PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Mistakes Noobs make!

SkillFullGamer
07-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought I'd compile a little of the funniest and worst Top 25 mistakes noobs make hehe.

TOP 25

1. Wonder why they keep losing in pvp when they have no good build, gear ,or skill.

2. Thinking you'll rush them to max level if they ask.

3. Thinking you will give them free credits because your higher level .

4. Rushing and dying 400 times because its "Fun".

5. Asking to join a Elite well known guild at level 1 .

6. Thinking you care about their problems.

7. Asking you if they can have free gear

8. Calling "Credits" Gold.

9. Calling "Stims" Potions.

10. Thinking your Avatars name is your real life name.

11. Begging for Stims, and then beg your alt -.- .

12. Asking for free plat.

13. Selling a item for x1000 more than its actual price at auction.

14. Harassing you to the point of reporting them, and then they report you back.....

15. Asking which class is the "Best" .

16. Asking to "Barrow" credits lolz.

17. Spamming you with a Friend Request....until you accept.....

18. Asking you why you don't spell your bad words out completely on Star legend chat.

19. Asking to barrow or try on your gear.

20. Telling people other people they dont have lives when they're playing also.....

21. Not saying "Go" in pvp , and attacking you when you say "Go".

22. Trying to impersonate a "well know" player by making a similiar name -.-

23. Wondering why they can't join a game when their inventory is full....

24. Asking to buy your XRay of Devours Helm for 5 k Cred -..-

25. "TRYING TO SEW YOU, AND HARASS YOU ON A FORUM BECAUSE YOU "ALLEGEDLY " RUSHED THEM IN PVP".
P.S. I'm not going to say any names but, " This Harasser" we all know ....has been banned. If you see any other accounts of his please do Report or send SamHayne a P.m.

I hope you enjoyed my "Top 25 Mistakes Noobs make" and I hope to bring you more fun little threads like this one :) I appreciate any feedback, and if you've enjoyed this thread leave a thanks in the box below ;)

Matutd
07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
26. Making complaining threads about people who are new to the game and are obviously trying to learn the ropes

27. Assuming that rushing is a bad thing, when really that is what pvp is meant to be like

Garvhoz
07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
lol i always do no.21

Edit: i dont say "go" cause i never challenge people, and i also dont say "go" back cause once i see the magic word i just aim to kill. I once accidentally rushed someone when somebody else said "go" it was pretty funny when we understood what happened.

Cahaun
07-30-2012, 06:08 PM
No. 23 is me LOL (Only on my alts)

Kaytar
07-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I call stim packs pots. Who cares? I get my point across. Doesn't mean I am a "noob". Lawl...

Kanozaki
07-30-2012, 06:15 PM
26. Making complaining threads about people who are new to the game and are obviously trying to learn the ropes

27. Assuming that rushing is a bad thing, when really that is what pvp is meant to be like

lol

Paar
07-30-2012, 06:15 PM
26: Listen to SkillfullGamer's thread on Noob Mistakes. ;)

Just Kidding ^^

Xaphan Fox
07-30-2012, 06:21 PM
#30 or whatever: Using the word n00b to describe anyone, in any game, ever

iAmPain
07-30-2012, 06:24 PM
#30 or whatever: Using the word n00b to describe anyone, in any game, ever

Proud Noob here :o

mycroftxxx
07-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I do 8 and 9 intentionally, and from your join date it seems you are a relative n00b yourself. Of course it's classic in these games to call anyone you disagree with a n00b—it's just a stupid meaningless insult at this point.

Cahaun
07-30-2012, 06:50 PM
31: For not being as the person who created this list wants to be.

I call credits gold and stims potions, I was a lvl 1 trying to get in AoB, and I keep dying in PvP and still call it fun. ;)

SkillFullGamer
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM

28. Not reading the freaken thread right lolz. It's funny thread, I'm not complaining NOOB! Lolz
P.s. I do #23 ;P , gets me everytime ! Hehe

akfury
07-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Meh no one is a noob or everyone is you decide :)

Ihavenokills
07-30-2012, 09:18 PM

lol ...just lol

Cero
07-31-2012, 12:09 AM
i know someone .....

did it once thou..pfff

EgyLegend
07-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Fun post lol..but siriusly tho most common mistake is wastin plat.on 5 min xp enhancer or watever cuz thy think its like creds..so take care all.

Ark
07-31-2012, 12:23 AM
#1 mistake the noobs make should be asking for platinum or trade for platinum

Ark
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM

^<3
YOU get a big thanks! ;). & I don't give thanks a lot :p

Libertie
07-31-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm gonna own up to the embarrassing mistakes I personally made when I was new, and tbh I kinda feel like everyone who wasn't here for the last cap (myself included) is still new, but that's just me. Anyway here they are, in no particular order:

1. Not upgrading my character to a premium character because I didn't know I only had until level 10 to decide, and I didn't know I'd end up being super attached to my first and pretty much only character.

2. Not realizing skills were set to autolevel and not deciding until then to actually look at builds.. then wasting most of my 10 free plat on reskilling and restatting over and over (cause I kept messing up the skills due to lag, there should really be a confirm there, come on >.>)

3. Wasting the rest of the 10 free plat on purchasing revives because I figured it didn't matter anyway and I got tired of dying alone since I was low level and never had full rooms back then for some reason

4. Not knowing how the group system worked so I only followed the "go to" button on the quest menu. I think sometime around numa I had run out of quests for the time being and I finally had to make my own room; I still didn't fully understand how it worked until SY or Voleria lol.

5. Not really a mistake per se, but the two guilds I was a part of for a while I joined by complete accident. It used to be way too easy to accidentally click accept if you weren't paying attention, and that's how I ended up being in some unnamed very large guild (I think I had gotten like six invites that day alone and I accidentally accepted the sixth one). I decided to stay for a while since I had accepted and I was too embarrassed to just leave so I was like "okay whatever", but ultimately this guild ended up being so huge that all you see in your chat window is guild chat, I thought hiding guild chat defeated the purpose of being in a guild, and I got tired of typing stuff in guild chat and no one seeing or responding to it. That's what you get when you're in such a busy guild though, it's like going to a small school rather than a big school. Small school = one big family, big school = a bunch of big families that hate each other. At least that was my experience back in high school ;) Anyway that was a HUGE tangent and I'm back to being guildless now so I guess that makes me the girl who got pregnant or something.

6. Wasting the credits I did manage to farm at lower levels on pots (because that's what I call them in every game regardless of whether it's a stimpack, some kind of food, whatever) and then blowing them pretty much immediately because I didn't know how to position myself or use my skills properly to keep myself from getting rushed and killed. I also didn't know you could farm up to 25 pots, leaving basically no reason for a very non-tank-functioning engineer to ever purchase them if they are used wisely, although I think it's incredibly dumb that you can buy more than 25 but the game won't let you farm more than that.

TsunamiTheClown
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM

...chuckles...

SkillFullGamer
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
...chuckles...

Hay this had been bothering me lol
Is it meant to be " Sparkling Ponies " or " Sparkling Perfect Ownies "
Because everyone I.see from your guild has a ponie as a Sig lolz

SkillFullGamer
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
...chuckles...

mycroftxxx
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
… and I got tired of dying alone since I was low level and never had full rooms back then for some reason

That's not just you. The lower level dungeons are basically never full in any of these games, because everyone wants to cap and play with high level characters, and there's no special incentive to keep playing the lower levels. This is a gameplay issue that I think no MMO has actually come up with a good solution for.

Worship
07-31-2012, 03:11 PM

Woohoo! *Applause*

Xaphan Fox
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
...chuckles...

It's both... It is a play on words. We all love my little pony, and really, who doesnt... Because:
Liking mlp makes everyone else hate you, which feeds me. Your delicious tears are sweet.
And because the show rules.
It is also spelled pwnies instead of ponies to play on the word pwn.
Pwn: verb- to flawlessly own someone, m m m m monster kill, to be the superior of someone in any area in any medium.

And sparkling pwnies was born.
Rainbow dash is best pony... Followed by derpy... Followed by vinyl scratch.

If you disagree you are a no-brony blank flank

SkillFullGamer
07-31-2012, 06:29 PM
It's both... It is a play on words. We all love my little pony, and really, who doesnt... Because:
Liking mlp makes everyone else hate you, which feeds me. Your delicious tears are sweet.
Pwn: verb- to flawlessly own someone, m m m m monster kill, to be the superior of someone in any area in any medium.

Thank you :)! You've cleared up much confusion !

Shaocalur
08-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Buying an anywhere enhancer when your at cap thinking you'll get the 1 xp needed and level up.

Asking someone if you can buy a mega expensive vanity for 5 credits...

Not knowing what a "stimulate pack" was until somewhere i'm the late L20's.

TsunamiTheClown
08-01-2012, 07:41 AM

As Father Derp has so eloquently explained above, the answer to your question is yes.

And for the record MLPFIM can cure cancer and usher in whorled peas.

:brohoof: