PDA

View Full Version : Hasta la vista, Alterra!

RedRyder
08-03-2012, 02:44 AM
After mt fang, I like many others (or maybe just me :p) were kinda tired of the material. I was hoping Humania might bring back some interest, but I was just ore intrigued by the SL and DL updates. I know the infested deck/hive wasn't/isn't as exciting to you long time SL players, but it got me caught up and almost o he normal cap, and it really changed my opinion on SLs gameplay. I was too used to PL and wasn't really a fan of SLs mechanics, to the point of my quitting as of the 26 cap, up until the ID event. I gave the game a chance and really liked it. I was mostly in love with the gear designs. ESPECIALLY the scorn series (pure genius in design. Kudos to the design team!)

I'm still only 38 on SL, but I'm caught up for the most part. I was able to get the uncrafted sets for each previous cap with relative ease, a feat that would be a lot more difficult for someone attempting to catch up on PL after a long leave. I've had my first friends from apr 2010 that have once again quit after a short week or two, because catching up was just way too overwhelming. It was always so heartbreaking seeing an old friend, assuming they'd stay thus sparking a strong interest in the game, then have them leave again. I think it's my time now.

I've tried popping into pl a couple of times since I hit 70 (which I did quickly, by the second day of release I believe) but didn't find the urge to stay on. I tried staying on after sets/crafting came to Humania, but I really don't have the time/drive to actually grind hours and hours on end, for just a single component. I'm sure as hell not dropping loads on money for plat just to get an upper edge, well actually getting, Humania pinks. Not really complaining about the mechanics, it's just not my thing anymore. I've honestly haven't looted an entire item set since ao2. I've always had to buy all the items at the cost of selling everything I had, including all of my alts, just to afford a set for a single character. Again, I'm not complaining, end game content ESPECIALLY for a long running game has to be hard to obtain. It's essential, but it's not my thing anymore.

STS beautiful gem of a game, DL, has my undivided attention now. I freaking love every single little aspect of this godly game. I have really high hopes for AL, but I can't see myself ever getting tired of DL.

I might make an appearance for the next level cap, to see what's up, but I don't see myself coming back. I will, however, pop back in for the Nuri's expansion for sure. The nuri's period was a very important time for me, as it was when I became a part of the wonderful people of C.O.T. I honestly wouldn't have even played through mt. fang if not for those guys. They'll pretty much be the farewell runs before I take my leave.

Thank you jaytb for nominating for cot all that time ago, and thank you guys for accepting me :).

I won't be contributing to the PL section of the forums or doing anymore PL art and I'll be closing the tab on my browser for PL Gen. Disc. After I post this.

If you need me, you can find me in off topic and in the dL forums :) you can always find me with the herd in DL.
BROHOOF!

PS:

Look forward to DL art coming soon :vwink::vwink:

ooommmggg
08-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Lowlyspy
08-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Ah well, old flames are extinguished and new flames spark into life. Least you're not leaving all together, lookin forward to that DL art.

JaytB
08-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Sad to see you leave PL, but glad to know you're not completely quitting all things STS.

You were/are a great guild member, and will always remain in COT (except if you would delete your chars or leave the guild by yourself LOL). Any guild you decide to join in the other games, should consider them lucky to have you. Not many people in any game are as honest and sincere as you are.

If you ever have a moment of boredom, I hope you jump in PL from time to time just to chat a bit.

Anyway, I'll be seeing you around these forums buddy :)

Flowman
08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Did a Command+F search for "DL" "Pwnies" and "Brohoof."

Looking forward to seeing you more often in game xD

dudetus
08-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Ohhh Reddie :< ...

Too bad to see u go and dont u dare to do any sort of giveaway so random nuns could get ur stuff as they r acting to be ur friends.

Eveb though u r quitting PL I am personally still glad u r not leaving the whole STS behind. Therefore we will still be able to enjoy ur ART which is simply astonishing.

I hope I wll still cu in PL sometimes :D!

ImHawk
08-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Always was amazed by your art...
Best of luck in the future:)

Rawrimafish
08-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I notice alot of people quitting.
Forever or temporarily.

Piosidon
08-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Brohoof

/) (\

octavos
08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
to bad your giving PL a break, welcome to the dark side of the force :vlol: sometimes exploring the other games just gives you room love all ideas that the devs provide. But making the maps too hard like nuri and mt.fang before the nurf do make people quit because, people want to have fun leveling, not get frustrated by deaths. (thats around the time I let PL go for a bit) this is where DL and hopefully AL excel at...Allies FTW!!!
glad to have you with us in the other games.

Phoenixking
08-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I notice alot of people quitting.
Forever or temporarily.
I saw this coming since the first day humania was released not trying to sound mean >.>

Justg
08-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey Red, you have been an awesome contributor to PL... see you on the other side!

To the naysayers, it's simply not true. We have record populations in all three games this week.

HunterSLAYER
08-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Red, you have been an awesome contributor to PL... see you on the other side!

To the naysayers, it's simply not true. We have record populations in all three games this week.

What was the avg. No. Of ppl online in Sl for the work week(5days).
Just curious.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Junside
08-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Add me on DL bro i got some catching up to do with my oldest buddies. Ign is Erik

Whirlzap
08-04-2012, 07:35 PM
New names for you:

DarkRyder
StarRyder

I am a genius when it comes to names.

I'll miss you and your wonderful art, Red :U

saool
08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
aw well so long as you're still doing one or two of the other games :) and you stay active in forums it'll be ok. Looking forward to your new art like always!

P.S. you still owe us a Bleach drawing lol