PDA

View Full Version : new nuris dungeon

LwMark
08-03-2012, 05:28 PM
So do new items only drop there?!?! If so well that blows, cost its 3 plat a run should be open to everyone imo, but i dont make game so no my rules :(

Memene
08-03-2012, 05:41 PM
So do new items only drop there?!?! If so well that blows, cost its 3 plat a run should be open to everyone imo, but i dont make game so no my rules :(

If it only drops there it would suck for us not rich in plat xc

NotYoCookiez
08-03-2012, 05:46 PM
No re rolls whatsoever in the new dungeon and I even had the 100% re roll lix.

I just completely wasted 20 plat :/

gundamsone
08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
ur swordfish is 2.5m in cs the price you wanted it at mr."collector"

LwMark
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM
ur swordfish is 2.5m in cs the price you wanted it at mr."collector"

See i want askin to much was i? But they will lower so i wait

Zeus
08-03-2012, 06:30 PM
They did say turnstile like monster bash. I don't know why everybody is so surprised. I was completely expecting this, lol.

LwMark
08-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes, but y do u have to pay to enter the dungeon to get new drops.fang anyone can enter and elite items u have to be 71 and u dont have to pay..so y do u have topay just to get new drops

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:35 PM
New update! The Skeleton Crypts now cost 1 platinum to enter!

Patricks
08-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Can I "advertise" the new items? Lol. Doubt there would be any controversy haha.

Zeus
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, but y do u have to pay to enter the dungeon to get new drops.fang anyone can enter and elite items u have to be 71 and u dont have to pay..so y do u have topay just to get new drops

Does it say anywhere that the drops are specific to that dungeon as opposed to the free map? I might be wrong, wasn't paying too close attention to this.

LwMark
08-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Does it say anywhere that the drops are specific to that dungeon as opposed to the free map? I might be wrong, wasn't paying too close attention to this.

Yes it says new map no where it says all maps

Zeus
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM

For some reason I seriously doubt that. The bosses and everything are exactly the same.

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 07:15 PM
gotta fund AL somehow.. SL got hit with sci fi gamble packs and a 120 plat pet..

LwMark
08-03-2012, 07:17 PM

For some reason I seriously doubt that. The bosses and everything are exactly the same.

They should make it more clear then, seems like they did patch an left the office for weekend :p jkin

Otukura
08-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Read the patch notes:

Added new Nuri's Hallows Mini-Dungeon.
Access the new mini-dungeon from a new small tent in Nuri's Hallows.
Collect rare "Prestidigitator" and "Merrymaker" gear from this new mini-dungeon.

Zeus
08-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Read the patch notes:

Thanks. :)

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 07:37 PM
If the access into it is 3 plat id rather pay 50 plat for the new items then gambling it the entire time imo..

LwMark
08-03-2012, 07:43 PM
What do u mean buy for 50plat like if they were in store?

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 07:46 PM
What do u mean buy for 50plat like if they were in store?

yeah. not a fan of gambling. can be so addicting sometimes.

LwMark
08-03-2012, 10:07 PM
ok so not even one drop yet that i kno of, imo devs wont say nothin till monday, then they will have to fix drop rate cause non are droppin when many people spent plat doin pointless runs this weekend :/

xcainnblecterx
08-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I still don't understand why they say "new", it's the same as nuris funhouse except tougher, enimes

Livemau
08-03-2012, 10:33 PM
i did 1 run and I like the idea im just not the person that spends a lot of plat doin runs

GoodSyntax
08-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm really starting to feel like a crotchety old geezer after all of the latest updates and additions to the game. I'm starting to feel like the old players, founders if you will, are being displaced by the plat generation. I mean, I understand the the plat pays the bills, but with all these new elixirs, plat per play dungeons, non stop thrashing, and platinum based achievements, I just want to scream "GET OF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!"

Why must everything be so plat-centric? I certainly don't mind purchasing a new map, like we used to in the good old days, but 3 plat per run? Does this mean that some day, in order to access the next new mini-dungeon (which will be a rehash of an existing dungeon), we have to buy the 500 plat Super-Shamrock-Thrashing-Mega-Dumpster-Punch-Uber-Stacking-XP-Anywhere-Vlod-Secret-Sauce Elixir, which grants 3 minutes or 1 completed run in a dungeon that has a .001% drop rate for the new elite item that has an undead scatter bear proc which kills all your teammates and stomps you all the way back into Forest Haven?

Yes, I am going a bit over the top with my rant, but I seriously do feel that things are starting to get a bit too rushed, all to generate more plat revenue, which doesn't seem to add as much to the game as it used to.

styg2012
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Usually drop rate is low at start then STS adjust it according what people think about it.

modredd
08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
what I do not understand is why 4 hours after the update is there not 1 picture of any of these alleged new drops.

LwMark
08-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Maybe they dont know what they are either

Jcyee
08-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Ugh 3 plat... Not rlly a fan of those dungeons

Brave Sir Robin
08-04-2012, 11:00 AM
:(

I was bothered until I realized how silly it'd be stupid it'd be to lose sleep over, or to even waste a thought on. For chrisakes, it's summertime! Get the hell outside, meet some new people, make some new friends, find a few lovers and be able to sit down and think to yourself come September, "Wow. My summer kicked a bunch of A".

;)

vampinoy
08-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm really starting to feel like a crotchety old geezer after all of the latest updates and additions to the game. I'm starting to feel like the old players, founders if you will, are being displaced by the plat generation. I mean, I understand the the plat pays the bills, but with all these new elixirs, plat per play dungeons, non stop thrashing, and platinum based achievements, I just want to scream "GET OF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!"

Why must everything be so plat-centric? I certainly don't mind purchasing a new map, like we used to in the good old days, but 3 plat per run? Does this mean that some day, in order to access the next new mini-dungeon (which will be a rehash of an existing dungeon), we have to buy the 500 plat Super-Shamrock-Thrashing-Mega-Dumpster-Punch-Uber-Stacking-XP-Anywhere-Vlod-Secret-Sauce Elixir, which grants 3 minutes or 1 completed run in a dungeon that has a .001% drop rate for the new elite item that has an undead scatter bear proc which kills all your teammates and stomps you all the way back into Forest Haven?

Yes, I am going a bit over the top with my rant, but I seriously do feel that things are starting to get a bit too rushed, all to generate more plat revenue, which doesn't seem to add as much to the game as it used to.

It's an "optional" content, the spine is still "free" last time I checked. STS must be that good that they were able to blur the line between optional and spine content. Nothing wrong if they will charge extra if you'll access something that's more than the "spine" of the content. Sounds fair to me. Spend 3 plat if you have 3 plat, if not, you have your regular dungeons, yes? slower and maybe without extra vanities or elite items but at least it's free, you'll still have access to the strongest items (item sets). If you want more premium, pay up...idk, don't see anything wrong with it atm (unless they put all the strongest item sets in paid dungeon which is not the case atm)...imho :P

NotYoCookiez
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Vamp is right. They dont force you to buy it. One of the most expensive items in game (dragon gear) can be obtained without spending any plat. If everyone had access to ALL the new turnsytle Dungeon items would be worth less and flood cs

GoodSyntax
08-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I know it's optional...the entire game is optional. It just seems that of late there has been so much focus on plat generating items, and some of the game-centric, team-centric features have been lacking. Remember in AO, and the Sewers, where the bosses required some strategy? Remember when running in a good group meant that you would survive the map, and poor group constitution meant that you would never beat the Sewer Queen. Now with all the Overpowered Thrashers and weak bosses, strategy and teamwork have suffered.

Most games are locked for solo runs now and that is a real shame.

FluffNStuff
08-04-2012, 01:19 PM
So they gotta be vanities or there would be three types. Guessing they are level 55 since fangs ate 60. Wonder what the stats are and if they will effect pvp.

LwMark
08-05-2012, 04:51 AM
edit

Patricks
08-05-2012, 05:02 AM
So they gotta be vanities or there would be three types. Guessing they are level 55 since fangs ate 60. Wonder what the stats are and if they will effect pvp.

The news box when I log in says "with unique armor, weapons, and pets!". I thought it would be just vanities too but it says weapons.

cookiez
08-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Just another way to make money for sts...

Elyseon
08-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I think they just added a plat entrance to nuris funhouse
There have been no rerolls, no purples, and no new items as was supposed to happen
They just forgot to add it in the rush to patch the map in I think

Twinklaser
08-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Nuri- 53+ Can Enter plus Reroll.
Fang- 71 only w/o Reroll chance. Also, how many hours and/or Thrashers you spent getting to 71 from 53?

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I have no problem with then charging for dungeon access what bugs is. 1.)its not a new dungeon as Ely said they basically put an entrance fee on nuris fun house. Yea the enemies harder and chance at new equipment, but I'd rather stick with the regular funhouse. 2.) its a pay per use, they already have monster bash for this. Any one member when you spent 5-10 plat and unlocked a whole new map? (swamps, elite expedition, wyldwood etc). What makes up for it is there working on Al now and probally need extra money. I'm glad people are not all oh this has to be this and being constructive once. Think about though, how much has sts given us in the last couple months and not just for pl they did the whole legends series with updates and new stuff for us..... THANK YOU STS waiting for Al is worth all this pl plat greed. Forewarned if al pops out like dl did I will be ranting haha

LwMark
08-05-2012, 03:59 PM

Nuri- 53+ Can Enter plus Reroll.
Fang- 71 only w/o Reroll chance. Also, how many hours and/or Thrashers you spent getting to 71 from 53?

R u asking how many thrashers ive bought?

vampinoy
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Just another way to make money for sts...

It should...I'd be surprised if they try to find ways to lose money...:P

bobfredd
08-06-2012, 05:41 AM
It's been a couple days and none have dropped. If they don't higher the drop rate then this will be rarer than dragon armor because it's cost 3 plat a run and it's impossible to get. Also no one has complained about the drop rate yet lol like they all did with elite items so unless people start complaining idk if they're gonna raise the drop rate of these anytime soon. If these items aren't vanities then they're practically useless to higher lvls and I don't see why we need new nuri gear because glyph seems fine so maybe these are vanities. Even tho I don't see how a weapon can be a vanity.

小孩子
08-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Maybe shield vanity?
this may be why STS has kept those shield and pet vanity slots in cs

RioMage
08-06-2012, 08:53 AM
ok so not even one drop yet that i kno of, imo devs wont say nothin till monday, then they will have to fix drop rate cause non are droppin when many people spent plat doin pointless runs this weekend :/

So are you telling me the drop rate was buggd this whole time?? (X_x)

FluffNStuff
08-06-2012, 09:25 AM
So are you telling me the drop rate was buggd this whole time?? (X_x)

Doesn't mean it was bugged if they up it, just means people complain to much. They could either up the drop rate, or tell us what the heck it is we are supposed to spend money to farm.

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm curious to know exactly what these new drops are. I'd be more inclined to farm there if I knew exactly what was dropping. They were very vague, and most of the people in my guild seem to think that the new items are not even pinks but are purples instead, so they are saying that farming the new dungeon is a waste of plat.

FluffNStuff
08-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I'm curious to know exactly what these new drops are. I'd be more inclined to farm there if I knew exactly what was dropping. They were very vague, and most of the people in my guild seem to think that the new items are not even pinks but are purples instead, so they are saying that farming the new dungeon is a waste of plat.

The big thing that is keeping me away is I would farm it with my level 56, but I since I don't know what level the items are, or even what loot table level they drop in, I might have a ZERO chance of dropping since you might NEED to be 60 to get em.

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
The big thing that is keeping me away is I would farm it with my level 56, but I since I don't know what level the items are, or even what loot table level they drop in, I might have a ZERO chance of dropping since you might NEED to be 60 to get em.

Actually, this is incorrect. You never have to be a certain level to get an item dropped. If the same item in lvl56 exists, then you would get that item, otherwise you would get the lvl60 item. In the past I have farmed places where I got items that were a higher level than I was. Best example I can think of is farming Humania when I was lvl64 and getting lvl66 stuff. I also can remember getting a lvl45 Shock Lance when I was lvl43, but I had to wait until I reached lvl45 in order to use it.

Zeus
08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Actually, this is incorrect. You never have to be a certain level to get an item dropped. If the same item in lvl56 exists, then you would get that item, otherwise you would get the lvl60 item. In the past I have farmed places where I got items that were a higher level than I was. Best example I can think of is farming Humania when I was lvl64 and getting lvl66 stuff. I also can remember getting a lvl45 Shock Lance when I was lvl43, but I had to wait until I reached lvl45 in order to use it.

You can't get a L66 version of the Elite Sea Blaster.

The new dungeon, Fluff thinks, (forgive me if I'm wrong) will work like this.

FluffNStuff
08-06-2012, 01:16 PM

You can't get a L66 version of the Elite Sea Blaster.

The new dungeon, Fluff thinks, (forgive me if I'm wrong) will work like this.

Its not just the Elite items. There are other items that are only in the drop table if you are of the the right level, and the tables do change based on your level. It is kind of like the crafting items for Mt. Fang. No mater how many bosses you kill, you will never drop a crafting item if you are below level 65. I believe AO3 used (might still) work this way where the Fate/Fortune/Destiny would scale, but you could not get the other items at all if you were below 50.

StompArtist
08-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Nope.

Flowman
08-06-2012, 01:45 PM

I played PL for like....12 minutes...and even I know you're wrong.

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I do know that I farmed Humania at lvl64 and got pink drops that were lvl66. In fact, I finished my lvl66 Humanian set before I ever leveled up to 66. And I did get the lvl45 shock lance at lvl43. I remember because everyone told me that it was such a good weapon, but I had to wait for a week before I could use it.

As for crafting stuff someone mentioned, I got a few Ocean Blue Diamonds and a couple L70 Recipes before I ever reached level 70. I farmed Humania at lvl65 for over a month and got lots of pinks and crafting stuff. I had turned off my xp. Only about 2 weeks ago did I finally turn on my xp and leveled up to 70.

As for the Elite weapons, the reason you cannot get them if you are below level 71 is that you cannot gain entry into the dungeon where they drop if you are below level 71.

I don't know how these experiences fit into other dungeons, but these are indeed my experiences, so don't tell me they are wrong.

FluffNStuff
08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I do know that I farmed Humania at lvl64 and got pink drops that were lvl66. In fact, I finished my lvl66 Humanian set before I ever leveled up to 66. And I did get the lvl45 shock lance at lvl43. I remember because everyone told me that it was such a good weapon, but I had to wait for a week before I could use it.

As for crafting stuff someone mentioned, I got a few Ocean Blue Diamonds and a couple L70 Recipes before I ever reached level 70. I farmed Humania at lvl65 for over a month and got lots of pinks and crafting stuff. I had turned off my xp. Only about 2 weeks ago did I finally turn on my xp and leveled up to 70.

As for the Elite weapons, the reason you cannot get them if you are below level 71 is that you cannot gain entry into the dungeon where they drop if you are below level 71.

I don't know how these experiences fit into other dungeons, but these are indeed my experiences, so don't tell me they are wrong.

Your experiences are not wrong, they are just limited. Not all dungeons work the same, and some dungeons do have different drop tables for different levels. Did you not do any Mt. Fang farming at all? It was quite easy to see there that pre-65 you could not get a craft drop, but as soon as you hit 65, because they are oranges, MOST of your boss drops were craft items.

Intenze
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
My initial response to this was, Hey, we're not getting the drops we want so let's all complain!!! (sarcastically of course)

But, after reading through the thread, it actually does make sense for STS to either increase the drop rates to get more people in there farming (and spending money) OR at the very least make a post about what cool drops there are in there to entice people to want to go farm it.

I'm not going to farm there since 3 plat per run is too rich for my blood, but from a STS makin' money stand point, I agree with the people in this thread.

Ortalan
08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
There is no way to describe the new Nuri's dungeon other than EPIC FAIL. STS alienated non-plat players by charging 3 plat just for a CHANCE to get new loot. Then they alienated plat players because it seems that spending plat in hopes of a drop was a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. Days later....and STS has done WHAT to fix their screw-up? ANYTHING? LONGEST ANTI-CLIMAX EVER!

Sparkzzz
08-13-2012, 08:17 PM
There's a bird called predatorj or something who got a prestidigitator saw (strength-based weapon). I haven't got the stats but I do have a pic which I'll upload later. (its basically a massive circle saw that is held by a small handle)

xcainnblecterx
08-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Funny that finally the new pinks are dropping, but so few are deciding to buy after seeing stats.

TechniShock
08-14-2012, 10:12 AM
bird and mage nuris set.

Patricks
08-14-2012, 01:23 PM
The special effects for merrymaker set is Ha Ha Ha Ha. Very cool.

It's also really funny to stand in nuris hallows and see elixired parties spawn and then make a mad dash to the mini dungeon tent. Lots of people running the dungeon lol.

xcainnblecterx
08-14-2012, 04:56 PM
@patricks oh yes there was a lot of us doing mad Thrasher dashes to that poor tent. Yesterday was a mad house