PDA

View Full Version : an event pack or not...Please vote and keep it nice

octavos
07-31-2012, 11:39 AM
This is this a limited event that requires the majority of players to enjoy the event provided by STS (community event , Duh!) not just a select "Ricky Rich" ppl. So if your one of those who have spent endless hours and no results this is the time to make your opinion count. We still have a month to farm, but there is those select few that have been lucky (Gratz to you guys well played). So the question is do you feel like investing more time and money?

Here are some options this is a 30-day poll also...so yea.*

(Option A) A plat bundle...this includes undead, eagle, and snake. Different in color and cant be sellable

(Option B) A plat bundle...this includes undead, eagle, and snake. Same color and cant be sellable

(Option C) A Gold bundle (Gold sink in a way)...this includes undead, eagle, and snake. Different in color and cant be sellable

(Option D) A Gold bundle (Gold sink in a way)...this includes undead, eagle, and snake. Same color and cant be sellable

an addition to these is have the option like a gambling pack...to help out.

For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.

well this is made because of these threads...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64317-Updated-Shard-and-Vanity-Map-List
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64639-These-drops
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64695-when-does-summer-event-end
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?63494-Log-your-Vanity-drop-location
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64630-undead-mask-drop-pic-)-tnx-for-increasing-chances-)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64470-Crazy-luck-but-still-no-vanities-(
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?63380-Dev-word-regarding-new-vanity-shard-blossom-drops
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64308-when-the-event-will-be-over

No one is selling there masks....they are high and price and no one wants to give up what they worked for...so yea...Vote!
All i see is rants and arguments, who's right and wrong.

Let Carapeace hear ya out. :D because he wants to be fair, and knows that the ppl who are farming these puppies wants to be compensated.

P.s. if your gonna comment list valid points, a cause and effect kinda talk.

Lady_Pebbles
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Hmm, each in a different color for gold would actually serve as a nice little gold sink. Im all for variety & having them in another color keeps the originality of the droppable event masks.

EDIT: They already have a plat item dropping as a recolored item.. The black bats are in a plat bundle and the albino (white) bats are the droppable pets. This is why I don't see a problem with that option at all.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14494&stc=1&d=1343659622
Pic courtesy of Rolocoaster. :)

Also THIS...

There is already an antler mask without the glow effects.
The snake and eagle are fairly easy to get.

The mask she is talking about comes in the Druid Bundle & I believe it is called the Druid Mask.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/sirtanker/4922ad05.jpg
Image courtesy of Floating.

octavos
07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Hmm, each in a different color for gold would actually serve as a nice little gold sink. Im all for variety & having them in another color keeps the originality of the droppable event masks.

CORRECTO, so ppl with Undead can still reap the rewards. this is geard toward the 15k+ kills and no vanity folks

sun light
07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
option a is normal, u can buy undead mask but there is no red light.
which is hard to tell the diffrrent if u dont get into the player profile.

option b is bad.
why ill farm 25k kills and someone else could buy it with plat?

option c is like a .. its ok for some. but reduce the market price... depends how much that bundle will cost. cos ppl who have that mask today wont sell it cos they know the price ganna jump after the event will be over.
and cos "street price" isnt stable now.
when vanity will be sale into auction? ull see ppl selling it.

option d? is the worst! cos u reducing the price of undead mask, AND make them the exact look, so why ppl wanna buy masks when they can buy it in the store for way cheap?

u need to understand..
when u put an item into bundle store, ure killing the price of that item.
cos selling items mean u selling it to the one who cant get it.
if u can get it any time u want for 100k? nobody will buy it higher.
and dont matter if my mask is tradble.

at the end..
i think option a is the best..
ppl could be buy it but only if that whould be different color! to make that different between farmers and plat bundle.

myb if the undead mask is the rarest from them, myb will be good to put eagle and snake mask into the bundle and a CHANCE to undead mask. (like legendery weapon today)
that way ull keep the exlusive price for undead mask.

edit.
cara said those masks will be the unique and only one in the game.
so im talking about bundle only till event is over!
and not forever bundle lol ;)

octavos
07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
which is hard to tell the diffrrent if u dont get into the player profile. ....ECT...

I value your opinion...please pass the word. :D

frostine
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Is the druidic bundle seasonal/limited time as part of the summer solstice event? If so, this bundle already includes a mask which looks similar to one of the world drop masks. Therefore we kinda already have a plat option for obtaining a mask of a 'different color'.

sun light
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
which is hard to tell the diffrrent if u dont get into the player profile. ....ECT...

I value your opinion...please pass the word. :D
lol u right haha ETC..
dont waste ure time reading my comment haha i was in the mood to write haha sorry.

octavos
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Is the druidic bundle seasonal/limited time as part of the summer solstice event?
separate bundle my friend..not included in this package.

Cahaun
07-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Fine with me. I don't care at all if "It's price gets killed" If it lowers the prices, so be it. I'm still trying to make enough money for the 500k I need so it'll be a while before I start spending a lot.

octavos
07-31-2012, 12:10 PM
lol u right haha ETC..
dont waste ure time reading my comment haha i was in the mood to write haha sorry.

i did, its just that long posts for mobile users is a bit hard ya'know :p
made good points also...I dont want to kill your investment.

Hardcoure
07-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I would prefer option a because we can still have the possibility of getting any mask we want without having to go broke buying with gold or spend half our lives trying to farm. Voted :strawberry: hope something will be made of this.

Popular
07-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Option A and C sounds good..
But not really in for B and D..

sun light
07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
lol u right haha ETC..

i did, its just that long posts for mobile users is a bit hard ya'know :p
made good points also...I dont want to kill your investment.
after all its all about what the devs want ro do...
if they want to keep high price? puy it into plat bundle different color
if they want to kill the price? put it into cheap gold bundle.
ok.. im done here lol i think it make my points ;)
ill keep watching ;)

Lady_Pebbles
07-31-2012, 12:48 PM
@Sunlight: They already have a plat item dropping as a recolored item.. The black bats are in a plat bundle and the albino (white) bats are the droppable pets. This is why I don't see a problem with that option at all.

Imma add this to my post up there. :P

Hardcoure
07-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Noooooo C has most votes. Haha. If STS does make an item pack bundle with these vanities, I ask please don't make a gold bundle. Since it feels like they'll be wallet breaking expensive.

Worship
07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I voted for B :D
I wanted to be different from everyone else's votes ;)

Tvis
07-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Option E: Keep things the same

You can get some of the vanities some of the time, but not all the vanities all of the time. Congrats to those who got them, and maybe next time to those who didn't. In the other STS games, people want an item that is very rare. This appears to be that item. If you don't get one now, then keep trying. If you don't get one by the time the event is over, buy one later. Inventories are going to fill up and new, cool vanities will come out. Let those who got one have their victory, and those who didn't continue their search.

If something must happen, extend the event another couple of days or a week longer.

Kaytar
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Whatever option is fine, just different colors. Would not be fair to farmers that got them

Flowman
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Where's the "None of the above" option?

Recolored versions of super rare vanities will outrage people, especially if the recolored versions look cooler than the ones they farmed for hours for.
If recolored versions are coming, then the current dropped vanities need a huge buff to their visual effects. I'm talking smoke trails, emotes from wearing the masks...make a reason to want these items. I know I'd be furious if a buyable option comes out that just as cool as something I farmed for days for.

sun light
07-31-2012, 04:48 PM
@Sunlight: They already have a plat item dropping as a recolored item.. The black bats are in a plat bundle and the albino (white) bats are the droppable pets. This is why I don't see a problem with that option at all.

Imma add this to my post up there. :P

me too! thats why is choose A
cos u can see the different between plat and farm.
but Call isnt much.. cos that mean they make a price market for those items.
plat is ok. gold isnt.
on bats bundle u right..
but mask bundle? idk. its ok, but still..the only different is the red light. and u cant see the different unless u get into the player profile. so idk if that a perfect different.
so myb different colot is better.
but yea. white/black bats is a better different. agree ;)

Takezaki
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
If they make a pack out of this I quit this game. Forever.

Rawrimafish
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
id say plan c, gold bundle so that others that cant get plat can have a chance at the good stuff :)

If they make a pack out of this I quit this game. Forever.
and go to PL or SL?

Takezaki
07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
id say plan c, gold bundle so that others that cant get plat can have a chance at the good stuff :)

and go to PL or SL?

No I don't play these games.

Wretch
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
While I won't quit....

I do want everyone to have their chance at the vanities!

Definitely a different color and NON tradeable, to distinguish the different ones.

If they were to offer a gold option... I wish it to be a gold sink "gamble" chance at it while still different color and NON tradeable.

In my honest opinion... And to start I have been lucky, but I would and will say the same thing if I wasn't...

KEEP the drops RARE!!!! It gives the players drive to play the game! If STS wants to lower the rarity, that's their choice, but all I ask is something different than playing while watching tv being my own BOT in my repetitive motions.

Yeah sorry for being all over the board... All in all my vote
Ultimately is E... Leave it how it is, second is plat different, followed by gold different.

Happy Huntings!!!

Lady_Pebbles
08-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Whatever option is fine, just different colors. Would not be fair to farmers that got them
Black Bats are sold in the Dark Crusader bundle for plat yet a recolored version called Albino Bats are droppable, tradeable, & stashable. This hasn't hurt the econony nor has it effected players like us who farm for vanities.

I really don't see an issue with this at all.

Mrsberry
08-01-2012, 12:24 AM
There is already an antler mask without the glow effects.

Lady_Pebbles
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
@MrsB: Yup! I quoted you on my first post (after Oct's main post) with a pic from Floating's thread to show them what you mean. I totally forgot about that.

Lowlyspy
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm all for option C if any such pack is made. I for one don't care about my antlers losing value, they are more valuable to me than any amount of gold because i spent my valuable time farming them, however i would be a little miffed if a recolored version with the effects is made. If another recolored version of them is made (without the effects of course, those should be unique to the Undead Antlers) then that's just one more special, non-plat item for me to collect. Same thing goes for the eagle and snake masks as well.

Also if the pack were a gold sink and not a plat sink, i wouldn't mind it being a gamble pack because gold is FAR easier to come by than plat.

octavos
08-01-2012, 11:14 AM

For us it is because we grind 24-7 XD, but others aren't as lucky. Events help keep moral and optimism for the games in general.
Considering 20 people have voted which isn't a small number (only one vote per person), would tell me that maybe we would like to have the option.

Option C makes the most sense, for farmers, merchants and casual players but mostly for the grinders.