PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Elite Weapons "Boosted" Drop Rate.

Whirlzap
07-31-2012, 04:19 AM
Some things to consider after yesterdays's patch that suppsoedly "slightly" boosted Elite drop rates.

After 8 nonstop hours of Shamrock Thrash,
After seeing 12 elites drop in those 8 hours,
After getting some elites myself,
After seeing lucky people like Bitslap get 3 elites in one hour,
After hearing Waldo farm 60Mil today,
After hearing Parf farm 20Mil today,
AFTER seeing all 3 elite weapons emerge on CS for gold cap and fall WITHIN A DAY to 6-7mil,

I can say that the drop rate was boosted "exponentially" instead.

Now some questions.

1. Is this a good change for the Elite's rarity and value?
2. What effect will this have on current Humania gear?
3. How many more people will I have to boot for using the Elite Suicide Blaster at Guru H2O?

LwMark
07-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Multiple people got multiple elite drops and not just 2...congratz all! But ye these prices will drop for sure and since this isnt like dragon armor ..humania is goin to be here a while ..unlike dragons comin out shortly before new cap..but humania wel probably be here for a while so lot more droppin

McBain
07-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Geez, STS loves nerfing things.

saool
07-31-2012, 05:45 AM
I say don't complain (people in general). Sure they drop more, but if it goes back to normal people will complain about that.

CrimsonTider
07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
I say "who really care?" A game is meant to be fun, not hard labor. Outside of the social aspect of this game, seeing pinks and elites drop is what keeps many of us coming back. To much emphasis on pixel gold. I am one of the lucky few to get multiple drops and could care less how much they sell for. If it's gold cap, fine. If it drops to 5-6 mil.... fine again. At the end of the day, when this game is at it's last cap and we all move on, the "gold" doesn't come with us.

小孩子
07-31-2012, 06:42 AM
I say "who really care?" A game is meant to be fun, not hard labor. Outside of the social aspect of this game, seeing pinks and elites drop is what keeps many of us coming back. To much emphasis on pixel gold. I am one of the lucky few to get multiple drops and could care less how much they sell for. If it's gold cap, fine. If it drops to 5-6 mil.... fine again. At the end of the day, when this game is at it's last cap and we all move on, the "gold" doesn't come with us.

Yes it does!
*screenshots gold and sends to banker*

NotYoCookiez
07-31-2012, 07:15 AM

There is a last cap??? O.o

I always wanted to come back like 10-20 years later to this game to see how things were... D:

WarTornBird
07-31-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure 100 is the last cap cookie :p
I've been told they have everything planned up unto 100.

NotYoCookiez
07-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Boo ),:

Does the game still plays? Or does it get deleted??!

nomad187
07-31-2012, 07:41 AM

I remember seeing that. I wonder if they really plan on stopping it there, or have they started planning for beyond 100. I wonder if they'd even tell us. I'd hate for it to just end at a certain level.

On topic: I don't agree with the nerfing, but I'm not gonna complain either. I don't have much time to play nowadays, so hopefully I can get 1 of each before they change the rate again.

Zaonabiuibil
07-31-2012, 07:43 AM
Boo ),:

Does the game still plays? Or does it get deleted??!

It'll still play probably, just can't go any higher a level.

Rare
07-31-2012, 08:13 AM

That doesn't necessarily mean it will stop there. Trust me, if PL is still bringing in the majority of their cash, they aren't going to scrap it.

Jugernugetx
07-31-2012, 08:30 AM
maybe when im 71 i could loot some!

for the teammates ill join -_-

FluffNStuff
07-31-2012, 09:01 AM
YAY!!! Maybe the slow curve of my trod to 71 might actually intersect the drop in price of the suicide cannon!

Fncrazy
07-31-2012, 09:50 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean it will stop there. Trust me, if PL is still bringing in the majority of their cash, they aren't going to scrap it.

Agree

07-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Another average day of STS selling gold for money, nothing out of the ordinary here.

Sryyoulose
07-31-2012, 10:12 AM
As an old pvper I would say that dropping elite weapons down to under gold cap makes pvp more interesting... Ofc 50-55 cap will always be the best.

Whirlzap
07-31-2012, 12:06 PM

I have to agree with the point on pinks and elites making us all come back.
It's the core fun of PL farming.
However, I would like for more "super-rare" items to be found in PL, like vanities in SL.
Elites were one of them; I liked that they were rare NOT because of the gold I could make from them, but simply the joyous, "lucky" feeling of finally being able to loot one.
Dragon Vanities are the other, with L56 Glyph as the last one.

Crim, don't get me wrong here.
I believe the game SHOULD be fun.
I totally agree that items should drop more often, and by this, I mean Pinks.
Pinks should drop a lot more to us, so we can all be able to farm and make our own sets.
But, these are Elite weapons. They're a different thing; a whole next level.
The sole idea that you have to get 100,000 EXP JUST to farm these makes the rarity of these seem superior to pinks.
I'm not shouting to get the drop rate un-nerfed, in fact, I'm enjoying it just like you are.
I just hope that we get some super-rare special vanity/elite type items that will maintain their rarity in the future.

CrimsonTider
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
I completely agree with the "Elites" and Vanities (like dragon armor) dropping at a lower rate than pinks. Points well taken.

Chopper
07-31-2012, 01:31 PM
i think what might make it really fun is to have truly unique items in the game.

Like, a series of special vanities that there is only 1 of them each. Period. If you have x version of this item, no one else will have it dropped.
But no ONE person can have more than one of these special items by way of game lock. That will make some things truly unique to have.

STS can release one unique item every 3-4 weeks or so and start the hardcore farming again ha ha

Rockxout
07-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Just like what happened to monster bash. The front runners make a ton of gold,complain about the drop rate and get it changed. While the rest of us scramble to pick up the scraps left over. Same thread dif topic.

Treenire
07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
I feel like im repeating myself.... No doubt i am, but anyhow. like all games STS have brought out they are "pick up and play" MOBILE games. Not everyone can spend over 1hour playing, like some. I honestly like the idea of the drop rate "boosted" a lil because if gives more people the opportunity to grab the items they want. =]

FluffNStuff
07-31-2012, 02:26 PM
It is really tough to find a sweet spot for a drop rate when dealing with the current batch of farmers. Even the tiniest of changes gets amplified when you have thrasher teams pounding on it for 8 hours. Considering the way you guys hammered it, 12 drops is still EXTREMELY low for the amount of chances, but just might look inflated because the attempts were off the charts last night because a rarity decrease was announced.

Snow49
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I hope they bring drop back down! Too many elite drops already, not very elite when some people have all of them.

Rare
07-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I hope they bring drop back down! Too many elite drops already, not very elite when some people have all of them.

I have an idea!!! One week up... One week down... One week up... One week down. Or better yet, lets change it daily.

Get on it Devs. Daily patches please.

Phoenixking
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I have an idea!!! One week up... One week down... One week up... One week down. Or better yet, lets change it daily.

Get on it Devs. Daily patches please.
Except Saturday and Sunday

CrimsonTider
07-31-2012, 02:57 PM
It is really tough to find a sweet spot for a drop rate when dealing with the current batch of farmers. Even the tiniest of changes gets amplified when you have thrasher teams pounding on it for 8 hours. Considering the way you guys hammered it, 12 drops is still EXTREMELY low for the amount of chances, but just might look inflated because the attempts were off the charts last night because a rarity decrease was announced.

I had a little left this afternoon (aproximately 10 min) on the thrashers I had from last night. I decided to time our runs and think about how many drops happened since the update. In my runs, the average time to kill from remake was 24 seconds. This is roughly 3 runs per minute or 180 runs in one hour. (Please realize I understand not all remakes run smoothly.)

If we take into account that a group of 5 run 150 games on one Shamrock (again, we are assuming everyone has the Shamrock and not the "normal" thrasher), we are looking at 750 runs in an hour. On average, 4-5 games were going at once. This is over 6k runs per hour. If only after 24 hours, 30 "elites" were sold.. that is still very rare. (Most I saw in cs at one time was 10.)

McBain
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
A run takes 24 seconds???? Well damn, there's the problem right there.

Patricks
07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
So which is better? Full crafted humania set with bonus or elite weapon with crafted armor and helm?

JaytB
07-31-2012, 05:50 PM
So which is better? Full crafted humania set with bonus or elite weapon with crafted armor and helm?

Currently, full crafted beats crafted+elite weapon in just about every stat for every class, as far as I could see. It's basically just to look cool, but nothing more than that.

Nick41324
07-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Geez, STS loves nerfing things.
Tell me about it

LwMark
07-31-2012, 06:00 PM

humania set with bonus. i viewd it with fishsword and its much less..so ill wait on sword and im not 71 anyways

Subscriber
07-31-2012, 06:01 PM
So much for being "Elite" weapons, haha. Might as well post up on some Mount Fang runs and 4x Crypt until dragon drops.

maneatingtree
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
But the elites got special proc not included in stats

McBain
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM

Depends on the class, because I think for archers the regular "of Tiki" bow set is better even than the crafted bow set to be honest. Not sure about other crafted sets.

Subscriber
07-31-2012, 06:20 PM
But the elites got special proc not included in stats

Bad in PvP, have you seen?

CrimsonTider
07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Depends on the class, because I think for archers the regular "of Tiki" bow set is better even than the crafted bow set to be honest. Not sure about other crafted sets.

I believe most of the crafted sets and "normal" sets are close in class. Not a glaring difference like previous caps.

Jcyee
07-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Holy...! 60 mil! That's a lot!!!!!!!!!!!,

Bebsi
07-31-2012, 11:11 PM
well, after three hours on that super elixier still no elite drop, but it's good as it is.
Others got a few drops and that caused the weapons to get cheaper.
So I just bought one from CS cause I can't waste 1000 plat every day. And ofc don't have the time to play as much as the hardcore here ^_^

I'm curious what STS will come up with next.
Cause right now, I'm pretty bored already.
If there wouldn't be the dragon set to hunt for I would probably take another break from the game xD

cookiez
08-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Lucky bastards

小孩子
08-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Hunzzz is waiting for Lakandula to start another thread about how she doesnt like this new patch...

vle_hoang
08-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Grinding to 71 is alot harder and take alot more time than buying an elite weapon, so i guess they make elite become cheaper so ppl gonna buy lot more platiums to grind to 71 so they can wear lvl 71 elite weapon, just my 2 cents.