PDA

View Full Version : App Chronicles Likes Spacetime's Fresh Content

Samhayne
07-30-2012, 04:50 PM
14517 (http://appchronicles.com/07/fresh-content-in-pocket-mmorpgs-spacetime-studios-does-it-better-than-gameloft/)

App news and review website App Chronicles gives a nod to Spacetime Studios for their ability to deliver content. Here is a clip:

How do they do it? First, they have a dedicated and active developer corps that actually tends to the player community. When I go to the Spacetime Studios forums, I don’t have to go very far to find a recent, friendly, informative message from the devs either discussing upcoming content, responding to a player question, or asking what the players want to see next. Compare that to the OnC forums, where the forum moderators — who are in no way connected to the dev team — rarely speak up, and when they do it’s usually to offer canned, empty replies to complaints.

It’s amazing what a difference these two things make. Between them, they deliver a clear message: Spacetime Studios cares about their games, cares about their players, cares about the future of their game.

Click here to read the full article. (http://appchronicles.com/07/fresh-content-in-pocket-mmorpgs-spacetime-studios-does-it-better-than-gameloft/)

25thninja
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Wooo hoo :))

dudetus
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Hehe nice :).

Way to go kicking some OnC butt :D!

Totallymad
03-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Sam its really sorry to establish this fact that you guys forget about all your games except AL now. Just look at forums ppl asking to make something new in DL and SL badly, but they didnt even get any respond from you guys. DL wasnt updated from summer, only 2 new events for about 8 months was availible for non plat users. Im playing regulary and alredy spent about 3000 plat in DL to support you guys but I can state that lots of ppl quit playing your DL game after christmas because you made a 2 plat weapons only and nothing from drops etc. This is not the end also ppl quiting now because noone telling them what to wait and this last 150 plat vanity shows them that u really dont care bout them. Noone respond in bugs forum section also, so it looks like you totally forget us! I dont like AL and standing in DL trying to support you guys as best as i can but unfortunately as i say ppl quiting this cool game((((

P.s. Please Sam tell us something about your plans in other games, not only AL and ppl will calm down a bit then!

Vystirch
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
^^ you have a point that I can not refute and that only fact is: they need to tell u if DL is a dead game now to them or not. I for one only see STS going onwards and upwards, the quality of there games visually and gameplay wise keeps improving. I don't think STS wants to stick to old technoledgy and is pushing for better quality games. As the above review in the original post points out, OnC is face value more appealing because it has better graphics and blah blah blah, but what makes STS special is its community. So why stay with old games and a good community? When you can have much higher quality games (closer to OnC quality) with the same great community and helpful Devs/Mods. STS as a company doesn't want to stay in the dust, behind the curve with more and more high quality Mobil gaming keeps emerging, they must move forward to stay in the market place. STS has made the correct business decision, and I for one am willing to see them make the best super Mobil MMO at the end of this journey. Are You?

-Vys

Totallymad
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
^^ you have a point that I can not refute and that only fact is: they need to tell u if DL is a dead game now to them or not. I for one only see STS going onwards and upwards, the quality of there games visually and gameplay wise keeps improving. I don't think STS wants to stick to old technoledgy and is pushing for better quality games. As the above review in the original post points out, OnC is face value more appealing because it has better graphics and blah blah blah, but what makes STS special is its community. So why stay with old games and a good community? When you can have much higher quality games (closer to OnC quality) with the same great community and helpful Devs/Mods. STS as a company doesn't want to stay in the dust, behind the curve with more and more high quality Mobil gaming keeps emerging, they must move forward to stay in the market place. STS has made the correct business decision, and I for one am willing to see them make the best super Mobil MMO at the end of this journey. Are You?

-Vys

Im sorry do u have many free time to play? I guess yes if you can handle with all STS games. And what comes next? Wild West Legends? It means that all your progress and a part of you that you gave to AL simply gone just because of new engine. Is it OK in your opinion?
I just dont get why make 10 engines if you can add something to new game. And your buisness planning is wrong ;) If they close DL, PL and SL they will loose ppl, because ones who played them really hard will never come back to STS. I posted in this thread guys just to show you what great developers you were inventing something new every month and putting it in 3 games plus having enough time even to post replys to forum questions and what u becoming now simply ignoring easy questions of your older games fans about upcoming updates. I really hope that whats happening now is a temporary thing and for sure i wishes you only best, but plz tell us something cause we really deserve it by supporting this community O:-)

Vystirch
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Im sorry do u have many free time to play? I guess yes if you can handle with all STS games. And what comes next? Wild West Legends? It means that all your progress and a part of you that you gave to AL simply gone just because of new engine. Is it OK in your opinion?
I just dont get why make 10 engines if you can add something to new game. And your buisness planning is wrong ;) If they close DL, PL and SL they will loose ppl, because ones who played them really hard will never come back to STS. I posted in this thread guys just to show you what great developers you were inventing something new every month and putting it in 3 games plus having enough time even to post replys to forum questions and what u becoming now simply ignoring easy questions of your older games fans about upcoming updates. I really hope that whats happening now is a temporary thing and for sure i wishes you only best, but plz tell us something cause we really deserve it by supporting this community O:-)

Well the only way STS could close the other games and move on is add a reward system for things achieved/obtained in there last game. I love STS and don't mind seeing where they go.

Grimreeper
03-14-2013, 08:38 AM

100% agree with Totallymad... So basically you spend all your time and money on one game to have to just start again each time a newer and more visually appeasing game gets released? Not good practice IMO..

Update the older games with newer graphics, items, maps etc, thats the way forward.

IDK about everyone else but I was effing and blinding about PL winter fest stuff this year. Didn't even bother to change it from last year?

Justg
03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Sorry guys, we don't do rages. We hear ya about all of this, but we have the bigger picture to look at.