View Full Version : Unable to transfer plat between games

BlacPlague
08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
So i noticed Star Legends had a plat sale so thinking plat is based off account i bought 800 to get ready for Arcane Legends, now I find out I Have 30$ worth of plat in a game i don't play any more thanks Spacetime, you lost a supporter.

Deathpunch
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
So i noticed Star Legends had a plat sale so thinking plat is based off account i bought 800 to get ready for Arcane Legends, now I find out I Have 30$ worth of plat in a game i don't play any more thanks Spacetime, you lost a supporter.

Yeah, you can blame Apple for that one, not STS. Also, not too keen on the thread title...

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

BlacPlague
08-03-2012, 06:20 PM
because making it so you can transfer plat would be to easy

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:26 PM
because making it so you can transfer plat would be to easy
It used to be that it was account based, but thanks to Apple, it's not. Apple told STS that if they didn't get rid of the shared platinum feature, they wouldn't accept Star Legends. Where are those aniti-Apple pics when we need one?

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Oops

BlacPlague
08-03-2012, 06:32 PM
and where is the warning to us when we buy it?

i mean if the currency was a different name for each game i could guess it wasnt shared but sence its plat on all i just lost 30$

i'm pissed and not planning to get spacetime another cent

at least is there any way i could get it xfered to DL

Floating
08-03-2012, 06:36 PM
It used to be that it was account based, but thanks to Apple, it's not. Apple told STS that if they didn't get rid of the shared platinum feature, they wouldn't accept Star Legends. Where are those aniti-Apple pics when we need one?

Good enough?
http://g1wallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg
http://g1wallz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/piss-on-apple-black-xdock.jpg

Now out of the record, even if i use ios, I beleive apple has its reasons to not let cross plat.
To the person who made this thread: Did it say anywhere your plat can be shared from game to game @.O?

Cahaun
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM

i mean if the currency was a different name for each game i could guess it wasnt shared but sence its plat on all i just lost 30$

*cough* Email support *cough*

Delphina
08-03-2012, 06:58 PM
You can submit a request to support and explain the situation. They might be able to refund it.
http://support.spacetimestudios.com/anonymous_requests/new

Carapace
08-03-2012, 06:59 PM

That is terrible! Please contact support, we can probably do something for you in regards to that.

Jblazer
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
This is not to blame STS it's on apple.

Xaphan Fox
08-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Pretty sure you made an assumption... take some consumer responsibility.
And email support before blasting them on the forums.
Also a sale in one game but not in another should have been a slight indication it isn't across account...

BlacPlague
08-03-2012, 08:04 PM
sorry i raged I just got angry with the idea of having lost 30$.

Thanks for the help i sent in a e-mail

BlacPlague
08-04-2012, 09:06 PM
So I got a response today

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to the terms of use we are bound to, I am unable to transfer platinum between games. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

- Alexander

TOS:
Platinum. While using our Spacetime Applications, you may purchase Platinum which is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends in order to access certain features and functionality. Spacetime reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the amount of Platinum or the fee required for Platinum for use of any given feature. Platinum has no real world value and may only be used to purchase virtual products or services provided by Spacetime. Platinum has no cash value and is non-transferrable. FEES PAID FOR PLATINUM ARE FINAL AND UPON TERMINATION NO PLATINUM WILL BE REFUNDED. SPACETIME shall have no liability for hacking or loss of Platinum from your Spacetime account. The terms for redeeming Platinum can be changed at any time without notice. Selling Platinum and/or fraudulent or unauthorized charges are in direct violation of these Terms and all violators will be subject to immediate account termination. All Platinum purchases and items purchased within the in-game store using Platinum are non-refundable.

If by saying plat has no cash value and is non-transferable your way of saying its game bound, that isn't really fair, when i first read it I understood it as I can't trade it between accounts, not games.
So ya still pissed but sense I'm screwed at least re-word it so you don't piss off more people

Good bye

Rare
08-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Don't understand why you need a warning. They are two different games. Seems like something you should have checked on before you bought it.

Despite that, I'm sure if you asked for a refund they would give it.

Ask for a refund and not to transfer. You aren't going to get the sale price in a game that doesn't have a sale.

Xaphan Fox
08-04-2012, 09:57 PM
What he said

<神>
08-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Think twice before you act. ^^

Piosidon
08-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Try emailing iTunes support. There's also a reason for STS not being able to refund plat, they can't hack into Apple and return $30 to your account, but Apple support can.

HunterSLAYER
08-05-2012, 06:25 AM
So I got a response today

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to the terms of use we are bound to, I am unable to transfer platinum between games. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks!

- Alexander

TOS:
Platinum. While using our Spacetime Applications, you may purchase Platinum which is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends in order to access certain features and functionality. Spacetime reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the amount of Platinum or the fee required for Platinum for use of any given feature. Platinum has no real world value and may only be used to purchase virtual products or services provided by Spacetime. Platinum has no cash value and is non-transferrable. FEES PAID FOR PLATINUM ARE FINAL AND UPON TERMINATION NO PLATINUM WILL BE REFUNDED. SPACETIME shall have no liability for hacking or loss of Platinum from your Spacetime account. The terms for redeeming Platinum can be changed at any time without notice. Selling Platinum and/or fraudulent or unauthorized charges are in direct violation of these Terms and all violators will be subject to immediate account termination. All Platinum purchases and items purchased within the in-game store using Platinum are non-refundable.

If by saying plat has no cash value and is non-transferable your way of saying its game bound, that isn't really fair, when i first read it I understood it as I can't trade it between accounts, not games.
So ya still pissed but sense I'm screwed at least re-word it so you don't piss off more people

Good bye

Or you can start playing SL and i'll be glad to help u :)

Ign: Lordkira

P.s. The rover from the scifi pack is awesome! :)

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Zul
08-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Try emailing iTunes support. There's also a reason for STS not being able to refund plat, they can't hack into Apple and return $30 to your account, but Apple support can.

If you go to the source, the sale agent such as iTunes or Google and have your charge cancelled or stopped it's a dispute. Which will result in a chargeback to STS. Most games ban you if you get a chargeback because you are literally taking back money you said they could have... behind their back. That's like buying a soda, chugging it in front of the cashier then going to the service desk for a refund because it was flat...

I want to point out to you, that it does say if you go to the web store or in the Terms that Platinum is game Specific. It actually says this when you select the game. So if you go to the store and click on Pocket Legends it says "* Platinum is an in-game currency specific to Pocket Legends." which mean of course you're not going to get to use it in different games if you buy it for Pocket Legends. And if you select a different game it says the same thing for that game, Platinum is <X> game specific. Just because the currency in Star and Dark Legends are named the same as in Pocket Legends doesn't mean it's the same currency. Canada and the U.S.A. both use the "Dollar" but they are NOT interchangeable. One is a "Canadian Dollar" the other is an "American Dollar" and if you try to use the one in the other country it doesn't work.

To be brutally honest, this really isn't STS or Apple's fault. Just you, for not looking at it before you bought it. If you do ask for a refund, I advise being really nice, and playing the dumb card. If you come off as mean they wont want to help you. I read the return policy and they say in there A LOT that they can say "No" any time they please. Which is kind of mean. But still true...

Deathpunch
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Wrong, good sir. Apple, Inc. is fully to blame. They're the ones who pitched a fit and refused SL until it was changed. In game currency SHOULD be good across all games made by the same company.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

BlacPlague
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I played SL didn't really enjoy it, that is why i got it for AL so id start off with same level as everyone + some boosts from plat
As for a warning, you don't play games by nexon SOE AGE or other games like that often do you? all there real money currency is account linked, so sense that what I've played it seemed logical that the same name of currency would be account linked not bound to the game.

Would be nice sense I can't transfer it to get it refunded so I can put it into my DL account at least, there for not actually have the plat transferred by Spacetime, and not breaking there deal with Apple, but what ever I guess the money I already gave them isn't enough to help someone who like and wants to continue to play and support there games.

Cahaun
08-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Blame Apple! :)

Woohoo!

Growwle
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Although it seems that not allowing you to share plat between games was part of the deal to get STS games on the App Store, STS could get around that if they wanted to. STS could make it so any plat you buy on their Website (not App Store, or through Google Play), was account bound and you could use that pool of plat in any STS game that shares the same account (email based through STS site). Maybe I am wrong, but it is just more profitable to make you buy separate plat for each game. Does not matter much to me, because I only play one STS game at a time for the most part and I enjoy new content, so I want STS to do well.