PDA

View Full Version : Sick of crate rumor (rant)

Battlegrinder
08-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I am sick and tired of being called a retard, a moron, idiot, and a bunch of other names because of the crate rumor. It's stupid and really doesn't matter. If I wanted ignorant people to insult me I'd play COD. STS, PLEASE formally announce that the crate thing is just a rumor. This kind of thing is ruining my ability to actually play the game and have fun.

Flowman
08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
A formal announcement on the forums won't do anything because most of the people who believe that don't use the forums (this rumor has been brought up MANY times here) and a formal announcement in game just won't happen because there's just no easy way to tell people

KillaSkillz
08-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't quote me, I could be wrong. I first heard of the crate rumor in shipyard, and it's continued through voleria and into the hive. It seems this got started over boss drops, but in my opinion, someone started this rumor to try and get people to stop opening boxes because 99.9% of the box items are scrapping worthy inventory fillers that some people don't want to waste time on.

Of course the myth isn't true, But some people will believe anything.
(plenty of conspiricy theories on the internet that people believe 100% even though it can be proven to be 100% false, lol) they just need that plausibility and they are sold on the myth (which is probably why people get scammed also!).

Even if STS put a reoccuring message on the system for a week, the believers would say something stupid like "sts is trying to cover up their secret but I know better!" Lol you can win.

Anyone being verbally abusive should be reported, they are damaging your game experience, and sts's public image. Use the report button like I use my block chat button for panhandlers, annoying people, scammers, spammers, (i have over 1k blocked and counting woohooooo!)
so yeah, block their chat to you if they bug you and if the really cross a line report them, and continue playing how you want to play, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Paar
08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
You Goober :rolleyes:

Libertie
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I had a person in the hive go over every myth in the book - don't open crates, kill the boss last - and then when everyone did what he said, we got to the boss and for some reason nobody else was taking aggro and I couldn't heal myself fast enough so I was running in circles around it. He started yelling at me, "STAY TOGETHER. EVERYONE STAY TOGETHER IN A GROUP. LIBERTIE STOP RUNNING AROUND." I stopped for a second, waited for my health to drop, healed up, and said "Do you see why I'm running around now? Someone else take aggro if you want me to be still." I'm SO tired of this stuff, why are people gonna get all crazy over pinks that are going for as low as 5k in auction? Chill out people.

Shaocalur
08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah I've been called several names myself for opening crates. I can see if you don't want your inventory to be clogged up but is it so serious that people have to resort to calling another person a "b+#%+"?? *Sigh*

Exion
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I love opening the boxes especially when they say not to..

Prestige
08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Just tell them thank me later when you find a vanity.

Battlegrinder
08-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I had a person in the hive go over every myth in the book - don't open crates, kill the boss last - and then when everyone did what he said, we got to the boss and for some reason nobody else was taking aggro and I couldn't heal myself fast enough so I was running in circles around it. He started yelling at me, "STAY TOGETHER. EVERYONE STAY TOGETHER IN A GROUP. LIBERTIE STOP RUNNING AROUND." I stopped for a second, waited for my health to drop, healed up, and said "Do you see why I'm running around now? Someone else take aggro if you want me to be still." I'm SO tired of this stuff, why are people gonna get all crazy over pinks that are going for as low as 5k in auction? Chill out people.

Well, killing the queen last does make some tactical sense. I suppose people go nuts for pinks because they really are some of the best weapons available, especially the hive class weapons.

StompArtist
08-03-2012, 12:47 PM
You Goober :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV1FTMHPX_g

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV1FTMHPX_g

i refuse to click on this on account that, that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Libertie
08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Well, killing the queen last does make some tactical sense. I suppose people go nuts for pinks because they really are some of the best weapons available, especially the hive class weapons.
Tactical sense yes. Having an effect on drop rates no.

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I just open the boxes because I'm always the host. I'll report if anyone goes crazy over it so my runs are peaceful enough. :cool:

Deathpunch
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
In the hive it isn't that big of a deal, I can always go back for them. I like to open them, even if you get trash, you can still sell it for a few credits.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

mycroftxxx
08-03-2012, 10:42 PM

Haha, ISTR I ranted about that in another thread. These people just do not know how to play in a team.

TsunamiTheClown
08-04-2012, 09:36 AM
solution:

1. host
2. taunt
3. boot
4. ???
5. profit

Slant
08-04-2012, 01:33 PM
think "no boxes pls" is a version of "i dont wanna waste time to manage inventory"
stalking runs for unopened boxes is fun

Ihavenokills
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM
i think a news update announcement would take care of these rumors. (sorta)

iAmPain
08-04-2012, 10:10 PM
think "no boxes pls" is a version of "i dont wanna waste time to manage inventory"

What i just don't get is either way you open box or not, your inventory will be filled up by l40 green trash from Vular Hive which you will Liquidate.

So Why the Heck are these people so mad about opening their inventory and deleting a few more trash?!

I mean c'mon bro, do you keep those L10 A-OK given to you by queen?

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I just started so I don't know any thing about crates except they open and give me crap that makes me a Lil money. My conclusion ftw crates must be opened if someone says I can't open a crate, there better be evidence on why I shouldn't