PDA

View Full Version : haracter not found when replying

takotako
09-02-2022, 08:48 AM
Hello, im not sure if im the only one experiencing this.

Whenever i tap the button reply in the notifications, my message isnt delivered and it shows character not found in the chat (pic below). The person is online and for some reason it shows that. It occured like 5 times to me but sometimes ur message gets delivered https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220902/9764258733e6324f8b950d4e7e4b381d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Xuds
09-02-2022, 09:36 AM
it happens when the person switches maps at the same time you send the message

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

takotako
09-02-2022, 10:13 AM
it happens when the person switches maps at the same time you send the message

Sent from my DE2118 using TapatalkThe player in the screenshot i attached is in fact in another map. But it also happened before i took this screenshot, to a player i was talking to there in the same paradise pier map, the player was there and the only time the character not found show up in chat is when i tap reply in the notification, but it doesnt show when i tap the character and message, and when i /tell them.

Greazemk
09-02-2022, 09:43 PM
The player in the screenshot i attached is in fact in another map. But it also happened before i took this screenshot, to a player i was talking to there in the same paradise pier map, the player was there and the only time the character not found show up in chat is when i tap reply in the notification, but it doesnt show when i tap the character and message, and when i /tell them.

If you just typed /r to reply instead of /t (name) then this wouldn't happen, normally if you typed /r and you are talking to people the first person who messaged gets the reply meaning if person 1 messaged you first, then person 2 messaged you right after your reply will probably be sent to person 1 and it happens most of the time.

Or person 1 replied to you then you are typing, while you're typing person 2 messaged you your reply will likely be sent to person 1.

That makes sense because you're talking to someone in another map, perhaps that's what happened.