PDA

View Full Version : Glyph-Out triggering pematurely

Flowman
08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
EDIT: Here's a much better thread by Gluttony explaining the same issue: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?58218

There are times where I'll be clearing out the breakables or dead bodies after beating a boss, but I won't have a chance to because the glyph-out will activate and trigger before I can finish. This will happen almost instantly and won't even require the bar to fill up completely.

Ways I see this happen the most are when there is a body lying close to the glyph and I search it while standing in the circle. The activation of the body instantly trigger the level out and causes the map end pop up.

Other times it just happens randomly. This is annoying because I cannot see what I'm doing once the pop up appears.

A way to solve this - have a pop up BEFORE starting the count down asking if we'd like to leave the map.

Happens on both Chrome and on my Android Phone.

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Same. Don't forget you can cancel it with the attack button as it saved me a few times. Unfortunately, dying on a glyph prevents that...

Flowman
08-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Same. Don't forget you can cancel it with the attack button as it saved me a few times. Unfortunately, dying on a glyph prevents that...

Sometimes it triggers instantly and gives me no chance to cancel.

Carapace
08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll look into this as part of the other stuff I'm doing, I'm in agreement that some form of acknowledgement, or toggle-able option between that and how the game is currently handling the end of maps might be appropriate.

IE by default it act as it does now, but with an option set in the game options it would ask for confirmation before starting or some such.

Flowman
08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the speedy response Cara :D

Could you also edit my thread title to say "prematurely" lol :p

Also, there would have to be a way to have it ask after a certain amount of time or something...because running through it and getting the "End map?" pop up every time would be equally as annoying. I'm sure you'll think of something great :D

Carapace
08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the speedy response Cara :D

Could you also edit my thread title to say "prematurely" lol :p

Also, there would have to be a way to have it ask after a certain amount of time or something...because running through it and getting the "End map?" pop up every time would be equally as annoying. I'm sure you'll think of something great :D

Unfortunately I can't do a time out that asks if you would like to leave because that will bring back the leecher scenario. :vsmile: