PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does there seem to be no skill involved in AL?

Repent
08-08-2022, 03:16 AM
It seems as though the entire game is about mindlessly farming gold to make your character look as shiny as possible once you can afford an overpriced aura. And even the "challenging" bosses aren't difficult if you have the right awakes on your gear. Literally, no skill just spam attack and move out of the way of predictable attack patterns rinse and repeat.

When proc stacking was a thing there was skill involved such as timing your procs and overlapping them with each other to maximize damage output and your skill was shown in events like dragkin temple and swamp temple.

But proc stacking is a thing of the past obviously, so what can be done to introduce some sort of skill-based gameplay into AL?

Feel free to share your thoughts.

-Atoned

pfizer
08-08-2022, 03:19 AM
Honor pvp left the chat.

QuaseT
08-08-2022, 03:36 AM
Evg seemed a lot easier to me than mecha or gauntlet. Tho I dont play normal mode to have highly challenging maps anyways but rather chill gameplay so Im better off like this.

championboost
08-08-2022, 04:00 AM
any maps with a score or a timer is skillbased
if you have the best gear but like 3% less dex on every piece you can still easily beat that person

Statsonly
08-08-2022, 04:56 AM
For me as a mage 2019 was the god father of proc stacking. I had 150% boss damage, best pets and jewels, timing and skill was needed to perfectly stack all procs to melt bosses. Timing war utl + rogue utl + pets in 3-5 seconds to practice and patience. Now it's just having 200m in gear and the newest toys lol.

shadowronn
08-08-2022, 07:35 AM
Yeah, idk long back there were some funny but thought-provoking cool strategies like parking a mini-boss or scaling a boss, or standing on the corner to defeat Paracelsus. Idk about now.

Oakmaiden
08-08-2022, 08:13 AM
Yeah, idk long back there were some funny but thought-provoking cool strategies like parking a mini-boss or scaling a boss, or standing on the corner to defeat Paracelsus. Idk about now.

Ikr, that was before Awakens and people were geared the same. Then came the snobbery. The average geared person can’t play the content, which went downhill after Maus.

Tbh, the proc stacking just made the snobbey worse. Now you need multiple sets of gears to switch or get left behind.

I’d rather smash random buttons, clear mobs, kill the boss and be done with it.

Stephencobear
08-08-2022, 09:33 AM
I’m in game stacking 6 different procs & timing them with pets & parties procs
Goes on forum to read proc stacking is a thing of the past

Hmmmm

Avaree
08-08-2022, 01:26 PM
Skills? Something of the past xD

Personally I believe all gears should loose effectiveness as new campaigns begin, like the AR .

chiiwawa
08-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Everything is always better in the good ole days. Not just the game so i dunno if things got bad or im just an old grouchy mage. I have noticed that newer players seem to accept things alot better and move on. Maybe they like it, maybe they dont know any different or maybe what ever. Im working on my 9th year and dont know exactly what i think about it anymore. I still like logging in to talk to peeps but i kinda stopped running unless someone asks for help. So many changes all the time it makes my head hurt.

Rynh
08-11-2022, 01:19 AM
The main reason I play this game is because i can run some awesome events without thinking bout the procs, what skills to press, etc etc. I can play while doing something else irl :)

Immortal_Blood
08-11-2022, 07:04 PM
yes , AL isnt valorant. hahahah

Oakmaiden
08-12-2022, 06:58 AM
I’m in game stacking 6 different procs & timing them with pets & parties procs
Goes on forum to read proc stacking is a thing of the past

Hmmmm

Obviously you have multiple sets of gears, not all can afford to buy every piece that comes along. Those ppl get left out of parties. Running random is too sketchy.

Stephencobear
08-12-2022, 09:08 PM
Obviously you have multiple sets of gears, not all can afford to buy every piece that comes along. Those ppl get left out of parties. Running random is too sketchy.

I mostly run randoms
Personally I don’t see ppl being left out
But I do agree some endgame content can be out of reach for poorly geared