PDA

View Full Version : Birds vs Dodges

Waug
08-01-2012, 12:01 AM
here's what happens most of the time. Birds have a 20% chance to hit their root vs a str bear. No, hit % and dodge are not on the same roll (although I wish they were). If a bird manages to hit root with that 20% chance, then you STILL only have a 45% chance of landing the fairly INSIGNIFICANT 32 armor debuff (32/275 or so). Eventually the dodge debuff wears off. Chances of landing any given individual skill are back to 20% until the bear's evasion is gone. OR, you miss your root to begin with (much more likely), and your chances of landing break armor are low.

Original thread :
www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64532-Bear-is-insanely-OP-at-current-endgame

You calculated like this 100-80=20 assuming that the bear has 80 dodge. STS never revealed the equations/mechanism they use to calculate dodges, dmg, crits etc etc. Its always been hypothetical depending upon some clues in the game.

As its seems pure bird's very high hit% (much more than 100) is useless but really? buff gives +35 crit n hit chance (7 points) and when birds buffs .. opponents dodges less, instead of having 150+ hit% already, its nothing to do with crit buff its only related to hit buff.

Its bit weird that dodge debuff gets dodged sometime but not as much as any other skill, its hit chance is much better as I ovserved, unfortunately the effective time period is short 3 sec. buff+root+root makes hard to dodge, its different matter if u can't survive during this period.

Again current endgame bow set is dodgy as well plus 35 dodge buff, then if the bird succeed to deliver the blind shot he will dodge like hell, if we assume bears have 110 hit% its makes something like 80 hit% means hit chance would be something like 80-55= 35. he would miss 7 out of 10.

I'll eagerly wait for constructive/informative posts.

P.S. : The above quotation is not just to comment, needed to start a good thread on this topic.

Elyseon
08-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Actually a bear can get a stack hellscream debuff on an opponent which equates to -70% for that about 1 second that it's stacked, the point of 100+ hit% is to avoid missing even with these huge debuffs

Whirlzap
08-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Quoted from your post:
Its bit weird that dodge debuff gets dodged sometime but not as much as any other skill, its hit chance is much better as I ovserved, unfortunately the effective time period is short 3 sec. buff+root+root makes hard to dodge, its different matter if u can't survive during this period.

First of all, all skills have the same hit rate.
Debuffs have not been confirmed to have a better hit chance than any other skill at all.
Right now, you're relaying a battle scheme out as if the bird will be a robot.
There are too many variables.
Bear might be debuffed to crap with his own hit %, but he still has a huge dodge rate and he can just tank around until the hit debuff wears off.
And the chance for Blind to even hit at first with Bear's dodge is pretty slim, and to have Blind hit again would be really lucky.

Fusroah
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Thats some albert einstein stuff to me, lol!