges thread

KillaSkillz
07-31-2012, 02:01 PM
I farmed numa in SL for 2 months running all 5 maps 3-5 times a day and finally got an xray. In comparison, this type of rate is fine for vanities that will not be removed from the game, but is crazy for limited time only vanities.
Limited time vanities should be challenging but not frustratingly hard.

Btw I got my first solstice shard drop, yesterday (i dont use enhancers) thats the first pink gem/shard/stone drop I have gotten, and call me whatever, but its just not enough to keep me running. The market is flooded with them and I just wont sell it for under 1k considering the time it took for me to get and it being the first one i've gotten.

Im just gonna chill and whatever and click the timers and causally run a map here or there. I am done trying for these drops, and I will not buy them from someone else. Perhaps I will be lucky and get a drop playing that way because 4-8 hours a day sure ain't helping and I got more productive things to do.

Congrats to those that got, good luck to those that haven't got, dont kill yourself over it, it's a game.

mafiainc42
07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
nice u can stop blowin up my pager with yur sob stories hahahahha good sh_t.

Floating
07-31-2012, 04:50 PM
nice u can stop blowin up my pager with yur sob stories hahahahha good sh_t.

Broooo I already told you what we got ingame! Starts with D and ends with S and it is not DisasterS

Flowman
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Broooo I already told you what we got ingame! Starts with D and ends with S and it is not DisasterS

lololol just recalled some of the stuff you pmed me hahahaha

Floating
07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
lololol just recalled some of the stuff you pmed me hahahaha

Lolol that was 2 days ago when I was not that angry... Think about yday...

Flowman
07-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Lolol that was 2 days ago when I was not that angry... Think about yday...

well you blew up my AoC's pm with your...choice words

Reyven
07-31-2012, 05:06 PM
I've said this in other places but I'm going to say it again here. IMO, the problem isn't the low drop rates it's the tediousness of doing the same run over and over and over and over and over and over again trying to get the drop u want. Carapace, I love dl overall but pve needs a complete overhaul. There needs to be some differentiation in builds (a dps build, a crowd control build and a healing/buff/debuff build). Team dynamics would go a long way in alleviating the boredom we get in playing pve. In pl we canbe doing the same map over and over but each run is different based upon the actions of the other party members. In dl people solo everything and even when ur not slowing all u do is mash ur skills and watch stuff die. I think u guys want people to play and adding vanities as drops is a good way to do it but it would be even better if pve were actually fun to play in and of its own self.

Wow, well said. I completely agree. Playing the same map isn't much fun anymore. It would be awesome if there were mods to the maps, to keep our interest, especially for those of us who do them over and over.
I haven't had luck with vanity drops either and I'm beginning to think it's just not going to happen. I understand not wanting everyone to have the super rare items, because of value, but after dedicating so much of our time and effort, there has to be a point where we get the item that we're trying so hard for.

Floating
07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
well you blew up my AoC's pm with your...choice words

You are lucky To hear that choice... Beleive me you are

octavos
07-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Wow, well said. I completely agree. Playing the same map isn't much fun anymore. It would be awesome if there were mods to the maps, to keeps our interest, especially for those of us who do them over and over.
I haven't had luck with vanity drops either and I'm beginning to think it's just not going to happen. I understand not wanting everyone to have the super rare items, because of value, but after dedicating so much of our time and effort, there has to be a point where we get the item that we're trying so hard for.

map generator FTW. so ppl who farm get different maps all the time...adding flavor to salty crackers ya'know.

sun light
07-31-2012, 05:19 PM

I already bought my masks so I do not have a problem. But I know manu who can't get one even after 100k kills. My point against Sun is that she/he talkes about the drop rates when she/he has gotten 3 masks with the time I spent too without getting anything. I do not want to be ironic or anything. I just want to see my 1-1.5 weeks try come with a result.
ok ok chill all...
50k number was just EXAMPLE
they can put 20k kills. or 10k idc!
i just offer that ti help those ppl that didnt get the mask yet, how?
by that they should have max kills for that mask.
if u got lucky ull get it.
and if u wont? so when u reach to 20k or 30k or 100k kill (devs should point the number not me lol) the mask will drop without loot on that kills number!
why u dont see im helping u? greedy has nothing to do with it!
ive got my masks.
myb i should say "it have it. let them fight the devs alone" and keep those hits far from me and bye bye peace for u all..

but it didnt!!!

im trying to help u guys to get it
and yea. close friends if mine reach to 70k kills on undead at the end she farm mars seconde map ang got one after 10 runs..

that what im saying..
loots and casino drop chances isnt the perfect way to events.
thats why is offer at the beggining the jetpacks sys like in SL
which is kill 3000 kills and win ure jetpack
kill 9000 and combine it to a big jetpack.
cara said is a good idea and she will thonk about it. same work for all players.
and the price will be"how much 9000 kills worth to u"? 100k gold? 50k? idk..

but more and more ppl is making me feel guilty for been lucky!

sorry.. i dont need to apologize to anyone. specialy not to take those arrow hits while im trying to help u !
im done thinking of ideas to get the event drops better...
think for urself

Kuero
07-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I farmed numa in SL for 2 months running all 5 maps 3-5 times a day and finally got an xray. In comparison, this type of rate is fine for vanities that will not be removed from the game, but is crazy for limited time only vanities.
Limited time vanities should be challenging but not frustratingly hard.

Btw I got my first solstice shard drop, yesterday (i dont use enhancers) thats the first pink gem/shard/stone drop I have gotten, and call me whatever, but its just not enough to keep me running. The market is flooded with them and I just wont sell it for under 1k considering the time it took for me to get and it being the first one i've gotten.

Im just gonna chill and whatever and click the timers and causally run a map here or there. I am done trying for these drops, and I will not buy them from someone else. Perhaps I will be lucky and get a drop playing that way because 4-8 hours a day sure ain't Kshelping and I got more productive things to do.

Congrats to those that got, good luck to those that haven't got, dont kill yourself over it, it's a game.

I'm playing both SL and DL. I actually don't look for the masks. I totally dislike them but got 1 eagle mask after 30 minutes of trying.
But so far I know SL' drop rates are even worse. I've been solo farming for any vanity on delta 7/ numa prime. I'm looking for X-ray and/ or squid but would appreciate any vanity drop. Well 3 months of farming and best drops were a few rare scrappers -.-
The first month I played like 5-8hours every day. Now I'm just giving it a try every day from time to time. I already gve up ever getting it. The point is I understand the frustrated DL community. I'm looking myself just for a single squid and X-ray for my main char. Thats all I want. 1 set of both. But when Im on town for calming down I have to see those rich player fr those guild's like Phoenix, havin 3 sets of squids and X-ray visor on all their chars. And they not even gonna leave it, they keep buying more for selling them for higher prices. My guild master told me way back in the beginning cray cost were at 500k only. Now have a look on The price. It's about 1.8million. How much time or money shall I spend in only for getting a single set, knowing that this all is just caused by the greed of the rich community still becoming more rich. Also way back as numa was released the drop rate was way higher. Vanity drops seems to belong to the rich only, just like apple products. No mortal could afford all idevices. And it looks that the Devs from STS are supporting this indeed they not doing anything.
Well sorry If I have drifted away abit. I just wanna say if you are frustrated then your not alone. I know I could farm myself in full groups with higher chances for vanity. But I tell you If I see just 1 more vanity drop going to another player ten I'm running amok in the UCS Blackstar...

Anway, I hope I helped you guys abit with my experiences.

KillaSkillz
07-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi Kuero, i know what you mean, i used xray as a comparison. If you want add me in SL ( ign KillaSkillz) and i'd be happy to share what i know about hunting those vanities, or other methods people have used to get the credits togeter to buy them. i'm still chasing a squidbuddy! For last 4 months now, but maybe one day lol.

I am not a buyer, i prefer the drop. Just in my opinion with all the vanities in DL and the drop rates being low on those particular ones, i will wear the ones i get from the nightly and thats just fine, unless by chance i am in right place right time,right roll. Running these short maps over and over is burning me out on the game.

StompArtist
07-31-2012, 09:12 PM
I know I said this before but some of us would be more than happy to buy this stuff for plat. :D

Floating
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Ow so nice! Another person got bloody gamer bottom in 2 hours! NICE! Epic system rewarding the people who try

frostine
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
In 6 years of playing wow, top of the game in american and world, spending waaaay too much time... I only ever got one purple world drop.

..one

Of course this isnt a pc mmo. It is a mobile MMO... and I really do believe insanely rare things shouldn't exist in this medium. Especially when inhibited by a limited battery life. Not gonna stay tethered to a 3foot charger cable so I can farm for 8 hours in a mobile.

LOL. Sadly I've broken at least 4 charger cables from gaming. Now I have a 6 foot long cable.

MayaNatsume
08-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I am not jealous at all. I am pointing out that 50k kills should mean at least one drop.... Not just whites

In really not gonna log DL ever again if I can't find one drop til the event is over. It is just the most unfair game I have ever joined and I have played over 14 mmorpgs

:ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalenc e:Agree, farm for 3 weeks still nothing drop!! all my friends on the same boat as well !!! Wont play any more this game. lot of other MMORPG out there... enjoy all, bye !!!