PDA

View Full Version : Falsely Advertised Elixir Perhaps?

Zeus
07-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Hello,

I recently hit 71 on my bird, Apollo, using a combination of the thrasher punch and 7 day elixir. To my calculations, this would make it out to 6x xp, correct?

I found out, the entire time while running Mega Maze, I was only getting 4XP per kill, which was definitely not what was advertised. I grinded about 30k XP before I realized this.

So I figured, no big deal, support can probably refund me the elixir, HOWEVER, they didn't!

I just wanted to let others know that in Mega Maze at least, with the enable XP elixir, the 7 day elixir + thrasher combo does NOT work as advertised.

DexGOD
07-31-2012, 12:56 PM
It does work as advertised. The mob multiplier with enable XP elixirs at lower level campaigns is well below 1 XP per kill.

FluffNStuff
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
DexGOD is correct, and it looks like you are getting 2/3 XP for low level kills which would be why the 6X is 4X on them.

wvhills
07-31-2012, 01:09 PM
maybe u can level in appropriate areas. :)

Gaunab
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
maybe u can level in appropriate areas. :)

Agreed. Parth really needs to learn to play his class properly which he will never achieve if he just keeps jamming buttons in low level dungeons.

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
I ran 2 full hours in the lagoon and still only came up with your typical 4x xp or approx 8k per hr ... This was with full thrashed team and the double experience elixir. That coupled with the fact that it was purchased on the wrong toon (refused to switch the elixir to the correct character) and I decided all level later ...

**Tries to wash bad taste forming in mouth out**

octavos
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
O.O
wow, all i gotta say.

LwMark
07-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Is this why when say u have 234/235 and u wanna get 235/235 and u kill a mob u sometimes get 2kills? Because i did this on lwmarkjr at l10 but i got a roll back but now im scared to do it again just in case it does it again. And i dont have plat like that to buy new inspec pages each time. Anyone can help?

TANKKAAR
07-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Is this why when say u have 234/235 and u wanna get 235/235 and u kill a mob u sometimes get 2kills? Because i did this on lwmarkjr at l10 but i got a roll back but now im scared to do it again just in case it does it again. And i dont have plat like that to buy new inspec pages each time. Anyone can help?

I dont get it....

FluffNStuff
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM

Gotta be REALLY careful with that because it is not showing you the decimal points. So you might be at 234.2 or 234.8 and you don't know, and you are not exactly sure how much the mob is going to give you, is .5,1.0, 1.5? That is why people see their exp sometimes go up by two, sometimes by one and sometimes not at all when killing the same mobs.

Samhayne
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

As Fluff outlines above, the rates for exp gain depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) your groupsize, your level and the levels of the critters. Exp is fractional, in that a kill may ultimately only give you a portion of a point (.2 for example) and then have your multipliers go into effect. Now, I will say that the new 2x 7 day elixir is a new thing for us and I wouldn't ever say anything is foolproof. However, the testing team (that does have access to the full numerical view of a character's level progression) did observe correct behavior by stacking elixirs with the new 7 day one.

If you do feel that the elixir is not working for you, we want to hear the details. Please write our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com and include as much detail as possible. Now I know that Apollo already reported his findings to our team and we didn't have reason to believe that it wasn't working as advertised - but there are a lot of variables involved and it is entirely possible that a different set of variables could be problematic. Regardless, we always try to do right by our customers and I think Apollo can attest to that from our previous correspondence.

Thanks, as always, for your support!

drewcapu
07-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Can there be an option for players to see decimals?

I <3 decimals!

Zeus
07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey guys,

As Fluff outlines above, the rates for exp gain depend on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) your groupsize, your level and the levels of the critters. Exp is fractional, in that a kill may ultimately only give you a portion of a point (.2 for example) and then have your multipliers go into effect. Now, I will say that the new 2x 7 day elixir is a new thing for us and I wouldn't ever say anything is foolproof. However, the testing team (that does have access to the full numerical view of a character's level progression) did observe correct behavior by stacking elixirs with the new 7 day one.

If you do feel that the elixir is not working for you, we want to hear the details. Please write our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com and include as much detail as possible. Now I know that Apollo already reported his findings to our team and we didn't have reason to believe that it wasn't working as advertised - but there are a lot of variables involved and it is entirely possible that a different set of variables could be problematic. Regardless, we always try to do right by our customers and I think Apollo can attest to that from our previous correspondence.

Ah, thanks Sam! Yes, you guys are amazing with your support. :)

Zeus
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Agreed. Parth really needs to learn to play his class properly which he will never achieve if he just keeps jamming buttons in low level dungeons.

Lol, Gau :)

I was leveling there for around 30k of my exp because I have stitches on my hand & it was easier to one hit mobs by myself than lingering behind on a Humania map.

LwMark
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM

Gotta be REALLY careful with that because it is not showing you the decimal points. So you might be at 234.2 or 234.8 and you don't know, and you are not exactly sure how much the mob is going to give you, is .5,1.0, 1.5? That is why people see their exp sometimes go up by two, sometimes by one and sometimes not at all when killing the same mobs.

Thx fluff..my friend wanted me to get her full xp at l50 and she was like plz help i only need to kill once an when i did it boom 51 i felt so bad..same thing with lwmarkjr an it lvld but helpfully sts rerolled

Otukura
07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x.

Lol, Gau :)

I was leveling there for around 30k of my exp because I have stitches on my hand & it was easier to one hit mobs by myself than lingering behind on a Humania map.

All who buy it, say I! :D

Zeus
07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x.

All who buy it, say I! :D

Main reason why I wasn't on PL for a few days when you were asking, Chris.

nomad187
07-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I feel as though we're taking stack in the wrong way. Instead of it being multiplied, it's added. We're gaining the extra XP from the 4x + the extra xp from the 2x making it a total of 5x(Our normal 1x + 3x extra + 1x extra). When you do the math, 5x seems to work out when I compare 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x to 5 minutes of hidden passage on 4x + the 2x

If it is 5x then they are advertising it wrong...

Yes, once you purchase the 7 day 2X exp elixir, you will have that effect on that character for 7 consecutive days (it is always counting down). You can stack any other exp elixir on top of it. If you get a 4x exp elixir, you would then have a total of 6x exp.

Zeus
07-31-2012, 07:00 PM

I guess it depends on your definition of stacking.

Hmm, it would be appreciated if STS could be extremeley detailed with these things to avoid confusion.

Otukura
07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Main reason why I wasn't on PL for a few days when you were asking, Chris.

I'm not doubting the injury, I just don't think it's the reason you chose fathom over humania.

I never counted enemies, so it could be my non-consistent run times. It would be best for someone who would be counting kills to have more accurate figures to go off of.

Zeus
07-31-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm not doubting the injury, I just don't think it's the reason you chose fathom over humania.

Chris, it is much easier to just hit auto attack and move in a dungeon, therefore having less rapid movements that require both hands.

I did grind 50k XP in Monster Bash, which is way harder to gain experience in than lagoon is, so I'm failing to see your point.

My last 10-15k was done in lagoon.

Deathofan
07-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Idk how it works with the new 2xs 7day elixer, but with a thrasher itself running in balefort magic castle I get 16k exp per hour 6k pve kills, so I guess its 32k exp with new elixer. I think devs added this new lixer bc argued about humania maps too big to grind exp

Whirlzap
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I thought 2x 7 Day modified your base EXP...aka stacking.
But when you put a 4x on it, you SHOULD get 1(base) times 2(modified) times 4(elixir)
Which is 8x.
Yet Sam says it's 6x?
So it's more of an increased boost, rather than stacking.

Samhayne
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
The devil is in the details.

It all depends on how you view "stacking"

In this case, elixirs used to not stack. If you bought a 3x elixir and then bought a 4x elixir, it would only take the higher multiplier and disregard any lower ones. That was not stacking.

Now, the 7 day adds in on top of of any other elixir, so now they "stack."

Hopefully that helps?

drewcapu
08-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Once upon a time, asommers wrote:

In the next content update, elixirs (and enhancers) will now stack and reset properly if used in conjunction with other buffs/debuffs that affect armor, damage, speed, luck, or experience. For example, if you are using a 30m 2x speed elixir, and you get a 5 second half-speed debuff on you, you'll be at 1x speed (2 times 0.5), and when the debuff wears off, your speed will be set back to 2x.

Luck elixirs will also now stack with the Big/Little Luck. Previously, it chose the larger percentage of the two.

-ALS

In his example, the elixir and debuff stacked using multiplication.

With that logic, you would think that stacking 4x and 2x would become 8x, not 6x or even 5x.

Otherwise, asommers would've posted that the 2x speed buff with 5 second half speed debuff would've ended up as 1.5x speed (buff/debuff off of base speed).

But hey, even asommers is allowed to post boo-boos, if that is the case. Please don't make me post proof.

wvhills
08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
this whole thread makes me hate elixirs even more than I already did. They ruined a game that was truely great.

ZHEOTARE
08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I thought 2x 7 Day modified your base EXP...aka stacking.
But when you put a 4x on it, you SHOULD get 1(base) times 2(modified) times 4(elixir)
Which is 8x.
Yet Sam says it's 6x?
So it's more of an increased boost, rather than stacking.

I take stacking as adding, not multiplying. So it would be 1 (base) x 2 (modifier) + 1 (base) x 4 (elixer).

Just my opinion though....

TANKKAAR
08-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Idk how it works with the new 2xs 7day elixer, but with a thrasher itself running in balefort magic castle I get 16k exp per hour 6k pve kills, so I guess its 32k exp with new elixer. I think devs added this new lixer bc argued about humania maps too big to grind exp

16k xp?? As in 16,000 xp per hour???

I call BS....

Griffinfan
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
this whole thread makes me hate elixirs even more than I already did. They ruined a game that was truely great.

Spacetime can't make everything free, they have to be able to make some margin of profit to fund the new developments of the game, If you don't like elixers or anything like that then don't use them, no one is forcing you ;)

Hey guys,

Ive played alot of games for a long time, nothing comes close to your support team, your support is truly unrivaled.

wvhills
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Spacetime can't make everything free, they have to be able to make some margin of profit to fund the new developments of the game, If you don't like elixers or anything like that then don't use them, no one is forcing you .

I'm not an idiot and I'm not a noob. No one expects them to give everything for free (this is about the 100th time I've seen someone post this). There are other ways of making money besides selling elixirs- ways that don't completely change the dynamics of the game. Yes, I realized that I don't have to purchase an elixir (once again, about the 100th time I've seen that posted) but if u don't have an elixir all u end up doing is leeching off everyone else. Good luck finding a group that doesn't have at least one roided up player doing all the work.

Artemis
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
To my calculations,

hehe you sound nerdy (;

Otukura
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Once upon a time, asommers wrote:

In his example, the elixir and debuff stacked using multiplication.

With that logic, you would think that stacking 4x and 2x would become 8x, not 6x or even 5x.

Otherwise, asommers would've posted that the 2x speed buff with 5 second half speed debuff would've ended up as 1.5x speed (buff/debuff off of base speed).

But hey, even asommers is allowed to post boo-boos, if that is the case. Please don't make me post proof.
He went back on that, after the XP glitch that let everyone hit 61 in 3 kills. G said they were forced to remove that, not sure if it's been put back in.