PDA

View Full Version : Staves That Drain Mana

Burton
08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Do some staves drain mana when casted because I think I notice it happening when I use my bone staff of the owl but not when I use my lightning staff.

Royce
08-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Do some staves drain mana when casted because I think I notice it happening when I use my bone staff of the owl but not when I use my lightning staff.

Yes, afaik all Int weapons drain a small amount of mana per shot (but some more than others). It is a very small amount, only really noticeable if you have superlow mana regen (like when you start the game).

Burton
08-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok thanks. Another (maybe somewhat stupid) question:

Is equipment the only way to increase your mana regen or does that get higher as your Int level gets higher?

Royce
08-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Ok thanks. Another (maybe somewhat stupid) question:

Is equipment the only way to increase your mana regen or does that get higher as your Int level gets higher?

Adding points to Int raises your mana regen, but painfully slowly, 0.02 M/s per point of Int. You reach 1 M/s (as an elf) at 11 Int, and then you'll see an additional 1 M/s added every 50 points of Int. I have suggested that, among other things, the rate at which regen is gained from Int (and Str for health regen) should be increased. The thread's here, if you want to read it ;) : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D