PDA

View Full Version : Drain Life

seniorwakeboard
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Drain Life- Steal health from your target... for yourself! Cost 30. +Damage / +Health per rank.

How useful is this skill? Say you were building a tanking enchantress, would this be good enough to keep your health up or would you also need Heal?

nerdherd
04-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I've found this one to be very useful. I believe I put five points into it and it will fully heal me when I use it. Very, very nice. Not only that, it does a pretty good amount of damage. Also, it's a great way to heal yourself without drawing a ton of aggro (like when using the regular AoE heal).

SlipperyJim
04-20-2010, 06:28 PM
I maxed out my Drain Life skill ASAP. It's very useful to me! Like nerherd said, it's a lot of healing and a lot of single-target damage. What's not to like?

Okay, there's one bad thing about Drain Life: the slow refresh rate. You'll only be able to use it once per fight, if that often.... Still, it's a great skill!

Violentsaint
04-21-2010, 02:28 AM
froststorm, nightmere, drain life, thats just about all i use

drain life and my staff are just about all i use to do damage

oh and put some points into mana sheild, it will save your but in combat everytime, unless you vs lil bill, man i hate that little yeti!

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 02:57 AM
froststorm, nightmere, drain life, thats just about all i use

drain life and my staff are just about all i use to do damage

oh and put some points into mana sheild, it will save your but in combat everytime, unless you vs lil bill, man i hate that little yeti!

lolol again!

Talekz
04-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Drain Life the most powerfull hp restoration ability. If you can foresee entering damage on you, this ability will help you to survive, especially in Paladin build =P

KronicDecay
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I just hate the delay in recasting in this skill. Takes too long but I suppose it's like that so that enhantresses aren't uber powerful

Talekz
04-21-2010, 11:53 AM
foresee entering damage =)

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Drain Life- Steal health from your target... for yourself! Cost 30. +Damage / +Health per rank.

How useful is this skill? Say you were building a tanking enchantress, would this be good enough to keep your health up or would you also need Heal?

I have 5/5 Drain Life, and it routinely gives me back 100-150 hp (or basically all my hp bar if im low). I LOVE this spell

Pixxie
04-22-2010, 02:21 AM
foresee entering damage =)

I don't really know what this means, but I like that you repeated it. Well done, sir!

Foresee entering fun!

Talekz
04-22-2010, 03:26 AM
sorry for my english) i mean if you know that you will take damage soon you can heal this damage with little latecy after you takes it=)

Pixxie
04-22-2010, 03:35 AM
sorry for my english) i mean if you know that you will take damage soon you can heal this damage with little latecy after you takes it=)

Understood!!! :)

Come join Legends guild. http://theappradar.com/

Azrael
04-22-2010, 03:55 AM
I have 5/5 Drain Life, and it routinely gives me back 100-150 hp (or basically all my hp bar if im low). I LOVE this spell

much more than i have ever gotten from it, i might have to respec this skill on my chantress

Mrsucces
04-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Drain is one of the best skills a mage could have (also fire) use mostly when u are getting low on hp :) hope this help

Mr. Succes

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Drain is indeed one of the best self heals ever, however for me, generally I would only put 1 point into this skill as I believe I could focus on my other offensive skills.

I mainly use drain life in case of emergency, other than that I would rather cast heal on myself and aid others rather than draw too much aggro from mobs.

Griffinfan
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Drain is one of the best skills a mage could have (also fire) use mostly when u are getting low on hp :) hope this help

Mr. Succes

Please do not necro old threads, thank you

aav5224
04-17-2013, 02:25 PM
drain is nuke and op

GDogzz
04-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Drain is a great skill. It's like a 2 for one skill. It also helps if your heal isnt a lv 6 yet. Hope this helps :)

Battlegrinder
04-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Please do not necro old threads, thank you

You guys do do what "nerco" means, right?

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Hehe its still a relavant topic for any future mages to know, so that was a good necro thread there.

Battlegrinder
04-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Hehe its still a relavant topic for any future mages to know, so that was a good necro thread there.

Not really. This thread is from 2010, when a maxed out drain was 5 points instead of 9, and when the endgame was completely different. If someone wants to know about the current status of Drain Life, they should make a new thread, not nerco one from the game's launch.

suchysuch
06-01-2013, 04:50 PM
For tank mages, this skill definitely would NOT be enough to keep your health up, therefore you should have a high lvl heal ready. Drain life does a lot of dmg and heals you a lot if it hits, but it has a long loading time. Meanwhile during the load, you should spam your high lvl heal to prevent you from dying, so in conclusion, drainlife ISNT enough to keep you alive for tank mages, so you should have a backup heal.

Peanutbritle
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
For a PvP standpoint, this is by far my favorite skill, this is how. When any class runs up to me in PvP to attack I use drain life, use fire storm to get them out of range, and then bam, the opponent is dead because when u have drain life at lv 6 it does 400 damage plus the firestorm at lv 6 does about 200 damage so any class except for a bear will probably be dead. For PvE i prefer ice ring, forestorm, frostbite, and all of the buffs to enhance the combos :) Hope this helps :)

Phoenixking
06-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Not really. This thread is from 2010, when a maxed out drain was 5 points instead of 9, and when the endgame was completely different. If someone wants to know about the current status of Drain Life, they should make a new thread, not nerco one from the game's launch.
Time doesn't matter, be it 2013 2011 or 2010 it's stil a discussion about drain life and if it is a good option, we don't need to create a whole new thread that touches on the same subject, and it being from 2010 can be a good thing more than a bad thing, it can show the people's view of drain life and how it changed to what it is now.