PDA

View Full Version : Animate your signature store

Livemau
07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey guys its me as usual and im starting a store to animate your signature the price is gonna be 200k and i can animate a sig to have moving objects or change colors or both
WARNING Animated signatures are not yet alloweed but they may become permited as I have reqested it if the request is denied there are no refunds so you may just want to wait
Heres an example
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/livemau/Livemau2psd.gif

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure that its has made this against forum rules... Will look for it now tho.

Livemau
07-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that its has made this against forum rules... Will look for it now tho.

thanks tank and lemme know what you find

Flowman
07-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't GIF sigs not work here anyways?
It's cool, but for people who don't use other forums, kinda pointless.
Especially because on other forums you won't catch me with a 15kb sig lol.

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Besides a bunch of people saying that its against forum rules this is the most definitive answer from STS.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/sigpermissions.png

Livemau
07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
i had delphina try and it worked for her so she is gonna try and make this work for all of us

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 11:58 AM
i had delphina try and it worked for her so she is gonna try and make this work for all of us

So.... what your saying is? The game doesn't lag enough for you and you want our forums to run slower too?

morfic
07-31-2012, 11:59 AM
If they ever allow animated signatures, then I will re open my animated signature shop as well. (but they won't).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34426-Animated-Signatures-by-Request&highlight=animated+signatures+request

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 12:02 PM
If they ever allow animated signatures, then I will re open my animated signature shop as well. (but they won't).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34426-Animated-Signatures-by-Request&highlight=animated+signatures+request
Your shop was the reason i knew they weren't allowed :-)

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Besides a bunch of people saying that its against forum rules this is the most definitive answer from STS.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/sigpermissions.png

Those are member permissions... I'm guessing many of those options would be yes if you were a moderator or administrator. So Yes, it would work for Delphina. If Gif sigs are allowed, it's not worth paying 200k for it livemau... u know what I mean? ^_-

oh and tank, no instigating. there are forums out there that use gif sigs and work fine. it's not too much memory.

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Those are member permissions... I'm guessing many of those options would be yes if you were a moderator or administrator. So Yes, it would work for Delphina. If Gif sigs are allowed, it's not worth paying 200k for it livemau... u know what I mean? ^_-

oh and tank, no instigating. there are forums out there that use gif sigs and work fine. it's not too much memory.

Mobile game means mobile forum users :) As much as I like the idea of animated gifs for sigs I would prefer they not be allowed.

morfic
07-31-2012, 12:46 PM

"Work fine" is circumstantial. Some people with nice PC's and great network connections (or awesome phones, with awesome signals), have no issues with them. But animated signatures are much larger than normal signatures. Some of my animated sigs are HUGE. Add to that, 10 of them being loaded on every page, and those unfortunate enough to have bad signal, or a slower PC/internet connection, will suffer some annoying wait times and lag.

Judging by the extremely small limit STS has placed on NORMAL sigs, animated sigs will never be allowed. Now if you ever see them raise the limit of a normal sig... then we can ponder the chances of animation being allowed.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Hahaha I keep forgetting this forum can be reached via mobile phone. It's possible to make a small gif signature, Livemau's gif sig is 99.7kb and the sig I made for him was 93.3kb. If you take into account all the cookies, images, and whatnots that your phone downloads each time you access a new page anyway, those are pretty small numbers. there's barely any difference between his gif sig and the one he currently has.

Edit- what sts CAN do, is place a limit on file size.

Flowman
07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Hahaha I keep forgetting this forum can be reached via mobile phone. It's possible to make a small gif signature, Livemau's gif sig is 99.7kb and the sig I made for him was 93.3kb. If you take into account all the cookies, images, and whatnots that your phone downloads each time you access a new page anyway, those are pretty small numbers. there's barely any difference between his gif sig and the one he currently has.

Edit- what sts CAN do, is place a limit on file size.

um they do have a limit?
it's 15kb -.-

morfic
07-31-2012, 02:30 PM
um they do have a limit?
it's 15kb -.-

This.

With a limit this low, they would not be okay with allowing 100kb animated sigs. I WISH they would allow 100kb normal sigs though. 15kb is ridic.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
um they do have a limit?
it's 15kb -.-

yeesh my png sigs are way more than that. Who would've thought...

Flowman
07-31-2012, 02:49 PM
yeesh my png sigs are way more than that. Who would've thought...

they get resized. I'm 300% sure of this.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
no, I redownloaded livemau's sig, was still 93.7kb

morfic
07-31-2012, 03:12 PM

Not sure how you downloaded the file.... did you download the version that is linked to his photobucket account? If so that is incorrect. Right click on the photo and save as. You will receive something like this...

Flowman
07-31-2012, 03:17 PM

jesus christ kid I'm not lying to you -.-
They're sized to 15kb or less.

But I suppose you know more, seeing as you joined in April 2012 and I joined in June....oh wait June 2011.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
that's the one i compared it to, the file before i gave it to livemau

ohhhhh yeah ur right, the file was like 12kb when i downloaded it. lol

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
jesus christ kid I'm not lying to you -.-
They're sized to 15kb or less.

But I suppose you know more, seeing as you joined in April 2012 and I joined in June....oh wait June 2011.

lmao master Flow, chill. hahaha, you're right. I checked the old livemau sig instead of the re-downloaded one, so that was my fault.

Flowman
07-31-2012, 03:44 PM
lmao master Flow, chill. hahaha, you're right. I checked the old livemau sig instead of the re-downloaded one, so that was my fault.

:D honest mistake. Your sig would be a lot clearer if it was still 90+ kb

morfic
07-31-2012, 03:53 PM
It is in my honest opinion, that signature limit should be raised to 100kb. All detail and quality in otherwise phenomenal sigs, are lost when cut down to 10-15kb.

100kb would maintain the quality. Sure, many of my sigs are even larger than this, but cutting down to 100kb doesn't hinder the quality NEARLY as much.

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
:D honest mistake. Your sig would be a lot clearer if it was still 90+ kb

I notice they get "smudgy" when I upload, that's why I prefer saving in JPEG format. that way i can keep most of my details.

Flowman
07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Well Jpeg actually gets rid of a LOT of details youd see in other picture forms lol :p

plmafiaboss
07-31-2012, 04:27 PM

So.... what your saying is? The game doesn't lag enough for you and you want our forums to run slower too?
u cant wait that extra 1/2 a second? If just that slows it down for u ur internet sucks

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
u cant wait that extra 1/2 a second? If just that slows it down for u ur internet sucks

I've had sucky internet before. It's a testament to how much you love to forums if you're willing to let it lag just so you can see the content. lol

StompArtist
07-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Well Jpeg actually gets rid of a LOT of details youd see in other picture forms lol :p

Otukura
07-31-2012, 09:28 PM
It is in my honest opinion, that signature limit should be raised to 100kb. All detail and quality in otherwise phenomenal sigs, are lost when cut down to 10-15kb.

100kb would maintain the quality. Sure, many of my sigs are even larger than this, but cutting down to 100kb doesn't hinder the quality NEARLY as much.

+10000.