PDA

View Full Version : The 7day Exp Elixer renewed?

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey all,

It seems that the 7day exp elixer got renewed somehow!
But not only renewed, it also seems it has spread like an infection to all other character that share the same account!
How?
I asked several people who experienced the same (lets call it issue), and they all told me the same answer...
Yea, all my chars got it also...
So basicly everyone who bought an 7day exp elixer (pink) BEFORE the last patch got this issue!

Crimsontider just told me he also bought it but was expired and didnt renew, so it might only have worked for players whos elixer were still active when pl got patched...

Ill ask around some more, thx all

Quack!

Nihiliste
08-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I removed mine after leveling to 71 since I didn't need it...

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I removed mine after leveling to 71 since I didn't need it...

Did you remove it before or after the nuri patch?
If it was after could you please check your other chars to?
Thx alot

Nihiliste
08-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Sorry it was before the patch.

Energizeric
08-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Darn, I was going to purchase it a couple of nights ago but decided to wait until the weekend.

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry it was before the patch.

Hmm strange, cause I removed it to when I reached 71 on shajan, perhaps the removed elixer was still running invisibly and renewed when the patch came...
Then its just like the elixer glitch...
Remove active elixer in towne, then host/join any random dungeon and "POOF" the elixer is back (but not renewed)

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Fix: Give everyone a 2x week long elixer and the Forest Haven zombies a thrasher for the new players!

Please note that this should be read as a joke...

LwMark
08-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Fix: Give everyone a 2x week long elixer and the Forest Haven zombies a thrasher for the new players!

2x foreveryone yeeee lol

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 06:38 PM
2x foreveryone yeeee lol
Lol, I agree, altho I myself got it on all chars, I think its either everyone or none...
But im sure this isnt what sts did on purpose

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:42 PM
2x foreveryone yeeee lol
Lol, I agree, altho I myself got it on all chars, I think its either everyone or none...
But im sure this isnt what sts did on purpose
I say everyone gets one! Boost community spirit :p

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 06:45 PM
na i dont want it i wanna be different.

Patricks
08-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Wow what a lucky bug. Sad I don't need to level lol.

Nihiliste
08-03-2012, 06:53 PM
But people got the 2x elixir for free if this was on purpose while we spent 80 plat...

LwMark
08-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Im at 48500 xp so id be happy if we all got hehe

Y not just give everyone a free 80plats :) lol prolly.not

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 07:20 PM
But people got the 2x elixir for free if this was on purpose while we spent 80 plat...
Its not, only people who actually bought the 7day elixer before the patch got it.
Not the people who didnt buy

Buddyf97
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I didn't pay for one and I received one o.o It doesn't show in my history!

imaddictedtoPL
08-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I didn't pay for one and I received one o.o It doesn't show in my history! me either

razerfingers
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
I didn't pay for one and I received one o.o It doesn't show in my history!

Same here...

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Patricks
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I just checked and I have the 7 day elix also and I never bought. Too bad I'm already 71.

NotYoCookiez
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I say everyone gets one! Boost community spirit :p

My spirit is low ):

I paid 80 plat and now everyone gets free?! :P I could have bought like 80 revives with that >_>

LwMark
08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Just give me if u no need :)

Pandamoni
08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Mine is still counting down. It didn't refresh. It's apparently a selective bug?

TANKKAAR
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I smell a rollback...lol

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Hmm very strange, didnt know that players who havnt bought the elixer got it to o.O
And also, at 00:08 I got a message on my phone of pl which said "You've recieved a 7 day elixer", while im playing on my ipad...
Once in a while I loggin on my phone when im not at home, and randomly I get messages from pl which are mostly about new things they added or plat items/offers, but a message of letting me know pl gave me a new elixer o.O?

I just hope we will soon get a decent explanation of this issue...

Btw has anyone tryed to stack 2 to get 16x exp in combo with trasher?
Small change it could work since the pot itself is messed up anyways..

Whirlzap
08-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I thought it was stacked indirectly.
Meaning 4x and 2x is 6x instead of 8x lol...

Anyways, for those who have the renewed elixir, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!
STS's Underground PL Testing Lab is closed over the weekends, and they won't be back till Monday morning.

Suentous PO
08-03-2012, 10:03 PM
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/th_3eac02cf.jpg (http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/?action=view&current=3eac02cf.jpg)

Thegreenduck
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Lol, imagine that when you buy plat they will charge you for all the 7day elixers you got on your account...
80 plat x character amount = bullet into head!

Phoenixking
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
I got it m all toons, I didn't buy it though. Should I level? O,o

TEOKILLO
08-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Wtf phoephoe its because of ppl like u who didnt buy it and got it make me so mad lol cuz i paid 80 plat

LwMark
08-04-2012, 12:15 AM
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/th_3eac02cf.jpg (http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/?action=view&current=3eac02cf.jpg)

Lol

Elitephonix
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM

I sensed no sarcasim. Period.

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Rofl, anyone got any news about the elixer yet? Or do we seriously have to wait untill monday....
-.-

Dirtymonkey_666
08-04-2012, 06:32 AM
well i got it for free. the elixir i bought before the patch was the shamrock thrasher (never bought the week long elixir) maybe it was giving to eveyone that had bought/had shamrock elixir at that time? :confusion:

Dynastu
08-04-2012, 07:13 AM
This is not a bug. After the patch came out, I had received a notification from Pocket Legends saying, "We have put a CRAZY 7 day 2x xp elixir on ALL of your characters! Log in now and play before it expires!" I did not buy a 7-day elixir prior to this. I believe it has to do with how much money you've spent with STS. Much like the free 65 character or angel set.

... oh boy, here come people who are mad it has to do with money spent.

Cobraguy
08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Curious then about how much may have needed to be spent then. I've spent over $100 and I didn't get anything. Nice though that sts rewards those who support them monetarily. I for one fully agree with their choice to do it.
If this is in fact the case...bring on the crybabies. :)

DerSchuetze
08-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Got a free one too, finally i boughht another trasher ;)

razerfingers
08-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Oo i feel special i got an email from samhayne xD haha

Suntv
08-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I got it, but I never bought it before. Besides, I don't want it...

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 10:22 AM
This is not a bug. After the patch came out, I had received a notification from Pocket Legends saying, "We have put a CRAZY 7 day 2x xp elixir on ALL of your characters! Log in now and play before it expires!" I did not buy a 7-day elixir prior to this. I believe it has to do with how much money you've spent with STS. Much like the free 65 character or angel set.

Seems the most logical explanation, but how can you confirm this? I asked several others that have spend over 300$ and they didnt got it, while some noobs are asking in forest haven how they got the elixer for 7 days...

Sts didnt anounce it in forum, and I didnt get any mail like I had with the "raise 1 char instand to lvl 65" one..
So they got either no clue what is going on, or they do, but just slacking like hell...

I never said anything like what im about to say, but honestly this patch is a major platinum drainer which makes it the worst patch we've had in ages....
(check the details of the patchnotes for yourself and youll know exactly what I mean)

CrimsonTider
08-04-2012, 10:23 AM

Has nothing to do with money spent. Trust me on that. Myself, and many others, have spent our fair share for plat and none of us received this "free on all toons" elixir.

I would warn those who did receive this to not be upset if you level and get rolled back next week.

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Has nothing to do with money spent. Trust me on that. Myself, and many others, have spent our fair share for plat and none of us received this "free on all toons" elixir.

I would warn those who did receive this to not be upset if you level and get rolled back next week.

I rest my chase!

Thx Tider

vampinoy
08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Never bought the x2 week long elixir...but I currently have it in all my characters. I think it's a reward for people who reached a $$ criteria...it's possible that "some" people didn't reach...the criteria may be a little high this time around? @_@ idk.

PS: Got the e-mail from STS. Whatever it is, It's official. So yeah...no rollbacking, and just more fun leveling :P

PSS: Happy playing, remember, it's just pixels :P

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Never bought the x2 week long elixir...but I currently have it in all my characters. I think it's a reward for people who reached a $$ criteria...it's possible that "some" people didn't reach...the criteria may be a little high this time around? @_@ idk.

PS: Got the e-mail from STS. Whatever it is, It's official. So yeah...no rollbacking, and just more fun leveling :P

PSS: Happy playing, remember, it's just pixels :P

He came, saw, and conquered!

Phoenixking
08-04-2012, 12:00 PM

I got an email saying I got rewarded for something and then I have a free 7day elixer, I'm sure it's not going to get rolled back

PatsoeGamer
08-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone know the answer to this question- if you cancel the free elixer on one of your characters, does it cancel across all of them at the same time as well?

Samhayne
08-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey gang,

The 7 day exp elixir grant was given to select accounts as a test of such activities effectiveness for user engagement. This is akin to our efforts at Humania launch to engage users. Or in other words, it's just Spacetime being crazy again. :D

Cheers!
-Samhayne

Samhayne
08-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone know the answer to this question- if you cancel the free elixer on one of your characters, does it cancel across all of them at the same time as well?

No, it's character specific.

LwMark
08-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Sam you forgot my account :p

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey gang,

The 7 day exp elixir grant was given to select accounts as a test of such activities effectiveness for user engagement. This is akin to our efforts at Humania launch to engage users. Or in other words, it's just Spacetime being crazy again. :D

Cheers!
-Samhayne

If anyone might be crazy its me....
From the moment the patch got online i've been searching for answers...
Now that we were almost there, you just hop in to rofl all over us....

Its even your day off, but you still got time to gurgox emote me rofl
Your lucky im just lvl 1, else I would ground you for a month and send you to your room without dinner mr!

All kidding aside, thx for letting us know sam!

Suentous PO
08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey gang,

Cheers!
-Samhayne
Wow! Thank you kind sir. Off then to make a new goofy alt :)

Cahaun
08-04-2012, 04:52 PM
You forgot my account, Sam. :p

razerfingers
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey gang,

Cheers!
-Samhayne

Woah, sam i havent felt this special since i looted a royal sewer gemstone hammer and sold it for 1.2mil in sewer days... I love you :)) <3

Thegreenduck
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Lol

PatsoeGamer
08-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Thx!

Yao
08-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey gang,

Cheers!
-Samhayne

i am not sure if its just me, or how is this fair??? cuz all i see is the players that GOT IT on here thanking STS.

i spent 80 plat on one character, and these "selected accounts" gets the elix through out all their characters?? and if they have 4 chara, thats 320 plat for free?!

why should all the other players feel any less special??

Basswhole
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Is this free 80 plat elixer only for people who did the survey they received in email? Because I took the survey and all the stuff and no elixer for me:(. The reason I'm saying this is because just seems to make sense in my opinion for getting a free elixer. Now how did these select people receive the elixer? Was it just a random draw?

CMX
08-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I rarely post in the forum but this secrecy is not in the patch note is ridiculous.

Hey gang,

Cheers!
-Samhayne

What makes these selected accounts exclusive and most importantly "special"? I do not need any real answers because this is just another pixel thingy.

Second, are you implying the rest of the players are not spending enough time in playing the game or not buying enough platinum to effectively to engage the game? I personally spent close to 500 bucks and just recently bought another 2000 plat and intend to level my third character to 71. I have purchased two 7day, combined with many many thrasher elixirs for my other two 71s. I don't think I will do it for now.

There should be a fair system and look at the big picture. Example, STS is giving a 50% pay rise to selected employees to "test" how it affect their work performance. Do you think the rest will be happy?

Either give everyone a free one and refund people that have purchased that 7day or remove from those "selected" players and adjust their experience points back accordingly. Simple.

Slcinuup
08-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Aww mine wast renewed.

Patricks
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing it's the same requirement as when they were handing out free lvl65 toons. I think it was needing to spend over $500? Maybe it was more I can't remember.

I think the point of this was to entice the biggest spenders to come back from inactivity (many top spenders have stopped playing) and spend some more money. Its just another experiment like the L65 toon thing to see what it would take to bring back the players that spend alot.

LwMark
08-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Id kill for a 2x 7day....kill a zombie that is

icemando
08-05-2012, 01:40 AM
Is this free 80 plat elixer only for people who did the survey they received in email? Because I took the survey and all the stuff and no elixer for me:(. The reason I'm saying this is because just seems to make sense in my opinion for getting a free elixer. Now how did these select people receive the elixer? Was it just a random draw?

I received and completed survey. but I didnt received 7days elixir on any my characthers.
Maybe It was just a random, or by something what we dont know :D

Dirtymonkey_666
08-05-2012, 01:53 AM
if you got the email look at the bottom of it, it says "You are receiving this announcement because you elected to receive e-mail from Spacetime Studios when you set up your pocket Legends game account"

so i believe the players that got the week long elixir got it because selected to me added to STS's mailing list (also just noticed that Samhayne misspelt "selected" by spelling it "elected") to receive promo codes and other stuff

Dirtymonkey_666
08-05-2012, 01:55 AM

that's good to know, now i can delete it on my K/D bear and solo level the slow boring way haha

Suentous PO
08-05-2012, 02:14 AM
if you got the email look at the bottom of it, it says "You are receiving this announcement because you elected to receive e-mail from Spacetime Studios when you set up your pocket Legends game account"

so i believe the players that got the week long elixir got it because selected to me added to STS's mailing list (also just noticed that Samhayne misspelt "selected" by spelling it "elected") to receive promo codes and other stuff

I have two accounts, both are signed up for emails. One acc. Got the 7day. All emails from them have the "you are getting this because" message. Also I filled out the survey after I got the elix. So that was not contingent. Sory if folks are upset.

Urqui
08-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Or in other words, it's just Spacetime being crazy again. :D

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/my_best_friend/d954fb05.jpg

HunterSLAYER
08-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Aww i didnt get the elix....
But i'm not complaining :D

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

NotYoCookiez
08-05-2012, 09:19 AM
i am not sure if its just me, or how is this fair??? cuz all i see is the players that GOT IT on here thanking STS.

i spent 80 plat on one character, and these "selected accounts" gets the elix through out all their characters?? and if they have 4 chara, thats 320 plat for free?!

Nightmare antennas all over again. Except that this was rewarded to more then one person so they all can back each up xD

FluffNStuff
08-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Did not see all four pages. Thanks Sam!

LwMark
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM

I did do that, an no 7x

Hardcoure
08-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Well it certainly made me more active on all my characters. Hoping to hit cap on a couple before it's up now. Thanks STS :)

Thegreenduck
08-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Two reasons I started this thread,
1. To find out if it was either a bug or reward
2. Why only certain players got the elixer

I got the 7 day elixer also on all characters and totally agree with people who think its unfair!
I mostly disagree with players who are using the "it's unfair" reason because up till now, sts had a clear answer of their actions.
But we still havnt got an honest explanation why WE (the elixer rewarded players) are the ones that are being rewarded...
Best answer we got so far was "that's sts being crazy again"

Bunnyshoota
08-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Why didn't I get one? How exactly do you determine the "selected accounts"???

If you're gonna do this sam, then atleast give everyone a chance to test it.

Really feeling disappointed and left out...........

-BS

Brave Sir Robin
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
For those of you who had the chance to test this elixir, could you please let us know:

1. Does it work as advertised? E.g. if you tested it in Crypt / Sandbar, did you get double the normal xp?
2. What happens when used with a 4x? Does the run actually give 6x?

You could just post your xp gain after a full run, e.g. "I am lvl. xx, Sandbar run, 7d+Thrash, xp gained: xxx".

I might buy it at some point so this information would be really helpful :)

Bunnyshoota
08-05-2012, 04:55 PM
For those of you who had the chance to test this elixir, could you please let us know:

1. Does it work as advertised? E.g. if you tested it in Crypt / Sandbar, did you get double the normal xp?
2. What happens when used with a 4x? Does the run actually give 6x?

You could just post your xp gain after a full run, e.g. "I am lvl. xx, Sandbar run, 7d+Thrash, xp gained: xxx".

I might buy it at some point so this information would be really helpful :)

Mr robin,

You seem to be misinformed. By stacked, it means all multipliers are MULTIPLIED not added. There is a 2x multiplier on 7 day elixir, and 4x multiplier on thrasher, so multiplying them, you should have 8x the xp not 6x.

Also, I assume that it should work as advertised. Still angry i didn't get one though.......:(

McBain
08-05-2012, 05:11 PM
A seven day elixir given to "select" accounts? That doesn't sound fishy at all...

Brave Sir Robin
08-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Mr robin,

You seem to be misinformed. By stacked, it means all multipliers are MULTIPLIED not added. There is a 2x multiplier on 7 day elixir, and 4x multiplier on thrasher, so multiplying them, you should have 8x the xp not 6x.

Also, I assume that it should work as advertised. Still angry i didn't get one though.......:(

Thx for replying :)

I would agree with you, but could you read the following please? That's why I asked people to test :)

Yes, once you purchase the 7 day 2X exp elixir, you will have that effect on that character for 7 consecutive days (it is always counting down). You can stack any other exp elixir on top of it. If you get a 4x exp elixir, you would then have a total of 6x exp.

and...

I ran 2 full hours in the lagoon and still only came up with your typical 4x xp or approx 8k per hr ... This was with full thrashed team and the double experience elixir. That coupled with the fact that it was purchased on the wrong toon (refused to switch the elixir to the correct character) and I decided all level later ...

LwMark
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Well i snapped an bought the friggin 7day best thing ive done, i guess, i went from 51k to 59.5k in a hour and half with gold pots.

I see you monarch helm..i see you

Brave Sir Robin
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Well i snapped an bought the friggin 7day best thing ive done, i guess, i went from 51k to 59.5k in a hour and half with gold pots.

So 8.5k in 1.5h with 2x + 1.5x... that's pretty good actually

Thegreenduck
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Weekend almost over, hopefully we will get some answers...

Cobraguy
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I bought one as well and with 1.5x gold pots in Villas I'm pulling close to 4k xp per hour. I definitely can't complain. Overall its saving me some plat in the long run as I'm in no big hurry to reach 71 anyway, this was just a nice bonus I wasn't going to pass up for the price of a couple of thrashers.

Gluttony
08-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Not sure how or why STS would do something like this, but I'd like to assume it was a mistake that has since been played off as a purposeful move. We are all aware that the devs at Spacetime don't do deadlines; and with good reason, I cannot recall the last time a new content patch went out on a Friday that was bug free.

As I understand it; yes I was omitted from the special group of kids to be rewarded with 80p per toon, these select accounts got a free 7 day elixir and we have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as of now. Just taking a quick glance at the graciousness of this move is quite staggering, I know of one player who was blessed with double xp on 19 of his toons (this is the most extreme case I've heard to date). Now for those who have multiple toons you know that not all will enjoy the benefits, some are xp locked while others are capped but no matter because they all get it. So that's 19*80p=1,520p or over one thousand and five hundred free plat for this random individual. Compare that to some of the STS contests:

Spacetime Studios Platinum Giveaway - Log In Via Chrome and You Could Win! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45000) 10 platinum
Announcing the Design a Hat Contest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5830) 20 platinum
2012 Twitter Contests (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59608-2012) 30 platinum/weekly
I Don't Always (X) But When I Do (Y), because of (Z)! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50977) 50 platinum
Design Contest – Create Fiery Weapons of DOOM (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26411) 100 platinum
Pocket Legends Item Design Contest - Create Humania Legendary Weapons! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56824) 100 platinum
Pocket Legends 1 Year Anniversary Bake a Cake Challenge! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24137) 500 platinum
Pocket Legends T-Shirt Design Contest - Win the Shield of Legends and Your Shirt! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33981) 500 platinum

Having 19 toons is the equivalent of winning all the PL contest combined, basically having 2 toons earns an awardee the privileged of getting more free plat than most STS events without even having to compete, and anyone who has 7 or more wins the grand prize of more than any PL plat giveaway in history (SL had the Player Video Guide Event (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40748)). So when players are saying it's a unfair, there is basis for that statement. I get that STS is allowing certain users to test out new products before they hit the market, but the 7 day elixir had already been in available for a full week before this patch went live on Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (95487) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64211). That seems like a long enough testing period to me, players who purchased it had time enough for them to expire.

If the idea was to test it's "effectiveness for user engagement," why not give it to everyone, make it toon specific for those who are at L70 or even give it to players who have failed to log in for a few days but were once very active players? If it was a calculated move, I'd at least like to know why these and not those. I have yet to find any common thread between players who were granted the elix and those who weren't, but to be honest I've spent less time in PL than ever.

Disclaimer:
Please don't hit me with the obligatory U Jelly meme or make accusations, fact is I'm not even sure if I had got one if it would have increased my play time anyway. I play about 5+ min daily, for the Vincent special and to finish off the run that my elixir timed out in. That's pretty much it, maybe some random chat time with an old friend but otherwise, in and out in 10 min flat.

LwMark
08-05-2012, 11:45 PM

So 8.5k in 1.5h with 2x + 1.5x... that's pretty good actually

Yes nothin but gold pots BUT you got to run with people who know what there doin i also ran with a thrasher and another tgrasher occasionally but it wasnt full thrasher and i used the 7k pots alot to help out, but the key is just players who know what there doin

vampinoy
08-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Another conspiracy, there's been a big switch-a-roo, I thought "this" will give me another chance to "cry" (I was so excited...oh well) but STS made sure I was on the other side this time around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it's "your" turn now :P I'll be watching from the sidelines :P Good luck, make it good *Gets popcorn*. I'm leveling up one of my low level twink to 71 (in less than a day thanks to this) using this "SPECIAL reward" (thanks STS) awarded "ONLY" to "SELECTED players"...will my xp gets rolled back? Let's find out :P Excited much.

PS: I'll definitely play more now because of this (turns off PC) :P Awesome marketing move!

McBain
08-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah, this testing "effectiveness for user engagement" story totally sounds like bs to me. It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off. I'm thinking that a patch goes out Monday removing the elixirs that were accidentally given.

vampinoy
08-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah, this testing "effectiveness for user engagement" story totally sounds like bs to me. It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off. I'm thinking that a patch goes out Monday removing the elixirs that were accidentally given.

Mistake with an e-mail? That's one too many mistakes for a mistake :P

vampinoy
08-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Not sure how or why STS would do something like this, but I'd like to assume it was a mistake that has since been played off as a purposeful move. We are all aware that the devs at Spacetime don't do deadlines; and with good reason, I cannot recall the last time a new content patch went out on a Friday that was bug free.

As I understand it; yes I was omitted from the special group of kids to be rewarded with 80p per toon, these select accounts got a free 7 day elixir and we have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as of now. Just taking a quick glance at the graciousness of this move is quite staggering, I know of one player who was blessed with double xp on 19 of his toons (this is the most extreme case I've heard to date). Now for those who have multiple toons you know that not all will enjoy the benefits, some are xp locked while others are capped but no matter because they all get it. So that's 19*80p=1,520p or over one thousand and five hundred free plat for this random individual. Compare that to some of the STS contests:

Spacetime Studios Platinum Giveaway - Log In Via Chrome and You Could Win! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45000) 10 platinum
Announcing the Design a Hat Contest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5830) 20 platinum
2012 Twitter Contests (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?59608-2012) 30 platinum/weekly
I Don't Always (X) But When I Do (Y), because of (Z)! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50977) 50 platinum
Design Contest – Create Fiery Weapons of DOOM (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26411) 100 platinum
Pocket Legends Item Design Contest - Create Humania Legendary Weapons! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56824) 100 platinum
Pocket Legends 1 Year Anniversary Bake a Cake Challenge! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?24137) 500 platinum
Pocket Legends T-Shirt Design Contest - Win the Shield of Legends and Your Shirt! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33981) 500 platinum

Having 19 toons is the equivalent of winning all the PL contest combined, basically having 2 toons earns an awardee the privileged of getting more free plat than most STS events without even having to compete, and anyone who has 7 or more wins the grand prize of more than any PL plat giveaway in history (SL had the Player Video Guide Event (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40748)). So when players are saying it's a unfair, there is basis for that statement. I get that STS is allowing certain users to test out new products before they hit the market, but the 7 day elixir had already been in available for a full week before this patch went live on Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (95487) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64211). That seems like a long enough testing period to me, players who purchased it had time enough for them to expire.

If the idea was to test it's "effectiveness for user engagement," why not give it to everyone, make it toon specific for those who are at L70 or even give it to players who have failed to log in for a few days but were once very active players? If it was a calculated move, I'd at least like to know why these and not those. I have yet to find any common thread between players who were granted the elix and those who weren't, but to be honest I've spent less time in PL than ever.

Disclaimer:
Please don't hit me with the obligatory U Jelly meme or make accusations, fact is I'm not even sure if I had got one if it would have increased my play time anyway. I play about 5+ min daily, for the Vincent special and to finish off the run that my elixir timed out in. That's pretty much it, maybe some random chat time with an old friend but otherwise, in and out in 10 min flat.

Have you ever seen a test where the entire population was involved? :P You'll have to be the most inefficient statistics body to take the entire population as your sample size. It's usually just a percentage of the population whereby the results will eventually be projected to the entire population. You over analyze, this is not the "end" of the equation therefore it's not comparable to those rewards you mentioned (which are "ends" on their own merits), it's just data-gathering (hence a test) and the purpose of this "activity" is to gauge a sample population so they can calibrate their future marketing schemes eventually projecting them to the entire population :P I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who got "handpicked" for this special test. It's that simple really :P Your question should be, why me? why him? :P The method is generic, even high school students know what data gathering means :P Nothing wrong with it, only becomes wrong if analyzed with malice :P

PS: I didn't call you jelly :P

Riccits
08-06-2012, 07:28 AM
i got it too :kiwi-fruit:
even i have on all 13 chars i wont level them up all bcz they are my level specific twinks
i will use to level my bear and mage, so practically got 160plat for free :)

but anyway, sts just cause rants by themselves with those random selections..

Swords
08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey all,

It seems that the 7day exp elixer got renewed somehow!
But not only renewed, it also seems it has spread like an infection to all other character that share the same account!
How?
I asked several people who experienced the same (lets call it issue), and they all told me the same answer...
Yea, all my chars got it also...
So basicly everyone who bought an 7day exp elixer (pink) BEFORE the last patch got this issue!

Crimsontider just told me he also bought it but was expired and didnt renew, so it might only have worked for players whos elixer were still active when pl got patched...

Ill ask around some more, thx all

Quack!

i still got mine even though i never bought one :/

RioMage
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
We should have certain days like twice a month where everyone get double the xp for the whole day!!! Horrrraaaaayyy!!

McBain
08-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Mistake with an e-mail? That's one too many mistakes for a mistake :P

Uhhhh....huh? I don't understand. To what e-mail would you be referring?

Suentous PO
08-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Uhhhh....huh? I don't understand. To what e-mail would you be referring?
They sent a couple emails reciently, one was a survey that had nothing to do with this and another one sayin basically- here you go try this out (paraphrased)
Some people were confusing the 2.

McBain
08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
The question is when did the emails go out, because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir. One of my friends got one of these free 7-day elixirs and he didn't get any email. Still sounds to me like STS didn't do this on purpose.

Patricks
08-06-2012, 11:40 PM
The question is when did the emails go out, because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir. One of my friends got one of these free 7-day elixirs and he didn't get any email. Still sounds to me like STS didn't do this on purpose.

Email from sts about happenings and promotions always come late. Never BEFORE something is given or starts.

I bet all the people that got free double xp are the same people that got a free L65 toon. Also they didn't inform the entire community about the free L65 just like they didn't with this. You just have to meet a certain criteria to qualify.

vampinoy
08-06-2012, 11:45 PM

:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

If that post doesn't convince you that this was not an accident then I don't think anything can :P Don't worry, probably next time, they'll include you in their list special list too :P

PS: Timing of the email doesn't matter, the latest is that the Dev addressed it already. If you'll question his integrity......good luck! :P

razerfingers
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM

I have screenshot of email id gladly post it but dont wanna get an infringment because the emails they send and you send them you cannot share but they automatically go to support site if its sent to the support which is strange to me lol

McBain
08-07-2012, 12:45 AM
:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

If that post doesn't convince you that this was not an accident then I don't think anything can :P Don't worry, probably next time, they'll include you in their list special list too :P

PS: Timing of the email doesn't matter, the latest is that the Dev addressed it already. If you'll question his integrity......good luck! :P

:confused:That's the post I've been referring to, so no need for a screen shot for my benefit. And it's not a question of integrity.

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 01:16 AM
:confused:That's the post I've been referring to, so no need for a screen shot for my benefit. And it's not a question of integrity.

1. You said and I quote "It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off" as a reaction to that post of Samhayne that I just provided. I simply emphasized that because at that point, all logic on your theory went out the window. You're questioning the integrity of the DEV because you are insinuating that he is contradicting himself. How can someone have integrity if they're proven to have said one thing (which he did) and meant another (you think it's a mistake, just playing it off)? precisely what you were trying to hint, right? or you had no idea what you were hinting at? :P unless you don't know what you're saying, it looks like you're putting the integrity of Samhayne in question :P

2. I mentioned an e-mail and you seem oblivious of it, yet, before that post on the email you earlier are quick to jump into conclusion that this was a "mistake" (after Samhayne's post). So you thought this was a mistake without full knowledge that there were emails sent out? :P It was only after my post on the email that you claimed to have a friend who did not receive the email when earlier you had no idea what email I was referring to :P Sounds like we're just pulling a rabbit out of the magic hat :P

3. Even after learning that there were emails sent out together with the word from dev that I provided, you still insist that the "timing of the email is in question", you still insist that it was not done on purpose still hinting that devs are saying one thing and doing another. Also, you are basing things on hearsay because you're not your friend...you don't know for sure whether he didn't receive the emails or if he just didn't check diligently...you can't speak for him. :P So in the end, all you have is a hearsay and your little imagination :P

To quote one my favorite fighters, George St-Pierre "...I am not impressed by your performance..." :P

McBain
08-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Wow, I don't even know where to start with that. Lol, where exactly did I say the "timing of the email is in question?" You're just twisting my words and starting an argument now, and luckily for me, impressing you is among the least of my concerns. No more to say on this matter.

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Wow, I don't even know where to start with that. Lol, where exactly did I say the "timing of the email is in question?" You're just twisting my words and starting an argument now, and luckily for me, impressing you is among the least of my concerns. No more to say on this matter.

When you said this "The question is when did the emails go out" LOL that was a direct quote not twist :P Of course you wouldn't know what to say, I understand you're tongue tied as of the moment :P I'll give it a few minutes or hours before you think of a better story :P For now, adios amigo :P

PS: Give my regards to your "friend" who didn't get the email :P

McBain
08-07-2012, 02:31 AM
In your previous post, you put quotation marks around "timing of the email is in question" as if that was a quote from me, which it is not. That's the very definition of twisting words. Furthermore, asking when the emails went out like I did and "questioning the timing of the emails" are two very different things. I'm hardly tongue-tied. You're just clearly going out of your way to argue.

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 02:40 AM
In your previous post, you put quotation marks around "timing of the email is in question" as if that was a quote from me, which it is not. That's the very definition of twisting words. Furthermore, asking when the emails went out like I did and "questioning the timing of the emails" are two very different things. I'm hardly tongue-tied. You're just clearly going out of your way to argue.

I paraphrased not twist, you still haven't disproved me to call it twisted, prove first that what you meant was not what I meant for you to say it was twisted :P Otherwise, asking a question and questioning something are identical statements :P Both aims to point out a hole or gap that was not addressed...otherwise, what is the point of asking something if you already know the answer :P Alone, it would have been an innocent question, however, what is crucial is the sentence that followed...I'll explain further :P

So you're telling me that you asked this "The question is when did the emails go out" but you don't actually mean to question the timing of the emails...so why did you then went further and said "...because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir" right after asking the question...as if it was a consequence of the timing? :P If you were merely asking for the "when" you wouldn't go any further and state the consequence should the email were untimely, you would have just ended with a question :P You were clearly insinuating a disconnection on timelines :P

PS: I am going out of my way :P I invite you to because I can sense that you're just using very minimal portion of your head atm...I know you can do more :P

McBain
08-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Sigh....

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.

Is that what you want to hear?

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Sigh....

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.

Is that what you want to hear?

I was right and you were wrong, but I already knew that...:P

Thegreenduck
08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Now its just like Area 51!
Rumors, conspiracy and storys...
But we still dont know whats going on...

I KNOW, its all a plot...
Spacetime studios and Area 51 are the same thing!
I even got evidence, a picture of their leader...!!!

GURGOX

JaytB
08-07-2012, 06:31 AM
^ Lol@Gurgox :D

Brave Sir Robin
08-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Another conspiracy, there's been a big switch-a-roo, I thought "this" will give me another chance to "cry" (I was so excited...oh well) but STS made sure I was on the other side this time around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it's "your" turn now :P I'll be watching from the sidelines :P Good luck, make it good *Gets popcorn*. I'm leveling up one of my low level twink to 71 (in less than a day thanks to this) using this "SPECIAL reward" (thanks STS) awarded "ONLY" to "SELECTED players"...will my xp gets rolled back? Let's find out :P Excited much.

PS: I'll definitely play more now because of this (turns off PC) :P Awesome marketing move!

When I read this, I was like http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

Cheers, man.

On the other hand, it seems that you are a good customer and your elite dungeon guide was pretty good, too. Now, I remember you mentioned playing some other game, so getting you back even to level your twink was worth giving you the reward (which didn't cost them anything anyway).

Btw could you please let me know what happens when you combine this weeklong 2x with 4x if/when you get the chance to try it.

@LwMark, Cobraguy: Thanks a lot for the info guys :positive:. Hope this weeklong elixir will be around when I need it :)

Suentous PO
08-07-2012, 08:52 AM
When u combine week long with thrash it gets you about 7xp per kill. Sometimes it looked like 6 per or 8 per kill, so that probably had to do with those fractions of xp that we can't see.i only did a very short test but I just wanted to give you an idea, Brave sir.

Also someone earlier thought the people who received this were the same who got the free lv 65- I was not one of them.

Brave Sir Robin
08-07-2012, 06:07 PM
When u combine week long with thrash it gets you about 7xp per kill. Sometimes it looked like 6 per or 8 per kill, so that probably had to do with those fractions of xp that we can't see.i only did a very short test but I just wanted to give you an idea, Brave sir.

Very useful information, this is what I was looking for.

You were talking about Lagoon, right? Did some experimenting there, a run seems to give 78 - 87 xp. Not sure if this has to do with some sort of xp bonus. There are 74 bad guys in this map, which means each one of them gives:

in case of 78 total xp gained in run: 78/74 = 1.056 xp/enemy
in case of 87 total xp gained in run: 87/74 = 1.176 xp/enemy

In theory, 2x+4x stacked give 6x therefore we would expect:

in case of a 78 xp run: 1.056 x 6 = 6.32 xp/enemy
in case of a 87 xp run: 1.176 x 6 = 7.05 xp/enemy

And these are the numbers that you gave me. Therefore, the 2x+4x seems to give a total of 6x as advertised.
Probably there are cases in which a run could give > 87 xp which would explain 8 xp/enemy. Of course, since this number refers to xp gained per 1 kill, it could just be the result of the accumulation of fractions, as you said.

In any case, great stuff, thanks a lot :)

Suentous PO
08-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Your analysis looks great. The only toon I was able to test this on is leveling in AO at the moment All I was able to do quickly this morn was to kill one at a time while alone pausing every kill to screenshot then rough average.
Cheers

Brave Sir Robin
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Of course we need to estimate this on the same map to be accurate, as different enemies might give different xp.

OK I might lvl a toon up to AO to check it out... which AO map was it? And your lvl at the time you recorded xp gain?

Htiek
08-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Hey gang,

Cheers!
-Samhayne

Thank you so much for the free 7 day exp elixer
Just up to 71 yesterday http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/lomore/hoho.gif

Suentous PO
08-08-2012, 01:08 AM
OK I might lvl a toon up to AO to check it out...
No need for that, I bet. I'll pm you tomorrow with the levels I have, you can decide peramiters, maps whatev. and I do a couple runs to give you data.
just a couple days left tho. We'll chat.

Ps. Grats Htiek

McBain
08-08-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm pretty sure I counted around 100 xp per run in Lagoon a while back. Maybe I did it wrong. Just looked at my xp before and after the run. Was this clearing the map or skipping certain mobs? Full party or solo?

edit: Checked just now and got 98 xp on a run with a full party. Might have even missed some on a part of the map where our group kinda split off two ways

Brave Sir Robin
08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I counted around 100 xp per run in Lagoon a while back. Maybe I did it wrong. Just looked at my xp before and after the run. Was this clearing the map or skipping certain mobs? Full party or solo?

edit: Checked just now and got 98 xp on a run with a full party. Might have even missed some on a part of the map where our group kinda split off two ways

You are right. 78-79 solo and 85 with 2, clearing the whole map. I tried later with full party it was about 100. But the numbers Suentous gave me were for AO, so the result is incorrect anyway. I should wait for Suentous's report to estimate properly for AO and it would also be helpful if anyone can report xp gain in Lagoon when running with 2x+4x elixirs, full party.

@ Suentous thanks for your help and time, man.

Brave Sir Robin
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
With the valuable help of Suentous the mystery was finally solved :)

First of all, many assume that 1 kill = 1 xp but this is not correct. As we previously discussed in this thread, parameters such as number/level of party members, number of total kills, difficulty of enemies on map (denoted by the "threat level", i.e. colour of circle attached to their health bar) influence the total xp gain.

Therefore, we did the following experiment:

We solo-ed the same map (AO3, Crush the keeper) both with same level toons (52). Threat level was 'blue' for both of us.
Suentous had a combination of 2x weekly + Thrasher (4x) elixirs, while I played without elixirs.
We agreed to run until Mynas's room, killing zombies but not aliens. So in each run 64 zombies were killed (always 38 enemies remaining).
We did five runs each.

In every run, Suentous gained 192 xp while I gained 32. Obviously, 6 x 32 = 192 so the 'elixir stack' works as advertised, i.e. 2x + 4x = 6x.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/Gavel.gif

;)

Note that at level 52, this map gives just 0.5 xp per kill.