PDA

View Full Version : Your worst PL experience

Yao
08-01-2012, 02:35 PM
i think it will be fun to share your worse pocket legend experience since you started playing the game.

please be specific, it could be a loot uve been hoping to get for weeks and seeing it drop to another player, or a PVP loss, or a scam, anything!!!!

i will start, cuz mine happened yesterday.

i have no problem spending plat, cuz i do like this game, think it kills time, and the satisfaction of killing monsters and lvling and getting loot is just awesome.

i also think that STS do listen to their players, as we are the ones that strives the game.

so to be specific, as i was doing the diamond quest on my 3rd alt, with almost 60+ bash runs, countless different players. i was in one of the few rounds with ONLY one other player, it was just the 2 of us for a few rounds of bash. so for around 5 runs of bash, 6 pink items had dropped, and again, it was ONLY the 2 of us in each one of those 5 runs. and all 6 pinks went to him. LUCK? meant to be? dont deserve it? you be the judge.

after 75 rounds of bash, 150 furballs, 441 of plat, all i got was 3 diamonds(from quest) and 1 double tiki shanks of tiki. (which in game countless of OBD dropped, recipes, legendary items dropped, just to other players.)

havent looted one single diamond since the update with countless of sanbar, south pointe, bash runs.

not getting pinks was bad enough, but at least the furballs quest was still motivating me to finish each runs.

but it reached rock bottom for me when i see 5 pinks goes to the ONLY one other player in game for 6 consecutive runs.

i am pretty sure a lot of you have experienced the same thing as of what ive mentioned, but i just wanted to share with everyone else. it was a bad day for me, to be clear, the worse since i started playing this game.

now if everyone else like to share their bad experience, id love to hear them!!

Phoenixking
08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
It happened in 3 days, I was about to gain 600k but messed up, and I couldn't get to 3M and then I messed up bad and lost 1.5m

Jcyee
08-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Getting scammed twice in three days... When i was a noob of course lol

Mysticalnova
08-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Red Dragon Set Lost :( & Looting the Elite Staff and declined many niceoffers and then coming back from a 3 day break and seeing all these Elite Items.

Cephei
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Seeing that every name is already in use -.-
Even my mains name...after that i dont even started playing PL again

Hardcoure
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Back when 56 was cap and I was too noob to know what xp runs were. Kept getting booted because evidently 53 was too low for their runs. Ha if I hadn't quit for a while because of my job then I would have just because of rage.

Daueden
08-01-2012, 04:02 PM
when i was 3/4 of the way to persistence helm didnt use any plat and never did and didnt get the helm :(

Jugernugetx
08-01-2012, 04:09 PM
seeing 10 people get ocean blue diamonds, the thing i need.

every stinkin day!!!

modredd
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
At the time Eclipse was the number one guild.I was let in after MONTHS of waiting.
Long story short player who is an officer and friend of GM starts getting on my case almost harassing me.
I had to leave the guild and every member said it wasn't fair but no one came to my defense even though they saw his behaviour.
They didn't want to loose their place in the guild.that's when I realized it wasnt a kids game and there were a lot of politics involved like high school!
The only thing it taught me was to be my own person,stick up for myself making some enemies along the way and to try to advocate for those with less then me in this game which can be more cut throat then I would have ever thought possible.
I also learned you cannot quit just because somebody is a jerk cause you would want to quit everyday! I stay true to myself defend myself when I need to, walk away when I see no point in trying and have fun and make this game enjoyable for myself and others.
:livid:

Yao
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM

Every stinkin day!!!

i know right!!!!!

bobfredd
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Everytime I log in..

Memene
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
i know right!!!!!

Lol i eont use thrasher yet

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o486/number1591/dd3e8044.jpg. make that 11 lmao xp without elix

every stinkin day!!!

saool
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Grinding for the CoP having more than a quarter of the exp for 56 (and not using elixirs). And then...blam! update all my exp gone along with the chance for CoP. A moment I will always remember. :mad:

NotYoCookiez
08-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Tried for 56 cap... Got 15k in. Tried for 61 cap... Got 30k in. Tried for 66... Went all out and thrashed. Got the cap. No bonus whatsoever

MightyMicah
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Getting trolled by Caste. Nothing is more painful to your reputation than Caste.

Matutd
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I once got a permanent ban, I logged on and it was like "your device has been banned from the game. Ban duration: forever". Good job support team works well haha

XchilangopwnX
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Back in Sewer Cap when a Custom Recurve went for a Million or so, I put mine up for sale (thinking it was the Xbow) for 98k...after 2 weeks of farming to buy the whole set. FML. Taught me to be careful with the auction.

Chopper
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Feeling completely misled about the Mount Fang armour and all the promotions about it, discussions about how it would work with the next cap vanity, etc. and then finding out that it's completely useless with any post-fang Cap vanities. I spent platinum, grinded, along with many others to try and get it before the new campaign was released and found out, sorry, it's not going to give you the 50hp you were expecting.

Roc
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Finally did enough free plat offers to buy a Thrasher (sometimes it take more offers, downloading 1 game for 1 plat at a time, woot!). I joined a Thrasher party and the host says "Thrasher only" when I join. Okay, it's probably one of his quickchats. They were near the end of the level but I wanted to join so I could catch the remake. I plod along and finally caught up to them when I was booted for the reason "thrasher only"...........really?! :chargrined:

Whirlzap
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Not trying to sound mean but making threads about your bad drop rate won't help.
Or making a thread with a title that allows you to complain about your drop rate.
I've done over 1k regular Humania runs and have yet to see a L70 titled pink or an OBD.

The best thing to do is just keep going at it.

Yao
08-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Not trying to sound mean but making threads about your bad drop rate won't help.
Or making a thread with a title that allows you to complain about your drop rate.
I've done over 1k regular Humania runs and have yet to see a L70 titled pink or an OBD.

The best thing to do is just keep going at it.

yea, and just like how you added that sentence in there about you NOT getting any....it almost my whole post concluded in to one sentence. and seeing it going to a different player.

saying not trying to mean and then say shxt like that doesnt make you a nice person.

it a discussion forum no??? and id like to discuss my bad experience in game, and if youd like to share urs, feel free...if not, dont make us waste our time reading ur post bashing this thread.

i am keeping at it, non stop too, but at the same time, it helps me to vent a little, and to also see if players in game somehow sometimes feels the same way i do.

Energizeric
08-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Worst was not a single experience but a period of time. From the time I started in the Sewers (lvl52) until I finished Fang (lvl64), I never got a single pink drop, not even one. I had never done the Shadow Caves, so one evening 5 of us did the entire run through all the Shadow Caves. About 10-15 pinks dropped during this run, and everyone got more than one except me -- I did not even get a single one. That was the most frustrating experience I had on PL. Then the following day Humania was released, and I'm happy to say that Humania has been good to me. I've gotten easily 30-40 Humania pink drops over the past 6 weeks or so, and it has allowed me to obtain a full crafted set plus have a couple million leftover. :)

morfic
08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
My worst PL experience was this one time.. when I tried playing PL.

EffenSeven
08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Currently having my worst PL experience. I've never been so frustrated by anything until now. Trying to beat Vlod is ridiculous.

dudetus
08-04-2012, 08:15 AM
At the time Eclipse was the number one guild.I was let in after MONTHS of waiting.
Long story short player who is an officer and friend of GM starts getting on my case almost harassing me.
I had to leave the guild and every member said it wasn't fair but no one came to my defense even though they saw his behaviour.
They didn't want to loose their place in the guild.that's when I realized it wasnt a kids game and there were a lot of politics involved like high school!
The only thing it taught me was to be my own person,stick up for myself making some enemies along the way and to try to advocate for those with less then me in this game which can be more cut throat then I would have ever thought possible.
I also learned you cannot quit just because somebody is a jerk cause you would want to quit everyday! I stay true to myself defend myself when I need to, walk away when I see no point in trying and have fun and make this game enjoyable for myself and others.

Eh?

I was a proud member of Eclipse for around 8-9 months and I am more than certain I was in the guild at ur time and I don't have a clue what u r talking about.

"At the time Eclipse was the number one guild". Seriously, if ur only intention to be in Eclipse was being in number one guild in terms of most capped players, u would've been in the wrong guild. Eclipse is all about being a large and happy family of MATURE players which u do not obviously represent as u r creating unnecessary drama about ur personal flammable relations with some person which I doubt u have even had...

Most of Eclipse fellows are past high school btw... Most of the members are either studying or working...

Taaralatie
08-04-2012, 08:21 AM

Hey I am so sorry to hear this was your experience. As I do not know you I can only assume that you left before I was a member or officer or gm. I don't even know of whom you speak, and obviously this is not the place to deal with it. But let me assure you and others that Eclipse is not that sort of guild. We pride ourselves on keeping drama free and i would like to think that our more mature players these days would not make any person feel belittled or harrassed in any way. Certainly if we knew about this behaviour we would not tolerate it. Its hard for me to pass comment on something which happened before my time and I would like to say if you have any grievances still, or if you feel there is information you have that may be helpful to me then please pm me.

Livemau
08-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Hey I am so sorry to hear this was your experience. As I do not know you I can only assume that you left before I was a member or officer or gm. I don't even know of whom you speak, and obviously this is not the place to deal with it. But let me assure you and others that Eclipse is not that sort of guild. We pride ourselves on keeping drama free and i would like to think that our more mature players these days would not make any person feel belittled or harrassed in any way. Certainly if we knew about this behaviour we would not tolerate it. Its hard for me to pass comment on something which happened before my time and I would like to say if you have any grievances still, or if you feel there is information you have that may be helpful to me then please pm me.

or hire an assasin for lots of gold cuz i know a guy thats willing

destruction_is_eminent
08-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Mine? Gettin mauled by the Magnetic Golem even AFTER the max reccomended level for the sand caves. It sucks. I know.

KingFu
08-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Losing my 56 Glyph Nuri set, then seeing an 8M offer for one a week later.

Rockxout
08-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Spending close to 8000 platinum at monster bash and not getting a single gold cap yet.

Miss Insecurity
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
=.= got booted by a lvl71 mean player "ihunt" b4 boss.

Bebsi
08-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Six hours of mysterymash on superhyperpowerluck elixier without an elite drop...

Worse than that a few days ago, I ran for the whole day in MF hoping for dragon loot.
I didn't expect any drops at all but sure enough I ran with many different ppl and I saw 3 drops... Oh well.
Since that day I haven't seen any drops yet.
But what I don't like ppl inviting me and just playing dead when fighting Edward (ofc that was one of the players that got a dragon drop, not on this run tho) -.-

Another bad experience are leechers these days, letting u kill all the mobs, making a stomp or nuke here and there, but most of the time hiding somewhere in the back...

Oh yea, one thing that ticks me off is the elite players with their dam ship cannon. With my bear I have to get close to mob or boss to kill them. Even tho they know they can kill the team with that weapon they keep on firing forcing me to get away from enemy. I always explain them to use it on a boss that doesn't move but well...
After killing the whole team he was just laughing -.-
Ppl are just leaving when they see him enter a dungeon now.

Hey Yao, venting a bit is fine. It helps us getting over the bad days.
I'm sure many ppl have a lot of reasons to complain theses days ^_^

Unxtoxic
08-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Buying Raid and fury set right before expansion was the worst experience for me. Lost over 2mil. Never doing that again. But was a good learning experience.

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Sometime mid to late 2011, looted a green ice sword, gave it away to a noob and I was so absent minded I thought it was just regular pink...it was my first green ice loot and maybe at the back of my head I thought there should be a "green ice" suffix/prefix in there (LOL!) that's why I didn't pay attention...oh well...I just made a noob 1million++ richer that day...after he made profit out of it, he thank'd me thinking I donated the item on purpose (of course I pretended) but in reality I was dying inside I could have been that millionaire :P It was a bitter sweet experience because that guy eventually became a pretty good merchant :P In hindsight it wasn't that bad, but during that time, I wasn't too happy about it :P

Energizeric
08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Oh yea, one thing that ticks me off is the elite players with their dam ship cannon. With my bear I have to get close to mob or boss to kill them. Even tho they know they can kill the team with that weapon they keep on firing forcing me to get away from enemy. I always explain them to use it on a boss that doesn't move but well...
After killing the whole team he was just laughing -.-
Ppl are just leaving when they see him enter a dungeon now.

I had the same issue, so now what I do is when I hear the cannon noise I turn off auto attack and back up, then the boss almost immediately goes for the guy with the sea blaster since he is the one causing the most damage. I did that a few times yesterday until finally the guy left on his own after he kept dying. I have 270 armor and I can survive fine, but these birds with their cannon have at best 160-170 armor.

JaytB
08-07-2012, 04:19 AM
but these birds with their cannon have at best 160-170 armor.

A pure dex bird with that cannon can have up to 189 armor (with 3 piece vanity set and 9 armor ring).

Brave Sir Robin
08-07-2012, 05:39 AM
...when I hear the cannon noise I turn off auto attack and back up, then the boss almost immediately goes for the guy with the sea blaster since he is the one causing the most damage. I did that a few times yesterday until finally the guy left on his own after he kept dying...

:)

Now some men like a fishin', but some men like the fowlin'
Some men like to hear, to hear the cannonball a-roarin'
But me, I like sleepin', `specially in my Molly's chamber
But here I am in prison, here I am with a ball and chain, yeah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTH6nrD0ars)

gibol1412
08-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Tried for 56 cap... Got 15k in. Tried for 61 cap... Got 30k in. Tried for 66... Went all out and thrashed. Got the cap. No bonus whatsoever
Hi. I understand your point:apologetic: I'm playing without spending alot of money to. I don't get Crown for lvl 56 like Saool. And was very hard to get lvl 61, lvl 66 and 71 now. This is 4-5 hours day by day of playing :( Good luck all.

Chopper
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
...But what I don't like ppl inviting me and just playing dead when fighting Edward (ofc that was one of the players that got a dragon drop, not on this run tho) -.-

Another bad experience are leechers these days, letting u kill all the mobs, making a stomp or nuke here and there, but most of the time hiding somewhere in the back...

Oh yea, one thing that ticks me off is the elite players with their dam ship cannon. With my bear I have to get close to mob or boss to kill them. Even tho they know they can kill the team with that weapon they keep on firing forcing me to get away from enemy.

Good points here.

I would like to buy a ship cannon but because it kills friends and foe alike, it's useless for now. I wonder if it fires in town too?

If you die and lie around at the boss, you should get an anti-luck elixir effect and have your drops downgraded one level.

Yeah, leechers, pretending to help but stomping or casting one spell a minute are annoying.

Register
08-09-2012, 04:18 PM
The very first few minutes in pl. I thought the game was absolutely terrible and deleted it lol. In a few hours I redownloaded it haha