PDA

View Full Version : NEW Build! 95 STR Enchantress = Offtank Battle Mage + AoE + Heals + omg!

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 03:32 AM
He's back for more.

The new hotness... Strength Enchantress! :confused:

Do you want 62 DPS and 65 armor? Do you want to be a badass AoE/Healer/DPSer!?

Do you like the words BATTLE MAGE or PALADIN? What? OMG YES?! Then keep reading.

Let me first give my specs:

Name: Pixxie

Class: Enchantress level 30

BASE Attributes: Str: 95, Dex: 53, Int: 7

(VERY IMPORTANT. I didn't increase my INT at all.. This build is NOT for those who want a large mana pool or m/s regeneration. That, or you COULD sacrafice the DEX pump with an INT pump to gain a few more mp and m/s... but you'd lose hit rate, dmg, and dps :()

Skills: I've stuck with Gigahertz's skill recommendations, and I love the mix. It continues to give me lovely, golden, fluffy AOE damage, heal-meister capabilites, plus a bit of buff/debuff:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/787/29271010.png
Heal: 5
Lightning: 5
Res: 1
Firestorm: 5
Ice Storm: 1
Nightmare: 5
Magic Shield: 5
Blessing of Vitality: 1
Blessing of Might: 1

Stats (with item bonuses included):
Str: 104
Dex: 53
Int: 7
Hit: 107% (!!)
Crit: 10 (!!)
Dodge: 3
Health: 252
Regen: 2
Mana: 304
Damage: 51 - 55
DPS: 62 (!!!!) :rolleyes:
Armor: 65 (!!!!) (69 if I sacrifice the 1m/s and switch to Frosty Shield)

Gear (until I find better):

Croc's Polar Bear Snowcap (lvl 30 LE drop) - 1 str, 1 m/s, 5 armor
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9864/spolarcap24.png

***Flaming Sword of Blood (lvl 30 LE drop OR itunes store) - 34 -38 dmg, 0.9 speed (essential for dps(!)), 5 str, 2% hit
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9439/swordoh.jpg

Crusader's Frosty Chain Mail (lvl 30 LE drop) - 2 str, 1 dex, 38 armor
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/740/sfrostychainmail.png

Croc's Square Hardwood Shield (lvl 30 LE drop) - 1 str, 1 m/s, 14 armor
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/599/shardwood30.png

Conclusion:

I've created a balanced Battle Mage!!

Benefits:
Insane DPS (for class)
AoE like crazy - It's possible with no fear of aggro because..
You've got tons of armor! Offtank ready!
Heal + Res
Big HP pool + regen = I don't die very much anymore

Detriments:
Low Mana Pool
Low m/s regeneration (tho can be supplemented by Croc's gear)
No ranged attack (but again, AoE is semi ranged)
Expensive! Uses a lot of mana potions!

Final Words:

Seriously? I am enjoying this SO much...

I was a bit mad when the daggers were crippled.. but thank you Spacetime! You helped me see the light!

Battlemage ftw! :)

(the obligatory "please don't nerf" now included!)

Please let me know what you think!

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Ok I shouldn't brag but I solo'ed the Frost King. At the cost of a LOT of pots. lol.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 05:32 AM
It is an expensive build. With a melee attack and low mp regen, you'll be spamming spells offten.

But at higher levels, this build seems quite ideal. Good survivability
Sigh.

Just like how everyone went dex to get daggers and dps, now everyone is going to go str to get armours, lol

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 05:35 AM
But you know? I don't see this as a "Crack" build. There are some definite sacrifices made as a caster for the boost in Armor and DPS. It's viable and it is well defined by the title of Battlemage.

I'm still looking to supplement the low mana regen with some top tier Croc's gear... sadly it always seems to drop to the archers... oh well I'll keep farming. :)

nathanyc
04-20-2010, 05:43 AM
It is an expensive build. With a melee attack and low mp regen, you'll be spamming spells offten.

But at higher levels, this build seems quite ideal. Good survivability
Sigh.

Just like how everyone went dex to get daggers and dps, now everyone is going to go str to get armours, lol

and then they'll release a patch where people cant cross wear armor lol

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 05:51 AM
and then they'll release a patch where people cant cross wear armor lol

If they do, that will be the end for me... And I'm a dedicated customer.. Already dropped around $20 on this game. IMO, you should be able to put together a "deficit" build like this in such an MMO. It's customization that makes these games shine.

I posted the build here because I find it so much fun that I'd like others to enjoy.. if I wanted to be selfish I could have kept it to myself and hoped that my little activity went unnoticed.. by posting it I know it runs the risk of an admin read and subsequent nerf.

BUT:

I give the game developers credit.. if they see a true imbalance they should try their best to fix it. This however is not an imbalance, as previously explained, and really requires no fix.

j46g629h
04-20-2010, 06:03 AM
We just played together, Pixxie:)
I'm still confused about damage range and dps,
my current stats:
Str: 1
Dex: 15
Int: 150
Hit: 96%
Crit: 11
Dodge: 1
Health: 200
Mana: 375
Regen: 3
Damage: 90 - 106
DPS: 43
Armor: 41

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Hi Kenemily! Just to be clear about what's confusing you.. is it the relation between the 'damage range' of 90 - 106 and how that translates into DPS?

Well it has more to do with weapon SPEED than anything else, amazingly.. Because I use the Flaming Sword of Blood (lvl 30 itunes store) with a damage range of 34 -38 but a SPEED of 0.9, I hit much much much more often and hence have a higher DPS.

What weapon are you using? Can you give me all the stats? For reference, I've played a pure INT mage before, and a semi pure DEX mage.. for the moment I find my build to be the ideal :)

j46g629h
04-20-2010, 06:19 AM
I don't care about the armor,
just wanted to get more dps and faster damage speed
what do you recommend?

cheers,

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 06:26 AM
The h/s regen on the Lightning Staff IS tempting, but apart from that the 7 int bonus only gives you 3 more mana. Sad.

I would absolutely respec to 96 STR, 15 dex, and if you want to keep some mana.. dump the rest into int?

You'll have a NICE build in that case! (though you'll lose some mana regen.. maybe find some m/s armors?)

j46g629h
04-20-2010, 06:38 AM
int doesn't affect damage in the current version,
just increase mana pool and regen
that is ridiculous,
so I wanted to build a different stats to be a really dps enchantress

Odvar
04-20-2010, 06:38 AM
I am expecting the nerf bat on these type of specs, possible armor/weapon limitations like traditional MMO's

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 06:39 AM
I am expecting the nerf bat on these type of specs, possible armor/weapon limitations like traditional MMO's

I could see them limiting enchantress to daggers, wands, and staves... sure.

Sad, it's tons of fun. I dislike when games go from "fun" to "serious."

Shebee
04-20-2010, 07:50 AM
This is why I think the game is so broken....

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
This is why I think the game is so broken....

Could you explain?

Banned
04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Could you explain?

The constent class changing and nerfing.

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 08:12 AM

I agree that the constant nerfing is a pain.. but this is a game in its infancy.. as it changes for the better so will I, and I hope so will everyone.

However, what I'm asking is why my new build indicates that the game is broken?

I think a battlemage is viable! Please remember, I SUFFER from a lack of mana and regen in this build - it does have balance.

Swoe
04-20-2010, 08:59 AM
The only real difference between the classes at the moment are the abilities, and like Pacifus i've also had a bit of fun experimenting with unconventional builds.

Pacifus isn't parading his spec as the be all and all of Enchantress builds, rather a different and fun style of play for the class. As for getting "nerfed", I can see the developers placing limits on items being used by only certain classes just because hey it seems right for only warriors to use swords, but specs like this are by no means overpowered, Pacifus is pretty much just a warrior in a dress, except instead of survivability spells he can shoot lightning and fire.

I think its important for games like this to leave a lot up to the player in terms of character customization and play style, and as long is it stays balanced I say experimentation should be fair game.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 09:15 AM

Considering the game has only been out for... what 2 weeks? And they are already addressing alot of balance issues. (in the case of warriors, they over addressed it, and now str is the new dex)

I think its fine. Like when you balance on a rope, you will wobble back and forth, so too shall the devs wobble around and nerf and buff things too offten.

SMELTN
04-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I definitely do not think Enchantress' should be using anything other than staffs and wands. Daggers I am iffy on.

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought people would rally and have fun with this build, but instead all I'm getting are negative comments (Except for Swoe. thanks man!). I'm tempted to just take this post down.

Diaper
04-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Don't feel so bad Pacifus.. as long as you like the build and it works for you :)

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I thought people would rally and have fun with this build, but instead all I'm getting are negative comments (Except for Swoe. thanks man!). I'm tempted to just take this post down.

Actually I wasnt being negative. It does seem like a good build at high levels, it is just going to be tough working up to a point where you can rely completely on spell spamming for offence. (and still earn a monitory profit)

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Ah okey doke. Maybe I was just being too defensive. And with all that armor, I can afford to be defensive!

Ba-dum-ching! (ugh bad joke)

Flyingcookie
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
got a few screens for you dude =)

(i didn't loot the cap yet but i have a good one you might want to see, also i don't have the sword ^^")

Crusader's frosty chainmail (http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/740/sfrostychainmail.png)

suggestion: Croc's polar bear snowcap? (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9864/spolarcap24.png)

Croc's Square Hardwood Shield (both versions)
lvl 24 (http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8297/shardwood24.png)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8297/shardwood24.png

lvl 30 (http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/599/shardwood30.png)

there, now you only need a screen of the sword and a screen of the cap for your guide =)

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks thanks thanks! I added the "ideal" items to the front page... bit of a cheat but whatever!

Where did they drop for you? Which lvl on LE?

Flyingcookie
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I can't remember sorry, i just logged in and checked if i had the items in your list =P

Xervitude
04-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I actually kinda like it. I might be willing to give it a try but mana regen being slow will suck.

Diaper
04-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah it is quite interesting, however I am quite used to 9m/s so 3 m/s might take some getting used to

Seraphine
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
I want to try this build! But I have some questions.

Ack uploading screenshots.... Is there an iPhone/iPad friendly photo hosting site???

Violentsaint
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
intresting build, i would respec but i have just enough money in my itunes account for the next expansion pack. and id choose that over respec :)

Flaming Sword of Blood (lvl 30 itunes store) - 34 -38 dmg, 0.9 speed (essential for dps), 5 str, 2% crit
(anyone have a screenie of sword?!)

heres one

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9439/swordoh.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/swordoh.jpg/)

btw i just randomly looted the sword in the new expansion pack, i didnt buy it off itunes, same with the assassins heavy crossbow.

oh and if you were wondering the stats for frosty axe of legend
74-88 damage, 1.9 speed, 7 str, 2H/s

Violentsaint
04-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I want to try this build! But I have some questions.

Ack uploading screenshots.... Is there an iPhone/iPad friendly photo hosting site???

i think theres an imageshack app for iphone, i havnt tried it yet tho

Seraphine
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
So I got the upload figured out..

First question: some weapons seem under performers

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/jlpanian/PL%20Screenies/089d259b.jpg

I have this, but it doesn't seem to compare to something like this

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/jlpanian/PL%20Screenies/17028d1e.jpg

The speed and big dps increase of the later seems to be far superior? Am I missing something

Violentsaint
04-20-2010, 09:17 PM
wow big screenshots!! im guessing there ipad shots...

man id give my left nut for an ipad, just to play this game on it :P

Seraphine
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh sorry, they did turn out well. And the Ipad kinda sucks for the game. I prefer my iPhone controls. They made it at least playable withnthe joystick update, but it's too far up the side. If they allowed you to move the controls like most other games, it would be great on the iPad.

Seraphine
04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Well I noticed the sword is actually 35 lvl. But the same idea applies, the purple drop seems inferior to green drops.

Towelie
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
hey pixxie i've played with you before!

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 01:17 AM
hey pixxie i've played with you before!

Hi Towelie! It must have been in my character's infancy. :) Send me a friend request!

To quote Southpark, "Towelie, you're the worst character ever."

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 01:22 AM
intresting build, i would respec but i have just enough money in my itunes account for the next expansion pack. and id choose that over respec :)

Flaming Sword of Blood (lvl 30 itunes store) - 34 -38 dmg, 0.9 speed (essential for dps), 5 str, 2% crit
(anyone have a screenie of sword?!)

heres one

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9439/swordoh.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/swordoh.jpg/)

btw i just randomly looted the sword in the new expansion pack, i didnt buy it off itunes, same with the assassins heavy crossbow.

oh and if you were wondering the stats for frosty axe of legend
74-88 damage, 1.9 speed, 7 str, 2H/s

Saint!! Thank you thank you thank you! The post is now complete..

I just need to actually GET the lvl 30 croc's shield and the Croc's cap :P

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 01:32 AM
And thank you all for the increasingly positive feedback. I was beginning to doubt whether I had discovered something interesting or created a monster with this build.

But I am STILL loving it!

Flyingcookie
04-21-2010, 01:54 AM
The hardest part on iphone is finding an image rotating app that doesn't kill quality in the process - and i haven't found one yet (i spent over 5€ looking for one but even the ones saying that they don't degrade the pictures do ...), as far as uploading pictured go, imgur mobile is a good app (gives direct links...)

Violentsaint
04-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Saint!! Thank you thank you thank you! The post is now complete..

I just need to actually GET the lvl 30 croc's shield and the Croc's cap :P

no problem Pacifus, feel free to add me ingame, maybe we could do some dungeon crawling together :)

btw does everyone have a strong hate for that 'lil bill' boss from the lost expedition pack. or is it just me.

i just run in with mana sheild on thinking its just a bunch of little yetis and bam!!!! K.O

i know it says lil bill over his head but its in white font and hardly noticeable.

anyways.... gone a bit off topic. just wanted to throw the question out there :P

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 02:00 AM
no problem Pacifus, feel free to add me ingame, maybe we could do some dungeon crawling together :)

btw does everyone have a strong hate for that 'lil bill' boss from the lost expedition pack. or is it just me.

i just run in with mana sheild on thinking its just a bunch of little yetis and bam!!!! K.O

i know it says lil bill over his head but its in white font and hardly noticeable.

anyways.... gone a bit off topic. just wanted to throw the question out there :P

Yes I hate him. Unbalanced for the first level of Lost Expedition :P

I just pwned him with 2 birdy archers. I had to res each of them during the fight lol.

Azrael
04-21-2010, 03:56 AM
We named this build Paladin pixxie!

And seriously this is the best it gets for a mage imo atm due to the ridiculously high amor rating. Keep in mind though that int does provide crit... which i wasn't aware of before a day ago.

And btw people.. i'm going to have to make a new post for this... but seriously, start using the debuffs. They are so much better than the buffs. and yes... the debuffs are AOE.

p.s. my warrior can already solo lost expedition in its entirety.. and my character is level 27 with a "testing" build atm.. dont even have evasion.... so i don't expect to be coming back to my 30 enchantress till i trade comes out and i start swapping around all my legendary items.

Violentsaint
04-21-2010, 04:07 AM
this is bit off topic but how do i become a member of this legends guild ive been seing in everyones sig?

its the only guild ive seen so far and i want in :P

Pixxie
04-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Come to the Legends website:

http://theappradar.com/index.php

There will be a chat window which appears and auto-assigns you a name. Click on your name in the list and change it to whatever you want. Then just register in the forums and you're in! We'd love to have you :)

Reaper is the GM btw.

Talekz
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice Build! I have meet u today's morning =) real paladin)
How capture the screenshots? i would submit my char)

Diaper
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Awesome build pixie, I love it!

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:58 PM
The hardest part on iphone is finding an image rotating app that doesn't kill quality in the process - and i haven't found one yet (i spent over 5€ looking for one but even the ones saying that they don't degrade the pictures do ...), as far as uploading pictured go, imgur mobile is a good app (gives direct links...)

I downloaded Photobucket for my iPad and iPhone. I then used my computer to log into photobucket.com. I was then able to rotate the images without any loss of picture quality. I have not found a way to rotate on either mobile device. I hope this helps, as this service is completely free.

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice Build! I have meet u today's morning =) real paladin)
How capture the screenshots? i would submit my char)

Hit and hold the top power button, and also the home button together. This will take a screenshot saved to your images. If done correctly you should see the screen blink a faded white.

Hurs
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice work Pixxie :D

Xynasty
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
That's a very nice account. Keep it up !

Xanthia
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I also looked at this build as soon as STR became the new DEX, however, I can't wait for the Nurf bat to come and HIT the classes hard again, I do not believe that Enchantresses should be running around in Plate Armor equipped with a sword and board. It goes against everything traditional classes are made up. If there were a more diverse number of playable classes I could digest seeing a battle mage or whatever, but with only have 3 classes I believe that having this type of a class is not good. I love the build and you certainly made this build well for the parameters of the class.

I look to the devs for good judgement to steer the classes in the right direction, and letting any class wear and use anything is not the direction any successful MMO has ever gone.

Please do not read in-between the lines here, I am not saying your a bad person for making this build, I just want to voice my opinions on this being possible in the game. Great job on the build.

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 12:37 AM
I don't get why the devs don't just make every item class specific, and stat requiring! Staff of poop, 1-2 damage, 0 dps, m/s 300, class: enchantress. Why not?!?!

Pixxie
04-22-2010, 02:01 AM
I also looked at this build as soon as STR became the new DEX, however, I can't wait for the Nurf bat to come and HIT the classes hard again, I do not believe that Enchantresses should be running around in Plate Armor equipped with a sword and board. It goes against everything traditional classes are made up. If there were a more diverse number of playable classes I could digest seeing a battle mage or whatever, but with only have 3 classes I believe that having this type of a class is not good. I love the build and you certainly made this build well for the parameters of the class.

I look to the devs for good judgement to steer the classes in the right direction, and letting any class wear and use anything is not the direction any successful MMO has ever gone.

Please do not read in-between the lines here, I am not saying your a bad person for making this build, I just want to voice my opinions on this being possible in the game. Great job on the build.

Duly noted. Thanks for the constructive feedback Xanthia.

In a sense I agree with you. With such a limited number of classes, to make builds like this can "break" a bit the play style. However.. I am an endgamer, and to keep my interest and $$ it behooves the game developers to leave such customization open. If not... if there were simply Tank, DPS, and Heal class roles.. sadly I would quit.

In a sense... I'm glad to "break" the game to help the devs steer things in the right direction. They need such pioneering to make the critical choices about their game functionality.

At the same time, I love experimenting, and with each nerf I will try to create a new, funny, unique build. ;)

Legit
04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I just told my friend to hit this up and try it out, he just hit lvl 30, has all recomended armour, including sword which he got from a drop, and he is loving it so far, i'll give ya more when I hear from him.
I just started another class, I have a 30 archer, now lvling up my enchantress for this.
I hate the automatic inject on skills like when you first unlock them, or else I wouldn't wanna re roll, but whatever.
Nice.

Jakeism
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
If they do, that will be the end for me... And I'm a dedicated customer.. Already dropped around $20 on this game. IMO, you should be able to put together a "deficit" build like this in such an MMO. It's customization that makes these games shine.

I posted the build here because I find it so much fun that I'd like others to enjoy.. if I wanted to be selfish I could have kept it to myself and hoped that my little activity went unnoticed.. by posting it I know it runs the risk of an admin read and subsequent nerf.

BUT:

I give the game developers credit.. if they see a true imbalance they should try their best to fix it. This however is not an imbalance, as previously explained, and really requires no fix.

look at diablo 2, sorc can wear all sorts of barbarian mail and use 2h swords and that kinda crap, so why shouldnt we be able to :D

LordRaid
04-23-2010, 01:30 AM
This game is new. Those who constantly keep posting something along the lines of "mages = staves + wands!", let's just keep it down. This new style of mage is great; I just made a new one and played on it (you've converted me :P) and I found it to be fun! That's what I'm in it for, at least.

AoE spells, healing with warrior armor is awesome. But I was wondering, if we're not completely going for max DPS possible with this build, would there be a large difference in DPS when two mages, compared to each other (both using this str build, mage 1 having str + dex while mage 2 has str + int)? Because the M/S from the int, alongside it being crit for enchantresses and a bit of hit % as well, wouldn't it just be SIMPLER (simpler, not better, necessarily) to be str + int? Asking, I'm curious, I really don't know whether dex = DPS or int = DPS, just started this game a week or so ago and lurked the forums xD

Thanks in advance.

Pixxie
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
This game is new. Those who constantly keep posting something along the lines of "mages = staves + wands!", let's just keep it down. This new style of mage is great; I just made a new one and played on it (you've converted me :P) and I found it to be fun! That's what I'm in it for, at least.

AoE spells, healing with warrior armor is awesome. But I was wondering, if we're not completely going for max DPS possible with this build, would there be a large difference in DPS when two mages, compared to each other (both using this str build, mage 1 having str + dex while mage 2 has str + int)? Because the M/S from the int, alongside it being crit for enchantresses and a bit of hit % as well, wouldn't it just be SIMPLER (simpler, not better, necessarily) to be str + int? Asking, I'm curious, I really don't know whether dex = DPS or int = DPS, just started this game a week or so ago and lurked the forums xD

Thanks in advance.

Good questions. It comes down to preference.

INT will increase DPS as well, but I haven't tried pumping INT as the 2ndary stat, so I couldn't give you the "difference" in DPS.

DEX, however, also boosts HIT, CRIT, and DODGE. Quite important since I'm slashing my flamer around and all up in the faces of the enemies. :)

Clattuc
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
I did a Battlemage for a while but recently switched to the "Arch-Mage" - all Dex, leather, bow. Standard skill set. It's a ton of fun! I hope the developers focus on cool new content instead of nerfing player creativity.

Sayishere
04-24-2010, 12:35 PM
ive always played healers, and always gone for the combat healers for all MMOS ive played, your spec really is what im looking for so thanks for the post, this will be for my alt which im leveling atm, im just hoping before i actually start gettinh my mage leveled up and geared up that this spec wont be nerfed or something like that:/

Leviticus
04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
so for the perfect paladin, level 30 of course, what would you say are the best BASE stats to have? (without equipment)

araziza
04-29-2010, 10:00 PM
So this thread is a bit dead, but I figured I'd try this type of build. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to do strength/int or strength/dex, i like the dex effect, but int will allow access to heal, buff, and magic shield, which would really let this baby tank! By the way, the first 10 levels or so for this build are really difficult!

PvP
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm doing my best to get ready for the new PvP that will be coming out. If its going to be how most games have PvP, high DPS is essential. However if you get hit with arrows that slice you up like a knife and butter (gotta love my symbolism) then that won't be any good either. Its really hard, at least for me, to be able to see the best possible build for PvP. This might be one of the top, however I'm not extremely confident that it will be. You need a nice combination of OFFENCE and DEFENCE in your build. As for skills, I'm not too sure. I'm thinking mage skills would offer the best tactics as far as PvP goes. If all my assumptions are correct (which they are not ; ]) this could be a very good build. Anyway, good job.

Violentsaint
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
hey pixxie i just respec to this when i saw how awesome the'ursan warlord armor' looks for the enchantress

im saving up for it now

if any1 has items to donate please give to me

Violentsaint
05-03-2010, 12:45 AM
BEHOLD, MY BATTLEMAGE!!!!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3397/photoeu.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/photoeu.jpg/)

62 DPS
68 ARMOR =D

id call him a paladin but he doesnt look verry 'holy' =D

with this build the only problem is u have to use alot of mana pots, and i donno if this is true or not, but someone ingame said to me " have fun geting owned when pvp comes out cos u cant use potions"

does anyone know if thats true cos i rly dont wanna respec and i really like wearing ursan warlord armor, if i cant use pots in pvp ill have to make a new character just for pvp...

FeralDruid
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
BEHOLD, MY BATTLEMAGE!!!!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3397/photoeu.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/photoeu.jpg/)

62 DPS
68 ARMOR =D

id call him a paladin but he doesnt look verry 'holy' =D

with this build the only problem is u have to use alot of mana pots, and i donno if this is true or not, but someone ingame said to me " have fun geting owned when pvp comes out cos u cant use potions"

does anyone know if thats true cos i rly dont wanna respec and i really like wearing ursan warlord armor, if i cant use pots in pvp ill have to make a new character just for pvp...

This is true, no pots in pvp.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, while this build may be good for PvE... I don't think it will be very viable for PvP.

FeralDruid
05-04-2010, 04:27 PM
if there is an equivalent skill for regenerating mana as there is for health on warriors, I would think kiting/rooting to regen MP might be fun. You'll have to get used to being slippery once your burst dps is over. I'll find out, I am going to roll a battlemage this weekend :)

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Evocation would be a nice addition for all you WoW players out there.

FeralDruid
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Evocation would be a nice addition for all you WoW players out there.

I was thinking Innervate ;)

Hurs
05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Either one would work, eh? :P

Violentsaint
05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Hey pixxie could you possibly put the base stats for this build for lvl 35

and what skills to put points in from lvl 30-35

cos ive coppied pixxies build but i just bought ancient swamps and intend to lvl to 35, and confused were to put atribute points and skill points

i was thinking i might be good to put 5 points in life drain, would be usefull in pvp, as this is a paladin build. i donno what do u guys think?

helmethead
05-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I was thinking drain life too. Anyone has other suggestions?

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 05:29 AM
VIOLENTSAINT'S LVL 35 BATTLEMAGE / PALADIN BUILD (FROM LVL 30-35)

BASE Attributes
strength 103
dexterity 70
intelligence 7

SKILLS- Exactly the same as Gigahertz's skill recommendations (refer to page one of thread) but with lvl 5 life drain (comes in handy as it usually fully heals me and does alot of single target damage)

Str: 124
Dex: 70
Hit: 114% (!!)
Crit: 14 (!!)
Dodge: 8
Health: 262
Regen: 6
Regen: 0
Damage: 59 - 63
DPS: 71 (!!!!)
Armor: 83 (!!!!)

ITEMS (till i farm better gear)

HELM - (Green) Ursan bullfrog helm
3 str, 1H/s, 7 armor

SWORD - (pink) Flaming sword of Blood (buy with plat)
+ chance of additional fire damage!
39-43 damage, 0.9 speed, 7 str, 2 H/s

ARMOR - (purple) Croc scale plate of Ahnold
6 str, 2% Dodge, 47 armor

SHEILD - (purple) Saintly Sheild of the Bear
5 str, 3% dodge, 2% crit, 17 armor

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5471/saintc.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/saintc.jpg/)

Feel free to comment, congratulate, or criticise :)

largecommander
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
He's back for more.

Do you like the words BATTLE MAGE or PALADIN? What? OMG YES?! Then keep reading.

(VERY IMPORTANT. I didn't increase my INT at all.. This build is NOT for those who want a large mana pool or m/s regeneration. That, or you COULD sacrafice the DEX pump with an INT pump to gain a few more mp and m/s... but you'd lose hit rate, dmg, and dps :()

Skills: I've stuck with Gigahertz's skill recommendations, and I love the mix. It continues to give me lovely, golden, fluffy AOE damage, heal-meister capabilites, plus a bit of buff/debuff:

***Flaming Sword of Blood (lvl 30 LE drop OR itunes store) - 34 -38 dmg, 0.9 speed (essential for dps(!)), 5 str, 2% hit

Conclusion:

Benefits:
Insane DPS (for class)
Heal + Res

Detriments:
Low Mana Pool

Final Words:

I was a bit mad when the daggers were crippled.. but thank you Spacetime! You helped me see the light!

ok this is a very great build but if u go up to lvl 35 u can leave the mana shield at 0 and not u have 10 stat points since ur lvl 35 and add them to buff

Pharcyde
03-15-2011, 10:22 PM
You do realize this thread is 11 months old right? ;)

Yitty10
07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
The new update let's u get a skill every 2 levels until u get all of them (level 22) then u get a lot more skill points to help on ur blessings and heal

kobebean
07-18-2011, 11:16 AM
DON'T....NECRO....threads. Please.

Suentous PO
07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Only staffs & wands? Why? Tradition?
This is a magic/ fantasy game...
WITH GUNS AND ALIENS!
Pkew pkew

lesliesoon
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey your build is not expensive in the beginning at all lols its great man. i can solo missions easily and the max amount of mana potions i used were lesser than 20 if i am with team mates, perhaps 2 potions, thats very thrifty. But does INT affect magic damage in the current version? Because i am kind of new to this game and i do not know the updates. Oh and btw seems that using 1 handed axe boost alot more DPS than sword. But i heard that sword provide more magic damage? Oh and does that include heal amount?

Burningdex
12-22-2011, 01:03 AM
He's back for more.

Conclusion:

Benefits:
Insane DPS (for class)
Heal + Res

Detriments:
Low Mana Pool

Final Words:

great build so 2day i decided to make a pally only lvl 7 LOL

Burningdex
12-22-2011, 01:05 AM
He's back for more.

Conclusion:

Benefits:
Insane DPS (for class)
Heal + Res

Detriments:
Low Mana Pool

Final Words:

awesome build so i made a pally level 7 LOL

Luniette
01-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Would love to see an upgrade to this build here as it's rather old and the game has evolved. I haven't played for long so I don't know what exactly has changed but by reading that build over I don't see it any special.
Not sure if it was the original poster or someone else who said they'd soloed the Ice King. Really? I mean, really? You call that an achievement? I'm playing a newbie 99% Int enchantress and tend to solo Ice King rather often and I don't tend to use any potions or elixirs.

Also so far (lv30ish like the OP) the dungeons in the game have been built so that I can use magic shield to keep myself in the game and with my DPS and mana pool I can clear rooms in a matter of seconds before the shield wears off. With that I dare say that I can solo places much faster and more efficiently than the OP with his build, and I'm doing it with a simple enchantress build nearly every newbie has brains to use.

so, OP please update the gide so we will see the light.

Swimmingstar
01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Off-topic: I liked how the chars looked before, giant heads too big for the body. :D

Zapoke
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Would love to see an upgrade to this build here as it's rather old and the game has evolved. I haven't played for long so I don't know what exactly has changed but by reading that build over I don't see it any special.
Not sure if it was the original poster or someone else who said they'd soloed the Ice King. Really? I mean, really? You call that an achievement? I'm playing a newbie 99% Int enchantress and tend to solo Ice King rather often and I don't tend to use any potions or elixirs.

Also so far (lv30ish like the OP) the dungeons in the game have been built so that I can use magic shield to keep myself in the game and with my DPS and mana pool I can clear rooms in a matter of seconds before the shield wears off. With that I dare say that I can solo places much faster and more efficiently than the OP with his build, and I'm doing it with a simple enchantress build nearly every newbie has brains to use.

so, OP please update the gide so we will see the light.

This was over a year ago.. They nerfed the bosses and gave us stronger gear (Iceberg). An update to this build would be:

94 strength, 50 dex, 11 int.

Gear:
Iceberg Longsword, iceberg plate, sniper helm (level 20 from plat pack) or any "legendary" strength helm 25-30.
(or you can use the iceberg hatchet and iceberg shield for tank. Best for PvE only.)

Build:
5 BOV, 6 BOM, 1 heal, 5 fire, 1 frostbite, 1 mana shield, 5 light, 5 drain. (NOTE: This is a PvP based build. For PvE, you probably want to take the points in drain out and put 4 heal, 6 light, 6 fire.)

I would also like to point out that the person who posted this most likely has quit by now.

crestmage
01-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Digging up old threads poison the forums lol...

Zapoke
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Digging up old threads poison the forums lol...

Then why did you post on the thread? It was going back down... Lol.

Ebakriki
02-04-2012, 05:52 PM
i recon that str should have daggers :D :banana:

angelikflo
02-05-2012, 03:35 AM
base stats lvl 23
base str:79
total: 98
b. dex 34
total 36
b. and total int 7
hit 71
crit 12
dadge 4
hp 446
regen 8
mana 604
regen 2
damage 75-94
dps120
armor 38

how am i a lower lvl with way better stats im confused?

nvm new to forum didnt see date sorry for the necro

Pokechmp
02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
U know you can put on Str gear and a bow to give more dps and range. Havnt tried it though.

Pokechmp
02-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Digging up old threads poison the forums lol...Hey woah this is helpful. I really like the build.

Pokechmp
02-13-2012, 06:41 PM
awesome build so i made a pally level 7 LOLBtw don't double post

NECROREAPER
02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Btw don't double post

Btw, don't triple post

XghostzX
02-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Btw don't double post

LOL. C'mon mate.

I used this build at one time, it was really nice.

NRGstorm
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
He's back for more.

Conclusion:

Benefits:
Insane DPS (for class)
Heal + Res

Detriments:
Low Mana Pool

Final Words:

I don't think your points are valid. You say you're a tank but you got Lv5 Weakness? They're not hitting you for you to tank. How are you a tank w/ Lv1 Blessing of Vitality? If you max that it gives you +40 armor?

DPS & Armor? I'm Lv30 also.. my stats include:
STR:1
DEX:98(+28 from EQUIPS)
INT:56
HIT%:105
CRIT:14
DODGE:11
HEALTH:400
REGEN:6
MANA:628
REGEN:8
DAMAGE:68-73
DPS:118
ARMOR:61

w/ BOV I have 101 armor.
w/ BOM I have 98-104 damage & 168 DPS & 74% CRIT.
w/ Shivering Set..

Skills:
Lv6 LIGHTNING
Lv6 FIRESTORM
Lv1 ICE STORM
Lv1 MAGIC SHIELD
Lv6 BLESSING OF VITALITY
Lv6 BLESSING OF MIGHT

therefore you wouldn't even need to tank. Use BOV & BOM before battle. Go into a mob, Lightning - Ice Storm, Firestorm, then they're usually dead. if not then cast Lightning 1 more time or repeat. Magic Shield is when you get into a tight squeeze.

Just saying..

Zapoke
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't think your points are valid. You say you're a tank but you got Lv5 Weakness? They're not hitting you for you to tank. How are you a tank w/ Lv1 Blessing of Vitality? If you max that it gives you +40 armor?

DPS & Armor? I'm Lv30 also.. my stats include:
STR:1
DEX:98(+28 from EQUIPS)
INT:56
HIT%:105
CRIT:14
DODGE:11
HEALTH:400
REGEN:6
MANA:628
REGEN:8
DAMAGE:68-73
DPS:118
ARMOR:61

w/ BOV I have 101 armor.
w/ BOM I have 98-104 damage & 168 DPS & 74% CRIT.
w/ Shivering Set..

Skills:
Lv6 LIGHTNING
Lv6 FIRESTORM
Lv1 ICE STORM
Lv1 MAGIC SHIELD
Lv6 BLESSING OF VITALITY
Lv6 BLESSING OF MIGHT

therefore you wouldn't even need to tank. Use BOV & BOM before battle. Go into a mob, Lightning - Ice Storm, Firestorm, then they're usually dead. if not then cast Lightning 1 more time or repeat. Magic Shield is when you get into a tight squeeze.

Just saying..

If you paid attention.. You might have noticed that this build is over a year old. It's outdated information, and the poster of the thread has most likely quit. :/

NECROREAPER
02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
This thread is actually almost TWO years old. This guy was the creator of the Paladin class in PL, so I think his post deserves a little more respect than ridicule.

Zapoke
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
This thread is actually almost TWO years old. This guy was the creator of the Paladin class in PL, so I think his post deserves a little more respect than ridicule.

Thank you. :S

crestmage
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey woah this is helpful. I really like the build.
yeah u would. it's called a "paladin" build , if u nvr heard of it ;)

ROMKAKRD
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
the wizard without mana complete zero as not cool!!! themselves think what then he mana shield??? I not trying to dissuade you from doing the hybrid as I am int/dex...but the magician without mana is impossible to leave!!!

Samhayne
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Closing this thread since it is old, out of date information.