PDA

View Full Version : Elite vs Dragon Vanity.

Mysticalnova
08-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Just dont understand why STS boosted the rate of Elite Items and haven't done the same with the Dragon Vanity. I've been through many Dragon Vanity and sold them but this Elite staff I looted and kept for a reason. They made the Elite Items for a reason to be Elite but how come they haven't done anything with the Dragon Vanity. I've been away for the last 3 days and then come back and see all these Elite Items, there was only 3 of us who had the Elite Items then I see everyone with them :(

Well Gratz to everyone that has one now but just dont know why STS would boost the drop rate.

Just dont understand. :/

(Not Hating them just want see what you all have to say)

~Mysticalnova

LwMark
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Cause they are vanities and give set bonus?

And maybe the dragon rates are normal just not many farm their like 71s farmin full potted in humania right.now.. because before everyone was farming fang full potted and there was alot more drops

Yao
08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
right now for some reason, every single thing the STS do has made me think that they are doing it to have more players spend money, buy plat.

but i guess thats how a business work. not complaining nor blaming anybody.

so here's my 2 cents towards the raised drop rate,

so that more players would want to cap their character in order to get to the elite dungeon, as the "hopes" of looting an "elite" weapon is not bigger.

therefore, more players would want to "cap" more quickly, and boom....thrasher, and now 2x week long elix, and shamu thrasher....plat plat plat...chi-ching!!!!!!!

as for the dragon, anyone could get them, and the cap of 66 is no more, so theres no need to raise the dropped rate, cuz then they would be going backwards...pushing ppl to go back to fang and not capping.

Rare
08-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Here's the things... rare stuff is awesome. Have a super rare item is great and it is worth a lot.

Problem is... when its very rare in addition to very hard to get what are most people going to do? Forget about it.

Just like Yao said. If people know its insanely hard or near impossible, there is no incentive to push forward to try to get it. Give it to STS for finding a great way to get people to spend their money in game without just raising prices.

LwMark
08-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Hoprfully these elite weapons go with a elite set cause i dont see any other reason for elite items

Jugernugetx
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Ive never seen a dragon item in cs. I wanna see how my char looks with blue! you have to run weeks for one item. But i dont mind, im not gonna bother farming them lol.

McBain
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Luck elixirs are also pretty much useless for getting dragon drops anyway, which helps keep the rarity up. The only way you would re-roll into a pink is if you got a purple drop, and that ain't gonna happen in Fang. Dragon items wouldn't be as rare otherwise. As for the elite items, it seems to me that they'd be making more money by not nerfing the drop rate. I think those who are inclined to spend a lot of $$ are less likely to be enticed into blowing through their plat now that the elite rarity has suddenly plummeted and they're going for a couple mil in the CS. Not that a couple mil isn't still a lot of money, but there's definitely less of a "gotta get that rare item!" mentality going around now that a lot of people have them.

Bebsi
08-01-2012, 04:44 PM
That's not it.
When we farmed Humania every craftable drop was still 500k - 5m depending on the drop.
An OCD would make u an instant millionaire.
And in the first week it was like pink heaven :)
I've never seen so many high lvls farm for so many hours and I've never seen so many ppl getting millionaires in a few hours lol

Now that Humania is more like a pink dessert and the pinks aren't worth much ppl move on.
With the new drop rate on the elite weapons one drop means u can sell ur item for 3m-7m.
That's even better than Humania cause killing the boss with a thrashered party takes half a minute.

So far I played 3-4 hours without one single elite drop, 312 plat no pink, no elite drop :)
(312 plat because two times I didn't want to loose my party and bought the elixier in dungeon).
I hope that ppl keep on farming, so even if I don't get a drop I might be able to buy all items ^_^

Patricks
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Theres more elite than dragon because of the number of ppl farming the items. Plus an elite boss run is only like 30 seconds. I believe, as I always have, that there will be more dragon farmers as the value of humania items continue to drop. Then dragon supply will increase.

Intenze
08-01-2012, 06:40 PM
And there are still not more elite items than dragon. You just don't see many dragon items, but they are out there. With the new influx of elite items, people are rushing to sell before the prices crash, making it appear like there are a lot of elite items.

For example, there are 50 dragon sets (100 dragon items) out there, but everyone who has them has gotten the matching dragon and is using them on their characters. Maybe there are a couple of dragon items being sold, call it like 2-3.

There are 20-30 elite weapons out there but most people who are getting them are trying to sell them before the market goes down more. There are like 5-10 elite weapons being sold. It appears there are more elite weapons, but that's really not the case.

Also, boosting elite drop rates definitely helps STS make more money. Reiterating what was already said above. People will want to cap = elixirs = plat. People want to run the elite map = elixirs = plat. Cha-CHINGGG.

Whirlzap
08-01-2012, 10:54 PM
There are actually like 150 dragon sets out there.
Only 10% of players sell the dragon pieces they get.

There is around 60-70 elites atm.

LwMark
08-01-2012, 11:02 PM

150 drag sets...?

Mysticalnova
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
But Elite was heaps hard to get before the Rate Increased of Elite was raised. Thats why I never sold my back then :/ Oh well guess I might aswell farm.

gibol1412
08-02-2012, 06:10 AM

And how you know that? :D

NotYoCookiez
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't say more then 50 sets lol. This is just a guess becaause shortly after dragon came out the next cap was on its way.

Anyways I hope they don't increase the rate on dragons >_>

And nova be proud you were one of the first who got it AND in like 12 runs without plat lix.
I remember you were in my run and only one without thrasher. Many of us like me thrash that place every day four HOURS and still don't get even with increased drop rate.

Either way whatever you sell It for will be almost 100% profit

Chopper
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I tried farming Dragons. Got frustrated.

Tried farming Elites, got two in one day. happy.

Dragon sets are cool but dont give any HUGE bonus, just a little boost. I'm perfectly fine with some people being luckier than others and having them for a little boost. They dont drastically give advantages to those players.

LwMark
08-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Its just gold

TruePlayer
08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Its common sense elites r just pinks or dark pinks and dragons r vanitys
Which you can use with any pinks set, thats why dragons will forever more rare and worth alot more.

TruePlayer
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Also after week searching for a red dragon helm now i know how rare they r. But i rather them be upper rare cause it be annoying to see everybody walking around with dragons vanity.
Dragons stands for

Chinese Dragon, this mythological symbol dates back to 3000 BC and stands for happiness, immortality, procreation, fertility and activity. Chinese Dragons were believed to ward off evil spirits. Take a look at a Chinese city and you will see dragons decorating ancient monuments and buildings, sometimes playing with a pearl or thunder-ball. One can also see dragons on the garments of ancient Chinese generals. The Emperor alone had nine of them on his brocade.

In ancient days the dragon was regarded as a most sacred animal, and used to be the imperial emblem of Chinese emperors. It is the first of the four Divine Creatures to Chinese-the others being the unicorn, the phoenix and the tortoise. Unlike the evil dragon the West, the Chinese Dragon is a beneficent and gracious creature and is worshipped as the divine ruler of Lakes, Rivers and Seas. It is the powerful yet gentle "Long" that brings rain to the earth, hastens the crops and cools the toiling framer. It is one of the most popular of Chinese art motifs, being sculptured on stone pillars of Chinese temples and embroidered on beautiful gold and silk tapestries.

Chinese Dragon is also the symbol of the Chinese race. Chinese proclaim themselves "Long De Chuan Ren" (Descendents of the Dragon). Chinese emperors think they are the real dragons and the sons of heaven. Thus the beds they sleep on are called the dragon beds, the throne called the dragon seat, and the emperor's ceremonial dresses called the dragon robes.

NotYoCookiez
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Also after week searching for a red dragon helm now i know how rare they r. But i rather them be upper rare cause it be annoying to see everybody walking around with dragons vanity.
Dragons stands for

Chinese Dragon, this mythological symbol dates back to 3000 BC and stands for happiness, immortality, procreation, fertility and activity. Chinese Dragons were believed to ward off evil spirits. Take a look at a Chinese city and you will see dragons decorating ancient monuments and buildings, sometimes playing with a pearl or thunder-ball. One can also see dragons on the garments of ancient Chinese generals. The Emperor alone had nine of them on his brocade.

In ancient days the dragon was regarded as a most sacred animal, and used to be the imperial emblem of Chinese emperors. It is the first of the four Divine Creatures to Chinese-the others being the unicorn, the phoenix and the tortoise. Unlike the evil dragon the West, the Chinese Dragon is a beneficent and gracious creature and is worshipped as the divine ruler of Lakes, Rivers and Seas. It is the powerful yet gentle "Long" that brings rain to the earth, hastens the crops and cools the toiling framer. It is one of the most popular of Chinese art motifs, being sculptured on stone pillars of Chinese temples and embroidered on beautiful gold and silk tapestries.

Chinese Dragon is also the symbol of the Chinese race. Chinese proclaim themselves "Long De Chuan Ren" (Descendents of the Dragon). Chinese emperors think they are the real dragons and the sons of heaven. Thus the beds they sleep on are called the dragon beds, the throne called the dragon seat, and the emperor's ceremonial dresses called the dragon robes.

Woah make a thread everyone needs to see this lol

Mysticalnova
08-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Dragons stands for

Copy & Paste O.o lol